Open 862: Diffusion of Power (Game Over)

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1900 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:36 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

scum got yeeted D1, I assumed the wagon was pure, and I was dead wrong
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1901 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:37 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

I was scum and was D1 hard bussed by both my scumbuddies.
<(") | (")>
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1902 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:37 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

:?: Did scum win
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1903 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:38 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Nope.
<(") | (")>
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1904 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:41 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 1898, Gamma Emerald wrote:why does BBT's vote look bad to you, NM? I don't need to ask about mine because I'm pretty sure of why.
Placement, There's a bus and if it's a double bus it was an early vote + Penguin, cos Penguin's vote tipped the balance and sealed Jake's fate. If it's one scum bussing, it was you or BBT just trying to get their name on the wagon for towncred. If BBT is scum, I don't think he was committed to the wagon going through, he just wanted to be seen to be pushing Jake for cred, but then the wagon went through very quickly EoD :)
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1905 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:41 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Then we have nothing to worry about :cool:
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1906 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:43 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 1905, Not_Mafia wrote:
Then we have nothing to worry about :cool:
Yep. Datisi and Looker got nothin on us.
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1907 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:44 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 1904, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 1898, Gamma Emerald wrote:why does BBT's vote look bad to you, NM? I don't need to ask about mine because I'm pretty sure of why.
Placement, There's a bus and if it's a double bus it was an early vote + Penguin, cos Penguin's vote tipped the balance and sealed Jake's fate. If it's one scum bussing, it was you or BBT just trying to get their name on the wagon for towncred. If BBT is scum, I don't think he was committed to the wagon going through, he just wanted to be seen to be pushing Jake for cred, but then the wagon went through very quickly EoD :)
this is not a bad take.
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1908 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:44 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

still want somnus' assessment
<(") | (")>
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1909 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:55 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1875, Gamma Emerald wrote:I feel like it’s possible
I still don’t rlly trust enchant and the gamestate there would be weird if enchant was town, unless the scum piled on Enchant kinda early
I kinda feel like my idea about scum piling onto enchant might be valid? So I don't really feel like a bus is certain.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1910 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:00 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 1853, Something_Smart wrote:
VC 2.FINAL
Jake The Wolfie (6)-
Not_Mafia, Enchant, Somnus, BlueBloodedToffee, PenguinPower, Gamma Emerald
(HAMMER)
Enchant (3)-
Bellaphant, NorwegianboyEE, Jake The Wolfie

Not voting (2)-
Kop
Don Draper x Mistress

With 11 alive it takes 6 to reach a majority.
A
Deadline is in (expired on 2022-08-22 16:00:00)
Do you think this is a realistic EoD vote count?
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1911 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:01 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Nope!
<(") | (")>
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1912 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:02 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Me neither :D
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1913 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:04 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Split votes are possible though.
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1914 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:04 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

oop - want to see what somnus says
<(") | (")>
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1915 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:14 pm

Post by Somnus »

I don't think the Nancy and Friends slot was a weird kill at all. Their voting history was...not great, but as was pointed out, they were mostly town-read. I think if I were mafia, my only realistic choices there are the hydra, myself, or Not_mafia.
In post 1299, Don Draper x Mistress wrote:
I’m town and I will prove that.
And laugh all you want, but I read this as a sincere cop claim. Yes, it's something literally anyone could have said, but it felt genuine to me. Maybe mafia read it the way I did. I dunno. Either way, it was a widely town-read slot.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1916 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:16 pm

Post by Somnus »

Not to be unoriginal, but I agree with literally every take Not_Mafia has had these last couple of pages. I can expand more after digging through ISOs, but just looking through votes, particularly EOD, I think Gamma, Bella, and Norwee should be heavily under the radar today.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1917 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:17 pm

Post by Somnus »

The Goldfish/Kop slot needs to be active today. It just does. It's been a virtually vacant slot since the game started. I immediately had doubts about the cop check claim on me early in Day 2, and nothing that has happened has given me any reason to reconsider.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1918 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:19 pm

Post by Somnus »

At initial glance, Penguin/Jake interactions don't look like theater. Not ruling it out, but it looks authentic to me.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1919 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:36 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1915, Somnus wrote:I don't think the Nancy and Friends slot was a weird kill at all. Their voting history was...not great, but as was pointed out, they were mostly town-read. I think if I were mafia, my only realistic choices there are the hydra, myself, or Not_mafia.
In post 1299, Don Draper x Mistress wrote:
I’m town and I will prove that.
And laugh all you want, but I read this as a sincere cop claim. Yes, it's something literally anyone could have said, but it felt genuine to me. Maybe mafia read it the way I did. I dunno. Either way, it was a widely town-read slot.
In post 1916, Somnus wrote:Not to be unoriginal, but I agree with literally every take Not_Mafia has had these last couple of pages. I can expand more after digging through ISOs, but just looking through votes, particularly EOD, I think Gamma [...] should be heavily under the radar today.
these feel incongruous

also ig bella/norwee/jake isn't that likely but I could see jake/kop/bella or norwee being possible
<Embrace The Void>

Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1920 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 5:05 pm

Post by Somnus »

Hmmm. Fun fact: spent some time going through Jake's scum games, including from a couple alts (they're listed on his wiki). He almost always puts a scum partner towards the bottom of his reads-lists. Figured it's at least worth pointing out.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1921 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:13 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1916, Somnus wrote:Not to be unoriginal, but I agree with literally every take Not_Mafia has had these last couple of pages. I can expand more after digging through ISOs, but just looking through votes, particularly EOD, I think Gamma, Bella, and Norwee should be heavily under the radar today.
I’m too busy to be under the radar today :/
Jake kinda agreed with everything and put me in the top of his townreads. Like not tryna tell you how to think, but that isn’t how partnered Jake would play around me.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1922 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:15 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Also i gangnam styled on all his attempts to pocket me and said Jake was a fine wagon most of yesterday. Like i could have easily defended Jake and pushed Enchant harder if i knew i had to defend him.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1923 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:18 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I’m not even sure Bella is scum, wagon just stinks of bussing. Who it is idk yet, but i don’t feel like Bella has been an insincere slot this game.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1924 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:21 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Fuck, i spelled Encht correctly.

- Bunno

Return to “Completed Open Games”