Mini Normal 2277 - Frog Images (Game Over)

redcardinal
redcardinal
she/her
Goon
redcardinal
she/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:09 pm

Post by redcardinal »

kittytacky is the kind of maf you wanna vote out last because his attempts to turn around on townreading the whole town are going to be hilarious
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:13 pm

Post by Crescent »

Three people voted for Elsa... Two who voted For "Elsa Jay", and the third person who just voted for "Elsa"... And I made absolutely no mental log that the three votes were actually on the same person and was going after two on them while completely ignoring the third existed. Like I was specifically making posts that only *two* people had voted and completely ignored the actually scummiest person who did it. All I can do is laugh at myself in hindsight really.

Of course I saw it. I just didn't remember it, nor did I look far enough back in the ISO to see it because I focused on 220 instead. Being introspective for a moment, this game is honestly kind of a blur for me already as it's getting the scraps of my mental energy that I can actually spare for it. I just had more of it because I was off work today.

In a vacuum I'm ok with it though, as I've said at some point in every game when pushed to self-meta that my day 1 play is not affected by my alignment and is representative of my real-life influences... And ultimately this will be the game that proves that. I don't have it and I know I don't have it, though I do stand by my process of thinking Galron is more likely than not to be scum because of his burst-spew, but also not particularly trusting the train on him.

It still bothers me how many people seem to consider him virtual lockscum already when I don't think that argument is there. Last time I saw a day that felt like this, town voted off it's cop less than an hour after the day started in a 48/24 game. I was the host of that game.
redcardinal
redcardinal
she/her
Goon
redcardinal
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:17 pm

Post by redcardinal »

can I ask, what about his burst spew felt town to you? iirc he gave out a bunch of half-hearted townreads and then agreed that his play looked scummy and that he understands why he'd be voted for it, which is something I scumread like hell
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:20 pm

Post by Crescent »

When on Earth did I ever say it looked like town to me?

In post 306, Crescent wrote:Yep, it is. Galron has made a habit of fluffing up his post count by making several consecutive short posts at a time that don't really say much, which is inherently a scum minded action in order to appear more contributory. I do think there's a decent chance he's scum here, but I also think the semi-inactives who are voting him with effectively 0 content need to do more.

In post 350, Crescent wrote:The issue I have with Galron is to some extent it seems measured. He consistently bursts out strings of very short posts that don't say very much, and it's a pretty classic way of beefing up one's overall post count to look active, without actually providing a lot of content. So much of his ISO is just surface level stuff that doesn't really dig into anything. This is primarily why I think he's more likely to be scum than not. I feel like he's just saying things more than he's actually trying to solve anything.
redcardinal
redcardinal
she/her
Goon
redcardinal
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:23 pm

Post by redcardinal »

the problem I have with you crescent is that I pretty much agree with all your suspicions, but when you put all the pins up together they all look like they're trying desperately to point away from galron while you even admit that you also scumread him
redcardinal
redcardinal
she/her
Goon
redcardinal
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:25 pm

Post by redcardinal »

I don't see the why, why would your questions be pointed specifically like this? and it might be a difference in style or something, idk- as I mentioned I like throwing my vote all over the place, and according to the games you've played your play so far looks legit, you don't tend to vote a lot, etc- but surely you must have some convictions
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:26 pm

Post by Crescent »

When 3 of the 4 lowest posters in the game are on the train, and 2 of them are inactive, I'm going to scrutinize that train 100% of the time. Whether I scumread the player independently or not is ultimately secondary. Even if Galron is scum here, there's a good possibility that one of the voters on him is scum. Pressing on these voters is something that should be done
before[/i[ a flip.
redcardinal
redcardinal
she/her
Goon
redcardinal
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:28 pm

Post by redcardinal »

oh wait fuck I did the thing I read "more likely than not to be scum" as "more likely to not be scum"
redcardinal
redcardinal
she/her
Goon
redcardinal
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:30 pm

Post by redcardinal »

In post 381, Crescent wrote:When 3 of the 4 lowest posters in the game are on the train, and 2 of them are inactive, I'm going to scrutinize that train 100% of the time. Whether I scumread the player independently or not is ultimately secondary. Even if Galron is scum here, there's a good possibility that one of the voters on him is scum. Pressing on these voters is something that should be done
before[/i[ a flip.
yeah that makes sense, all stuff I'm down for. last question before I go to bed bc I obviously need it, who would you wanna see flip the most today?
redcardinal
redcardinal
she/her
Goon
redcardinal
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:32 pm

Post by redcardinal »

In post 382, redcardinal wrote:oh wait fuck I did the thing I read "more likely than not to be scum" as "more likely to not be scum"
we can call it evens now right haha
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:42 pm

Post by Crescent »

In post 380, redcardinal wrote:I don't see the why, why would your questions be pointed specifically like this? and it might be a difference in style or something, idk- as I mentioned I like throwing my vote all over the place, and according to the games you've played your play so far looks legit, you don't tend to vote a lot, etc- but surely you must have some convictions
I'm a pot stirrer, and my primary drive is to gather data because that is how I function. I think these votes need to be pressured sooner rather than later because it gives us the most accurate data, and doing it day 2 after a flip and 48+ hours to think dilutes the results. I'm used to doing this in games where day 1 is usually 1,500+ posts in 48 hours, but those games tend to blow me out in one shot and then I need like, weeks to recover from them.

