Mini Normal 2276: Around the World - Game Over!

Freedom
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him, they/them

Post Post #1175 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:29 am

Post by Freedom »

I think that I now TR Gamma more after that exchange with Ausuka.
I don't think hewould defend marci this much if he was scum.
Unless marci and Gamma are T/S but I don't think that this seems likely.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1176 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:34 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 1171, Gamma Emerald wrote:echant is a loose cannon, maybe gain some fucking context!
Oh yeah because it's only enchant that ever busses on day 1

Hey remember that game I mentioned earlier where I correctly said scum was bussing on d1 and people thought that was so unrealistic the thought couldn't come from town? In a very similar situation to the one we were discussing, in which scum are all under suspicion d1? Was that because of loose cannons too?

I also reread multiple of my past games recently and I noticed that scum place bussing votes a lot more often than people would expect just as a general trend.

I don't even think you're scum pushing this but I think it's really silly that you don't even think this viewpoint could come from town
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1177 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:38 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1119, Alexcellent wrote:so I'm sort of aroundish and have skimmed a bit but will probably catch up properly tomorrow.

The sudden jump from Marci to Corwin is a bit jarring -- @datisi, can you give me the tl;dr for your change in read on marci? You seemed pretty deadset that she's obvscum a few pages ago.

re: Corwin -- I will probably end up voting here. His aggression isn't necessarily a scumtell to me (although I agree his responses don't look great). I initially said I'd probably vote Corwin because his ISO is pretty bare and feels like there's sort of an absence of scumhunting. But the main thing I find dodgy is this:
In post 310, Corwinoid wrote:Hi Alex, hi Bella.

Bella 100% town because she's always town.

I'm caught up on the game but I don't have a lot to add right now, I've stayed up late to get the replacement sorted and I'm going to bed.

Hard town reading Crescent this game though.
Actually didn't ping me as necessarily scummy in a vacuum. At the time Mini 2276 was still going and I figured "oh, Corwin's probably seeing Crescent playing similarly to the last game and he's figured out she's town in that and so that's what he's seeing here". But that explanation goes out the window given that town Corwin just hammered town Crescent to end the game in Mini 2276 - indicating he didn't really have any confidence in her alignment so I can't fathom how he can be hard town reading her in this situation. And I feeeel like scum!Corwin wants to avoid confrontation with Crescent.

The only thing that gives me pause here is how abruptly everyone jumped from Marci to Corwin. Makes me a tad paranoid.
In post 1124, Alexcellent wrote:Ausuka do you think Corwin is scummy or still set on Marci?
these posts seem rather perturbed marci isn't the lead wagon, and it feels like alex wants datisi + ausuka to stay the course there
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1178 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:41 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1176, Ausuka wrote:
In post 1171, Gamma Emerald wrote:echant is a loose cannon, maybe gain some fucking context!
Oh yeah because it's only enchant that ever busses on day 1

Hey remember that game I mentioned earlier where I correctly said scum was bussing on d1 and people thought that was so unrealistic the thought couldn't come from town? In a very similar situation to the one we were discussing, in which scum are all under suspicion d1? Was that because of loose cannons too?

I also reread multiple of my past games recently and I noticed that scum place bussing votes a lot more often than people would expect just as a general trend.

I don't even think you're scum pushing this but I think it's really silly that you don't even think this viewpoint could come from town
you're using low-effort axioms rather than actually thinking about what alex is posting
it could be a bus, anything could be a fucking bus! actually think about whether THIS is a bus you numpty!
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1179 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:44 am

Post by Ausuka »

No, you are. I never said Marci and Alex are scumbuddies based on associatives. You're the one saying Marci is clear on an Alex red flip. Which I think is nonsense frankly and I prefer to try and read players on how scummy their posts are rather than associatives which were built upon assumptions I fundamentally disagree with.
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1180 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:45 am

Post by Alexcellent »

Both Ausuka and Datisi have been pushing the Marci wagon the hardest, I was curious where they were sitting and especially curious about Datisi who has been screaming that Marci is scum all game and now he’s on Corwin. It’s interesting to me. I am not necessarily perturbed.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1181 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:46 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

well I disagree that marci's posts are scum-indicative
scummy maybe, but scummy is not scum-indicative as I'm sure you've heard MANY times before
like, actually try to case marci. I'll read it.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1182 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:48 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

if Alex does not vote corwin before this day ends and corwin flips scum, I'm taking that as a scumclaim by alex
<Embrace The Void>

Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1183 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:48 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

i was townreading gamma before it was cool
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1184 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:52 am

i was pushing corwin before it was cool
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1185 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:54 am

In post 1028, Save The Dragons wrote:{crescent, corwinoid, johny} game solved gg mic drop
i'm feeling this so hard right now
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1186 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:55 am

Post by Crescent »

Gamma/Ausuka feel like town arguing game theory.
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1187 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:58 am

Post by Alexcellent »

This feels like one of those damned if I do/damned if I don’t games
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1188 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:59 am

Post by Alexcellent »

In post 1185, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 1028, Save The Dragons wrote:{crescent, corwinoid, johny} game solved gg mic drop
i'm feeling this so hard right now
I can see 2/3, can you sell me on Crescent?
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1189 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:01 am

crescent has some posts that feel fake
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1190 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:01 am

like the tone is weird
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1191 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:03 am

