Open 862: Diffusion of Power (Game Over)

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2275 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 3:00 am

Post by Something_Smart »

VC 3.5
Kop (3)- Not_Mafia, Gamma Emerald, PenguinPower
PenguinPower (2)- NorwegianboyEE, Bellaphant
NorwegianboyEE (2)- BlueBloodedToffee, Somnus

Not voting (2)- Enchant, Kop

With 9 alive it takes 5 to reach a majority.

Deadline is in (expired on 2022-09-07 17:00:00)

Mod notes: Happy September. Fun fact: the month of September gets its name from the root "sept-" meaning "seven", and the suffix "-ember" meaning "plus two".
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2276 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 3:17 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 2272, Bellaphant wrote:That's really interesting (I know that sounds sarcastic), because it felt very different to me? It felt like the wagon could've literally gone either way Ans then suddenly with very little 'reason' a bunch of votes moved in what felt like a really quick time - certainly between me checking the thread and then it being hammered next time I checked. Jumping on for town cred there looked like an ideal opportunity - I think I'd have done it as scum, I guess.
It
could
have gone either way (so why would scum!penguin shift it back to my partner - the crux of mine and n_m's town!penguin argument), but the game was stagnant in terms of the nonvoters not voting and people parked on wagons and there were like 3 hours left in the day. I'll give you Gamma hopped on fast after my vote, but again, we were pushing toward a no-elim.

The wagon itself did not move fast and certainly "a bunch of votes" did not move in a quick amount of time. I shifted and non-voting Gamma voted.
<(") | (")>
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2277 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:05 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

VOTE: Kop
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2278 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:21 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2270, Bellaphant wrote:My problem is that none of the three people who moved their vote weirdly at the end of the day (pp, gamma and bbt) are acknowledging that the wagon moved fast, that it would've been an opportune bus, etc. Especially bbt, who's decided instead that there has to be scum on the other wagon, which feels convenient.

@gamma, talk to me about your vote?
my jake vote or my kop vote?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2279 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:26 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1828, Gamma Emerald wrote:VOTE: Jake
Whatever
I honestly understand being sussed for this but nancy drew was kinda not giving me much to work with (tbh my play has kinda been joined at the hip to her which is why I've been lost today), she was calling enchant town despite me still thinking enchant was sus and nancy having said she trusts my read there, and she was unable to think of any other suspects so at this point I was like "let's just end the day and maybe new ideas will come about once some more flips occur"
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2280 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:33 am

Post by Somnus »

I got violently ill yesterday evening. Dunno why. Feeling significantly better today but probably not gonna have much to say here at the moment. I'll make it brief:

I'm convinced Kop is going to flip town, and it certainly isn't based on play. Hard to make much of a case for someone who posts once every 2-3 days. I went back and ISO'ed every game Goldfish has on site, which, admittedly, is pretty silly since she had a whopping 10 posts in this game. Aside from the fact that she has admitted she likes making risky gambles like this as scum, familiarity with her tells me that slot has a pretty decent chance of being town.

When I'm stumped on someone, I pull up their ISO and look for certain verbal (textual) phrases, buzzwords, certain grammatical things that are missing, and certain grammatical things that are present. I'm not going to elaborate on this, because it's going to botch its effective use both in this game and in subsequent games if I spill the beans. I did so for Kop and again, my conclusion is that he's probably town. That's the extent of a defense I'm willing to put together for someone who has put less than the bare minimum into this game.

If that's the flip the majority decides to go with, fine. If it flips town, I guess at the very least you know 100% that I'm town. If it flips mafia, I'll gladly take the suspicion tomorrow as a more than worthy trade for getting a 2nd scum out of the game. Proceed as you choose. I need to rest. Still not feeling 100%, but I'm around if anyone requests/needs me.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2281 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:37 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

I'd much prefer the Norwee wagon but no-one is moving.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #2282 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:42 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 2280, Somnus wrote:I got violently ill yesterday evening.
Cross-contamination maybe, i can't even swallow without cringing because my throat is so sore right now.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #2283 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:43 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 2281, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I'd much prefer the Norwee wagon but no-one is moving.
Not really feeling either.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #2284 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:46 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 2235, Gamma Emerald wrote:Kop slot I think might be revolving-door-scum
What does this mean? I never heard this term before.

