They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:10 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 204, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 201, Radical Rat wrote:
In post 197, Roden wrote:I'm not impressed with Rat's posts so far. The mech talk is fine, but that's all they've done so far. They don't really have any reads or readable interactions yet.

@Rat:
Could you give us some reads soon?
Been focusing on the mech because I think it's important to get sorted, as well as being what the first vote should be, but I do indeed have reads.

I think Enchant is probably Town. I don't believe I've played with Nancy before, but Andante's posts look like Andante, and I like the Taly push.

Taly is probably a scumlean for me, looks kinda like they might be trying to buddy Galron. Definitely my preference for a Divulgence.

No one else has really done much that stands out to me
FMPOV this is SvT, Roden is scum trying to shade RR.
Eh, this kind of thing happens to me a lot, I don't think it's really AI... yet.
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:27 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

VOTE: Depart

Enchant I'll take you up on your original offer, I think I can hit scum D1 and if I'm wrong kill me tomorrow.
In post 222, Roden wrote:I asked for reads my dude, it's not shade to ask for someone to have readable content
This is a lie:
In post 197, Roden wrote:I'm not impressed with Rat's posts so far. The mech talk is fine, but that's all they've done so far.
1) The intention is clearly to make Radical Rat look bad by framing their posts as unimpressive and focused only on mech.
2) The implication continues further than asking for reads in , because Roden is emphasizing the lack of reads as if to suggest Radical Rat is
avoiding
posting reads, when in reality the discussion on possible alignments has been light or non existent from most slots.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
RH
RH
he/him
Goon
RH
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:30 pm

Post by RH »

Day 1 Count I

Divulgence
(-3) - , , ,
Departure
(-6) -
Not Voting
- Bellaphant, Enchant, Fun Times, Greeting, KittyTacky, PenguinPower, RCEnigma

Frogsterking (-6) -
Galron (-6) -
Radical Rat (-6) -
Roden (-6) -
Not Voting
- Bellaphant, Enchant, Fun Times, Greeting, KittyTacky, PenguinPower, RCEnigma, Radical Rat

Taly (-5) - ,
Enchant (-6) -
Not Voting
- Bellaphant, Enchant, Fun Times, Galron, Greeting, PenguinPower, RCEnigma, Radical Rat, Roden

Notes
  • The combined mod ISO is here.
  • With 12 remaining, it takes 7 to form a majority.
The
Day
concludes in (expired on 2022-07-26 15:56:07).

Last edited by RH on Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:47 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 226, Frogsterking wrote:VOTE: Depart

Enchant I'll take you up on your original offer, I think I can hit scum D1 and if I'm wrong kill me tomorrow.
In post 222, Roden wrote:I asked for reads my dude, it's not shade to ask for someone to have readable content
This is a lie:
In post 197, Roden wrote:I'm not impressed with Rat's posts so far. The mech talk is fine, but that's all they've done so far.
1) The intention is clearly to make Radical Rat look bad by framing their posts as unimpressive and focused only on mech.
2) The implication continues further than asking for reads in , because Roden is emphasizing the lack of reads as if to suggest Radical Rat is
avoiding
posting reads, when in reality the discussion on possible alignments has been light or non existent from most slots.
They don't really have any reads or readable interactions yet.

@Rat:
Could you give us some reads soon?
Any particular reason you cut out the part of my post that shows that isn't a lie?

If your argument is that trying to form readable content is scummy then I'm gonna need you to explain this thought process.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:49 pm

Post by Roden »

Spoiler: Fixed the bold tag
In post 228, Roden wrote:
In post 226, Frogsterking wrote:VOTE: Depart

This is a lie:
avoiding
They don't really have any reads or readable interactions yet.

@Rat: Could you give us some reads soon?
Any particular reason you cut out the part of my post that shows that isn't a lie?

If your argument is that trying to form readable content is scummy then I'm gonna need you to explain this thought process.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:13 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

The entire point of is that is a lie through concealment: you're claiming that all you did was ask for reads, and I explained how you did much more than ask for reads because you shaded Radical Rat a lot in the process. You're lying by claiming you did NOTHING MORE in than ask for reads, and I showed in the things you DID DO that weren't asking for reads. is simply a superficial post which intentionally or unintentionally misrepresents what I was trying to convey in .
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:33 pm

Post by Roden »

My dude

You literally cut pieces of my post that prove you wrong, and you've done nothing to explain how what I said was scummy without intentionally omitting the parts of my post that make your argument moot

You're also just putting words in my mouth by claiming I said that "all I did was ask for reads", the post you're linking as "evidence" shows me asking for readable content as well

The original post you cut lines from also mentioned that I wanted readable content
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:34 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 230, Frogsterking wrote:You're lying by claiming you did NOTHING MORE in than ask for reads, and I showed in the things you DID DO that weren't asking for reads. is simply a superficial post which intentionally or unintentionally misrepresents what I was trying to convey in .
This should say: In Roden claims that in
all they did was ask for reads... etc.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:35 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

Is just total scum spew, if I had dayvig I would use it now.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:41 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 233, Frogsterking wrote: Is just total scum spew, if I had dayvig I would use it now.
I'm down to hammer Roden as the player to be departed/divulged so we can focus the discussion on who gets the Bonus Power.

