Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1250 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:17 am

Post by furtiveglance »

It seems like most of us have made our minds up one way or another.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1251 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:17 am

Post by furtiveglance »

Time to lock it in, I want to see the flips and go again.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1252 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:17 am

Post by furtiveglance »

Dann mafia btw, I don't think the current gamestate or votes points to kuti mafia.
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1253 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:28 am

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 1250, furtiveglance wrote:It seems like most of us have made our minds up one way or another.
But what I said makes sense, doesn’t it?

The whole wifom case on Dann is that Kuti if scum is likely the weakest member of the scumteam and I’m arguing that if my reads are correct, that isn’t necessarily the case.

Do you think Dann loses against any of Vulture/RR/Roden because I really don’t but scum!Dann could actually lose to town!Kuti because he was a total null read for me.

I can tell you that I would not be voting Dann against any of those three, so my theory is Kuti if scum, was not in fact scum’s weakest member but actually their strongest.

The wifom argument literally hinges on Kuti if scum being the weakest slot and I don’t think that’s the case. I wouldn’t have likely been interested in yeeting either of them d2 and certainly none of those three > Dann in any d2 test.
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1254 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:29 am

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 1252, furtiveglance wrote:Dann mafia btw, I don't think the current gamestate or votes points to kuti mafia.
Explain? Who is your PoE and why is my argument not good?
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1255 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:34 am

Post by Loki Dokie »

Eta to :

I mean I very much doubt I would be voting to yeet Dann > any of Vulture/RR/Roden in any d2 test but would probably be wifomming that even harder if possible.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1256 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:35 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 1254, Loki Dokie wrote:
In post 1252, furtiveglance wrote:Dann mafia btw, I don't think the current gamestate or votes points to kuti mafia.
What's your argument? That Dannflor beats some other players? How can you even predict that, I think there would be some heated debates either way.

My POE is basically you/GL/Ari as town with primary suspicion on Bell and RR I guess.
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1257 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:35 am

Post by Loki Dokie »

Profuse apologies to Kuti for accidentally misgendering THEM.
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1258 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:41 am

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 1256, furtiveglance wrote:
What's your argument? That Dannflor beats some other players? How can you even predict that, I think there would be some heated debates either way.

My POE is basically you/GL/Ari as town with primary suspicion on Bell and RR I guess.
I agree with your town core. I also think you’re town and probably fire as well. And regardless of Dann’s alignment, Vivax looks like town from his “disgusting” comment. So my argument is, assuming Kuti is scum here, who amongst your srs would be the most likely to beat town!Dann?
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1259 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:42 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 1258, Loki Dokie wrote:

I agree with your town core. I also think you’re town and probably fire as well. And regardless of Dann’s alignment, Vivax looks like town from his “disgusting” comment. So my argument is, assuming Kuti is scum here, who amongst your srs would be the most likely to beat town!Dann?
Maybe someone like Vivax because they have that weird associative. What are you getting at?
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #1260 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:00 am

Post by Vivax »

In bad shape today.
My shoulder is killing me, if I could pin something responsible, I'd wish it'd go up in flames.
In post 69, Dannflor wrote:
In post 60, kutiplz wrote:Furtive glance and anyone else,

Want to share your old games so I can get a feel of how you play as either alignments

:curtain:
I don't really like this

kutiplz have you gotten any value out of reading cold meta in the past?
Worth pointing out that kuti's post directed a question at FG specifically, and Dann didn't like the post
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1261 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:03 am

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 1260, Vivax wrote:In bad shape today.
My shoulder is killing me, if I could pin something responsible, I'd wish it'd go up in flames.

Want to share your old games so I can get a feel of how you play as either alignments

I don't really like this

Worth pointing out that kuti's post directed a question at FG specifically, and Dann didn't like the post
I don’t really see why furtive being named specifically has much to do with it?
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1262 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:08 am

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 1259, furtiveglance wrote:

Maybe someone like Vivax because they have that weird associative. What are you getting at?
I think it’s pretty clear isn’t it? I don’t think any of Vulture, RR, Roden likely be Dann in a d2 test - obviously assuming I have the correct PoE here and Dann is town of course.

