Childs~
Childs~
Goon
Childs~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:48 pm

Post by Childs~ »

In post 324, Palmer~ wrote:I don't really get the town reads on Childs, he is still firmly in my null pile.

@MacReady, do you scum read anyone other than Clark?
maybe I'm just a sweel guy?

anyway I thought you might be mistaking him for mcready who was talking about lars's reads

list that I found okayish and was curious about it
Windows~
Windows~
Townie
Windows~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 5:10 pm

Post by Windows~ »

In post 323, Palmer~ wrote:[p=13544901#p13544901]post 281[/url], Windows~"]You finished the backread in the 2 minutes between those posts?
I don't see a problem, no? Norris' trolling is on the same page as Bennings' question. It doesn't take a lot of time to read Norris' trolling and feel it's scummy and want to comment on it. Those sort of things happen to me as town a lot, so I can see it coming from a town perspective.[/quote]

I feel like if that were the case either the earlier post or the later one would be phrased differently. Like the second post might have begun "and since then" as an additional reason to stick with the vote rather than "also" which connects it back as a justification for the original vote.[/quote]
This feels like further nitpicking into obscurity. The post seems fine to me, even in the context of "additional reason to stick with the vote".[/quote]

I'm keen to hear other people's views on this. Palmer thinks I'm making a mountain out of a molehill, I think it's really not plausible for Copper's explanation to shift the way it did if genuine. Where do other's stand?
Windows~
Windows~
Townie
Windows~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 5:11 pm

Post by Windows~ »

Sorry about the messed up quotes but you get the idea
Copper~
Copper~
Townie
Copper~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 5:18 pm

Post by Copper~ »

In post 257, Palmer~ wrote:
In post 251, Copper~ wrote:
In post 209, Palmer~ wrote:How are Garry's and Norris' tones different than Windows'?
Windows' posts, while fewer, have a more solvy vibe if that makes sense.
Kind of, I thought Garry was pretty solvy. Do you think he's faking it? Why, if so?
I can't quite put my finger on it but there's a slight "going through the motions" vibe with his ISO.
Copper~
Copper~
Townie
Copper~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 5:21 pm

Post by Copper~ »

In post 281, Windows~ wrote:
In post 249, Palmer~ wrote: Also, the "this is a contradiction from Copper!" is a horrible point in . It feels like desperately trying to fish out a gotcha
Copper went from "mostly a gutread" to "this kind of behaviour is really scummy" in literally 2 minutes, you don't see a contradiction there?

Cooper tries to justify this but I don't buy it:
In post 255, Copper~ wrote: I had not quite finished my backread when responding to Bennings, Norris started getting really trolly on page 8 which I didn't read during the "sheeping" comment, the "trolling" comment came after I read everything.
You finished the backread in the 2 minutes between those posts?

And the "we're not even on page 10" sounds like you were caught up:
In post 206, Copper~ wrote: Opportunistic how? It's mostly a gutread but we're not even on page 10.
"I forgot to mention the scumminess of the posting style" is an explanation I could have bought but "I was still rereading" I don't think fits with that timeline.
1. I read fast.
2. The last page's number is visible even on previous pages so how is that a gotcha?
Copper~
Copper~
Townie
Copper~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 5:24 pm

Post by Copper~ »

In post 322, Windows~ wrote:
In post 319, Palmer~ wrote:
In post 281, Windows~ wrote:You finished the backread in the 2 minutes between those posts?
I don't see a problem, no? Norris' trolling is on the same page as Bennings' question. It doesn't take a lot of time to read Norris' trolling and feel it's scummy and want to comment on it. Those sort of things happen to me as town a lot, so I can see it coming from a town perspective.
I feel like if that were the case either the earlier post or the later one would be phrased differently. Like the second post might have begun "and since then" as an additional reason to stick with the vote rather than "also" which connects it back as a justification for the original vote.
English is not my first language.
Copper~
Copper~
Townie
Copper~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 5:25 pm

Post by Copper~ »

In post 304, MacReady~ wrote:This might seem sort of off-topic but I'm still curious and would be interested how people answer - are you calling scum 'scum' this game, or 'Thing' ?
"Scum"
Copper~
Copper~
Townie
Copper~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 5:26 pm

Post by Copper~ »

Windows stonks go down because really that was just grasping at straws.
Clark~
Clark~
they/she
Townie
Clark~
they/she
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: they/she

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 12:38 am

Post by Clark~ »

I'm also starting to move Windows down in my reads
Norris~
Norris~
Townie
Norris~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 12:54 am

Post by Norris~ »

Looks like I was just ahead of the trend..
Norris~
Norris~
Townie
Norris~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 12:57 am

Post by Norris~ »

Wheres Fuchs at though?
Palmer~
Palmer~
Townie
Palmer~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 2:11 am

Post by Palmer~ »

In post 325, Childs~ wrote:maybe I'm just a sweel guy?
Perhaps. What do you think of the argument between me and Windows?
In post 325, Childs~ wrote:anyway I thought you might be mistaking him for mcready who was talking about lars's reads
I don't think I'm mixing anyone up - I want to know if MacReady has any other scumreads.
Palmer~
Palmer~
Townie
Palmer~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 2:17 am

Post by Palmer~ »

My thoughts are that most of us often don't read the game linearly. I sometimes skip ahead, or return to previous parts, and I definitely think that "backreading" or "being caught up" are not binary states. And when talking about whether I've "read the game", I don't often bother clarifying things like these because it's unnecessary typing that doesn't actually help anyone read me. So I can imagine a similar confusing thought process happening with other people as well.