If it makes anyone feel better about my Roden read I DO NOT want the PR vote and I'm fine being departed tomorrow if my read on Roden is wrong.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:46 pm

Post by Roden »

Can somebody else post so I don't feel like I'm going crazy
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:54 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 73, Taly wrote:
In post 71, Radical Rat wrote:With Divulgence we never have to worry about a mislim, and we have more time to proliferate PRs. However, it does put scum 100% in control of deaths, assuming no PR interference, and in the event we mistakenly give scum a PR and they role Vengeful or Vig or PGO or something... That could be very problematic.

I do think having safety in eliminations and more PRs overall is worth that risk though.

VOTE: Divulgence
You won't be mistakenly giving scum a PR if you heal me :D
Okay.

VOTE: Taly

Hope I did this right!
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:01 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 236, Greeting wrote:
In post 73, Taly wrote:
In post 71, Radical Rat wrote:With Divulgence we never have to worry about a mislim, and we have more time to proliferate PRs. However, it does put scum 100% in control of deaths, assuming no PR interference, and in the event we mistakenly give scum a PR and they role Vengeful or Vig or PGO or something... That could be very problematic.

I do think having safety in eliminations and more PRs overall is worth that risk though.

VOTE: Divulgence
You won't be mistakenly giving scum a PR if you heal me :D
Okay.

VOTE: Taly

Hope I did this right!
Greeting, are you going to change your vote after you've finished catching up or should I assume you scumlean Taly like some of the other players do?
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:07 pm

Post by Greeting »

Frogsterking wrote: Greeting, are you going to change your vote after you've finished catching up or should I assume you scumlean Taly like some of the other players do?
That was a joke vote, plus I didn't really clarify what I wanted in it. :lol:

UNVOTE: Taly, not that it did anything.

Now, jokes aside. I've read the rules quite carefully and we can
either
Divulge or Depart. In addition, we can nominate someone for a PR. So we get two options, but not chosen out of three. Nowhere in the rules does it say that you cannot nominate yourself to get a PR. So I'm nominating myself, because why the hell not.

HEAL: Greeting for Role
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:09 pm

Post by Enchant »

In post 235, Roden wrote:Can somebody else post so I don't feel like I'm going crazy
You are not in your mind.
As well as me.

Otherwise, we would't be here.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:13 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

You guys exist?
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:14 pm

Post by Greeting »

As for what should we do. I was thinking about Divulge and then keep/Depart depending on the player's alignment.

However, while reading the thread it occurred to me that since we can only go after one of the options Divulge/Depart, we could end up in a situation where we keep Divulging and uncovering townies and never hit a scum. This in itself wouldn't be so bad, if it wasn't for the fact that an uncovered townie is a prime target to be killed off by the mafia the following night. Which, in result, makes this option useless unless we manage to uncover a scum.

So, I say we pick Depart to our best possible abilities today, and only use Divulge if there is no other possibility of townclearing a certain slot.

NOMINATE: Depart
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:14 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

Umm I’ve only read 3 pages non-consecutively. Bella and greeting town, confident on Bella, not on greeting so much.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:16 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 241, Greeting wrote:As for what should we do. I was thinking about Divulge and then keep/Depart depending on the player's alignment.

However, while reading the thread it occurred to me that since we can only go after one of the options Divulge/Depart, we could end up in a situation where we keep Divulging and uncovering townies and never hit a scum. This in itself wouldn't be so bad, if it wasn't for the fact that an uncovered townie is a prime target to be killed off by the mafia the following night. Which, in result, makes this option useless unless we manage to uncover a scum.

So, I say we pick Depart to our best possible abilities today, and only use Divulge if there is no other possibility of townclearing a certain slot.

You divulge separate from the player you give pr to. The burden of choice is on scum to leave pr or conf town. Then rinse and repeat.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:17 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

The issue with that is we could possibly be granting scum with a pr.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:17 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

Although that risk exists with either option so idk why I brought it up even.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:32 pm

Post by Enchant »

In post 241, Greeting wrote:As for what should we do. I was thinking about Divulge and then keep/Depart depending on the player's alignment.

I noticed this post and my last braincell ceased to exist.

"Eeeeeeeee we will only reveal townies eeeeeew let's kill them instead"

Fuck, literally what way you thinking.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:44 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 246, Enchant wrote:

I noticed this post and my last braincell ceased to exist.

"Eeeeeeeee we will only reveal townies eeeeeew let's kill them instead"

Fuck, literally what way you thinking.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:48 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 15, Roden wrote:I kinda agree that Departure is more optimal, it makes sense for scum to just kill the conftowns each night if we only ever Divulge. Otherwise if we do reveal scum with a Divulge, we have to use a second Day phase to actually eliminate them, while they get two night phases to kill off townies. We actually have to play a lot more perfectly for Divulge to give us better results than just sticking with Departure.
Roden
nailed it, pretty much.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:53 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

I mean…he didn’t.

Return to “Completed Open Games”