Mini 2282 | Masqué | Postgame

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Masquerader Purple
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:51 pm

Post by Masquerader Purple »

In post 399, Masquerader Magenta wrote:I think it's increasingly clear that purple is not an invite and Thier flip would conf town blue at the least.
It sounds like teal's activity has increased in your hood because they know they will win the game once our pair is killed.
Masquerader Purple
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:53 pm

Unfortunately it is not enough for you to be willing to self hammer, magenta, red must also be willing to self hammer in order for us to eliminate both of the intruders.
Masquerader Purple
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:54 pm

In post 382, Masquerader Red wrote:I think we need to identify T v T hood. Everyone else should leave. Towards that end, might be best if Magenta. I am worried about that given the last flip.
What progress have you made in identifying the invitee invitee pair, new red?
Masquerader Purple
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:06 pm

In post 393, Masquerader Blue wrote:purple do you have thoughts or reads about what to do atp?
I have seen this and am choosing not to respond. From this point onward I only require this thread for communication with magenta and red. You may do about as you wish to forage for my identity but it will not be revealed to you.
Masquerader Purple
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:12 pm

At the moment my greatest wish is to speak with red.
Masquerader Olive
Masquerader Olive
Townie
Masquerader Olive
Townie
Townie

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:19 pm

Post by Masquerader Olive »

In post 399, Masquerader Magenta wrote:I think it's increasingly clear that purple is not an invite and Thier flip would conf town blue at the least.
If by “theorycrafting”, you mean find out the tvt couple well
purple posted something recently in our pt that made my invitee read on them stronger than it was. I won’t say here what it was because I don’t want to do anything to put either of us at risk for the automan mechanic
Is no one bothering to read my posts? If this didn’t have the guess mechanic, I could pretty much convince the other invutees but we would then die, so invitees are basically fucked, so gg intruders. I’m not going to waste anymore time on this game if invitees are just going to be content to hand the game over to the intruders. Vote us then and don’t blame us for the loss.
Masquerader Olive
Masquerader Olive
Townie
Masquerader Olive
Townie
Townie

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:42 pm

Post by Masquerader Olive »

I realize that I’m probably being unfair because none of you have access to our pt and perhaps if I didn’t, I maybe wouldn’t know what to think of purple but I do and no way does intruder purple make the posts in our pt that they are. I am not being pocketed in there and if cyan and yellow were still in the game, I wouldn’t care but I know I’m not wrong here but you need to pay attention the most to what’s happening in your pts because intruders cannot fake the degree of genuine solving that both me and purple are doing in ours. So, I will just straight out let the cat out if the bag. I know who purple is and that is my strongest reason for invitee reading them and unfortunately that’s all I can post about that in the main thread. If you either wrongly think I’m intruder or I don’t know what I’m talking about then I don’t know what to tell you but purple doesn’t make the kinds of posts in our pt as intruder. They just don’t. I’m kicking myself also but it was me who stupidly got cyan and yellow wrong, not purple.
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:18 am

Post by Masquerader Blue »

I am willing to leave if the two of you convince me you are both town after we vote out the other pair
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:25 am

VOTE: teal/magenta

i am voting this basically because the level of ate coming from purple/olive is disgusting if s/s
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:29 am

In post 406, Masquerader Olive wrote:I realize that I’m probably being unfair because none of you have access to our pt and perhaps if I didn’t, I maybe wouldn’t know what to think of purple but I do and no way does intruder purple make the posts in our pt that they are. I am not being pocketed in there and if cyan and yellow were still in the game, I wouldn’t care but I know I’m not wrong here but you need to pay attention the most to what’s happening in your pts because intruders cannot fake the degree of genuine solving that both me and purple are doing in ours. So, I will just straight out let the cat out if the bag. I know who purple is and that is my strongest reason for invitee reading them and unfortunately that’s all I can post about that in the main thread. If you either wrongly think I’m intruder or I don’t know what I’m talking about then I don’t know what to tell you but purple doesn’t make the kinds of posts in our pt as intruder. They just don’t. I’m kicking myself also but it was me who stupidly got cyan and yellow wrong, not purple.
how often are you wrong when you are at this level of confidence?

dont tell me because i dont want you to tell everyone who you are

i am pretty sure i already know

be honest with yourself about how accurate you actually are

think to every time you had a strong read and are wrong

i am willing to leave if you are sure and say nothing of it
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:31 am

like its so disrespectful to everyone else playing to be like oh just trust me only my opinion matters but if thats how you two want to approach this game i am willing to accomodate it because I frankly do not care enough about arguing over this.
Masquerader Red
Masquerader Red
Townie
Masquerader Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2022 2:43 am

Post by Masquerader Red »

I'm leaning towards following magenta here. I think it's purple with either teal or olive.

