Micro 1059: Micro & Normal Stuff | GAME OVER

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:39 am

Post by Coral »

In post 122, scamper wrote:
In post 97, Coral wrote:Phoenix's persistence is slightly towny, I think. As scum he would probably recognize that he isn't really getting townread for his approach and may change tactics. I do agree that he sounds a little stiff, but that may just be a personality or writing style trait.
persistence in doing what, exactly?
He's moving things forward but only along one path. If he were trying to look towny by having a lot of content, I'd expect him to be tackling different subjects and angles. His continued arguing what is basically the same point with Ausuka isn't really doing anything to make him look better on a surface level. To me it comes across as a tunneled townie.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:40 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 124, Datisi wrote:
In post 123, Coral wrote:I also changed my mind and decided Ari is town!
what changed your mind from your vote up until now?
I'm really easy to read because I'm too cute to be scum :good:
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:47 am

Post by Coral »

In post 124, Datisi wrote:
In post 123, Coral wrote:I also changed my mind and decided Ari is town!
what changed your mind from your vote up until now?
It was a very gut-based reasoning initially, and a gut-based reasoning changed my mind as well. I was looking at the playerlist and found myself thinking a lot of the people posting felt town to me, and she felt slightly off, so I voted there to see what happened.

Then, when reviewing her ISO, I was reminded of , and something about it to me just feels like a very town response for her to give. I know it's basically an RVS nothing-post, but it is what changed my mind, so that's what you get! :)
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:07 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 125, Coral wrote:
In post 97, Coral wrote:Phoenix's persistence is slightly towny, I think. As scum he would probably recognize that he isn't really getting townread for his approach and may change tactics. I do agree that he sounds a little stiff, but that may just be a personality or writing style trait.
He's moving things forward but only along one path. If he were trying to look towny by having a lot of content, I'd expect him to be tackling different subjects and angles. His continued arguing what is basically the same point with Ausuka isn't really doing anything to make him look better on a surface level. To me it comes across as a tunneled townie.
he's not really pushing ausuka though, so i don't see how he's supposed to be "tunneled".....
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:13 pm

Post by Coral »

Do you think that he hasn't been persistent in his questioning of Ausuka?
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:19 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 100, Xayah wrote:Also, what I'm saying
did
happen you can legit read the first few posts in the game for yourself. I'm not backing down from the statements I've said either, I still think it's quite a wolfy opening but I don't feel like getting into a battle of words with someone who got
huffy and upset over being called out in a game of mafia for their posting
. It's a waste of my time so I moved onto something I found more pressing. Did the anger make me weaken the scumread? Yeah, because it starts to seem a bit personality based, but I think Datisi's angle on Ausuka isn't W/W and I think it felt like a TMI sort of angle. AKA: If there's a wolf in Ausuka and Datisi's prob prob Datisi atm.

I also don't think Meg/Other anime A name are W/W don't have much stock in their statements alone though besides "vibes"
i greatly disagree with both your earlier characterizion of ausuka and this one - she made 2 very short posts that didn't say much at all and you called it "overblown", now you accuse her of being "huffy and upset" because she (rightly imo) pushed back against you for saying that, but again the scale of the response is really not at all what you're describing here...

it just feels incredibly misrep-y
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:24 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 129, Coral wrote:Do you think that he hasn't been persistent in his questioning of Ausuka?
he has 13 posts and we are less than 24 hours into day 1, i don't see how you can call anything "persistent" at this point. asking questions seems like a playstyle thing for him, and again i don't see how having expressed, at best, mild suspicion, equates to being "tunneled"
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:28 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 123, Coral wrote:I would probably be switching my vote to Don here but I think they're at E-2 already and it seems a little twisted to put them at E-1 for suggesting that we put someone else at E-1. It does feel like they're kind of all over the place and I struggle to see a consistent town mindset. That makes me think they could be intentionally trying to look like the town they describe as "playing however they want". The issue is that I don't understand the motivations behind anything they're doing, so it just feels random for the sake of chaos.

I also changed my mind and decided Ari is town! :)

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Coral
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:30 pm

Post by Coral »

I'd wagon Xayah. The misreps I go back and forth on, it seems like something that will easily get called out. But and felt weird to me. There's a very strange level of hedge in the way she expresses her read in those posts and it feels awkward.

VOTE: Xayah
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:32 pm

Post by Coral »

In post 131, scamper wrote:
In post 129, Coral wrote:Do you think that he hasn't been persistent in his questioning of Ausuka?
he has 13 posts and we are less than 24 hours into day 1, i don't see how you can call anything "persistent" at this point. asking questions seems like a playstyle thing for him, and again i don't see how having expressed, at best, mild suspicion, equates to being "tunneled"
My word choice probably wasn't the best then, so fair enough. I stand by the sentiment, though. Continually questioning Ausuka feels like he has tunnel-vision, even if it's not the traditional use of the word "tunneled".
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:33 pm

Post by Aristeia »

I think I might still be pocketed by Coral's sundress it's so pretty
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:36 pm

Post by Coral »

scamper must be immune because the cuteness of his avatar overrules mine
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:44 pm

Post by Aristeia »

scamper is precious
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:46 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

In post 135, Aristeia wrote:I think I might still be pocketed by Coral's sundress it's so pretty
Oh no not the sundresses again
Imprefection is the spice of life.
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: No pref

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:11 pm

Post by Donempire »

I agree with a coral vote.

