Micro 1060: Radiology Mafia [Game Over]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2022 12:22 pm

Post by Ircher »

In post 400, Ircher wrote:
Day 2 VC #5
Ausuka
(1): Aisa ()

Radical Rat
(2): marcistar (), Ausuka ()

marcistar
(2): Radical Rat (), MegAzumarill ()

Not Voting
(2): Herta, JohnnyFarrar

With 7 alive, it takes 4 votes to accuse a player of malpractice.
DeadlinesThis phase will end on August 31, 2022 8:00 PM CDT (GMT-5:00) or in (expired on 2022-08-31 20:00:00).

Moderator Notes1: If you have regular weekend V/LA, you must either notify me each time or set V/LA tags each time.
2: Let me know if you spot any errors in the vote count or voting history. I am trying out a new tool for recording the voting history.
3: Let me know if you go by a different pronoun than listed.

Pronoun Key1. Ausuka : any / any / any
2. Aisa : she / her / her
3. MegAzumarill : any / any / any
6. marcistar : unspecified / unspecified / unspecified
7. Radical Rat : they / them / theirs
8. Herta : unspecified / unspecified / unspecified
9. JohnnyFarrar : he / him / his

Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her, they/them

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2022 1:57 pm

Post by Aisa »

UNVOTE: Ausuka
I'm doing this to show I'm aware I need to broaden my horizons and properly think through everyone in the game. That's something I've always been aware that I need to do. As we get closer to deadline it seems more important to be more open about what I'm thinking.

I do really think it's worth reconsidering the quality of Ausuka's push on RR. To be clear, though, part of the reason my vote/attention has been sitting on Ausuka is that no-one else is pushing them and I don't think putting some extra attention there would hurt town at all. I'm not so certain they're scum that I'd hammer right this very second.
In post 423, MegAzumarill wrote:
In post 401, MegAzumarill wrote:So aisa you think this push on RR is disengeuous here? Could you elaborate on that more
@aisa
Sorry, I did see this yesterday but didn't get around to it.

I don't think there is actually a massive amount to comment on that I haven't commented on, I still think this shows what pinged me fairly well. Additionally I'd note that:
- Ausuka hasn't really shown much sign that they're re-evaluating their read on RR after my comments. It could be that they are engaging with the game just not explicitly talking about this in their posts, it could be that they're just busy etc. but on the whole this seems +scum, they seem pretty comfortable there.
- Some of their posts just strike me as suspicious tonally, like this one here kiiind of reads as "why should I bother trying to read RR when I can just "expect" them to post better?"
In post 365, Ausuka wrote:[...] RR is not a new player. Why should I believe that their thought process is genuine? [...]
(I am aware that is not the point Ausuka is trying to make in the actual post, they're trying to say "I believe RR would post better". I think.)

However I have to confess that I'm like
In post 424, Ausuka wrote:
In post 417, Aisa wrote:Is it just me or does the above post not make much sense?
In post 408, Ausuka wrote:
In post 398, Aisa wrote:scumread marci, therefore you must be scum".
- However, both town and scum can have bad justification for their reads, so bad justification is actually approximately NAI.
- You pointed out the bad justification and seemed uninterested in contemplating a world in which this bad justification came from town.
So you think my scumread is bad and that because I'm pushing a read which is NAI I am scum?
That is a pretty fair summary, yes.
Like I'd never say that pushing a read which is NAI means someone is scum in itself, but the way you are pushing it seems scummy, yes.
So why can't I believe that the way RR pushed marci coming into the day, pinning the Hiraki kill on her right away, is scummy
...I think you're right you can, yes and maybe that's all you're doing, this is all probably a sign I need to drop this for a day or so.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2022 2:10 pm

Post by Aisa »

General thoughts on the game atm are that I'd sooner elim marci than RR. "Gut feeling" sums this up best at the moment but basically there isn't much in RR's posts that pings me negatively, they read like they're kind of clean and unforced. I think the way they've been defending themselves is roughly what I would expect of town!RR.
marci I'm like, the recent wall could be town-indicative. I'm a big believer in trying to read how motivated someone is / activity levels and I think the wall is +town in terms of the motivation it shows. However the rest of their posting is just kinda *shrug* scum could do this.

