Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #2600 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:19 pm

Post by Vivax »

In post 2532, geraintm wrote:Hitting thread quickly, I thought it would be night by now. Vivax just doing the absolute worst though.
Will catch up tomorrow
Not sure if interesting or worrying that this was 6 days ago
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2601 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:20 pm

Post by Crescent »

Huh. Gera actually.. Barely even has a vote pattern at all. Very early vote on Lowell, Very early vote on Fred, mid vote on Meg, unvote when Meg goes -1.

Onto Vivax, then MT. Only votes Unsure and Mala when they're confirmed scum.

Really thought this guy had placed more votes.

I will say though, it's hard for me to see scum selling out on Malcolm so hard when Prince OR Enchant would've been viable alternative options at that point in time. I also have to ask myself, does scum Gera, who is adverse to calling attention to himself, actually make
this
vote?
In post 1956, geraintm wrote:VOTE: Malcolm
i am trusting others about the value of this elimination. i know i hate others sheeping other votes, so call me out on that but this is one of those weird times where i am out of my depth and acknowledge that but trust in the hive mind
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2602 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:28 pm

Post by Crescent »

Ok really I have no idea why you'd think it'd be night by now after the superduperobviousscumplayer flipped town yesterday. I expected to peek in on break and see the game actually be over. I added some panache... Just because, really.

Like the guy was dead in under an hour because everyone's argument intersected into this giant ball of "this guy is obvious scum kill it immediately".

But today? Yeah this isn't that day.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2603 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:30 pm

Post by Crescent »

Oh wait that was an old Gera post not a new Gera post gg me.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #2604 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:31 pm

Post by Vivax »

No idea what happened to PoP, I simply woke up to a done deed there when checking in
Reviewed a bit of Gera and lean towards the nontinfoil option for a change, Enchant isn't even faking a new check
Suppose the game became somewhat pure at this point
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2605 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:51 pm

Post by Crescent »

Oh that reminds me. Random Fire posts of note as I skim this ISO: Says Meg's vote on FP looks like a bus in #804.

Tried to murder Mala day 2 (And the primary people who got in the way were Owen and especially
me

Hated MT's train and voted Unsure

And then I found this bombshell.
In post 1713, Firebringer wrote:Okay here is my general vibe/feelings that might not be useful at all.
enchant has been like begging to get yeeted. Basically spitting in all our faces as we try to apply any pressure. I don't like the attitude but this is so brazen for scum to do that im not on board with it. Which maybe enchant has picked up and been utilizing. I also get feeling scum are reluctant to vote or push enchant because low hanging fruit and don't want to be the first to go there. So if voted its the later votes where they feel comfortable that they wont be called out on it.

Unown. Is one i haven't had a lot of opinions on but i get the sense of votes placed and attitude around the slot that scum are angling/want this as mislim. I am not certain who because like andante is a top townread for me. I should be able to point out specific people who i think are trying to manufacture a push there but it just felt off from the few votes and mentions of unown from others. Maybe im seeing nothing I just don't know and i haven't given this slot much individual attention all game.

Lots of my townish reads have been getting firmer in there position which is the only good thing about this game day.
gera , vivax, greeting, crescent
lowell has gotten weaker due to like not doing anything but complain. Needs to do shit.

So my yeet pool right now is sitting with:
Unsure, Malakittens, Prince

Then he tries to murder Mala again as soon as she's brought up as a viable option. Top two scum are confirmed scum.

Combine that with genuine frustrations and the like and this ISO just isn't scum.

But I did notice it is someone who thought
everyone currently alive except for Enchant
is town.... At the time, at least.

But then very shortly after he says that Mala is defending Enchant because she knows he's town, but he doesn't stay around long enough on day 4 to actually make any sort of further comment on this once it's clear Mala is scum.

In post 1785, Firebringer wrote:
In post 1735, Malakittens wrote:GUYS
WHY IS ENCHANT SCUM

SRSLY
WHY IS ENCHANT TOWN
i can do this too.

here are some points for at least anti town play:
> is doing no scumhunting in the game
> has no reasons for votes and even explains doesn't remember why made any of them
> actively encourages wagon on self with attitude
> looked like scumhunting day 1 or at least was forming reads then dropped off completely after a scum lim. Why dismotivated now?

So....again. Why is enchant town?
Ive given reasons that it might just be too brazen to be scum. I just don't see any town mindset beyond "fuck you town i do what i want" which i can relate to sometimes as town but if this is all we are going to hold up as reason for town its not really great standing.
Mala's consistently bad responses to this made Fire townread Enchant.

