Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1425 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 3:59 pm

Post by Fredrick A Campbell »

In post 1423, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:
In post 1421, Toogeloo wrote:
In post 1420, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:Also, while I am not opposed to a Vivax execution, I would like some pressure on Sara as well.
Like competing wagons?
Sure.
If my reads don't change, I won't mind leaving the decision for which of the two gets executed to someone else.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1426 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:01 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1422, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:Toogeloo and tictac are still townreads.

to clarify what I mean by townread. townread - player who is more likely than "random" to be town in my estimate.
Disclaimer: I am aware this definition is not rigorous as "random" in a situation where you don't know what is the probability for a random situation makes it such that the comparison is not concrete. I don't see the point in coming up with a rigorous definition as this standard of mine has served me well in many games, although I don't recall that I have been calling it a townread before this.
This is going way over my head
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Fredrick A Campbell
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1427 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:08 pm

Spoiler: post 1424 by Legends
In post 1424, Legends wrote:
In post 1420, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:Also, while I am not opposed to a Vivax execution, I would like some pressure on Sara as well.
"I am aligned with Vivax and wish to appear as though I am not aligned with Vivax" Fred says.

-Frog

I have kind of decided it is not helpful to make this argument as it doesn't really have a bearing on alignment because any decision to support or oppose a wagon could be interpreted such that the person making the decision is aligned with the player being wagoned.

To make my point simpler to understand, let's have two players with usernames C and B. A wagon forms on C. If B decides to support the wagon on C, it can be argued that B is aligned with C just as you are doing. If B decides to oppose the wagon on C, it can also be argued that B is aligned with C.

If my last paragraph is somehow unclear and yet still more concrete examples are required, I am under the impression someone who understood my last paragraph could give a more concrete example of my argument.
Fredrick A Campbell
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1428 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:12 pm

Spoiler: post 1426 by Gamma Emerald
In post 1426, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1422, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:Toogeloo and tictac are still townreads.

to clarify what I mean by townread. townread - player who is more likely than "random" to be town in my estimate.
Disclaimer: I am aware this definition is not rigorous as "random" in a situation where you don't know what is the probability for a random situation makes it such that the comparison is not concrete. I don't see the point in coming up with a rigorous definition as this standard of mine has served me well in many games, although I don't recall that I have been calling it a townread before this.
This is going way over my head

The disclaimer part is not that important.

If the "more likely than "random"" part is going over your head, just imagine the probability that a player would be town in a game where the alignments are randomly assigned. What a townread is in my definition is that the player has a probability greater than that probability.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #1429 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:25 pm

Post by Vivax »

In post 1427, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:
"I am aligned with Vivax and wish to appear as though I am not aligned with Vivax" Fred says.

-Frog

I have kind of decided it is not helpful to make this argument as it doesn't really have a bearing on alignment because any decision to support or oppose a wagon could be interpreted such that the person making the decision is aligned with the player being wagoned.

To make my point simpler to understand, let's have two players with usernames C and B. A wagon forms on C. If B decides to support the wagon on C, it can be argued that B is aligned with C just as you are doing. If B decides to oppose the wagon on C, it can also be argued that B is aligned with C.

If my last paragraph is somehow unclear and yet still more concrete examples are required, I am under the impression someone who understood my last paragraph could give a more concrete example of my argument.
VOTE: Fred

Is this concrete?
Fredrick A Campbell
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1430 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:34 pm

Spoiler: post 1429 by Vivax
In post 1429, Vivax wrote:

-Frog
[/spoiler

VOTE: Fred

Is this concrete?

Depends what "this" is referring to.

Answer is obviously yes if "this" is referring to concrete or something concrete.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1431 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:50 pm

Post by Vivax »

In post 93, Nomsy wrote:im back :3
In post 66, Enchant wrote:So.

If 18 player summoned by trainer (which idk), do you think they share alignments?
i will not tell u my identity but i will tell u i am ur super secret tpr
Mala controls Nomsy then?

I don't know who was the last who suggested Dunn was mafia but I highly doubt that as they've been very vocal about this being a controlled slot
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1432 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:50 pm

Post by Vivax »

In post 93, Nomsy wrote:im back :3
In post 66, Enchant wrote:So.

If 18 player summoned by trainer (which idk), do you think they share alignments?
i will not tell u my identity but i will tell u i am ur super secret tpr
Mala controls Nomsy then?

I don't know who was the last who suggested Dunn was mafia but I highly doubt that as they've been very vocal about this being a controlled slot
Fredrick A Campbell
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1433 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:59 pm

Spoiler: post 1427 by Fredrick A Campbell

-Frog
[/spoiler

While what I wrote in the post I quoted is how I think of why the argument in Legend's post 1424 (accessible through the spoiler of post 1427) could not be used to draw any conclusions about alignment, I think a stronger argument could be made. This argument is detailed below.

