Mini Normal 2277 - Frog Images (Game Over)

Seanzie
Seanzie
Goon
Seanzie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:46 am

Post by Seanzie »

In post 548, Crescent wrote:I kinda dislike Sean's only post in the last two pages being a switch to KT because it feels like a lateral move at best that lacks context. I feel like the most likely options are that Galron and KT are both scum or they're both town. It feels like a reaction for the sake of a reaction.

I almost accidentally posted that saying they're both scum or they're both scum that woulda been funny.
I doubt Galron is scum based off their claim. Backup is a tough scumclaim since it is more-or-less self-resolving. Eventually we will massclaim and if there isn't a neighbor that Galron is backing up, they're outed. If there is, they're likely telling the truth because I don't think it's likely scum would have knowledge about PTs at this point.

Why can Galron/KT not be t/s? I don't see that being such a crazy world.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2022 12:01 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Just because Galron is true claiming doesn’t make him town. That’s a naive mindset.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:03 pm

Post by T3 »

In post 483, Malakittens wrote:
In post 408, Eiralox wrote:black blu n yellow frogs r so smexy wow
Did you know they are poison

Oh wait that’s a SNAKE
Who are your scum reads?
Seanzie
Seanzie
Goon
Seanzie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:03 pm

Post by Seanzie »

In post 551, Gamma Emerald wrote:Just because Galron is true claiming doesn’t make him town. That’s a naive mindset.
Your face is a naive mindset.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:13 pm

Post by Crescent »

I think he's probably telling the truth about the power he's claiming, but the power itself only confirms it's own existence - It doesn't confirm alignment.

Like, I had a confirmable power in that last scumgame of mine I've referenced before, and it definitely helped with wrangling the sheep that were alive in the lategame. I very much let a specific someone doubt it was real at first before I used it, and they never bothered to actually think it through ever again <3
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:24 pm

Post by schadd_ »

In post 553, Seanzie wrote:
In post 551, Gamma Emerald wrote:Just because Galron is true claiming doesn’t make him town. That’s a naive mindset.
um, so do you think the role makes galron town then
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: tired person

Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:34 pm

Post by Crescent »

Oh and I don't see Kitty/Garlon being S/T based on like, pretty much everything Kitty has done. Scum rarely votes town with that kind of showmanship, and Kitty only got strongly defensive when paired as scum with Galron by multiple people, during which they accused someone of "chainsawing" or whatever and using Galron as an excuse to suspect them instead of suspecting Galron himself when it wasn't true.

If this is S/T, what is Kitty's motive in drawing so much attention to it, but doing nothing else? What is Kitty's motive in reacting to Red the way they did to Red iIf Galron is town? Why would they feel the need to be this defensive in the first place? I already personally said by this point I down think it's S/T, and that their vote is only the worst vote on Galron if Galron is scum. I feel like I'm not the only one with this mentality.

S/T doesn't make any sense to me here, and I don't feel like we're walking into some elaborate masterminded setup here, either.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:36 pm

Post by Crescent »

I changed one of those sentences midway through and good lord did I not fix that sentence what a mess.

But anyways there is a "possibility" of Kitty being town and Galron being scum, but I consider the reverse to be very unlikely.
Seanzie
Seanzie
Goon
Seanzie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:50 pm

Post by Seanzie »

In post 555, schadd_ wrote:
I think it makes Galron more likely town, yes. Granted though the way people have been acting, maybe neighbor isn't as townie as a role on this forum as what I'd expect. Either way, I still kinda think KT is a better elim right now.
Seanzie
Seanzie
Goon
Seanzie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:58 pm

Post by Seanzie »

In post 556, Crescent wrote:Oh and I don't see Kitty/Garlon being S/T based on like, pretty much everything Kitty has done. Scum rarely votes town with that kind of showmanship, and Kitty only got strongly defensive when paired as scum with Galron by multiple people, during which they accused someone of "chainsawing" or whatever and using Galron as an excuse to suspect them instead of suspecting Galron himself when it wasn't true.

If this is S/T, what is Kitty's motive in drawing so much attention to it, but doing nothing else? What is Kitty's motive in reacting to Red the way they did to Red iIf Galron is town? Why would they feel the need to be this defensive in the first place? I already personally said by this point I down think it's S/T, and that their vote is only the worst vote on Galron if Galron is scum. I feel like I'm not the only one with this mentality.

S/T doesn't make any sense to me here, and I don't feel like we're walking into some elaborate masterminded setup here, either.
I don't really agree with this post. There are plenty of ways Kitty/Galron could be s/t here. I don't agree that Kitty's vote couldn't be scum voting a townie. In a s/t world, Kitty saying Red was chainsaw defending Galron is a good way to continue pushing Galron in the situation and after a Galron townflip, Kitty has an out to back off Red, dissolving the tension there. Kitty's behavior has just been wolfy, and that is regardless of Galron's alignment. Galron's play has been more null IMO, not townie, but not directly wolfy either.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:59 pm

Post by Crescent »

In post 558, Seanzie wrote:
I think it makes Galron more likely town, yes. Granted though the way people have been acting, maybe neighbor isn't as townie as a role on this forum as what I'd expect. Either way, I still kinda think KT is a better elim right now.
I've yet to see an all-town hood in a game, though I know it theoretically can happen.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:00 pm

Post by Crescent »

In post 559, Seanzie wrote:
In post 556, Crescent wrote:Oh and I don't see Kitty/Garlon being S/T based on like, pretty much everything Kitty has done. Scum rarely votes town with that kind of showmanship, and Kitty only got strongly defensive when paired as scum with Galron by multiple people, during which they accused someone of "chainsawing" or whatever and using Galron as an excuse to suspect them instead of suspecting Galron himself when it wasn't true.