So actually in the end it kinda looks like.. He townread EVERY PERSON ALIVE. Three based on their own play, and one based on Mala's play.

This still doesn't feel like a scum ISO at all though.

In post 1712, Firebringer wrote:
In post 1657, Unsure wrote:I will sheep Crescent's Firebringer read until a certain point in the game.
And you can't read me because???

Oh ok yeah he's town as if we needed any more evidence of that.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2606 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:00 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 2379, Lowell wrote:Here’s the order. Apologies if I missed a claim or two.

Unsure
Mala
Prince
Crescent
Gera
Enchant
Viv
Fire
Greeting
Vivax I can't find an Enchant claim anywhere, did I miss something?
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2607 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:04 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

Crescent have you read Gera's iso?
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2608 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:08 pm

Post by Crescent »

I have no idea where this burst of inspiration has come from but boy am I going to crash soon.

But yeah it's not FK meaning his opinion carries more weight to me here. This would have been a phenomenal scumgame by Fire for him to have been scum. More random things I've noticed.

In post 2284, Unsure wrote:i'll believe unowen's claim before believing malakittens' here.

if all claims are true, there are two or three more scum in {Vivax, Greeting, Firebringer, geraintm, Prince of Paterson, Crescent}. I can see Vivax/gerain/PoP being scum here. Maybe Greeting. Though I think the answer is as simple as there's a fakeclaim between Mala and Owen — and if one flips scum, the person they "checked" can also be scum. My theory is Mala and Enchant. I haven't ruled out that I've been pocketed and I'll watch out for that in my reread, but I won't have time to deepdive until five days for now because work.
Interesting. Does Unsure really push Mala/Enchant here if they're all scum together? This is way before Unsure was just the "auto vote out" or "literal confirmed scum".

Vivax interaction with Unsure is super awkward around this time. Vivax basically acts like Unsure is almost certain scum, then townpiles him a few posts later for absolutely no reason while Unsure does... Essentially nothing in return.

In post 2299, Vivax wrote:Nah, Unsure can go to town pile. Owen too.
Should be enough info around to solve it and I need to bring myself to it.

And my paranoia about Crescent is firing up. That would make Lowell town for example. If that's the case, it's a town doctor, which keeps Owen alive and probably kills me on the next night.

Enchant, Crescent, Prince perhaps? Unsure on Firebringer.

Crescent said that seeing Andante getting tunneled triggered her, which is unusual if you don't know that the reasons are bad. That points at Crescent having TMI and being mafia, actually. Andante having flipped town helps with that, though it wasn't too surprising as a pick.
This post is absolutely horrid. Suddenly calls Unsure town for... Absolutely no reason whatsoever shortly after voting him, says he's uncertain on Fire (Who I strongly townread at the time), and included a godawful scumteam that didn't even include Mala.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2609 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:08 pm

Post by Crescent »

In post 2606, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 2379, Lowell wrote:Here’s the order. Apologies if I missed a claim or two.

Unsure
Mala
Prince
Crescent
Gera
Enchant
Viv
Fire
Greeting
Vivax I can't find an Enchant claim anywhere, did I miss something?
Pretty sure both Enchant and Gera have never claimed.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2610 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:12 pm

Post by Crescent »

In post 2607, Frogsterking wrote:Crescent have you read Gera's iso?
It's lacking.. But his ISOs are always lacking. MN2272 had ~2.2k posts and this guy had just 95 of them, by far the lowest of anyone who survived until endgame, and half as much as all the people who replaced into the game on day 2. I've basically been trying to read him off of his style rather than his content.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2611 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:21 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

:good:
In post 2610, Crescent wrote:
In post 2607, Frogsterking wrote:Crescent have you read Gera's iso?
It's lacking.. But his ISOs are always lacking.
I agree.

It's also possible this same line of reasoning applies to Enchant and the Town bodies who wanted them dead. I haven't looked at Enchant's games yet to verify but I imagine there are often a number of dead Townies who wanted to vote Town!Enchant at some point. Enchant is extremely common lim bait.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2612 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:30 pm

Post by Crescent »

Enchant did very little for the first 3 days, and his attack on me day 5 was really the first time he actually did anything aggressive all game.

To sum up what put him on my radar: Like, every single thing he did regarding Fred on day 2. He jumps from leading a train on MT to being 5th vote on Fred, then bails off when Fred gets to -1 for a godawful reason, He says trains like Fred's usually turn out to be town. Fred's train mirrored Meg's train, and Meg was scum. Hindsight side-note: Who was the third train that day aside from MT/Fred? Unsure. Enchant did not vote him once.
In post 1076, Enchant wrote:Idk it's more telling that Fred is town.
Lolvote townie to e-1 is fast obvs, but who wants to cast finally vote.and get blamed?

