furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:34 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 271, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 270, Frogsterking wrote:I'll eat my socks.
like - with any seasoning or sauce, or just plain socks?
Some wasabi perhaps? (callback)
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:36 am

Post by Frogsterking »

Just plain, clean socks from my drawer. Not off my feet, but no seasoning either.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:36 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 275, furtiveglance wrote:
Some wasabi perhaps? (callback)
Mmm wasabi
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:39 am

Post by Frogsterking »

Passenger I saw you complained again about my FoS on you but your lame protests aren't spicy enough for me. I'm hoping we can get a really big wagon on you and then your posts will become more interesting.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:45 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 274, Passenger wrote:I was white-knighting Kokabiel and Flavia… but you also said earlier
Nah my read trajectory on you makes sense, re-evaluating is Townie and being too consistent is a scum tell. My read changed on you because I'm uninformed so it takes me longer than you to figure out what's going on. Like I said, this is really vanilla BnB scum whining your putting out, I need something spicier if I'm expected to pay attention to your complaints.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:50 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 279, Frogsterking wrote:re-evaluating is Townie and being too consistent is a scum tell.
For the record, having reads that make no sense is also a scum tell, and your vanity wagon on me makes no sense unless you already knew Flavia and Kookaburra were Town at the time I started pushing them.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:51 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 280, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 279, Frogsterking wrote:re-evaluating is Townie and being too consistent is a scum tell.
For the record, having reads that make no sense is also a scum tell, and your vanity wagon on me makes no sense unless you already knew Flavia and Kookaburra were Town at the time I started pushing them.
@Passenger
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:30 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 237, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 215, DeasVail wrote:yeah idk frog I’m not feeling flavia-scum
Is it like a brain read or a heart read?
Brain read

Also

UNVOTE:
The Bombay
The Bombay
Goon
The Bombay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:44 pm

Post by The Bombay »

UNVOTE:

At least until Koka gets in here and explains the Advocate thing.

~Luke
Kokabiel
Kokabiel
Townie
Kokabiel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:57 pm

Post by Kokabiel »

It's a Moonlight dancer with an additional on-death trigger, and no it's sadly not a vengeful.
I claimed and gave out my reads so there is no info you can get from me apart from the flip. So y'all useless lazy town without any reads better start working. 4 Days remaining, you can always come back to finish the job.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:58 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 284, Kokabiel wrote:It's a Moonlight dancer with an additional on-death trigger, and no it's sadly not a vengeful.
I claimed and gave out my reads so there is no info you can get from me apart from the flip. So y'all useless lazy town without any reads better start working. 4 Days remaining, you can always come back to finish the job.
What's a "moonlight dancer?"
<(") | (")>
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:58 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 284, Kokabiel wrote:It's a Moonlight dancer with an additional on-death trigger, and no it's sadly not a vengeful.
PS: votePassenger please
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:00 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Oh....
A Moonlight Dancer is a player who can have the fact that they are a Moonlight Dancer mod-confirmed.

A Moonlight Dancer may be of any alignment.
may be of any alignment.
of any alignment.
any alignment.
<(") | (")>
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:01 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 287, PenguinPower wrote:Oh....
A Moonlight Dancer is a player who can have the fact that they are a Moonlight Dancer mod-confirmed.

may be of any alignment.
of any alignment.
any alignment.
alignment
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:01 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

ty
<(") | (")>
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:02 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

My insanely good scum strategy is to waste all my posts with posts like this^ and then flake from the game.

Oops wrong thread
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:05 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

Koka and Flavia are flipping Town yall, votePassenger
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:05 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

nah - you're wrong on koka
<(") | (")>
Flavia
Flavia
She
Townie
Flavia
She
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: She

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:10 pm

Post by Flavia »

OK, so, less confusing.

Furtive townreads Passenger, you say they might be right about them being town but might be a bit presumptive, then you post a list of people that were clear cuz I was town, including Passenger (I believe this is the team solve they were talking about). Then they ask basically why you said fugitive view is presumptive but they were in your town reads.

You had a whole case on me, why was this interaction more significant.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:11 pm

Post by Bell »

I'm confused why there's a moonlight dancer in a game called community.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:18 pm

Post by Bell »

I can't tell if Kokabiel is classic spiteful town or classic condescending scum pretending to be spiteful.
N.Y. M
N.Y. M
They
Townie
N.Y. M
They
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: They

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:05 pm

Post by N.Y. M »

So just to let y'all know, I'm mostly going to be in the background this game. I'm not going to be actively posting especially given the post limit--we need every post we have, so like. Unless I feel like there's an argument that *I* need to be the one posting, or there's someone who really wants me to respond
directly
to them (you can ask me to respond to things indirectly, and I can ask my hydra partners to relay it in one of their posts, but if you insist on a direct response from me I'll fit one in), I'll not be doing much in the way of posting.

