Open 862: Diffusion of Power (Game Over)

Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1800 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2022 9:30 pm

Post by Enchant »

Who the hell is Enxhant
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1801 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2022 9:33 pm

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

In post 1761, Bellaphant wrote:
Can you give me some examples, and explain how it's scummy? It's just how I talk and I don't think this should be news to you. In terms of solving, noticing things like enchants push back to gamma but not other people is the start of a solving process - I don't have an answer, but you have to notice things that feel out of place

(@mistress, that's why I'm reacting to the scum read on me for the misread vote count - I think before I'd just town binned your slot for tone, and it's important not to miss things that 'hitch' that read - it does show a lack of detailed reading of the thread. It also mainly worries me because I'm still not sure why Auro scum reads me, and it does seem your read of me has changed since I questioned the scum read: certainly your approach has, but that might just be the replacement)

Back to @bbt - Enchant has said they think gamma is scum for not knowing their meta, but I don't think their meta massively supports them being town. You've said that about deputy cultists before and I'm not sure I follow, can you walk me through it?.

I agree about penguin,.I forgot they are in the game, but I also struggle to.remember anything nm has said.
Examples will have to wait until I'm on PC unfortunately. I understand that you're not as black and white as most people when it comes to reads but you're definitely capable of making reads and expanding on them as town.

Noticing things is not solving. If you notice things and then give some thoughts on whether it's town or scum and say why, then sure, that's solving. But just pointing things out isn't solving. It's a more subtle approach, but similar to, throwing out a bunch of accusations and seeing what sticks. The way you do it draws a lot less attention, too.

You know I don't use meta, but I'd argue that Enchant engaging when being pushed is town indicative in and of itself? Deputy Cultists is different for a whole host of reasons, namely; Enchant was conf town and literally had to do nothing to prove their alignment, they had 0 interest in the set-up and game itself and only played because Mod asked (if I remember right) and they also couldn't be killed. So, all in all, motivation to play was low.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1802 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:23 pm

Post by Enchant »

Finding mafia is ez (PROOF NEEDED).

Problem persuade other in it, without persuading self from it.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1803 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:45 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1802, Enchant wrote:Finding mafia is ez (PROOF NEEDED).

Problem persuade other in it, without persuading self from it.
I’m gonna be perfectly honest and say that i didn’t spend much time on reading more about Jake and Enshant because i was pretty busy this week. But if something had townpinged me about their recent posting i would have probably forced myself to look at someone else.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1804 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:51 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Why can't you spell Enchant :?: :P :lol:
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1805 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:34 pm

Post by Enchant »

WHO THE HELL IS ENSHANT
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1806 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:20 am

Post by Kop »

In post 1797, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 1779, Kop wrote:I was talking about the fact that BBT said that you and Jake had a high chance of flipping town, but yet has his vote there, and his natural progression that Jake is the likely one to flip scum, without any explanation. It doesn't feel right, and I don't agree with it.
Where is the contradiction here :?: :? :? Have you never had to vote between two competing wagons you didn't like and had to settle for one over the other :? :wink: :giggle:
Yes I have had to consolidate on a wagon that I didn't like at the late stage of the day before, but a few days before deadline is enough to put forward a case of someone that you scum read.

However we are at a stage now, that I do actually see BBTs point if another wagon was to start, it would make me nervous too.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1807 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:39 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

7 hours left so better pick a choice between Jake or Encant
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1808 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:02 am

Post by Enchant »

Should we claim with Jake
Don Draper x Mistress
Don Draper x Mistress
They/Them
Goon
Don Draper x Mistress
They/Them
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1809 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:07 am

Post by Don Draper x Mistress »

In post 1795, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:You're right, I didn't realise we still had so much time back when I was voting you.

My reads wavered a bit on both slots though so I didn't feel as strongly then as I do now regarding Jake and yourself if that makes sense?

I also don't feel I have enough to push Bella or Penguin so it just feels like my hands are tied and we're in a pretty shitty position.
I townlean Penguin if that helps.

~N
Hydra of Auro and Nancy Drew 39
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1810 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:10 am

It doesn't help much Nancy, is it based on meta or is it game relevant?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Don Draper x Mistress
Don Draper x Mistress
They/Them
Goon
Don Draper x Mistress
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1811 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:10 am

In post 1804, Not_Mafia wrote:Why can't you spell Enchant :?: :P :lol:
Ironically, his name despite being one of the easiest ones to spell, seems to get misspelled more than any other it seems. :lol:
Don Draper x Mistress
Don Draper x Mistress
They/Them
Goon
Don Draper x Mistress
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1812 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:12 am

In post 1810, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:It doesn't help much Nancy, is it based on meta or is it game relevant?
Both, because it sounds like town!Penguin in most games I’ve played with him and I also don’t so far see any reason to scumread him. That’s why it’s a townlean.
Don Draper x Mistress
Don Draper x Mistress
They/Them
Goon
Don Draper x Mistress
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1813 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:14 am

In post 1807, NorwegianboyEE wrote:7 hours left so better pick a choice between Jake or Encant
Like, are you misspelling his name deliberately now? It’s the third post in succession now. :lol:
Don Draper x Mistress
Don Draper x Mistress
They/Them
Goon
Don Draper x Mistress
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1814 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:16 am

In post 1807, NorwegianboyEE wrote:7 hours left so better pick a choice between Jake or Encant
I don’t know if Jake is scum or not but I really don’t think Enchant is.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1815 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:30 am

In post 1812, Don Draper x Mistress wrote:
In post 1810, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:It doesn't help much Nancy, is it based on meta or is it game relevant?
Both, because it sounds like town!Penguin in most games I’ve played with him and I also don’t so far see any reason to scumread him. That’s why it’s a townlean.
OK, so specifically for this game you have Penguin as null at best it looks like?

Has he done anything this game to make you think he is town?
Don Draper x Mistress
Don Draper x Mistress
They/Them
Goon
Don Draper x Mistress
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1816 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:42 am

In post 1815, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 1812, Don Draper x Mistress wrote:
OK, so specifically for this game you have Penguin as null at best it looks like?

Has he done anything this game to make you think he is town?
He’s been making reads here, sorting. I don’t understand why you sr him? He also hasn’t done anything to ping me. Like I said, so far this looks like town!Penguin in any game I’ve ever played with him. \_0_/
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1817 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:49 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Time for Gamma, Kop and Nancy to vote
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Don Draper x Mistress
Don Draper x Mistress
They/Them
Goon
Don Draper x Mistress
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1818 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:59 am

In post 1787, Bellaphant wrote:Cool, why else though? I've been asking you to clarify and come chat to me.
Nothing else.

-Mistress
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1819 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:23 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

:?: :wink: 4 hours left, why aren't you voting Nancy
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1820 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:57 am

Post by Enchant »

In post 1808, Enchant wrote:Should we claim with Jake
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1821 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:06 am

Post by Somnus »

I don't know how much a claim is going to be taken seriously in this setup at this point, Enchant. Kind of can't believe we're in this spot. I think most of us have been ready for Day 2 to end for several days, and with 3 hours left in the day, no one is at E-1 and 3 people aren't voting.

I humbly request that mafia shoots me tonight and that if there's a Night 3 cop, take your pick out of anyone allowing this to get to no-lim after speedrunning Day 1. Back to doing literally anything else than post in this game.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1822 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:07 am

Post by Somnus »

Night 2 cop, rather ^
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1823 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:08 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Switching my vote won't even end the day, will it? I'm around for a bit tonight.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1824 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:08 am

Post by Enchant »

Fairly, i would just lie about my claim anyway.

Return to “Completed Open Games”