Putting me on L-1 isnt cruel, it is what i want. I didnt exempt myself from my tactic, so why not act according to it? Also, you are suspicious of me, you're also saying you're unsure and you're not doing the one thing that can put pressure on me. How is it supposed to help you determine my alignment if you keep guessing in the dark?

As for my playstyle, this is non alignment indicative for me. We're still in rvs, BUT if i was put on L-1, that would have been helpfull for us.. that said, i dont mind a coral wagon.
VOTE: Coral
Age of Empires Elo: 1500 something in DE, 1800 in HD
Formerly Dongempire
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: No pref

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:16 pm

Post by Donempire »

This post is important
In post 123, Coral wrote:I would probably be switching my vote to Don here but I think they're at E-2 already and it seems a little twisted to put them at E-1 for suggesting that we put someone else at E-1. It does feel like they're kind of all over the place and I struggle to see a consistent town mindset. That makes me think they could be intentionally trying to look like the town they describe as "playing however they want". The issue is that I don't understand the motivations behind anything they're doing, so it just feels random for the sake of chaos.
Here is an attempt to soft buddy me. Coral knows i am under fire, and by saying they wont vote for me theres an attempt here. Of course by saying they're still suspicious of me there is no concrete stance taken here. What they are doing is to signal to me "everyone suspects you, but i can be open minded". And as scum, they know i'm town, and would want to leave a positive impression on me without going too hard on buddying.
Age of Empires Elo: 1500 something in DE, 1800 in HD
Formerly Dongempire
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:27 pm

Post by Coral »

I didn't think it was cruel, I thought the logic behind the concept of it was funny in a dark irony sort of way. I don't agree with your tactic and therefore I don't think it should be applied to you either despite my suspicion. My point was that the pressure on you was already sufficient without my vote.

I don't see where you get that I was trying to appear open-minded. I recognize that my phrasing in that post was a little awkward, since I had kind of a bunch of thoughts that I didn't really take the time to string together in a cohesive way, but I think that all of the thoughts I expressed land squarely on the side of "suspicious of Dom".

What about that post do you view as buddying?
Xayah
Xayah
Goon
Xayah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:33 pm

Post by Xayah »

VOTE: Meg
"Nice world. It would be a shame if something bad happened to it."

Gameplay account of MariaR
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:39 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 140, Donempire wrote:This post is important
Here is an attempt to soft buddy me. Coral knows i am under fire, and by saying they wont vote for me theres an attempt here. Of course by saying they're still suspicious of me there is no concrete stance taken here. What they are doing is to signal to me "everyone suspects you, but i can be open minded". And as scum, they know i'm town, and would want to leave a positive impression on me without going too hard on buddying.
i'm not sure this is what she was going for but i did also feel like the wording there wwas off, and I get this overwhelming sense of *fakeness* from her posts. The read on phoenix felt like it was working backwards from a conclusion.
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:50 pm

Post by Coral »

That's because it kind of was! I felt a town vibe first and then tried to figure out where it was coming from after. I'm not terribly convinced it was a great reason, but it was fun to explore! :)

As town my mind is often a jumble of mixed-up thoughts and feelings. As scum I take care to express my thoughts clearly, which is easy to do because they're fake, and have clean and planned-out progressions. I wouldn't ever have reason to express a thought that I wasn't already confident I could state in a cohesive way and back up later, unless maybe put on the spot by pressure and I need to come up with a read on a partner. I think that's one of my weaknesses.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:24 pm

Post by Aristeia »

coral maybe town

i am a sucker for self meta
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:28 pm

Post by Ausuka »

In post 125, Coral wrote:
I understand where you're coming from but not sure I agree - I think Phoenix hasn't played the game in a while and as a result it's possible that he wouldn't manufacture content in the best way to be townread? Like, I think he could just be scum making a mistake, and I find it harder to read town motivation into his posting. I'm not sure what he could be tunneled about in this stage of the game.
Reach for my hand, I'll soar away into the dawn
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:31 pm

Post by Ausuka »

In post 130, scamper wrote:
In post 100, Xayah wrote:Also, what I'm saying
did
happen you can legit read the first few posts in the game for yourself. I'm not backing down from the statements I've said either, I still think it's quite a wolfy opening but I don't feel like getting into a battle of words with someone who got
huffy and upset over being called out in a game of mafia for their posting
. It's a waste of my time so I moved onto something I found more pressing. Did the anger make me weaken the scumread? Yeah, because it starts to seem a bit personality based, but I think Datisi's angle on Ausuka isn't W/W and I think it felt like a TMI sort of angle. AKA: If there's a wolf in Ausuka and Datisi's prob prob Datisi atm.

I also don't think Meg/Other anime A name are W/W don't have much stock in their statements alone though besides "vibes"
i greatly disagree with both your earlier characterizion of ausuka and this one - she made 2 very short posts that didn't say much at all and you called it "overblown", now you accuse her of being "huffy and upset" because she (rightly imo) pushed back against you for saying that, but again the scale of the response is really not at all what you're describing here...

it just feels incredibly misrep-y
I agree with this but not sure how to read it? I feel like there's not much point in specifically trying to misrep me like that as mafia when it's so obviously wrong so like it's probably NAI and she genuinely believes it?
Reach for my hand, I'll soar away into the dawn
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:29 pm

Post by Irrelephant11 »

*slow lumbering stomp*
Hey all! Excited and nervous to play my first game with you!
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:30 pm

Post by Irrelephant11 »

*slow lumbering stomp*
Hey all! Excited and nervous to play my first game with you!

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”