Additionally, when I *do* post, I'll be breaking things up to indicate "I would normally be ending a post here, posting it, and then making a new one". At that point, prior sections of a post are locked in, and will not be edited. For instance, this one's gonna be this post, as well as however many rvs posts I'd comment on, as well as any non-rvs posts, as well as a readslist, so at least four posts, in one post, and marked as such.

Just as a heads up.
/
0 end

Alrighty then, let's get started.
In post 6, Bell wrote:Hey the game started. Don't mind if I do.
VOTE: The Bombay
Bell. (Too early to townread.)
In post 10, Kokabiel wrote:JUST the delegation?
In post 12, DeasVail wrote:Hello! To make up for all the votes in Frog’s post, I will not vote.
In post 23, PenguinPower wrote:VOTE: johnny
In post 15, furtiveglance wrote:Hi everyone. I'm the Miller
Town.
In post 7, Star Power wrote:Hello everyone! I am here, ready to be a shining light against the delegation!
VOTE: DeasVail
Town?
In post 8, JohnnyFarrar wrote:VOTE: Furtilevengeance because every time I read your name in my head it comes out as that instead of whatever your name actually is
In post 9, Flavia wrote:VOTE: Star Power
I hate shining lights. Always being deceptive.
In post 11, Frogsterking wrote:VOTE: Star Power
Scum?

HURT: JohnnyFarrar (where I'd vote on page one if solo)
/
1 end

Page two!
In post 34, The Bombay wrote:VOTE: Bell
Town.
In post 26, Herta wrote:VOTE: johnny
In post 29, Passenger wrote:Hi everyone :)
Town?
In post 37, The Bombay wrote:I am kind of thinking that StarPower appearing to not know that there is a 3rd party makes them more likely to be town.
Seriously doubt that the actual 3rd party would not be too self-conscious to frame it that way, so imo town>scum>3rd party
I agree with this, so move StarPower from 'town?' to town.

/
2 end

Pretty sure I'd be making a readslist now normally since most players had posted, but I can wait until I see all posters.
In post 95, Andresvmb wrote:Anyway, I’m going to sleep. I’m back tomorrow.
Okay so this is gonna seem oddly specific but I think that Andres is, very specifically, the Government/Antisocial operative. It's purely a gut thing, but Andres doesn't feel town to me, so would be 'scum?' here normally, but yet, by gut, I somehow don't feel like Andres is purely scum. It feels like he's scum, but not
scum
, scum, so like: I think he, specifically, is the Government/Antisocial operative, here.

That said:
HURT: Frogsterking
It was between him and Johnny for my vote page one, but I think off of his later content I prefer Frogsterking--I still scumread both tho.

/
3 end

Btw from here, probably not gonna have one 'post' per page, it'll spread out more as I go. That said, we've had all 13 other players post at this point in time, so I can actually put an initial readslist, here!

MASTINA'S PERSONAL READSLIST
(no consulting hydra heads):
LOCKTOWN:
{The Bombay}
{Star Power, furtiveglance}

TOWN:
{DeasVail, PenguinPower}
{Kokabiel}
{Herta, Passenger}

BELL:
{Bell} (I'll let you know in half a week or so)

SCUM:
{Flavia, JohnnyFarrar, Frogsterking}

ANTISOCIAL GOVERNMENT AGENT:
{Andresvmb}
/
4 end

On to page five, then.
In post 166, Bell wrote:It is weird that only one of them has posted.
I can give some insight into that.
It wasn't until today that we had a hydra PT.
Before then, it was a discord.
I had a six-day power outage which prevented me from really engaging in this game, which only ended yesterday--but I was swamped with catching up on various life things, so I couldn't contribute anything until then.

All three of us are also trying to go conservative on the post counts--I'm the least-active of the three of us and yet even I alone can eat up 125 in one day. Add in that Yume and Nancy are the two players who top the post count charts, and we need to be
really careful
about eating up every single one of those 125. The 125 limit would stifle Nancy if she were playing solo; if Yume got invested into the game, she'd hit the 125 limit on her own, too; even I could hit it on my own. And yet we have to share three players' worth of posts in one slot, since the limit doesn't increase for a hydra.

I am aware that it is easy for scum that are usually hyper-active to hide behind a postcount limit. But while that's valid, there are actually VERY good reasons
we in particular
need to be cautious, there. (Also as a side-note, I wasn't planning to effort this game if I were a solo player. I'm kinda burnt out from being mastina all the time, so I wasn't gonna be active anyway.)