Speaking of inactives, Eater just hit the 48 hour mark and should be prodded.

But also one of the biggest reasons I barely vote is most people are so vote happy that I find my general lack of voting helps add balance to the game. I don't believe I need to place a vote to pressure someone, and I will dog people who dodge my questions. I don't care about conventional meta and basically all conventional tells are NAI for me. Making a truly egregious error in a game is actually a major town tell for me.

Like there was a game based on Mass Effect once... And a player had the character "Jack". He had no idea the character was female, and he claimed his character as a guy. He was instantly locktowned by the entire game for it. I'd be the same if I did something like that.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:44 pm

Post by Crescent »

In post 383, redcardinal wrote:
In post 381, Crescent wrote:When 3 of the 4 lowest posters in the game are on the train, and 2 of them are inactive, I'm going to scrutinize that train 100% of the time. Whether I scumread the player independently or not is ultimately secondary. Even if Galron is scum here, there's a good possibility that one of the voters on him is scum. Pressing on these voters is something that should be done
before[/i[ a flip.
yeah that makes sense, all stuff I'm down for. last question before I go to bed bc I obviously need it, who would you wanna see flip the most today?
Galron has yet to give me any reason to believe he is town, though I don't feel the level of confidence there I would like.

Like... KT and Mala both giving random unexplained townreads was sure a thing just now.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:52 pm

Post by Crescent »

Also the primary reason I've kept myself up this long is finally settled so Imma get to bed too.

Wonder if I'll wake up to some.. Actual explanations from either of those two.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:00 pm

Post by Galron »

It's 2:00 and I shouldn't be up. Anyway I'm puzzled that anyone thinks I'm padding numbers.. I am very much a stream of conscious poster. I have a thought I write it out and then think of something else I should have said. I have no filter in that regard. If people think I'm scum because of it then it's no wonder I get scum read as much as I do. I thought people looked at my past games? If anything I'm more cautious and more aware when I'm maf.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:01 pm

Post by Galron »

Explanations for what
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:04 pm

Post by Galron »

I mean burst spew? Really?
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:05 pm

Post by Galron »

If you're relying on post numbers that much you're doing it wrong. At least I would be.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:07 pm

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

In post 354, redcardinal wrote:
In post 144, redcardinal wrote:what are your thoughts on crescent haschel?
Very similar to yours; in fact your post 379 sums it up perfectly. The interactions between Crescent and Garlon are why I was pressing Garlon about Crescent in the first place.

Now, Crescent's post here:
I'm a pot stirrer, and my primary drive is to gather data because that is how I function. I think these votes need to be pressured sooner rather than later because it gives us the most accurate data, and doing it day 2 after a flip and 48+ hours to think dilutes the results.

[...]

But also one of the biggest reasons I barely vote is most people are so vote happy that I find my general lack of voting helps add balance to the game. I don't believe I need to place a vote to pressure someone, and I will dog people who dodge my questions.
...is exactly the sort of thing I enjoy because I play that way, so I'm certainly willing to see where Crescent is going with all this for now. But if she believes the wagon on Garlon is suspicious, then I certainly hope she increases the pressure because right now for all her talk it's not as much as I would prefer to see.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:09 pm

Post by Galron »

And before I get hit with more no scum hunting nonsense see me in the morning. I am aware that sounds scummy but I'm too tired to dump my thoughts rn.
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:41 pm

Post by Eiralox »

hmmmmm........ ok for the record i never defended Galron with cres and sean. merely stated that galron is, as hershcel so eloquently put it, a landscape of rainbows ior whatver. does what garlon has done so far seem scummy? yup. Do I, this early in the game, scumread them for it? hell no. i've seen far scummier behavior in early games from other players, so rn, this early, i'm still more than willing to give Galron some rope, even if they end up hanging themselves with it. basically the low input monicker applied to Galron here i'll apply equally to MalaKittens, KittyTacky, UltimateDetectiveKiri, myself and undoubtedly EATEROFTIME. So i'm not planning to jump onto this wagon anytime soon.

And in terms of actual reads: Hell, I still got none. I have one player who, inexplicably, feels scum to me rn, but this is 100% gut and i got no evidence so i won't expand on it rn.

Basically the whole Galron thing.... I think crescent approaches this correctly by analyzing it from the gamma then the lower-posters angle. If you put someone at -2 this early you have to be more proactive in defending why this early imo. Like i stated previously i don't mind lower posters this early, and from experience don't mind them late-game either depending on my feel on them. rn i feel i've invested way too much time on this forum since re-joining so while ill be active and ill try my best i dont think ill be as obsessive as my usual self, not for now at least.

The whole Galron thing begins after Gamma hard scumread Gal on.... page 1? And hard townread Kitty on the same page, with Kitty later voting Gal, hard scumming them iirc. anyway, i would love to see whether galron is gonna deliver on above promises, right now RE: gal im still where i was at, that im not gonna support putting someone at -1 this early. am i defending? no, i'm being prudent and stating why i won't be voting there anytime soon unless something major pings me(which so far hasn't happened, Galron seems disconnected but that can still swing either way in my mind. )
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:41 pm

Post by Ausuka »

Prodding EATEROFTIME.
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:10 pm

Post by Ausuka »

in this world we're just beginning
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:10 pm

Post by Ausuka »

to understand the miracle of living
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:11 pm

Post by Ausuka »

baby I was afraid before
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:11 pm

Post by Ausuka »

But I'm not afraid anymore

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”