- Bunno
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2285 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:54 am

Post by Somnus »

In post 2282, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 2280, Somnus wrote:I got violently ill yesterday evening.
Cross-contamination maybe, i can't even swallow without cringing because my throat is so sore right now.
You poisoned my food, didn't you? :eek:
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2286 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:15 am

Post by Enchant »

It's prodge

Ik Kop is last town cop mafia will claim doctors afterwards
Do sometging with it

Sorry will post tomorrow
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2287 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:36 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2284, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 2235, Gamma Emerald wrote:Kop slot I think might be revolving-door-scum
What does this mean? I never heard this term before.
it's a slot that has basically no impact on the game either by getting chronically replaced or the inhabitant(s) just constantly lurking
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2288 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:37 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2286, Enchant wrote:Ik Kop is last town cop mafia will claim doctors afterwards
Do sometging with it
what does this mean?
<Embrace The Void>

Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #2289 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:54 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 2286, Enchant wrote:It's prodge

Ik Kop is last town cop mafia will claim doctors afterwards
Do sometging with it

Sorry will post tomorrow
Is this a slip that Enchant knows the number of cops and docs?

We have 3 cops flipped and Kop claimed, so does Enchant know there's 4 cops? :o :?
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2290 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:49 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Doubt it
<Embrace The Void>

PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #2291 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:36 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Pretty sure he’s saying that because we hit the min cop reveal scum is going to claim doc so they don’t have to produce results.

Idk. That’s what I’d do. Enchant is hard to parse.

Ofc, that assumes Kop didn’t fake claim N1 cop so the assumption is faulty until a flip.
<(") | (")>
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2292 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:14 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

@ gamma, the cop vote. I think out of the three votes that I found Sus on Jake, bbts was the worst at the time Ans the worst in hindsight.

@penguin, thanks!

I don't think enchants was a slip, I think it was a general theory thing? They seem to have their head around set up quite well.
I wish I had more thoughts on kop.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2293 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:14 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

UNVOTE:
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2294 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:17 pm

Post by Enchant »

If Kop is town Cop, then there's possibility (like 25%?) of no other cops.
Therefore massclaim should confirm them as town in that case, But, Mafia worth their salt will not allow that and fakeclaim cop as well. They forced to claim Inno/Guilty result on someone though or explain why mafia won't blast them afterwards.

After last Cop die, mafia will lose all sense to claim cops and provide results, and simple claim Docs, making them indifferent with real docs.
As bonus, Somnus probably die.

Of course it's possible Kop is not last cop, or they are not cop at all, or mafia can still claim Cops even if no other real cops remain and whatever.

I think eliming other mafia autowins game, because allows safe massclaim, so it's not worth pursuing Kop even if you suspect them (Kop!maf will lose on massclaim almost guarantee). Liming Town!Kop is potentually more damaging.

Of course, ya can just ignore me, because, eh, 25%. If Kop flips mafia, i applaud, but if not i WILL say "i told so noobs". Unless i am shot. Which I guarantee will not happen. I am stuck with you.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2295 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:47 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2292, Bellaphant wrote:@ gamma, the cop vote. I think out of the three votes that I found Sus on Jake, bbts was the worst at the time Ans the worst in hindsight.

@penguin, thanks!

I don't think enchants was a slip, I think it was a general theory thing? They seem to have their head around set up quite well.
I wish I had more thoughts on kop.
The main idea is that slot seems impossible to resolve without either wasting a cop shot or killing it off, and Kop is a claimed n1 cop so the mechanical utility of the slot has passed
Like, Kop doesn’t exactly feel interested in being readable and scum aren’t gonna kill him like ever as a result.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2296 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:49 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2294, Enchant wrote:(Kop!maf will lose on massclaim almost guarantee).
How
<Embrace The Void>

Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2297 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:11 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Fair, I hadn't processed what would happen if the slot was left alone all game, but you are right .plus, Enchant seems to be saying we have less cops anyway?
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2298 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:30 am

Post by Enchant »

In post 2296, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2294, Enchant wrote:(Kop!maf will lose on massclaim almost guarantee).
How
So uh.
If Kop is mafia, then there must be other Cop to hit minumum quota. Maybe even more.

If only one maf remains, we can 100% believe in Cop checks.

Mafia have nowhere to hide.

??????

Profitz
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng