Fuchs~
Fuchs~
Goon
Fuchs~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:16 pm

Post by Fuchs~ »

In post 795, Fuchs~ wrote:Childs, how do you feel about the mechanical balance of your role and the existance of a 1 shot cop?

Does that feel balanced to you? If they are both in the game, what do you think that that means for the other PRs in the game?

How do they mesh with a mailman, which, in this set up is functionally an IC + Assimilation tester?

Do you think that cop+vig+mailman all fit in this game together? And if they are all in the game together, do you think that that is the full extent of our PRs?
@Childs, please respond
Fuchs~
Fuchs~
Goon
Fuchs~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:20 pm

Post by Fuchs~ »

In post 799, Childs~ wrote:But if (when, actually) Windows flips scum, I should holster.
um... the main down side of your PR in this set up (the fact that we don't know if you kill killed scum or town) immediately goes away if there is only 1 scum left lol.
Childs~
Childs~
Goon
Childs~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:23 pm

Post by Childs~ »

In post 788, Garry~ wrote:
In post 785, Childs~ wrote:Not gonna hero vig when we have only one scum left in the game.
this is based of palmer's guilty, right?
I mean,
yeah

But like. Palmer's guilty is legit.

I buy the 1x cop claim. Bit surprised it's not a gunsmith tbh, but it being a one-shot hard-investigative still tracks with my own gate.

I genuinely don't see how Palmer could possibly be scum, here.

So like. I don't have reason to shoot.

(Granted, I was planning on starting today with a post going something along the lines of, "hey if I see any of you fuckers doubting me, I'm gonna fucking shoot", because, like. I don't
want
to shoot, because, yeah, it's anti-town for me to shoot since--oh wait I'm dumb.

One scum left means that if I shoot scum the game just ends. xD

Alright, so I
can
shoot with it not being nearly as anti-town. IF I announce who I shot, you know that they aren't scum when I shoot. By virtue of there being only one scum left in the game, if the game doesn't end then they were town.

But, my lack of accuracy remains an issue.

I guess I'll shoot if there is a target y'all want dead and you won't blame me for it if they flip town.

But, needs to have consensus and needs to be something that I very clearly acknowledge I'll be doing at the end of the day.

So, def wait on voting out Windows for a bit.

We're 100% guaranteed gonna vote Windows; we never vote outside the 1v1 and we never vote Palmer, here.

But we can wait to actually eliminate Windows.
Childs~
Childs~
Goon
Childs~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:25 pm

Post by Childs~ »

In post 791, Fuchs~ wrote:Childs, which of the two do you think is better to kill today, and which is better to have you on it the first one flips green?
It's better to kill the guilty than kill the cop.

In the unlikely event Palmer was scum faking a guilty, I just shoot Palmer tonight.

But like.

That's never going to be the case.

We have a hard hard HARD 1v1, here. If Windows flips scum, Palmer is town. Period. I don't shoot Palmer.
If Windows flips town, Palmer is scum. Period. I shoot Palmer.

If Palmer flips town, I shoot Windows, but then we don't have Palmer as conftown.
If Palmers flipped scum, then Windows isn't conftown.

Windows is the better lim here always.

To suggest otherwise is delusional.
Fuchs~
Fuchs~
Goon
Fuchs~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:26 pm

Post by Fuchs~ »

In post 802, Childs~ wrote:I buy the 1x cop claim. Bit surprised it's not a gunsmith tbh, but it being a one-shot hard-investigative still tracks with my own gate.
Even in light of the mailman?

And do you think that with cop+vig+mailmain, we would be capped out on PRs at that point? Or do you think there could be more on top of that without it crossing into too much?
Childs~
Childs~
Goon
Childs~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:29 pm

Post by Childs~ »

In post 795, Fuchs~ wrote:Childs, how do you feel about the mechanical balance of your role and the existance of a 1 shot cop?
It tracks.

I'm a
little
surprised it's not a gunsmith, but like--I was surprised that Clarke wasn't a jailkeeper, so...

...Which is to say. Yes, I think it's balanced.

Do you want me to claim my gate? I don't really think there's a need to but if I did you'd have a better idea of where I'm coming from with my thoughts here.
In post 795, Fuchs~ wrote:If they are both in the game, what do you think that that means for the other PRs in the game?
Well, respectfully: I don't think it's pro-town to talk about PRs beyond the claimed ones.

The mailman is proven to exist.
The cop is guaranteed to be real.
I know I am real.

Stating anything beyond that is probably not smart.
In post 795, Fuchs~ wrote:Do you think that cop+vig+mailman all fit in this game together?
Yes, I do, for a couple of very specific reasons.

But those reasons are both things I don't think it's good to make public.
Childs~
Childs~
Goon
Childs~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:32 pm

Post by Childs~ »

In post 796, Fuchs~ wrote:
In post 794, Childs~ wrote:MacReady conftown for now
Blair's ability did not confirm MacReady. It just showed that he had not been assimilated Night 1, but did not tell us if he started as a Thing
Sure, but I buy MacReady being town.
In post 798, Fuchs~ wrote:
In post 797, Childs~ wrote:When we're ready we can vote Windows.
Absolutely no one vote windows or palmer until we finish talking with Childs long enough to be confident that they are still the same person
Fair, but like. I think it's pretty obvious. :P

We def can keep having me speak if y'all aren't satisfied but there's only so many ways to fake being me and only one me who can be the real me.

And, there is things we can discuss I guess so there's no need to rush.

Assuming a Windows scumflip, there'd be one scum in the game tonight.
Which means if I shoot scum the game ends; if there's two flips in a night, whoever I shot was guaranteed to be town and the other kill was either the scum kill or scum assimilating into a town player.

So that gives reason for discussion, but in terms of elimination, as far as I'm concerned, there is no discussion--it's Windows, period. End of discussion.
Childs~
Childs~
Goon
Childs~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:33 pm

Post by Childs~ »

In post 801, Fuchs~ wrote:
In post 799, Childs~ wrote:But if (when, actually) Windows flips scum, I should holster.
um... the main down side of your PR in this set up (the fact that we don't know if you kill killed scum or town) immediately goes away if there is only 1 scum left lol.
Yes I realized that, I'm a dummy dum dum sometimes. :P
(If I wasn't dumb I wouldn't have defended Clarke. :shifty: )
Fuchs~
Fuchs~
Goon
Fuchs~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:34 pm

Post by Fuchs~ »

In post 803, Childs~ wrote:Windows is the better lim here always.

To suggest otherwise is delusional.
This is only true, if were are judging from the POV of knowing your alignment.

If you are in question, I think that killing Palmer first is the better play.

Killing Windows first:

Windows is scum! Yay! 1 scum dead, 0 town dead
Windows is town, and Palmer is scum with Childs. No scum dies. 0 scum dead, 1 town dead

Killing Palmer first:

Palmer is scum! Yay! 1 scum dead, 0 town dead
Palmer is town, and Windows is scum. Childs kills them. 1 scum dead, 1 town dead

If we are 100% confident that childs is childs, we kill windows.
If there is a chance that this is a childs!Lars + Palmer gambit, we kill Palmer which still kills a scum regardless of which world we live in.

Which is why my number one concern atm is figuring you out
Fuchs~
Fuchs~
Goon
Fuchs~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:36 pm

Post by Fuchs~ »

In post 792, Childs~ wrote: :P
{snip}
:P
In post 799, Childs~ wrote: :P
{snip}
This is actually killing me.

Day 1, Childs use this emoji 6 times in the entirety of the day. Which was definitely enough for it to be noticeable as something that Childs does use

But then today, Childs has used it 12 times in the last 30 mins. Which, given the discrepancy in frequency, feels more like a purposeful imitation of someone who felt like "Childs uses :P " was a fundamental aspect of pretending to be them
Palmer~
Palmer~
Townie
Palmer~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:37 pm

Post by Palmer~ »

In post 786, Palmer~ wrote:
In post 785, Childs~ wrote:Mind you, I'll only shoot if I have to, since, well.
Well, in the current situation, I think you very well do have to shoot if the town misses Today.

Which... Even if I do get eliminated Today, then Windows is confirmed scum upon my green flip. Either:

- Childs is town, shoots Windows, Windows dies.
- Childs is scum, obviously cannot shoot anyone. There is only one death tomorrow, confirming both Windows and Childs as scum - with one of them having assimilated away, and the other being confirmed scum still in their own body.

Okay, no matter how you slice it, we end up with one dead scum. Very cool.
Fuchs, I think part of your "Palmer is scum with Childs" calculation is off. Can you read this post and tell me what you think?
Childs~
Childs~
Goon
Childs~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:37 pm

Post by Childs~ »

In post 804, Fuchs~ wrote:
In post 802, Childs~ wrote:I buy the 1x cop claim. Bit surprised it's not a gunsmith tbh, but it being a one-shot hard-investigative still tracks with my own gate.
Even in light of the mailman?
Especially in light of the mailman.
In post 804, Fuchs~ wrote:And do you think that with cop+vig+mailmain, we would be capped out on PRs at that point? Or do you think there could be more on top of that without it crossing into too much?
Do you
really
want me to setup spec and hand the final scum a guide of what to claim?

