Open 862: Diffusion of Power (Game Over)

Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:29 pm

Post by Enchant »

So who we lim
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:32 pm

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

How about voting Alianna?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:41 pm

Post by Enchant »

no
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:46 pm

Alright, you do you.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:50 pm

Hey there, Norwegian.

I am going to need your vote on the Alianna wagon my friend. How about it?
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:50 pm

Post by Somnus »

In post 324, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I want you to be town, but like… it’s like you feel 2 townie 2 b town.
How do you think people should read you? Do you think you behave an certain way as scum?
Are you normally this skeptical of people you're hard town-reading? I see "too scummy to be scum" thrown around on this site way too much, but I don't think I've ever heard of "too townie to be town".
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:55 pm

Somnus, any thoughts on Alianna?
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:02 pm

Post by Ausuka »

In post 323, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Ausuka are you always this smooth talking.
In post 324, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I want you to be town, but like… it’s like you feel 2 townie 2 b town.
How do you think people should read you? Do you think you behave an certain way as scum?
idk I haven't been a wolf in 3 years
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:02 pm

Post by Somnus »

Agree that her ISO doesn't look great. I have some conflicting thoughts on this and want to see how it plays out. Not really concerned if this puts me under the radar or if some of these thoughts are admittedly bad, but here's where I'm at with her:

1.) I'm really careful about scum-reading someone just for making some jokey posts in the early phases of a game. I actually enjoy when people are light-hearted in games to make it not such a serious slog 24/7. That's why even though Not_Mafia is kind of a pain in the ass to get serious thoughts out of, I enjoy having people like him in the game.

2.) It's no secret that Alianna is one of my favorite people on the site. We've played a couple games together and spectated a couple of games together. I'm only in this game because she dragged me into it. I wasn't super into this setup and thought it looked insanely town-sided (although, according to the wiki, mafia is actually ahead of town in this setup, although it was last edited in 2018). This is an objectively terrible reason, admittedly, but I'm going to feel really really bad if less than 24 hours into this game, I bandwagon her off and she flips town. I'm not saying I'm unwilling to vote there today, but I'm not willing to pile on and get her speed-voted out of this game right away. I want to see how things play out with her now that she has a wagon forming on her first. If this makes me look bad, so be it. I'm not concerned with how I look.

3.) Even though I'm quite familiar with her play, she's never rolled scum on this site. All of her games have been town. When we've played together, I've never had to legit read her, because both times, I was scum and she was town. So yes, I'm going to be a little patient here in trying to determine her alignment. I'm not dodging the situation. I'm approaching it carefully for the time being.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:09 pm

Post by Somnus »

Hilariously, the two slots I don't see myself voting today so far are the two that have been deemed "low-hanging fruit". I think Enchant is town and for reasons that I'd rather not point out yet that may also be terrible, I think Not_Mafia is town (I'm not opposed to a cop check here at some point though).
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:09 pm

Post by Enchant »

In post 330, Somnus wrote:
Are you normally this skeptical of people you're hard town-reading? I see "too scummy to be scum" thrown around on this site way too much, but I don't think I've ever heard of "too townie to be town".
Because this statement will get you punched in the face.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:10 pm

Post by Ausuka »

In post 67, Somnus wrote:I'm going to put my neck out on the line already and say this wagon is a bad idea.
In post 333, Somnus wrote:Agree that her ISO doesn't look great. I have some conflicting thoughts on this and want to see how it plays out. Not really concerned if this puts me under the radar or if some of these thoughts are admittedly bad, but here's where I'm at with her:
Somnus is there a reason you've made posts like this twice now? It's like you're trying to stress that you don't care how people read you.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:11 pm

Post by Somnus »

Not particularly, no.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:12 pm

Post by Ausuka »

Fwiw I agree enchant feels towny enough here, from what I know of him his meta is that he's present and gives some thought as town (although he's still mostly jokey) but as scum he just does like, absolutely nothing

Not to get told off for using meta or anything :shifty: I'd probably be townleaning him anyway

Pedit: Ok, could you give some sort of explanation for why you're saying those things?
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:14 pm

Post by Somnus »

There isn't a deep reason. I pointed it out because I'm aware that they're both probably unpopular takes, and a lot of people scum-hunt under what I deem to be a faulty approach of, "This player agrees with me, therefore they are town."
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:18 pm

Post by Ausuka »

Ok, I believe that plays into your motivation but the emphasis on how willing you are to look bad feels scummy to me
In post 217, Bellaphant wrote:@bbt I don't think I am? Most of the noise is coming from the you v ausaka thing and I'm not great at reading 1v1s: I have soul read ausake quite quickly in our last two games when both town, so I'm kinda waiting on that. You, I never want to sort day one.