Olive has been doing gotcha style posting over hunting. First Olive treated Blue's thoughts different than mine. I have expressed few reads since coming in. Yet, Blue is the suspicious one after Blue expresses thoughts on purple olive being svs. Olive then asks Teal what happened to a gut read from pages ago.

Purple's attitude to selectively cut off communication doesn't sit well with me. I find it ironic that olive has such a high townread on purple based on meta, but purple attempts to selectively limit that information.

Then, teal is posting things that feel accurate in their own defense. They feel lackluster.

I feel a t v t pair is me and blue. The problem is that I feel the scum in purple/olive have tilted blue off his axis. So if we assume teal scum, eliminate and get t v s. Then more ate from purple and olive, blue leaves because he feels persuading the town in purple and olive to leave is impossible. So we just lose based off of that. Purple's attempt to shut down communication, rather than foster it only drives home this point.

So right now I am at blue and magenta town, 2 out of 3 scum in the others.
Masquerader Red
Masquerader Red
Townie
Masquerader Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2022 2:44 am

In post 405, Masquerader Olive wrote:Vote us then and don’t blame us for the loss.
I don't bite on AtE. Ask again and I will vote you.
Masquerader Magenta
Masquerader Magenta
Townie
Masquerader Magenta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2022 3:21 am

Post by Masquerader Magenta »

I'm not convinced about teal at all, but olives recent posting is putting me off. I strongly think, and have thought for a long time, that red/blue is the t t pair.

I'm trying to figure out the automaton shit. Olive is basically saying that purple has to be town, because they've as near as shared i.d.s in the PT? They each know each others?

Why the ever living fuck would you do that? Where is the Pro town in that? This feels very much a scum move, locking down the 'truth' to one pt.

I can't see why you'd reveal that much in thread either? If I'm relatively sure of who blue is (I'm not, this is imagine), Ans they know for 100% who red is, that narrows down red by loads.

Am I crazy? This game makes me feel crazy. I'm not voting for blue or red, I'm really sorry if I'm wrong.
Masquerader Purple
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:03 am

In post 411, Masquerader Red wrote:Purple's attitude to selectively cut off communication doesn't sit well with me. I find it ironic that olive has such a high townread on purple based on meta, but purple attempts to selectively limit that information.
New red, I have no interest in interacting with a player who I have already determined to be intruder and I know is interested in discovering my identity.

The identities of the intruders are easier for me to understand because I have been playing this game since the beginning and have put a lot of time into understanding what is going on.

Currently I am interested only in interacting with you enough that you can understand my thought process and why you should not trust blue.
Masquerader Purple
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:22 am

In post 411, Masquerader Red wrote:I feel a t v t pair is me and blue. The problem is that I feel the scum in purple/olive have tilted blue off his axis. So if we assume teal scum, eliminate and get t v s. Then more ate from purple and olive, blue leaves because he feels persuading the town in purple and olive to leave is impossible. So we just lose based off of that. Purple's attempt to shut down communication, rather than foster it only drives home this point.
This criticism is unfair, I am not ate and my intention is not to shut down lines of communication, but to open lines of communication where they will be effective toward winning the game. I have a different point of view because I have been playing this game since the beginning and have been able to interact with many players. It's bad faith to assume I am an intruder when we have not interacted at all and you really do not know what I have to say.

For example, my interactions with your predecessor, old red, have allowed me to be much more confident your slot is invitee than I would have been entering this game after pairs had already been made. If you look back at the progression of blue, you will see that the slot has been absent for most of the game, which is largely why they were able to avoid suspicion for so long. The largest mistake that was made in this game was by old red and I in overvaluing the initial post by the first player (of three) to play the blue slot. Had we not assumed that post came from invitee, the blue slot would not been allowed to coast through the entire pairing phrase and get paired with an obv-invitee slot like yours.