Which is why I am inherently suspicious of someone trying to force out such a contradiction.
Norris~
Norris~
Townie
Norris~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 2:36 am

Post by Norris~ »

Can you dumb that down for m?
Palmer~
Palmer~
Townie
Palmer~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 2:46 am

Post by Palmer~ »

Going from "I'm sheeping others on Norris" to "his trolling is also scummy, BTW" in 3 minutes, then claiming you've read the rest of the game in those 3 minutes, is 100% plausible and Windows is scummy for trying to claim it's not.
Childs~
Childs~
Goon
Childs~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 2:57 am

Post by Childs~ »

In post 337, Palmer~ wrote:My thoughts are that most of us often don't read the game linearly. I sometimes skip ahead, or return to previous parts, and I definitely think that "backreading" or "being caught up" are not binary states. And when talking about whether I've "read the game", I don't often bother clarifying things like these because it's unnecessary typing that doesn't actually help anyone read me. So I can imagine a similar confusing thought process happening with other people as well.

Which is why I am inherently suspicious of someone trying to force out such a contradiction.
Well I can resonate with this because I find myself re-reading A LOT because (and particularly in this Game) until a certain point I can't quite Match faces with names that easily but I can form a read from recent events and unless I'm trying to make up a story I shouldn't need so much time because the reaction is genuine

Of course scum can also do this but it's a Lot harder to fake

Si I'm on your side in this one, I think Windows even thought I get his point, he is reading too much into it or scumforging it
Nauls~
Nauls~
Townie
Nauls~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:23 am

Post by Nauls~ »

I don’t really find Copper’s change of position on Norris scummy at all and it being nitpicked at is pretty meh.

At this point, after skimming some ISOs, I’m like:

MacReady, Palmer

Garry, Blair

Copper, Childs, Lars,

Clark, Bennings

Norris, Fuchs, Windows

Things I’ve noticed: looks like it comes from a POV of someone solving the game if that makes any sense? I like that one.
I kind of wanted to put Windows a tier higher off of tone and sense of solveyness, but the actual content of posts like is too bad to ignore.
Lars’ does soothe me a bit, and the rest of their content is pretty good.
Looking at , the Copper wagon composition looks bad enough that it makes Copper look better.
On the flip side, the Clark wagon composition is good enough to make Clark look worse.
On a reread, Copper hasn’t done anything outrageously scummy or towny but overall looks relatively solvey. I like the paragraph in , though! is also good.
I still think Bennings’ and are iffy. However, stuff like , and (especially the second paragraph) look pretty solvey and well-intentioned. Actually and too. Overall still feel generally meh about Bennings, though.
Kind of like Clark’s and , tbh. The annoyance seems to come more from a town POV than a scum one. looks decent I’d say? Don’t like though, it feels fabricated. Also the way the Clark wagon has gradually died down feels off, like scum purposely stopped paying attention to it. Maybe it has something to do with a shift out of the early game wagons, but I feel like Copper’s still being seriously discussed in spite of that. Maybe it’s cause Clark got replaced, but I also don’t see much from Clark 2.0 that looks very town indicative.
Bennings~
Bennings~
He/Him
Townie
Bennings~
He/Him
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:35 am

Post by Bennings~ »

Bear with me I'm working heavy this weekend. Three day break for me after though let's gooo
Bennings~
Bennings~
He/Him
Townie
Bennings~
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:39 am

Post by Bennings~ »

In post 248, Nauls~ wrote:Honestly I’m not the biggest fan of the votes that have piled onto Norris, but Norris also hasn’t given me any reason to feel any better about them than before.
Yeah I'm getting LHF vibes
Bennings~
Bennings~
He/Him
Townie
Bennings~
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:43 am

Post by Bennings~ »

In post 324, Palmer~ wrote:I don't really get the town reads on Childs, he is still firmly in my null pile.
did you plan on continuing this thought or?
Childs~
Childs~
Goon
Childs~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 5:15 am

Post by Childs~ »

In post 343, Bennings~ wrote:
In post 248, Nauls~ wrote:Honestly I’m not the biggest fan of the votes that have piled onto Norris, but Norris also hasn’t given me any reason to feel any better about them than before.
Yeah I'm getting LHF vibes

What's LHF?
Bennings~
Bennings~
He/Him
Townie
Bennings~
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 5:27 am

Post by Bennings~ »

low hanging fruit

it's basically like they're an "easy" target that scum feel safe to jump on (assuming the LHF is town of course)

so if you think norris is town it puts some people into question, usually people who don't really look like they attempted actually sorting the slot

obviously this is all in a vacuum so you have to apply it situationally but that's the feeling i'm getting at the moment
Bennings~
Bennings~
He/Him
Townie
Bennings~
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 5:34 am

Post by Bennings~ »

In post 317, Norris~ wrote:I don't like everyone pushing me, but I don't complain about every single one of them.
so what separates childs from the rest?
Childs~
Childs~
Goon
Childs~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 5:38 am

Post by Childs~ »

In post 346, Bennings~ wrote:low hanging fruit

it's basically like they're an "easy" target that scum feel safe to jump on (assuming the LHF is town of course)

so if you think norris is town it puts some people into question, usually people who don't really look like they attempted actually sorting the slot

obviously this is all in a vacuum so you have to apply it situationally but that's the feeling i'm getting at the moment
Okay i AM familiar with the term, LHF just didn't click for me

Do you agree it can be the other way around I hope?

As in scum theatre
Norris~
Norris~
Townie
Norris~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 5:44 am

Post by Norris~ »

In post 347, Bennings~ wrote:
In post 317, Norris~ wrote:I don't like everyone pushing me, but I don't complain about every single one of them.
so what separates childs from the rest?
u can try opening fhe quote in the post ur looking at and opening the spoiler and read the italics i added on.. please?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”