Given the fact that I support Vivax's wagon, it can be argued both that I am not aligned with Vivax and that I am aligned with Vivax. This is because of WIFOM. Because both arguments could be made, the fact that I support Vivax's wagon is, alone, not enough to draw any conclusions about my alignment.

Postscript: I would have written a more general statement, but general statements are apparently more difficult for everyone I know of (including myself) to understand and for me, while a general statement is more rigorous in the scenarios it covers, it takes a lot more time to formulate accurately. Given a specific scenario, a general scenario can be made more easily. It should be noted that generalisation of a specific scenario is not always correct. For example, the shirt is red can be generalised to everything is red.
Fredrick A Campbell
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1434 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:02 pm

I forgot to mention that since we have 4 24-hour days left, we should take the next 2 24-hour days to decide who we want to execute. I am obviously willing to vote with intent to execute Sara and Vivax among a few other players.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1435 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:06 pm

Post by Vivax »

When I see your posts, I spot tautological intent Fred
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1436 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:55 pm

Post by Enchant »

I received some shell which protects from kills
Sara
Sara
Goon
Sara
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1437 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:59 pm

Post by Sara »

becuase of cybernetic shell III
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1438 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:20 pm

Post by Enchant »

It was obvious joke.

Like i would tell you all.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1439 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:32 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 883, tictac wrote:
In post 881, MeekMeerkat wrote:
In post 880, tictac wrote:
In post 878, Legends wrote:
@Tic tac can you post a reads list?

-Frog
i'm not organized enough atm
do you have a scumread who isn't gamma
ya, ndmath, and dunn was one, but i liked his handling of the mastina situation.
there's an element of omgus in both reads tho, so hard to say if i'm being objective.
Just noticed this; I don't believe I've pushed tictac this game so it's weird that they've described their read on me as omgus
Fredrick A Campbell
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1440 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:55 pm

To those who are not voting Vivax or myself,

I implore you to state whether or not you would be voting for either of us if we didn't have this many votes on us. If your vote wouldn't be on us either way, who would you like to vote (if you aren't voting anyone already)
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1441 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:09 pm

Post by Enchant »

I would vote for you.
Probably not Vivax though.
MeekMeerkat
MeekMeerkat
He
Goon
MeekMeerkat
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1442 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:45 pm

Post by MeekMeerkat »

In post 1419, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:
In post 1418, MeekMeerkat wrote:Feel good about this elim & about the augment. I think Legends is fully town. Tictac might be town actually. If I’m reading the game right, scum has an uphill battle
So, why do
you
think tictac is town?
Certainly nothing to do with tictac ever having a “high posting rate” like you’d said in the hood. seemed sorta believable as reads
A low effort alt
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1443 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:55 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1440, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:To those who are not voting Vivax or myself,

I implore you to state whether or not you would be voting for either of us if we didn't have this many votes on us. If your vote wouldn't be on us either way, who would you like to vote (if you aren't voting anyone already)
idg why you’re being wagoned and I need to parse Vivax’s posting again
So the number of voters isn’t why I’m not voting
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1444 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:05 am

Post by Dunnstral »

I get why Vivax is being wagoned (their rushed vote to end the day) but I don't agree with it. I don't remember the reasons to vote Frederick.
Fredrick A Campbell
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1445 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:18 am

Spoiler: post 1442 by MeekMeerkat
In post 1442, MeekMeerkat wrote:
In post 1419, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:
In post 1418, MeekMeerkat wrote:Feel good about this elim & about the augment. I think Legends is fully town. Tictac might be town actually. If I’m reading the game right, scum has an uphill battle
So, why do
you
think tictac is town?
Certainly nothing to do with tictac ever having a “high posting rate” like you’d said in the hood. seemed sorta believable as reads

I was talking about a high posting rate early in the game. Looking back, that was only a brief flurry of posts, so that reason isn't very justified. Although that reason came first in my post in the neighbourhood, the second reason in that post was my primary reason for townreading tictac. I was under the impression that just a feel that the posts are coming from town wasn't exactly a very good reason to give for a townread when I made that post, but maybe it is if that is the true reason.
Fredrick A Campbell
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1446 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:18 am

In post 1444, Dunnstral wrote:I get why Vivax is being wagoned (their rushed vote to end the day) but I don't agree with it. I don't remember the reasons to vote Frederick.
Nomsy started it. Sara joined.
Fredrick A Campbell
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1447 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:20 am

Does anyone have a player they feel strongly about executing?
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1448 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:33 am

Post by Vivax »

In post 1447, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:Does anyone have a player they feel strongly about executing?
I dislike Marcis vote on Dunnstral, but I find it hard to motivate myself to put in more elaborate while I've got the Damocles sword over me
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1449 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:33 am

Post by Vivax »

more elaborate work*