Beyond that tho, Yume wasn't sure who would be doing most of the posting; she asked if we wanted to or if it would be her. She said that we needed to say something, in order to not get replaced, and was worried we had more or less abandoned her. Nancy hadn't realized the game started because gamestart PMs were not sent to hydra's individual accounts (Bombay, as the other hydra, should be able to confirm that), but we'll probably be picking up. I got the impression both were waiting for me to some extent, and now that I am here, we'll be a little more active.
In post 104, Frogsterking wrote:I like how Flavia just ignores everything AI over the last couple pages which would be inconvenient for them to take a stance on.
I like how in spite of noting this, you don't actually vote Flavia.

Side-note, I feel pretty good about my locktown here and my town are reasonable in strength and I have reasons for the scum being scum and it all lines up perfectly numbers-wise, but obviously I'm not confident in most of my reads being right. I like my locktown as town. I like DV/PP as town. Below that though, in Kokabiel and below, I could be wrong. But for earlygame, I think I'm fine.

/
5 end

Continuing on:
I realize that Frogsterking actually does vote Flavia here, with a case no less, but tbh, it kinda feels like a bus tone-wise. It feels like Frogsterking is using logic he knows is good to make a push he knows is good, but that he isn't actually invested in the push because he is making it to be performative.

I'll admit I could be wrong, he could be town casing scum, or scum making a hollow push on town.

But gutwise he looks like scum distancing.
In post 199, Bell wrote:*tilts head* tbh I’m surprised more people aren’t voting me, I say completely oblivious that I haven’t played with half the game before. Therefore they don’t know that my activity is kind of a blaring red sign that I’m scum here.
Oh I'm aware! But, I'm also aware of the postcount restriction running afoul of your normal style, and that the game is just starting. So, I'm giving you some leeway--not unlimited leeway, mind you, but enough to be cognizant of how you're not going to be what town-you is expected to be...at least, not yet.

I actually lean town on you, but I'm monitoring you closely.

/
6 end

Almost there!
In post 202, N.Y. M wrote:VOTE: Flavia
I approve of this vote. <3
HURT: Flavia
To make it clear that, yes, it has my seal of approval.
In post 256, RH wrote:
Kokabiel is an
Advocate
!
I hope this was a pre-timed thing because if that was an activated role-based thing I'm incredibly disappointed in it being fired off immediately, here.

Anyway, caught up. Slightly updated readslist:
MASTINA'S PERSONAL READSLIST
(no consulting hydra heads):
LOCKTOWN:
{The Bombay, furtiveglance}
{Star Power}

TOWN:
{DeasVail, PenguinPower, Kokabiel}

{Herta, Passenger}

LEAN TOWN:
{Bell} (needs about half a week to figure out for sure)

SCUM:
{Flavia, JohnnyFarrar, Frogsterking}

ANTISOCIAL GOVERNMENT AGENT:
{Andresvmb}

-mastina
Nancy/Yume/Mastina hydra
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:08 pm

Post by Bell »

Oh.
Neat. Sorry about the power outage.
Hi Mastina.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:52 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 296, N.Y. M wrote:Continuing on:
I realize that Frogsterking actually does vote Flavia here, with a case no less, but tbh, it kinda feels like a bus tone-wise. It feels like Frogsterking is using logic he knows is good to make a push he knows is good, but that he isn't actually invested in the push because he is making it to be performative.

I'll admit I could be wrong, he could be town casing scum, or scum making a hollow push on town.

But gutwise he looks like scum distancing
The above is clearly a bad faith attempt to sort my slot and I don't know mastina well enough to know if they are unwilling to learn from past mistakes. The section I've quoted above is probably the dumbest most eye rolling thing posted in this game so far which makes it scummy on principle (discrediting obv Town for bad reasons) https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... 8.2B1.0.29

Here's mastina making a similar mistake previously:
In post 292, mastina wrote:
In post 252, Frogsterking wrote:Occam's Razor suggests that mastina is Town who tone reads me as scum and is unwilling to let it go.
Though Tone plays a part I shall CONFESS, there is more to my read than that, as it is every bit of your contributions which REVEAL you to be among the DAMNED: your focus, viewpoints, where you are voting, how you are engaging, etc.

You have been JUDGED, and you have been found RED.
Yes I was correct, mastina flipped Town, and no mastina was not correct, I was a Town who was aggressively solving as I am here. I would give them a little bit of credit because in TfT I had a special ability which enabled me to play the game with two accounts, one of which a secret account given to me by the mods, so from mastina's point of view I wasn't doing as much as I am here, but I will revoke that goodwill on account of them seeing me solving and saying "oh it must be a bus."

