Blair~
Townie
Blair~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:49 am

Post by Blair~ »

In post 268, Childs~ wrote:
In post 267, Norris~ wrote:why didnt i just... try harder to appear town so I wouldnt have to changeling?
because you are too bad to do that. prove me wrong

If Thing Norris is incapable of not trolling I'm not sure how jumping into another body is going to change anything
Clark~
Clark~
they/she
Townie
Clark~
they/she
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: they/she

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:51 am

Post by Clark~ »

In post 273, Blair~ wrote:
In post 240, Clark~ wrote:I've finished reading but mostly just skim read the last few pages coz I got bored
VOTE: Copper

can you explain this vote?
Not vibing with them and their reads are different to mine.
I wanted to have a vote somewhere
Blair~
Blair~
Townie
Blair~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:52 am

Post by Blair~ »

which read did you disagree with and why does it make them mafia?
Clark~
Clark~
they/she
Townie
Clark~
they/she
Townie
Townie

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:53 am

Post by Clark~ »

In post 269, Windows~ wrote:
In post 265, Childs~ wrote:I can see "Norris" dying and replacing someone in the roster as his strategy for this behavior, I didn't vote him right after that act because wey had'nt heard from Clark
On the flip side if he's town he's a pretty easy target for scum to assimilate. Alternate between snarky posts and copying other people's posts and no one would know the difference.
On a similar flip side, if he's town and starts solving and not trolling later on someone might case that as having been assimilated
Clark~
Clark~
they/she
Townie
Clark~
they/she
Townie
Townie

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:54 am

Post by Clark~ »

In post 277, Blair~ wrote:which read did you disagree with and why does it make them mafia?
Garry and it doesn't. I don't have a strong scum read on anyone yet.
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:01 am

Post by petapan »

Vote Count 1.03

Norris (4):
Nauls, Lars, Copper, Childs
Clark (3):
MacReady, Garry, Blair
Copper (3):
Clark, Bennings, Windows
Windows (1):
Norris
Palmer (1):
Fuchs
Lars (1):
Palmer

With 13 alive, it's 7 to eliminate.

Deadline for Day 1 is November 10 at 1:00 AM EDT.

Deadline Timer:
(expired on 2022-11-10 01:00:00)

soundtrack
Main Theme - Desolation

▶ ❚❚ ────────●────────────────────  1:18 / 4:29
Last edited by petapan on Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
free crypto
Windows~
Windows~
Townie
Windows~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:02 am

Post by Windows~ »

In post 246, Nauls~ wrote:
In post 242, Windows~ wrote:165 and 166 from Nauls also seem like projection - he calls 116
a possible chainsaw defence but isn't that what 165 could be - a defence of Palmer by attacking the person criticising Palmer?
This is nonsensical to me. I disagreed with an argument someone made calling someone else scum, therefore it’s odd for me to theorize on a potential chainsaw defense??
and this is all implying that I’m scrutinizing my own posts for possible negative interpretations of them, which I happen not to be doing because yknow, I’m a townie.
I’m seriously confused as to how this is an actual point being made.
I'm not implying scum are scrutinising their posts (though they may be). My theory is more like:
1. Scum are somewhat aware of dubious things they're doing
2. That awareness means they're more likely to notice townies doing the same dubious things
3. Therefore someone calling out someone else for a dubious behaviour they're also engaging in is more likely to be scum than if they weren't doing the same thing

I suppose it could be boiled down to 'hypocrisy is scummy'.

In terms of your post it was specifically this line which felt like a subtle attack on the person attacking Palmer:
In post 165, Nauls~ wrote: Maybe you're scum or maybe you just have a different outlook than them on the game, if it's the latter then I urge you to reconsider.
---

I agree with Lars calling out Palmer's response to my earlier post. Not just for sheeping but also this claim I was looking for a gotcha on Copper:
In post 249, Palmer~ wrote: Also, the "this is a contradiction from Copper!" is a horrible point in . It feels like desperately trying to fish out a gotcha
Copper went from "mostly a gutread" to "this kind of behaviour is really scummy" in literally 2 minutes, you don't see a contradiction there?

Cooper tries to justify this but I don't buy it:
In post 255, Copper~ wrote: I had not quite finished my backread when responding to Bennings, Norris started getting really trolly on page 8 which I didn't read during the "sheeping" comment, the "trolling" comment came after I read everything.
You finished the backread in the 2 minutes between those posts?

And the "we're not even on page 10" sounds like you were caught up:
In post 206, Copper~ wrote: Opportunistic how? It's mostly a gutread but we're not even on page 10.
"I forgot to mention the scumminess of the posting style" is an explanation I could have bought but "I was still rereading" I don't think fits with that timeline.
Windows~
Windows~
Townie
Windows~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:05 am

Post by Windows~ »

In post 274, Clark~ wrote:
In post 271, Windows~ wrote:
Also since then he seems to read me as town so clearly he is town himself.

(For clarity, that's not a reason I read him as town, but nor do I think he's going out of his way to try to pocket me.)
Why did you feel the need to strikethrough and clarify?
The strikethrough was for humorous effect.
I was going to leave it as that. But then I remembered some people took my opening post too seriously so I thought I should clarify my position here.
Childs~
Childs~
Goon
Childs~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:08 am

Post by Childs~ »

In post 275, Blair~ wrote:
In post 267, Norris~ wrote:why didnt i just... try harder to appear town so I wouldnt have to changeling?

