Micro 1065 Coalition Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:40 pm

Post by unwnd »

Haha that's a really good take on my slot

I definitely am reserving myself because I don't like making games about me

Yet I often find that despite my own insistence on being more of a background player, I end up being more integral. Maybe it's just the way I carry myself? When I said 'I think the game is about me' it wasn't an egotistical affront. It was more bitter, where I feel like I've been constantly interacted. This is a table of friends so I feel a bit more comfortable just having idle conversation which makes me want to post more. However, I don't believe that is necessarily furthering the game state.

That being said, I mentioned to Ydra before in passing that vibes can be dangerous. If you vibe too much it can create a status quo where people are only judged by how much they bring in terms of it. Meaning, you have a ton of people 'vibing'. People stop fact-checking each other or thinking about what these posts actually mean. It sucks when you're scum and you're being out-vibed, but this player list
especially
knows how to manipulate this status quo. That is why I am null on a good portion on these people.
Stop
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:42 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 233, unwnd wrote:Effort is very easy to fake however. I know this from experience. I've made my millions by faking effort. It is a strategy to try and overwhelm someone and make it sound convincing.

Lucian's approach isn't exactly
overwhelming
, but the basis of my scumread is closely related to the act of convincing someone. Lucian's posts (as a whole) is that he looks like he's trying to convince
himself.
To convince oneself his mentality is green even when the shade of his role PM contradicts.

This very notion is exacerbated by his odd willingness to back down on things when given even the slightest amount of pushback. We had a conversation about Junko and both agreed that was she did was weird. OK. Why are we here now where he suddenly agrees with Junko being town. It's not that townies can't be influenced by those around them, but that read in particular felt quite strong even if early. The processing in which his thoughts formulate are sort of always keeping close to what everyone is doing instead of what he should be doing. This type of willingness to engage would be alright if he were offering some sort of perspective in the mix. He really hasn't and he continues to make observation without trying to reach conclusion.
Is this, like, alignment indicative at all? This can easily be explained by herd mentality, which benefits both scum and a townie who doesn't want to stand out and get eliminated.

As a matter of fact, I think that going against herd mentality is a stronger sign of towniness. Mafia are less likely to do it, especially less experienced mafa, simply because it draws attention.
Una
Una
She
Goon
Una
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:43 pm

Post by Una »

In post 470, Dannflor wrote:I mean I think your read on Lucian is good and I’ve generally agreed with it but it feels like not enough data for me

I don’t think you’ve been obnoxious at all

I just feel like you’ve been intentionally holding a lot back and I’m not sure quite why
You mentioned read on Lucian like 5 times and won't write whether it's positive or negative and I don't want to look it up lol
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:44 pm

Post by unwnd »

I'm a bit paranoid that I could be getting manipulated by vibes. Una is a great viber, as is Junko. Ydra is especially fun to vibe with, and I'd say I like vibing with you too. I'd be easy for me to say 'I enjoy these people, so I want them to be town.' However, I am stubborn and another part of me is saying 'these players haven't earned it yet, even if you're chummy with them'

I wasn't ready to talk about cause I didn't deem it as something that would further the gamestate. Does that make sense?
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:45 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 476, Greeting wrote:
In post 233, unwnd wrote:Effort is very easy to fake however. I know this from experience. I've made my millions by faking effort. It is a strategy to try and overwhelm someone and make it sound convincing.

Lucian's approach isn't exactly
overwhelming
, but the basis of my scumread is closely related to the act of convincing someone. Lucian's posts (as a whole) is that he looks like he's trying to convince
himself.
To convince oneself his mentality is green even when the shade of his role PM contradicts.

This very notion is exacerbated by his odd willingness to back down on things when given even the slightest amount of pushback. We had a conversation about Junko and both agreed that was she did was weird. OK. Why are we here now where he suddenly agrees with Junko being town. It's not that townies can't be influenced by those around them, but that read in particular felt quite strong even if early. The processing in which his thoughts formulate are sort of always keeping close to what everyone is doing instead of what he should be doing. This type of willingness to engage would be alright if he were offering some sort of perspective in the mix. He really hasn't and he continues to make observation without trying to reach conclusion.
Is this, like, alignment indicative at all? This can easily be explained by herd mentality, which benefits both scum and a townie who doesn't want to stand out and get eliminated.