I would like to communicate with you and have no interest in communicating with blue or teal. I believe it's in your best interest to not write me off as an intruder because you really have not had a chance to interact with me yet at all.

Does what I'm saying so far sound fair to you, red?
Masquerader Red
Masquerader Red
Townie
Masquerader Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:30 am

In post 413, Masquerader Magenta wrote:I'm trying to figure out the automaton shit. Olive is basically saying that purple has to be town, because they've as near as shared i.d.s in the PT? They each know each others?

Why the ever living fuck would you do that? Where is the Pro town in that? This feels very much a scum move, locking down the 'truth' to one pt.

I can't see why you'd reveal that much in thread either? If I'm relatively sure of who blue is (I'm not, this is imagine), Ans they know for 100% who red is, that narrows down red by loads.
I don't get the huge concern or advantage in knowing your partner's identity. I didn't read it as they outright claimed to each other as that is foolish. If your partner is scum, all that does is give them the tools to narrow fown everyone else. They have lost the pretense of someone putting on a show. I can't see how that turns protown.

As for knowing me, I'm trying to hide my identity but it's not something I do. I'd most likely play for hiding blue's.
Masquerader Red
Masquerader Red
Townie
Masquerader Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:32 am

In post 414, Masquerader Purple wrote:
In post 411, Masquerader Red wrote:Purple's attitude to selectively cut off communication doesn't sit well with me. I find it ironic that olive has such a high townread on purple based on meta, but purple attempts to selectively limit that information.
New red, I have no interest in interacting with a player who I have already determined to be intruder and I know is interested in discovering my identity.

The identities of the intruders are easier for me to understand because I have been playing this game since the beginning and have put a lot of time into understanding what is going on.

Currently I am interested only in interacting with you enough that you can understand my thought process and why you should not trust blue.
Interacting with the thread as a whole comes with the risk of outing identities, so I don't get this.

I also don't get the hyper defense of Olive given their attempt on a gotcha on Teal. Regardless of Teal's alignment, that looks pretty fake.
Masquerader Red
Masquerader Red
Townie
Masquerader Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:36 am

In post 415, Masquerader Purple wrote:I would like to communicate with you and have no interest in communicating with blue or teal. I believe it's in your best interest to not write me off as an intruder because you really have not had a chance to interact with me yet at all.

Here's the problem.

I don't care for you being unwilling to reassess Olive. This feels less like a conversation and more like you pushing a solve onto me, namely that you and Olive are T v T.

You have to meet me as I am and talk about my concerns rather than just hoping I see blue's absence at some point is scummy.
Masquerader Teal
Masquerader Teal
Townie
Masquerader Teal
Townie
Townie

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:43 am

Post by Masquerader Teal »

I don't see why having a gut read 8 days ago has to equate to a strong read now. Not sure what else to tell you, but things change.

VOTE: Purple/olive
Masquerader Purple
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:43 am

In post 417, Masquerader Red wrote:I also don't get the hyper defense of Olive given their attempt on a gotcha on Teal. Regardless of Teal's alignment, that looks pretty fake.
I understand what you're saying and I believe it's logical for you to assume that, though it is incorrect and will explain why.

Olive is frustrated because the teal slot has been viewed as an intruder for most of the game and it has become increasingly obvious to them over time which alignment the slot is playing as. Also, the blue slot wasn't playing for most of the pairing phase and was incorrectly assessed by old red and I (not olive) to be invitee based on the content of the first and only post by the original blue player. New cyan was the first player other than olive to seriously consider that blue might be an intruder. Once I interacted with new cyan and considered what they had to say, olive and I saw eye to eye we became excited because we realized we had solved the game. Now, olive is frustrated because they feel like you have been pocketed by the blue player and we will lose because you will not listen to what we have to say. That is the reason for olive's ate and emotional outburst.
Masquerader Red
Masquerader Red
Townie
Masquerader Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:48 am

In post 85, Masquerader Purple wrote:
In post 76, Masquerader Green wrote:
VOTE: Masquerader Yellow

This is where my suspicions point me currently. I do not trust the way they took Purple's post out of context.
In post 82, Masquerader Green wrote:oh I thought this was just gonna be a regular game, huh
UNVOTE: Masquerader Yellow
Green doesn't want to appear aligned with yellow
, and yellow is an intruder; therefore I am deducing that the intruders are green and yellow. Olive was my red herring and teal was red's red herring.