I don't really agree with this post. There are plenty of ways Kitty/Galron could be s/t here. I don't agree that Kitty's vote couldn't be scum voting a townie. In a s/t world, Kitty saying Red was chainsaw defending Galron is a good way to continue pushing Galron in the situation and after a Galron townflip, Kitty has an out to back off Red, dissolving the tension there. Kitty's behavior has just been wolfy, and that is regardless of Galron's alignment. Galron's play has been more null IMO, not townie, but not directly wolfy either.
The issue I have is I don't see Kitty having any need to have that reaction to Red in the first place in that scenario. It feels unnecessary to go in that hard.
Seanzie
Seanzie
Goon
Seanzie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:03 pm

Post by Seanzie »

In post 560, Crescent wrote:
In post 558, Seanzie wrote:
I've yet to see an all-town hood in a game, though I know it theoretically can happen.
I will take that into account since I suspect you are more familiar with MS setups than I am. On the flipside, I've never seen a mafia neighbor except in games that have neighbor-specific setups (like a "couple's retreat" game where everyone was lovered to someone else, including a few townies to scum).
Seanzie
Seanzie
Goon
Seanzie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:07 pm

Post by Seanzie »

In post 561, Crescent wrote:
In post 559, Seanzie wrote:

The issue I have is I don't see Kitty having any need to have that reaction to Red in the first place in that scenario. It feels unnecessary to go in that hard.
Kitty was starting to get heat, and they lashed out at the person giving them heat, trying to fight their way out of the heat. That is not an uncommon thing for wolves to do and does not depend on Galron's alignment IMO.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:09 pm

Post by Crescent »

The Neighbors where I'm used to are paired together like masons but not informed of each other's alignment. There is a decent chance one will be scum, but it's certainly not a given.

Neighborhoods here that I've seen so far are 4 players that share a private thread. They can have power roles aside from this (Mathblade was Gunsmith Neighbor in 2272, and Titus was Scum Neighbor), and theoretically any number of them can be scum. PT Cop can be employed in games with Neighborhoods, as said Neighborhoods can potentially give them false-positives.
Seanzie
Seanzie
Goon
Seanzie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:16 pm

Post by Seanzie »

@Galron

Is your role exactly "backup neighbor"? If not, can you give your exact role title? Also a short description of how it works?
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:25 pm

Post by Crescent »

Reading back, KT is way harsher towards Red than my memory was telling me. I remembered it as them being defensive... But it's not quite that. #438-439-448 is kinda horrid spew that accuses Red of defending Galron, and immediately slots her as scum with Galron in a pretty blatant deflection.

Buuuut he also calmed down and backed off pretty quickly after that, which does feel like an actual progression.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:26 pm

Post by T3 »

In post 487, Seanzie wrote:T3 is like night and day from the last few times I played with them, but I'm guessing it is for NAI reasons (I'm assuming they aren't multitabing like 8 games right now).
Yeah. It’s also my first game in 8 months or so.
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:30 pm

Post by schadd_ »

yes, neighbors are supposed to be not alignment indicative at all & i'd agree with crescent's impression that mods very often want to include mafia neighbors when theres neighbors involved
free darius mccollum

schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:45 pm

Post by schadd_ »

id agree with this based on the small amt of insight i got from modding games with ktack
free darius mccollum

Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:46 pm

Post by Crescent »

It's both impression and experience. Both hoods I've personally played with had scum in them.

On a side note, I feel like I'm going to crash early tonight, so I'm going to bring up one other thing that's on my mind.

Mala still needs to do this thing called "content", for the most part, but her last 4 posts give me annoyed town vibes. It gives me the impression she was actually riding some sort of high in the way she was voting for Galron early in the day, and legit just wants him dead before she does anything else.

Also it's borderline inexplicable to me why, but #517 especially just doesn't feel like a scum reaction.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:47 pm

Post by Galron »

In post 486, Malakittens wrote:
In post 25, FancyPants wrote:For reference can we get some general info from everyone like:
- Timezone
- General Experience
- Prefer playing scum or town, and why

My answers:
+2 - I'm generally very active during the "day" which for me runs from about 2 hours ago as of this post and goes for about 10-12 hours.
I'm fairly experience, and have played 10+ games on this site and play mafia IRL quite often, I haven't played in a while so I might miss a few meta terms.
Prefer playing town, in general the "figuring things out" aspect of the game appeals a lot more than the "being good at deception" part.
Town FP

Tbh I completely forgot to look back before but realized I never did when catching up.

#sorrynotsorry
I clicked on that link and couldn't figure out who lowell and kennyk were and why had they not posted. You never did what?
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:48 pm

Post by Galron »

In post 565, Seanzie wrote:@Galron

Is your role exactly "backup neighbor"? If not, can you give your exact role title? Also a short description of how it works?
Yes town backup neighbor.
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:49 pm

Post by schadd_ »

ive never seen post 25 in my whole life. maybe i saw that first line and just immediately stopped processing it and cleared the memory
free darius mccollum

Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:50 pm

Post by Galron »

You're right it's not alignment indicative. Gamma and I were in a game awhile ago where I was in a hood and gamma was a mafia backup neighbor, and actually there were two mafia backup neighbors I think -- gamma a little help? Completely suckered me.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”