My argument is that if my PoE is correct, then it likely points to Dann!town/Kuti!scum because I don’t think any of those 3 beat Dann here.

Do you disagree?
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #1263 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:09 am

Post by Vivax »

In post 1261, Loki Dokie wrote:
In post 1260, Vivax wrote:In bad shape today.

I don't really like this

I don’t really see why furtive being named specifically has much to do with it?
Samesies, which is why this post will be important once we know the alignments
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1264 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:10 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 1262, Loki Dokie wrote:
In post 1259, furtiveglance wrote:

I think it’s pretty clear isn’t it? I don’t think any of Vulture, RR, Roden likely be Dann in a d2 test - obviously assuming I have the correct PoE here and Dann is town of course.

My argument is that if my PoE is correct, then it likely points to Dann!town/Kuti!scum because I don’t think any of those 3 beat Dann here.

Do you disagree?
I disagree yeah, Idk who I'd vote in Dann/Vulture or RR or Roden if we hadn't got this test, it's hard to imagine. I'm just looking at kuti's ISO and it looks pretty innocent.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1265 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:19 am

Post by Aristeia »

the way I think about the scum team win condition is;

they all have to get through the gauntlet
eventually

like regardless of what the scum team is - the way they win the game is to get the town to flip the other person - which more or less means the scum players have to each pass through the gauntlet unless they win early, and it means the scum team necessarily must be revealed over time - similar to perpetual mylo except the scum have some extra agency in terms of getting to pick the gladiate.

The best way for the scum to do this is to set up associative pushes that look good on D1 so that as they are flipped, one flip begets another.

Like let's say someone like Bell who is pretty bad at scum[no offense Bell] is on the scum team.

The scum team would necessarily see Bell as somewhat of a liability, he basically is unable to replicate his town!meta when he's scum, he's just kind of a sitting duck.

So the best way to cash that liability into something good for the scum team is to push him D1, cash him in for towncred early - Bell even had the early vote on Kitty to establish distancing that way so that if Bell goes down Kitty gets somewhat reflected Towncred.

It feels like the whole bus Bell for Cred plan didn't work out for Dann because Bell wasn't as obvscum as people required for him to actually go down and eventually kitty became more or less inevitable.

Once Kitty went down and scored a point for town, the calculus regarding Bell kind of changes - it's not really viable to bus him at that point because going down 2-0 is basically a death sentence, so the scum have to get him through the gauntlet
somehow

There's two ways Bell/Dann!scum can go as a team.

Bell first and then Dann

or Dann first and then Bell.

It feels incredibly hard for Bell -> Dann to work out for the scum because it would look very strange for Dann to suddenly flip his read of Bell on a dime, can he get away with readflipping, getting Bell home and then escape intact himself? I think that's very tricky for him to do. Remember he has to be able to navigate that readflip without anything from Bell
and
survive with enough towncred to get himself out safely.

Otherwise he's stuck double-bussing and playing from 0-2 down which is kind of difficult even against a town that's flipping coins atp.

Dann flipping first however would generate towncred for Bell because it creates distance since Dann was trying to yeet Bell on D1. It's a much cleaner transition for the scum team and I think it just makes sense strategically as a play than the other way around.

Now in the Town!Dann Scum!Bell world; you'd have Bell deciding to hardbus Kitty d1, and then hardbus Kuti d2 and it feels super ~throwy~ ? like the play is so bad for scum I just can't see scum Bell deciding to play that way.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1266 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:20 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

hmm hmm hmm

sleeping on it and seeing fire's latest posts has lowered my confidence in voting Dann

however I still have a hangup in that let's say kuti is maf and Dann is town and scum wanted us to WIFOM ourselves into voting Dann

who is actually scum pushing us towards that, if anyone? it kinda feels like Bell/Rat are just sitting back and not really advocating for anything, so I could see them as kuti partners in a town!Dann world. Maybe one Vulture/Roden being the remaining scum? but Roden's D2 is a fairly audacious move if kuti is actually maf, especially if the plan is to actually sacrifice kuti and go down 2-0. It's a bit odd that Roden has decreased in presence as the day has gone on, kinda maybe feels like S-S with kuti where Roden wants to look good off their flip while not actually doing a
ton
to make it really happen

p-edit haven't read that post yet
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1267 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:23 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1265, Aristeia wrote:hardbus Kuti d2
oops somehow I missed that Bell was voting kuti, I thought it was Vivax and Roden, not Vivax and Bell
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1268 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:24 am