'Cause I don't.

I trust Palmer--and in the very unlikely event that I'm wrong, I just shoot Palmer. I don't really see any reason to discuss PRs.

We're gonna go down to one scum regardless before D3.

There's merit to discussing if I should shoot tonight with only one scum left. There's merit to selecting a target for me to shoot (my accuracy is shit, so I don't trust myself, but like, if the town has consensus, can't blame me for following it :P), under the assumption of one scum left.
There's technically merit in letting me keep talking to prove I ain't Lars (altho I really don't think it's much of a question at this point :P), but like.

The elimination is always Windows.
Windows-town, the vig shot is always on Palmer.
Windows-scum, we're down to one scum.

It's that simple.
Fuchs~
Fuchs~
Goon
Fuchs~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:38 pm

Post by Fuchs~ »

Childs, if I am wrong, then I am wrong, and you kill windows, and scum still dies.

But I am not confident that you are you, and therefore, think I would prefer we kill Palmer first.
Fuchs~
Fuchs~
Goon
Fuchs~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:43 pm

Post by Fuchs~ »

My concern is compounded by Childs quick
In post 797, Childs~ wrote:When we're ready we can vote Windows.
Which was apparently made while still mid catching up on the day's posts.
Childs~
Childs~
Goon
Childs~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:44 pm

Post by Childs~ »

In post 808, Fuchs~ wrote:This is only true, if were are judging from the POV of knowing your alignment.
I mean, fair.

But like.

I have a vig shot, and I wasn't assimilated.

I know I was wrong on D1, but ironically that I WAS wrong is probably all the proof you need that I
started
town. You can technically argue that I was trying to save Clarke with my own claim but like--I literally claimed a confirmable role. I'm still alive today. That means I, as scum, would be forced to "prove" it at some point, and eventually, be unable to.

I'm quite confident in my ability to be town even without a shot, but I have a shot and frankly, fuck what I said about not trusting my accuracy. You eliminate Palmer first, then obviously I have to shoot Windows but I'll be hard-tunneled in on the Palmer voters and never vote outside of them for as long as I live. (Or until I believe that the last scum has hopped into a non-Palmer voter.)
Fuchs~
Fuchs~
Goon
Fuchs~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:46 pm

Post by Fuchs~ »

In post 814, Childs~ wrote:I'm quite confident in my ability to be town even without a shot, but I have a shot and frankly, fuck what I said about not trusting my accuracy. You eliminate Palmer first, then obviously I have to shoot Windows but I'll be hard-tunneled in on the Palmer voters and never vote outside of them for as long as I live. (Or until I believe that the last scum has hopped into a non-Palmer voter.)
You turning my concerns into a threat against me sure does not make me feel better about you that is for sure.
Fuchs~
Fuchs~
Goon
Fuchs~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:46 pm

Post by Fuchs~ »

I am going to think on it some more.

And hopefully more people can weigh in on the is Childs Childs thing.
Palmer~
Palmer~
Townie
Palmer~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:47 pm

Post by Palmer~ »

In post 808, Fuchs~ wrote:Windows is town, and Palmer is scum with Childs. No scum dies. 0 scum dead, 1 town dead
Fuchs, I know you scumread me, but can you at least acknowledge my posts? This part is inaccurate. A scum elimination is forced the Day after.
Garry~
Garry~
he/they
Townie
Garry~
he/they
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:48 pm

Post by Garry~ »

In post 809, Fuchs~ wrote:
In post 792, Childs~ wrote: :P
{snip}
In post 799, Childs~ wrote: :P
{snip}
This is actually killing me.

Day 1, Childs use this emoji 6 times in the entirety of the day. Which was definitely enough for it to be noticeable as something that Childs does use

But then today, Childs has used it 12 times in the last 30 mins. Which, given the discrepancy in frequency, feels more like a purposeful imitation of someone who felt like "Childs uses :P " was a fundamental aspect of pretending to be them
you could be right on childs but i don't think that it leads to palmer/childs being things.
maybe i'm misreading or i'm pocketed by palmer, but i'm more towards believing palmer.
Fuchs~
Fuchs~
Goon
Fuchs~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:51 pm

Post by Fuchs~ »

In post 817, Palmer~ wrote:
In post 808, Fuchs~ wrote:Windows is town, and Palmer is scum with Childs. No scum dies. 0 scum dead, 1 town dead
Fuchs, I know you scumread me, but can you at least acknowledge my posts? This part is inaccurate. A scum elimination is forced the Day after.
I thought of that, but did not spell it out.