Offer hand: Red

Offer hand: Olive

Offer hand: Blue

Offer hand: Teal

Offer hand: Magenta
Purple's first offer happens to be every player left alive in the game. That would be an odd coinicidence.

Their acceptance might be coordinated. Based on their own admissions

1) Purple did an about face on Olive.
2) Olive originally wanted to pair with red supposedly but changed his mind.
3) Purple wanted hard to identify people to pair with easy to identify people but currently rests on meta knowledge for Olive town.
4) Olive asks Purple to retract invites and Olive accepts 4 minutes later. The rationale is the thought process looked invitee.
5) The awkward you were right I was town.

VOTE: Purple/Olive

I think I want to see this through.
Masquerader Red
Masquerader Red
Townie
Masquerader Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:50 am

In post 419, Masquerader Teal wrote:I don't see why having a gut read 8 days ago has to equate to a strong read now. Not sure what else to tell you, but things change.

VOTE: Purple/olive
This ninja is a bit worrying if Blue is scum but I don't see Teal scum making an agressive move.
Masquerader Red
Masquerader Red
Townie
Masquerader Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:52 am

In post 420, Masquerader Purple wrote:
In post 417, Masquerader Red wrote:I also don't get the hyper defense of Olive given their attempt on a gotcha on Teal. Regardless of Teal's alignment, that looks pretty fake.
I understand what you're saying and I believe it's logical for you to assume that, though it is incorrect and will explain why.

Olive is frustrated because the teal slot has been viewed as an intruder for most of the game and it has become increasingly obvious to them over time which alignment the slot is playing as. Also, the blue slot wasn't playing for most of the pairing phase and was incorrectly assessed by old red and I (not olive) to be invitee based on the content of the first and only post by the original blue player. New cyan was the first player other than olive to seriously consider that blue might be an intruder. Once I interacted with new cyan and considered what they had to say, olive and I saw eye to eye we became excited because we realized we had solved the game. Now, olive is frustrated because they feel like you have been pocketed by the blue player and we will lose because you will not listen to what we have to say. That is the reason for olive's ate and emotional outburst.
I have to be skeptical of any generic universal read given no intruder flips. Could teal be scum, sure?

I also didn't see a push on cyan which I'd expect if Blue was an intruder.
Masquerader Purple
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:55 am

In post 418, Masquerader Red wrote:
In post 415, Masquerader Purple wrote:I would like to communicate with you and have no interest in communicating with blue or teal. I believe it's in your best interest to not write me off as an intruder because you really have not had a chance to interact with me yet at all.

Here's the problem.

I don't care for you being unwilling to reassess Olive. This feels less like a conversation and more like you pushing a solve onto me, namely that you and Olive are T v T.

You have to meet me as I am and talk about my concerns rather than just hoping I see blue's absence at some point is scummy.
I understand where you are coming from and we are similar in that I have had a very difficult time understanding olive. If you look at the beginning of the game, my instincts from the get go were to intruder read olive, and had I not been talked down by old red that we were TvT, I may have never realized who they are and reassessed that they may be invitee.

In fact, not only did I struggle with olive's alignment at the beginning of the game, my interactions with new cyan caused me to reconsider again because new cyan tried to persuade me that blue and teal can not be paired.

However, I did not like blue's reaction when I revealed to them their invitee read on teal is based on mechanically incorrect information, they did not seem like they were really emotionally invested in their read at all, and I felt confident they were intruder based on their play at the beginning of the second session and their reaction to cyan and yellow being flipped. That was the last straw for me in accepting that olive is an invitee and blue is not.

So in summary, I understand that it is difficult to invitee read olive and that it is bad play to assume they are invitee and blue is not. Fortunately, that is not the way I am playing this game, and I have continually reassessed olive's alignment throughout this game. As I mentioned before, my biggest mistake this game was not applying this same methodology to blue, as old red and I were unwilling to reconsider on them being invitee because we liked their first post so much.

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”