Post by Loki Dokie »

The problem that I see Ari, is your theory for Dann!scum is hinging on Bell!scum but what if Bell is town here, how does that impact your theory?
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1269 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:27 am

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 1266, GuiltyLion wrote:hmm hmm hmm

sleeping on it and seeing fire's latest posts has lowered my confidence in voting Dann

however I still have a hangup in that let's say kuti is maf and Dann is town and scum wanted us to WIFOM ourselves into voting Dann

who is actually scum pushing us towards that, if anyone? it kinda feels like Bell/Rat are just sitting back and not really advocating for anything, so I could see them as kuti partners in a town!Dann world. Maybe one Vulture/Roden being the remaining scum? but Roden's D2 is a fairly audacious move if kuti is actually maf, especially if the plan is to actually sacrifice kuti and go down 2-0. It's a bit odd that Roden has decreased in presence as the day has gone on, kinda maybe feels like S-S with kuti where Roden wants to look good off their flip while not actually doing a
ton
to make it really happen

p-edit haven't read that post yet
Roden being inactive is nia. He was very inactive in Terminator and PYP - both town.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1270 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:27 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

Bell is virtually my most confident scumread lol, I almost have the same number of posts as him and I barely played last weekend, that is a huge problem

last time we played together when Bell was town and he was suspicious of me he was bragging about his ability to outpost me

so yeah Ari's point makes sense, I think I just wanna vote Dann here

also thinking about Roden saying Bell was town on D1 for posting a lot, @Roden are you still thinking that?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1271 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:30 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1166, Bell wrote:Apologies.

VOTE: Kutplz

Ultimately I’m incredibly conflicted on Dann, and I don’t want to embarrass myself by misreading him. Made town posts. Made scum posts. I don’t eee much like an agenda, even though his pushes felt agendey he *sort of* kept his way of treating people the same. It’s not great but he seems to have used his yardstick about the same for everyone based on how they played. It’s terrible because it feels less like a read than watching someone play off a policy. But at least he had a policy. Inconsistency isn’t a scum tell, nor is consistency.
I’m not satisfied, but life happens.
this also just strikes me as a tremendously awkward uncomfortable scummy vote
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1272 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:32 am

Post by Aristeia »

also fire I think a lot of your arguments for why Kuti is scum is focussed on Kuti not playing the game but that's not actually like scum indicative imo,

they're clearly mostly afk this game but that's because this site isn't really their home site - like when I play on MU I basically afk too because I'm not very used to logging onto that site and I forget about the game there. Which I think just shows they didn't actually get too involved into the game here, it's actually more likely to come from kuti being town because I think a kuti with a team of scummers chatting with them about what to do would feel more committed and involved than what we saw here.

on two points that I thought were more townie for Kuti;

(1) I think Kuti would've leaned more into buddying with me if they were actually scum because we have played quite a few games together on MU - it feels like they didn't really ingratiate themselves with me at all and in my experience they have more of a social aspect to their scum game.

(2) the sense I get from rereading Kuti's iso is that they're just genuinely very lost and kind of stumbling from one spot to another and saying whatever is on their mind? It doesn't feel like premeditated or planned and I don't think they're getting game state information from a scum thread.

it just feels like kuti's stereotypical surface level LHF being set up to get an easy point and I kind of think scum
need
a win now.

If anything I agree with Fire's take that scum have every incentive to lob wifom balls with Scummy Scum paired with Townie Townie in order to trick us but I think they throw a fastball down the middle first to set up the wifom later.[yes baseball analogy I am a geek]
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1273 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:33 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 1268, Loki Dokie wrote:The problem that I see Ari, is your theory for Dann!scum is hinging on Bell!scum but what if Bell is town here, how does that impact your theory?

Bell is incredibly easy to read in that he has a hard volume tell.

If he's not posting, he's scum.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1274 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:34 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1272, Aristeia wrote:[yes baseball analogy I am a geek]
go Orioles

Return to “Completed Open Games”