You assimilate out, you flip, Childs claims they killed you.

There is a missing kill, and we have to all out if we are a protective.

If there is a protective, then it is now uncertain if we childs even is scum, or if the kill was stopped, and the protective is outed.

If there is not a protective, then we kill Childs dies.

I see that that last line would be a pretty strong deterrent for you to do this gambit, and that is part of why I am still thinking and have not voted.

If we do go the route of killing Windows first and he flips town, it is important that any protectives out there holster tonight.
Childs~
Childs~
Goon
Childs~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:52 pm

Post by Childs~ »

In post 809, Fuchs~ wrote:Day 1, Childs use this emoji 6 times in the entirety of the day. Which was definitely enough for it to be noticeable as something that Childs does use
I mean, on D1, if it makes you feel better: I was holding back. :P

This IS an anonymous account game. I have multiple different styles as town, and I swap between them quickly and easily and on a dime pretty much, so like. It's hard to fake being me, long-term. But on D1 I didn't want someone to know to try and use ':P' so much.

If I used it as much D1 as I would normally be inclined to, then on D2 someone
would
use it as much as I am. :P

It was specifically me holding back that made it easier for me to identify me as me today.

And like.

I have other traits that are definitively me--how many of them do you think scum can fake? There's sentence structure, there's verbiage used, there's length of posts, there's the way things are described, there's perspective on the game, there's viewpoints, there's thoughts on balance, there's setup spec/mech knowledge. There's a ton to make me be me.

And a lot of it swaps constantly. The me of next post uses a different style of me of past post. Which, yeah, is why I did a lot of what I did D1. I needed to show off that I had more than one style on D1, so that it was clear that on D2 there was clear evidence that I had more than one style still on D2. I also held back in at least one of the styles so that that particular style would be something scum wouldn't try to use, so that when the full thing was there, it was known I was the real deal, if that makes sense.

Basically. Yes, I am using ':P' more right now. It's in part thanks to the fact that I honestly just didn't submit guesses for alts N1 since I figured regardless, I was gonna lose that contest. :P
Windows~
Windows~
Townie
Windows~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:53 pm

Post by Windows~ »

In post 814, Childs~ wrote:
In post 808, Fuchs~ wrote:This is only true, if were are judging from the POV of knowing your alignment.
I mean, fair.

But like.

I have a vig shot, and I wasn't assimilated.

I know I was wrong on D1, but ironically that I WAS wrong is probably all the proof you need that I
started
town. You can technically argue that I was trying to save Clarke with my own claim but like--I literally claimed a confirmable role. I'm still alive today. That means I, as scum, would be forced to "prove" it at some point, and eventually, be unable to.
Are you saying you being alive today is proof you're town?
Childs~
Childs~
Goon
Childs~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:53 pm

Post by Childs~ »

In post 812, Fuchs~ wrote:But I am not confident that you are you, and therefore, think I would prefer we kill Palmer first.
Yeah fuck that.

If you push Palmer through I'm gunning for you (haha*) after the fact. I can't literally shoot you since my shot is hard-locked to Windows then, but I ain't gonna let that stand.

(*technically, my vig flavor is a flamethrower, not a gun, but...)
Fuchs~
Fuchs~
Goon
Fuchs~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:54 pm

Post by Fuchs~ »

I was actually leaning pretty hard towards voting windows first before I saw the emoji thing and started to doubt childs
Palmer~
Palmer~
Townie
Palmer~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:55 pm

Post by Palmer~ »

In post 817, Palmer~ wrote:
@Fuchs. Assume I'm scum and Childs is scum. We eliminate Windows, he flips town. I'm confirmed scum. During the Night, only one death happens, Childs is confirmed scum.

We are both confirmed scum.
We cannot both assimilate away from our slots.
Whoever stays in their slot, gets eliminated the Day after.

Do you understand that this plan, even in the BEST CASE scenario for scum!me (being partnered with Childs) still results in a forced scum death?

Pedit: Ah fuck, did I forget about no-kills and protectives? I may have. Whatever, the order of business is still convincing you all I'm town.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”