As a matter of fact, I think that going against herd mentality is a stronger sign of towniness. Mafia are less likely to do it, especially less experienced mafa, simply because it draws attention.
This is a good response because I want to ask you then

Is Lucian a victim of being outside of this herd? Is my read on him incorrect?
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:47 pm

Post by unwnd »

Post 233 and 331 from me Is the bulk of my argument

Lucian has posted since then, but I still feel strongly about what I wrote to describe his play
Stop
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:48 pm

Post by Dannflor »

yes that makes sense

HEAL: dannflor, junkochan, una, unwnd, ydrasse
Una
Una
She
Goon
Una
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:49 pm

Post by Una »

I only vibe as mafia to imitate my own town patterns but I feel like many people don't like my vibes such as Menalque
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:49 pm

Post by unwnd »

You are vibing like crazy right now

Should I unheal you
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:51 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 481, Dannflor wrote:Ydrasse
Can you explain that one further

I've been leaning she could be town or
some other deep seated paranoid thought that I don't wanna mention
Stop
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:52 pm

Post by Dannflor »

ya it’s a read I need to reevaluate and I don’t want to do that sitting in a jiffylube I want to do that on my two monitors where I can bring up multiple tabs
Una
Una
She
Goon
Una
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:52 pm

Post by Una »

Hm?
I mean I vibe slightly as mafia, and I wouldn't vibe at all if I did not need to parody my townself to win games, so I turn off the autopilot and add some in.
Una
Una
She
Goon
Una
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:54 pm

Post by Una »

In post 485, Dannflor wrote:ya it’s a read I need to reevaluate and I don’t want to do that sitting in a jiffylube I want to do that on my two monitors where I can bring up multiple tabs
Oil changes are so fun if your nails are a gajillion inches long so the mechanic like explains to you what gasoline is and explains where the odometer is and all the patronization is correct I did not know those things
Una
Una
She
Goon
Una
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:55 pm

Post by Una »

What gasoline is is an exaggeration

It was other stuff I don't remember that I will relearn because I don't care about the carsss
Una
Una
She
Goon
Una
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:57 pm

Post by Una »

reads like elaboration towntell that Prism taught me
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:59 pm

Post by unwnd »

My gamestate take right now is

Timeline A - The vibers are proportionally more town right now. Lucian (a mafia member) cannot keep up with the general camaraderie and is being iced out by his approach. There could still be one viber who could be scum, but currently I don't see it. This timeline ends with Lucian being iced out and his partner not having enough sway to stop the vibers either.

Timeline B - Scum is hiding in vibers. They are using camaraderie to post in plain daylight with nobody considering their motives, due to the vibes they bring. This timeline ends with Ydrasse winning as mafia.

Timeline C - A mix of both timelines in some form

I find it's usually C
Stop
Una
Una
She
Goon
Una
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:59 pm

Post by Una »

feels like a good town read that removes a lot more space for scum!Ydrasse than going harder on their Una townread or townreading unwnd and flipping on it because Junko is so unlikely to stray from the characterization
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:00 pm

Post by Dannflor »

Am I a viber I’m not trying to be
Una
Una
She
Goon
Una
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:00 pm

Post by Una »

I want to vibe with Lucian
Una
Una
She
Goon
Una
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:01 pm

Post by Una »

I don't think you ever vibe in the sense that unwnd means it
Una
Una
She
Goon
Una
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:01 pm

Post by Una »

Sorry Dannflor
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:04 pm

Post by Dannflor »

No that’s fine I don’t want it
Una
Una
She
Goon
Una
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:05 pm

Post by Una »

Lucian you will vibe with me right
Una
Una
She
Goon
Una
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:07 pm

Post by Una »

What if we make a complex graph of associative tells and them create a coalition such that there's a high number of associative nodes excluded to maximize the odds of hitting exodia
Una
Una
She
Goon
Una
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:08 pm

Post by Una »

It might be an np hard problem but you can solve np hard problems on a graphing calculator if it's n=9

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”