More noise from enchant and nm - enchant is hard to meta,they don't feel like they did in cultists here tho. Nm I can usually read but this schtick is new.

I think sonmus is town and I'm protective of frogs, having just read then wrong in y'all's game with klick.

I think Ali I'd scum for two different reasons, one weak one better.
Why is Somnus town, and I'd like to hear an explanation for the Ali read please (I tried isoing you and couldn't find it, sorry if I missed it)
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:31 pm

Post by Somnus »

NorwegianboyEE wrote:Oh it's not the end of the world.

(Idk why, but i almost always feel tranquil and relaxed when i'm scum. It's like nothing get's to me. Big advice if you ever want to catch scum!me.)

NorwegianboyEE wrote:It's like a great friend of me once said, it's not about what scum!Norwee does. It's about what he doesn't do.
I read Open 833 (Twin Trap) about a month ago. I'm going here for the time being and would like to see some thoughts on this player (who was correct in that I have a likeable face!).

VOTE: NorwegianboyEE
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:32 pm

Post by Somnus »

And Penguin, besides noting that Not_Mafia is playing a very different style than I think we were all expecting, where are you at with regards to some of the other players in the game?
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:34 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 330, Somnus wrote:
Yes, i don’t want to be fooled by wrongly townreading. That’s the worst feeling.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:36 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 341, Somnus wrote:
NorwegianboyEE wrote:Oh it's not the end of the world.

(Idk why, but i almost always feel tranquil and relaxed when i'm scum. It's like nothing get's to me. Big advice if you ever want to catch scum!me.)

NorwegianboyEE wrote:It's like a great friend of me once said, it's not about what scum!Norwee does. It's about what he doesn't do.
I read Open 833 (Twin Trap) about a month ago. I'm going here for the time being and would like to see some thoughts on this player (who was correct in that I have a likeable face!).

VOTE: NorwegianboyEE
Ohh i like that you read an previous game to get an better read on me.
Somnus likely town.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:39 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 329, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Hey there, Norwegian.

I am going to need your vote on the Alianna wagon my friend. How about it?
Ok
VOTE: Alianna

- Bunno
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:44 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

@ausaka, I liked somnus' early game the most out of everyone, almost every post looked solvey. I don't love the recent 'look at me sticking my neck out ' but *shrug*. Again, it's a day one read - somnus has a pretty good scum game.

With alianna, it's a bunch of stuff: I don't like her interactions with you and bbt, the awkward fourth vote post, quite a few awkward posts in general. I don't see drive/forward progression.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:45 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 335, Enchant wrote: Because this statement will get you punched in the face.
Being metaphorically punched in the face for my outrageous statements is definitely familiar.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:46 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 332, Ausuka wrote:
In post 323, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Ausuka are you always this smooth talking.
idk I haven't been a wolf in 3 years
What is your towngame like then, (in your own stated opinion)

- Bunno
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:51 pm

Post by Ausuka »

In post 281, Bellaphant wrote:@bbt, i know? You and ausaka were the main event , but I don't have much response to it. If anything, you and auska both now seeming to lightly sr aliana but not talk about this shared read makes me think it's just a breakdown of communication
I agree with this but feel like the breakdown of communication is fairly likely to be intentional on BBT's part. In response to my question, he votes me and immediately justifies it by just saying I have "bad posts." That approach is never going to generate anything approaching real communication. I also think he maintains this approach throughout the later pages, saying I'm scum for not asking another question after he ignored my first one and ignoring my explanations in favour of just repeating his point. The motive for scum BBT to do this is to cause a 1v1 conflict which I think quite a lot of people assume are probably TvT, especially combined with BBT's aggressive playstyle. It makes him look like he's generating content even though I don't think his approach shows much genuine sorting.

BBT why did you stop pushing me? Nothing you said before that point showed much doubt in your read

Return to “Completed Open Games”