Meg, Herta and Johnny all need a bit more attention I think. I guess Herta has received some attention, maybe it's just me who hasn't put in the work of actually making my mind on the slot. Anyway - I'm aware I don't police you all, everyone ultimately should do what they feel like doing, but I would recommend not forgetting these slots exist and not just auto-eliminating one of the current wagons come deadline.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2022 2:14 pm

Post by Aisa »

In post 420, JohnnyFarrar wrote:I also don't super like the idea of pushing Marci for that reason, the more I think about it the less.... idk the less sportsman like it is? If Marci's town here I don't wanna punish them for putting forth effort.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't understand this.
Ain't it never happened that Serena Williams shows up to the tennis court and goes "y'know what, I don't really want to play this game because my opponent has put forth effort in training for this match. Gee, that would be really unsportmanlike."
Do you agree with me here and if so does that change your assessment of marci?
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2022 3:16 pm

Post by marcistar »

i might be wrong but i was assuming johnnys post was

"i dont want to elim marci for efforting but i would elim her for a better reason"
EVIL CANADIAN HATES BAJA BLAST

this clown has a gtkas unfortunately
Herta
Herta
Mafia Scum
Herta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:23 pm

Post by Herta »

In post 422, MegAzumarill wrote:Overall its alright I guess. I could see scum!marci making that in defense but I do also think it can be town.
This is an awfully wishy washy answer. Or noncommittal I guess. I was waiting for Aisa to post to see if it was brought up.

Maybe I'm missing something and that's why it wasn't pointed out?
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:17 pm

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

In post 429, marcistar wrote:i might be wrong but i was assuming johnnys post was

"i dont want to elim marci for efforting but i would elim her for a better reason"
This pretty much sums that up. Like, idk that Marci is town but I don't think I'll ever vote someone on a reverse efficiency bias
Phone posting. Low effort, big fun.
"In my heart, Johnny will always be scum" - Not_Mafia
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2022 9:13 pm

Post by Aisa »

In post 430, Herta wrote:
In post 422, MegAzumarill wrote:Overall its alright I guess. I could see scum!marci making that in defense but I do also think it can be town.
This is an awfully wishy washy answer. Or noncommittal I guess. I was waiting for Aisa to post to see if it was brought up.

I don’t really mind the response per se, like sometimes you don’t feel strongly about how AI a post is and that seems fine?

I’ll give you they seem a bit passive now that I look at the ISO again. Either they think we need more from marci, in which case the post above is a bit non-committal, or they have an opinion on marci but haven’t really stated it. Which one is it Meg?
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2022 9:57 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

On a reread of D1, I'm mostly just more confused. I don't actually think it would have been that hard for scum to push him today if they'd wanted to. His argument with me was pedantic and just generally bad, and the comment on expecting Juice to flip Town could probably have been spun as a TMI thing were they so inclined.

Other than him, the only people who seemed to think Juice might be Town were Meg and marci. Which is interesting since Meg was on the wagon, while continuing to engage with Juice as though xe were just misguided Town. However, this is also a problem I have sometimes, and have been wrongly called scum for it before, so I'm hesitant to jump on it outright.

I still keep coming back to marci though. Most of their posting is like. Putting on an appearance of content without actually doing much, it's supported by the Hiraki kill, and I just can't find anyone looking worse.
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2022 3:29 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

In post 432, Aisa wrote:
In post 430, Herta wrote:

I don’t really mind the response per se, like sometimes you don’t feel strongly about how AI a post is and that seems fine?

I’ll give you they seem a bit passive now that I look at the ISO again. Either they think we need more from marci, in which case the post above is a bit non-committal, or they have an opinion on marci but haven’t really stated it. Which one is it Meg?
It's that we need more. I don't feel particularly strongly on scum on any player, so it's maybe 2 parts sheeping RR 1 part scumread on my vote here.

In hindsight I should probably do another readthrough of day 1 now that some time has passed.
Imprefection is the spice of life.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2022 3:32 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

In post 433, Radical Rat wrote:Which is interesting since Meg was on the wagon, while continuing to engage with Juice as though xe were just misguided Town. However, this is also a problem I have sometimes, and have been wrongly called scum for it before, so I'm hesitant to jump on it outright.
Imagine calling this a problem.

Full disclosure here, I did want someone to put Juice at E-1 when I unvoted, so that I could give intent and watch the resulting fireworks. Didn't work out that way though.
Imprefection is the spice of life.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2022 11:50 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 187, Herta wrote:Hiraki likely town. I only felt it before. After that thorough analysis I'm fairly convinced. It's hard to fake that many thoughts on a chunk like that.
In post 412, Herta wrote:Sorry I'm not feeling this game. Or mafia in general really right now.

I'm not getting the nuances that are being pointed out regarding ausuka by aisa and radical rat. I'm also not getting ausuka's positions on aisa and radical rat fwiw. My eyes are just glazing over at some of these posts. It does appear that aisa and radical rat are not necessarily tied but in the same ballpark? It feels that way anyway and makes me lean toward voting one of them.
:( why no townread for me?
I like townreads
Give me townread
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:10 pm

Post by Aisa »

In post 433, Radical Rat wrote:On a reread of D1, I'm mostly just more confused. I don't actually think it would have been that hard for scum to push him today if they'd wanted to. His argument with me was pedantic and just generally bad, and the comment on expecting Juice to flip Town could probably have been spun as a TMI thing were they so inclined.