If Thing Norris is incapable of not trolling I'm not sure how jumping into another body is going to change anything
why are you defending a troll old man?

do you like being trolled?

as for your question, he trolls today to "appear" town because his actions are "too scum to be scum" and then changelings to someone, I can totally see scum trying to pull that off
Childs~
Childs~
Goon
Childs~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:12 am

Post by Childs~ »

In post 278, Clark~ wrote:
In post 265, Childs~ wrote:I can see "Norris" dying and replacing someone in the roster as his strategy for this behavior, I didn't vote him right after that act because wey had'nt heard from Clark
On the flip side if he's town he's a pretty easy target for scum to assimilate. Alternate between snarky posts and copying other people's posts and no one would know the difference.
On a similar flip side, if he's town and starts solving and not trolling later on someone might case that as having been assimilated
this is tea leaf reading type of stuff

It's still antitown behavior to answer like he did to a simple explain your thought process question
Norris~
Norris~
Townie
Norris~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:15 am

Post by Norris~ »

LALALA I WONT ANSWER MY HATERS I ONLY ANSWER PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY DESERVE MY RESPECT LALALA
Norris~
Norris~
Townie
Norris~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:18 am

Post by Norris~ »

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kiddo.
Childs~
Childs~
Goon
Childs~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:19 am

Post by Childs~ »

In post 286, Norris~ wrote:
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kiddo.
cool story bro.
Norris~
Norris~
Townie
Norris~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:19 am

Post by Norris~ »

im actually starting to get a bit bored of trolling :/ give me something interesting to work with childs!
Clark~
Clark~
they/she
Townie
Clark~
they/she
Townie
Townie

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:21 am

Post by Clark~ »

In post 284, Childs~ wrote:
this is tea leaf reading type of stuff

It's still antitown behavior to answer like he did to a simple explain your thought process question
oh no, I was just continuing the possibilities. It wasn't a comment on either of the previous posts just thought I'd throw another one in there
Childs~
Childs~
Goon
Childs~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:23 am

Post by Childs~ »

Clark what do you think about norris overall
Blair~
Blair~
Townie
Blair~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:24 am

Post by Blair~ »

In post 283, Childs~ wrote: why are you defending a troll old man?

do you like being trolled?

as for your question, he trolls today to "appear" town because his actions are "too scum to be scum" and then changelings to someone, I can totally see scum trying to pull that off
I play to kill bad guys I don't play to enforce the anti-trolling laws of 2015. I don't like being trolled but I also don't like losing cuz some random townie decided to troll my game

if Norris is town then he's an easy target for scum because he's a giant troll and there's enough trolls on this website that it could be just be a town troll and I don't feel like we're going to get a better read on him by pressuring him especially if he's a troll because he is a troll and probably enjoys pissing you off for attention or whatever. I'd rather focus my attention on people who can be sorted.
Norris~
Norris~
Townie
Norris~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:24 am

Post by Norris~ »

i could actually try rn but why would i do that when its always the same result

no matter how i play, no matter my role im always poed

so why not just have fun and troll? i guarantee if i make a actual good wallpost ill just be suspected anyways.
Clark~
Clark~
they/she
Townie
Clark~
they/she
Townie
Townie

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:24 am

Post by Clark~ »

I'll have a quick iso and get back to you
Blair~
Blair~
Townie
Blair~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:25 am

Post by Blair~ »

if we don't have any better leads by the end of the day I'd be down to incinerate Norris but I'm not going to waste my time trying to sort some troll.
Clark~
Clark~
they/she
Townie
Clark~
they/she
Townie
Townie

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:28 am

Post by Clark~ »

In post 290, Childs~ wrote:Clark what do you think about norris overall
Without the trolling I'd put Norris on the town side of Null. With the trolling they drop to the scummier side of null.
Childs~
Childs~
Goon
Childs~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:29 am

Post by Childs~ »

In post 294, Blair~ wrote:if we don't have any better leads by the end of the day I'd be down to incinerate Norris but I'm not going to waste my time trying to sort some troll.
you know what could fix that? maybe start liming trolls first to discourage such behavior?

but anyway you at least aknowledge that it's a possible and deserved lim
Clark~
Clark~
they/she
Townie
Clark~
they/she
Townie
Townie

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:29 am

Post by Clark~ »

In post 292, Norris~ wrote:i guarantee if i make a actual good wallpost ill just be suspected anyways.
I'll bet you my vote for today and tomorrow you won't get suspected because of a good wall post if you make one
Childs~
Childs~
Goon
Childs~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:32 am

Post by Childs~ »

okay I got a bit emotional there, back to bussiness
In post 295, Clark~ wrote:
In post 290, Childs~ wrote:Clark what do you think about norris overall
Without the trolling I'd put Norris on the town side of Null. With the trolling they drop to the scummier side of null.
you see, I'm pretty much there, he was FINE until that unnecesary attitude
Childs~
Childs~
Goon
Childs~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:36 am

Post by Childs~ »

In post 246, Nauls~ wrote:
In post 242, Windows~ wrote:165 and 166 from Nauls also seem like projection - he calls 116
a possible chainsaw defence but isn't that what 165 could be - a defence of Palmer by attacking the person criticising Palmer?
This is nonsensical to me. I disagreed with an argument someone made calling someone else scum, therefore it’s odd for me to theorize on a potential chainsaw defense??
and this is all implying that I’m scrutinizing my own posts for possible negative interpretations of them, which I happen not to be doing because yknow, I’m a townie.
I’m seriously confused as to how this is an actual point being made.
by the way what is a chainsaw defense? honest question

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”