In post 952, Crescent wrote:#948 and #949 are a good representative example of why she feels so fake. That's an [incredible] mood swing between those posts.
this is a dead giveaway that she's trying to find things to pin on marci that aren't actually things
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1192 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:03 am

Post by Ausuka »

I think I've cased Marci enough? But essentially it's that I think she's shown little actual scumhunting, and what she has shown has been incredibly shallow. She crumbles upon being pressed by Datisi about her push on him which has like pretty much no substance to it. She then makes fun of Datisi for tunneling in which in itself is the same thing as the best reason for scum Corwin imo - it comes across as if she knows datisi is town. Only after this does she then say Datisi might be town. Then, she tries to use the post saying Datisi might be town to prove that she's 're evaluating' even though she made the post after Datisi called out how shallow the read was - I think this is an example of scum changing their behaviour after getting caught to evade scumreads. It's very convenient for town Marci to suddenly come to the conclusion about the game she needed to push back against the scumreads on her. Especially since I'm pretty sure she never elaborated a thought process on her Datisi read.

Additionally, I think a lot of her posts come across as openwolfing - especially the part where she's like "you all are lazy because you scumread me" without like, actually putting in the work to advance the town wincon and push the scum who are presumably taking advantage of this laziness and/or encouraging it. Most of the stuff I said about her early game I still believe as well.

Sure, scummy people don't have to be scum. The same reasoning could be used for Corwin or anyone else. I think that Marci is the most likely player to be mafia of anyone in this list.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1193 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:04 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 1186, Crescent wrote:Gamma/Ausuka feel like town arguing game theory.
I mean, I agree. I just think this game theory discussion is necessary to make sure we don't Lim one or two scum and then throw the lead because scum were voting each other.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1194 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:05 am

Post by Crescent »

I think the point Ausuka is making is if those 3 are scum together. they've all come under so much fire they have no reason not to add to it... Though the way Marci practically stopped posting just for Corwin to catch up doesn't feel like something scum says to another scum in topic and that has nothing to do with bussing.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1195 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:06 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 1191, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 952, Crescent wrote:#948 and #949 are a good representative example of why she feels so fake. That's an [incredible] mood swing between those posts.
this is a dead giveaway that she's trying to find things to pin on marci that aren't actually things
I saw an extremely fake seeming burst of emotion come out of nowhere, as I have many times this game from her. I stand by my natural distrust of such things.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1196 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:09 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 1194, Crescent wrote:I think the point Ausuka is making is if those 3 are scum together. they've all come under so much fire they have no reason not to add to it... Though the way Marci practically stopped posting just for Corwin to catch up doesn't feel like something scum says to another scum in topic and that has nothing to do with bussing.
I mean, I understand that kind of read a lot more and get where it's coming from. Personally I disagree though? Like it's slightly unaligned maybe but I don't think it's difficult enough for scum to fake that it would affect who I feel is the best elimination
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1197 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:12 am

Post by Alexcellent »

Can you point me to specific examples or is it a full game encompassing thing?

I find her hard to read

Pedit— mm… that’s sort of how she plays as town. If anyone else played this way I’d be voting them, but she tends to throw shade around all day long and call lots of things scum until she decides to vote someone eventually.
I’m not saying she’s town but it’s kind of in line with how she acted on the game we just finished and she was town.
She has also said that her scum game is similar to her town game so idk

Pedit 2 - y’all talk quick, this was in response to StD
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #1198 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:14 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 1192, Ausuka wrote:Additionally, I think a lot of her posts come across as openwolfing - especially the part where she's like "you all are lazy because you scumread me" without like, actually putting in the work to advance the town wincon and push the scum who are presumably taking advantage of this laziness and/or encouraging it. Most of the stuff I said about her early game I still believe as well.
bitch im at work i cant aot down and do sentencds and sentences rn
EVIL CANADIAN HATES BAJA BLAST

this clown has a gtkas unfortunately
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1199 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:14 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 1192, Ausuka wrote:I think I've cased Marci enough? But essentially it's that I think she's shown little actual scumhunting, and what she has shown has been incredibly shallow. She crumbles upon being pressed by Datisi about her push on him which has like pretty much no substance to it. She then makes fun of Datisi for tunneling in which in itself is the same thing as the best reason for scum Corwin imo - it comes across as if she knows datisi is town. Only after this does she then say Datisi might be town. Then, she tries to use the post saying Datisi might be town to prove that she's 're evaluating' even though she made the post after Datisi called out how shallow the read was - I think this is an example of scum changing their behaviour after getting caught to evade scumreads. It's very convenient for town Marci to suddenly come to the conclusion about the game she needed to push back against the scumreads on her. Especially since I'm pretty sure she never elaborated a thought process on her Datisi read.

Additionally, I think a lot of her posts come across as openwolfing - especially the part where she's like "you all are lazy because you scumread me" without like, actually putting in the work to advance the town wincon and push the scum who are presumably taking advantage of this laziness and/or encouraging it. Most of the stuff I said about her early game I still believe as well.

Sure, scummy people don't have to be scum. The same reasoning could be used for Corwin or anyone else. I think that Marci is the most likely player to be mafia of anyone in this list.
Everything Marci did towards Datisi was bad, and not even acknowledging her train until after it died was also bad, but why does she throw suspicion of Corwin there? She nor Corwin were really under any real pressure at the time.

Actually I guess I can theory a possible answer: Alex/Marci both decided to soft bus at Corwin at the same time because he really wasn't contributing anything. It still doesn't feel like a strong answer though.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”