Other than him, the only people who seemed to think Juice might be Town were Meg and marci. Which is interesting since Meg was on the wagon, while continuing to engage with Juice as though xe were just misguided Town. However, this is also a problem I have sometimes, and have been wrongly called scum for it before, so I'm hesitant to jump on it outright.

I still keep coming back to marci though. Most of their posting is like. Putting on an appearance of content without actually doing much, it's supported by the Hiraki kill, and I just can't find anyone looking worse.
I didn't peg you for such a heavy NKA user! For what it's worth I agree Hiraki was pushable, I'm not sure why he was the kill and I have just decided I'm not going to let that influence me too much. If you're confused as to why Hiraki was the kill, maybe just let that go?

Talk to me about why marci looks worse that everyone else to you?
Aus I can see you townreading. I'm lowkey thinking Meg is town. I'm confused as to why you seem so certain that Herta and Johnny look better.
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:38 pm

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

In post 435, MegAzumarill wrote:Full disclosure here, I did want someone to put Juice at E-1 when I unvoted, so that I could give intent and watch the resulting fireworks. Didn't work out that way though.
I fully believe this to be true holy shit
Phone posting. Low effort, big fun.
"In my heart, Johnny will always be scum" - Not_Mafia
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2022 2:47 pm

Post by marcistar »

i am uninterested in this game and i wont hide that
being sused for 0 reason is just so tiring

Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2022 3:02 pm

Post by Ircher »

Prodding Ausuka. She has until August 30, 2022 9:00 PM CDT (GMT-5:00) or in (expired on 2022-08-30 21:00:00) to respond in-thread before I seek a replacement.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2022 4:48 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 437, Aisa wrote:
In post 433, Radical Rat wrote:On a reread of D1, I'm mostly just more confused. I don't actually think it would have been that hard for scum to push him today if they'd wanted to. His argument with me was pedantic and just generally bad, and the comment on expecting Juice to flip Town could probably have been spun as a TMI thing were they so inclined.

I didn't peg you for such a heavy NKA user! For what it's worth I agree Hiraki was pushable, I'm not sure why he was the kill and I have just decided I'm not going to let that influence me too much. If you're confused as to why Hiraki was the kill, maybe just let that go?

Talk to me about why marci looks worse that everyone else to you?
Aus I can see you townreading. I'm lowkey thinking Meg is town. I'm confused as to why you seem so certain that Herta and Johnny look better.
Honestly, I don't normally lean so heavily on NKA, I just feel like there isn't enough of anything else to go off of.
With marci, it's like. The argument with Ausuka is mostly fluff, but as I've said before looks worse for her than it does Ausuka. Kill doesn't make sense to me if none of Hiraki's scumreads were accurate, because he could have been pushed himself, or simply exploited to push wagons for scum to safely sheep if he was completely wrong. And then in general, marci's posting doesn't really seem geared toward sorting or progressing the game, except for her post-prod wall. There isn't really anything that screams scum at me, but there's enough that doesn't scream Town.

Regarding Herta, it really isn't that strong a read, but with the exception of his RVS posting, his thoughts and reads feel real. I highlighted questioning Johnny's Juice read in particular because it's the kind of post scum has no reason to make, but the rest of his posts also just look... fine. Nothing to really rouse suspicion beyond his opening yet.

Johnny's catch-up was good I think, I'm always partial to that kind of stream of consciousness deal because I think it's hard for scum to effectively fake. And since then kind of a similar deal. Posts look believable enough, nothing in particular jumps out at me yet.

I'd really like to see more from both of them, but then that's a bit hypocritical of me with how my activity's been lately. We can't ALL just do the wait and see approach, but I just don't really see any threads worth pulling so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2022 12:56 am

Post by marcistar »

asuska is scum question mark

Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:10 am

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 442, marcistar wrote:asuska is scum question mark
Why?

Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:10 am

Post by Radical Rat »

Why?

Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:19 am

Post by Ausuka »

Why?
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:22 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 426, Aisa wrote:Ausuka hasn't really shown much sign that they're re-evaluating their read on RR after my comments. It could be that they are engaging with the game just not explicitly talking about this in their posts, it could be that they're just busy etc. but on the whole this seems +scum, they seem pretty comfortable there.
I'm comfortable on RR because I don't really have any alternative targets primarily

I'm not super sure RR is scum but there are a lot of people who I would rate around neutral. Like I don't think I know how to read Johnny or Marci very well for example
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2022 4:36 am

Post by Ausuka »

I think Johnny feels scummy actually but I might be biased because he was scum last game
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2022 5:11 am

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 447, Ausuka wrote:I think Johnny feels scummy actually but I might be biased because he was scum last game
Anything in particular making him look scummy for you?

Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2022 5:36 am

Post by Ausuka »

If I had to put a finger on it he feels overly equivocal. The semi push on Marci where he's like "she might be scum but I can't push her", the read on Herta in 385 and the callout of Meg without ever really talking about them, all feels kind of eh.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”