If anyone knows mastina better I want to know if they are a player who is incapable of learning from past mistakes, because if they aren't then this is just a very dumb deception to keep me in the PoE.

I would like to conclude this post by quoting a section from my favorite guide, "How to throw games." https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/th ... -Alison%29

"Tinfoil Theories
So despite your best efforts to derail the game, it seems pretty locked up. You have a consensus towncore - made up of people who’ve been mech cleared, people who’ve vastly exceeded their wolf range, and strong town players who’ve buried multiple wolves. You have a well-defined POE and the threadstate is strong and healthy, with robust debate and high morale. What could you possibly do to make this game go wrong?

The answer is tinfoil and paranoia. A town is nothing more than a mob of paranoid yahoos, and if there’s one thing those are good at doing, it’s turning on each other. Make sure not to bring up tinfoil suspicion on people when the game is going poorly, as you might inadvertently actually catch a deepwolf that way. It’s best to do it when the game is going well and there are no indications at all that the town is barking up the wrong tree.

Beginners to gamethrowing often think that they must create compelling, nuanced cases in order to bring suspicion down on someone who has been beyond suspicion for most of the game. Not so. The undisputed king of tinfoil, Alex Jones, has never made a coherent argument in his life. Yet he has swindled millions more people into believing obvious nonsense than you ever will. So follow his example. No chain of logic is too dubious, no associative too indecipherable, for you to somehow make it about how the claimed PR who has buried 2 wolves is fooling everyone.

Start by looking at associatives with flipped wolves. Associatives are like a coin; every one has two sides, and as the person constructing the case, you have the right to choose which side applies to your position. Did the mafia townread your tinfoil victim? That’s a classic case of wolves trying to clear each other. But if they scumread your victim, it’s obviously bussing or TMI. (If you’re instead trying to tinfoil clear an obvious mafia, reverse these arguments. A townread is TMI, while a scumread is them trying to get a villager killed.)

Next, examine the nightkills and their legacies. I know, I know - you were taught in Gamethrowing 101 to make sure that the town doesn’t look at dead town legacies at all. But now you can use them for your own ends. As with associatives, a dead town that scumread your victim was obviously killed for their reads, while one that townread them was killed for WIFOM.

If you’re doing everything right, you should be able to get a few paranoid townies on your side, while your victim starts to become concerned at the tides turning against them. Sensing a shift in the gamestate, they will no doubt try to defend themselves by refuting your arguments and undermining your case. That’s when you hit them with your trump card: they are a good wolf.

That’s right. The person you are scumreading is skilled at playing the mafia alignment. That means that they are always mafia, and if you ever townread them, no matter how solid your reasons, you are being tricked by their devious mafia ways. The better they are at wolfing, the more you should scumread them for it. Needless to say, being the master manipulators that they are, nothing is out of their scum range. No action, no matter how townie, is beyond their grasp. Did they singlehandedly kill half the mafia team? That is exactly what a skilled wolf would do. Having three red flips by day four is a tell-tale sign of strong wolf play. Did a flipped cop check them green? Perhaps they are the Godfather. It’s not like anyone’s going to bother checking the first page where the host confirms that investigations will not be falsified. And if they did, well, who’s to say this game isn’t bastard? The host could have lied."

Yes mastina, gogo, get that scummy frog. If I post a case it's because I'm bussing and know it will make me look good, if I don't post a case it's because I'm scum who hasn't thought about my reads. Excellent deductions. :roll:

viewtopic.php?p=13545293#p13545293

The above is a post from my scum game which just completed and is as good an example as any to how I actually write big cases as scum.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:01 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 293, Flavia wrote:OK, so, less confusing.

Furtive townreads Passenger, you say they might be right about them being town but might be a bit presumptive, then you post a list of people that were clear cuz I was town, including Passenger (I believe this is the team solve they were talking about). Then they ask basically why you said fugitive view is presumptive but they were in your town reads.

You had a whole case on me, why was this interaction more significant.
1) I have a whole case on Passenger as well I'm procrastinating posting which is even better than the one I had on you.

2) I think Dease is Town this game and is a very competent player so I'm willing to rethink my read on you.

3) If I work under the assumption that you and Kookaburra are Town, that means I would expect scum to be pushing a vanity wagon and not taking an active role in deciding whether Flavia or Kookaburra is the D1 lim. I looked through Passenger's ISO and saw that not only were their main two targets myself and Dease, they are currently pushing a nonsense scum read on me and interacted with both you and Kookaburra as though they already know you two are Town very early in the day.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”