His unvote looked like scum unvoting town so he wouldn't be caught on the train when it flipped. I still feel like I should have pursued him more over it. This train was so similar to day 1, and Meg was a train he avoided (he was on the awful Bugspray counter instead). The reaction feels both inorganic and contradictory towards the previous day.

He voted Fred 3 times on day 2, without a single reason for any of the votes, including when he hammered.

And that's pretty much where my scum read on him originated from. A long sequence of bad posts on day 2.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2613 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:32 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

I'll reread Enchant with that in mind.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2614 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:35 pm

Post by Crescent »

In post 2613, Frogsterking wrote:I'll reread Enchant with that in mind.
It was bad enough to me that I had Fred essentially locktown if Enchant was scum, though frankly I don't think I would've gotten the votes anyway even if I had really put the screws on him. It would've been a ton of mental energy to spend to probably no effect.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2615 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:41 pm

Post by Crescent »

Oh the crash is coming boy is it coming

I'm either going to sleep for a couple of hours or I'm just going to semi-hallucinate all night not sure which.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2616 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:03 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 320, Enchant wrote:FancyPants* - lurk idk
Vivax - troll town
MalcolmTucker - prob maf
Greeting - idk always failed at reading
Firebringer - hot null would't care to vote
Fredrick A Campbell - can afford to die
Dwlee99* - lurk
Crescent - eh idk
Lowell - prob town
bugspray - always failed at reading
PookyTheMagicalBear - always mafia
geraintm - prob maf
UNOwen - idk i started yawning at this guy, pretend that's there's something funny drawn at next 3 persons and i call it a day, too much effort for me
Prince of Paterson
Andante
MegAzumarill
In post 1205, Enchant wrote:
In post 1201, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:Post 841

Interaction between Firebringer and Enchant starting these posts were weird. After some thought, I believe this is an attempt to distance themselves from each other. The other interactions between Firebringer and Enchant that I remember are about as weird to me.

In combination, all the interactions seem to be telling the audience "Look, [Firebringer/Enchant] is suspicious of [Enchant/Firebringer]. In case you forget or missed this show, we will put on another show in a few days' time."

Spoiler: Current Situation
Tested positive about 3 hours ago on a Covid-19 Self Test Kit
MAFIA PT:
"Hey, we probably need to distance with Enchant!"
"But why, Enchant ultimatly lurks and doesh't interact with us at all."
"Let's do it anyway, it will work for sure if Enchant dies."
"Yeah makes sense."

8 hours later:
"Oh heck, they discovered it was trick, what we gonna do now?"
"I guess bitch about Fredrick, was too smart."

... No really, if you have idea i even need to distancing with someone, you probably didn't bother with thinking.
I think these quotes look funny together. It seems like Enchant treats Fred's slot the way you (Crescent) would treat NM if NM were in this game. Enchant wants Fred to die ASAP independent of Fred's alignment and at the same time wants actual scum reads to die.

It's possible that it's an act, at least the act is consistent though.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2617 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:12 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 2494, Enchant wrote:I am now 98% sure Crescent is mafia.

Ironically i can't do shit about it.
Enchant can you scum case Crescent?
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2618 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:21 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 2610, Crescent wrote:I've basically been trying to read him off of his style rather than his content.
Can you elaborate on your thoughts about geraintm's iso and what motivates geraintm?
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2619 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:39 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 2615, Crescent wrote:Oh the crash is coming boy is it coming

I'm either going to sleep for a couple of hours or I'm just going to semi-hallucinate all night not sure which.
I'm guessing that you crashed lol. Cat nap time.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2620 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:10 pm

Post by geraintm »

i havent posted in 6 days because you sped run yesterday and gave me no chance to post.
someone asked if i claimed. i havent. i am vt. i think i said something like "i have no reason to doubt this claim" when someone else claimed, and that was me hinting at not having a roll that would conflict with a claim.
will catch up later.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2621 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:30 pm

Post by Enchant »

In post 2617, Frogsterking wrote:

No, i can't. I am not sure about it anymore.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2622 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:50 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 2621, Enchant wrote:

What changed your mind?
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2623 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:52 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

Oh wow it's morning already. Follow up question: Enchant are you an early bird?
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2624 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:02 pm

Post by Enchant »

In post 2622, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 2621, Enchant wrote:

What changed your mind?
I expected Prince to flip maf obvs, i just lose confedence overall.
Frogsterking wrote:Oh wow it's morning already. Follow up question: Enchant are you an early bird?
Not really, i wake up late.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”