Windows~
Townie
Windows~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:19 pm

Post by Windows~ »

In post 839, Childs~ wrote:
In post 826, Fuchs~ wrote:This post also does not make me feel better about childs
It should; I literally fucking claimed flavor for my role that I didn't claim at all D1.

My vig is a flamethrower.

Point me to where I said that D1 because I'm pretty damn sure I didn't say what my flavor was D1.
How does you throwing in flavour today make it any more likely you're town? Scum!you can lie about flavour and who's going to disprove it?
MacReady~
MacReady~
Goon
MacReady~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:19 pm

Post by MacReady~ »

In post 833, Childs~ wrote:For the record I really wanna shoot Fuchs at this point tbh.
No
This is not a thing that's happening
If you shoot anyone it's the scum half of the 1v1 after we limmed the town half
MacReady~
MacReady~
Goon
MacReady~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:22 pm

Post by MacReady~ »

In post 849, Fuchs~ wrote:
In post 694, Childs~ wrote:
In post 632, MacReady~ wrote:On a different note: Childs, if Clark is scum, how/when do you propose taking care of the slot?
The day my shot succeeds, obviously. Or if Clark shows up dead N1
Like, you were asked point blank when your plan reveals a clark assimilation, and your answer does not make any sense if you are 1 shot
Yeah this is weird
Not sure it makes them scum tho, I only half believe the 1shot claim regardless of their alignment
MacReady~
MacReady~
Goon
MacReady~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:23 pm

Post by MacReady~ »

Fuchs is town
I want to lim Windows today
Childs should absolutely not hero shoot
Palmer is approaching this from a townie POV
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:25 pm

Post by petapan »

Vote Count 2.01

Windows (2):
Palmer, Garry
Palmer (1):
Windows

Not Voting (8):
Bennings, Blair, Childs, Copper, Fuchs, Nauls, Norris, MacReady

With 11 alive, it's 6 to eliminate.

Deadline for Day 2 is November 20 at 10:00 AM EST.

Deadline Timer:
(expired on 2022-11-20 11:00:00)

soundtrack
Despair

▶ ❚❚ ───●──────────────────────────  0:32 / 4:46
Last edited by petapan on Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
free crypto
Childs~
Childs~
Goon
Childs~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:25 pm

Post by Childs~ »

In post 841, Fuchs~ wrote:
In post 833, Childs~ wrote:
In post 819, Fuchs~ wrote:There is a missing kill, and we have to all out if we are a protective. If there is a protective, then it is now uncertain if we childs even is scum, or if the kill was stopped, and the protective is outed. If there is not a protective, then we kill Childs dies. I see that that last line would be a pretty strong deterrent for you to do this gambit, and that is part of why I am still thinking and have not voted. If we do go the route of killing Windows first and he flips town, it is important that any protectives out there holster tonight.
For the record I really wanna shoot Fuchs at this point tbh.

I'm not interested in sharing my thoughts on protectives in light of the mailman and cop claims.

There's reasonable caution to be had, sure--but there's a difference between "reasonable caution" and "trying to salvage the scumteam that is in shambles".

And Fuchs pushing the idea that I'm a scum Lars is crossing into the latter.
See, you are not even asking if it makes sense for town to be worried about your assimilation.
I literally already addressed that.

Yes
, it makes sense for the town to be worried about my assimilation.

But I am very clearly me, still. Like, transparently self-evidently so, me. I can't be faked convincingly long-term.

And I've already shared aspects of my role that I didn't D1. Not one, but TWO different things. I didn't claim my flavor on D1 and I didn't claim my gate D1. (Btw another thing: I can explain my reason for my posting yesterday with that gate, too. I had good reason for everything I said there and can explain my posts in light of the 1x gate, too.)

Plus, I can explain my D1 thoughts--that's not exactly easy to fake, either. I didn't explain everything on D1 that I wanted to.

There's a difference between having reasonable caution, and pushing paranoia.

A difference between probability/plausibility, and arguing for a
possibility

It is
possible
that I am scum.

It is
possible
that Lars assimilated into me.

Possible.

Not probable.
In post 841, Fuchs~ wrote:you are the person who said : we need to comb over people's posts to check for assimilation. But then don't even consider the fact that I did just that to spot the emoji discrepency, or to think whether it makes since for a townie, who saw that, to be concerned.
Oh I did, but while the emoji discrepancy is there, quite deliberately so, the total package (as well as the posting volume, time I am around, etc.) is still there, and quite transparently so.

I can't prove I'm me in a single post.

But like--there's more signs of me being me than an emote discrepancy that was intentionally planted by me there, anyway. The mindset is something scum can't fake when trying to impersonate me. They would need to literally justify things that they would have no way of justifying as being a continuation of me.
Childs~
Childs~
Goon
Childs~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:28 pm

Post by Childs~ »

In post 844, MacReady~ wrote:I believe you're you, but I don't know what alignment you started with
Fortunately, I have a vig shot that can prove what alignment I am. :P
I wasn't planning on using it because fuck giving me a vig role (when it is ME having a vig, the use of a vig is best to confirm me as town, not to shoot scum), but I have that tool up my sleeve at any point.
MacReady~
MacReady~
Goon
MacReady~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:29 pm

Post by MacReady~ »

So from my POV:
Blair is conftown
Palmer and Fuchs are both strongly town
Childs is Childs of a mysterious alignment

Not on auto but there aren't a ton of slots for scum to be
Childs~
Childs~
Goon
Childs~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:32 pm

Post by Childs~ »

In post 845, Fuchs~ wrote:I went back to see if Childs reads on windows and Palmer day 1 carried over, and realized that every alignment post about both of those slots came before the childs replacement, and is therefore useless information.
Look, I got distracted, okay?

I was planning on catching up, but then I got distracted.

I saw the logic used for Clarke being scum as "oh Clarke's not giving anything, and Clarke made a claim and dipped, and is hiding behind the claim", and I agreed with that logic because by play I was scumreading Clarke.

But then, to make sure, I checked what Clarke had actually claimed, since as a vig I knew that I would have some insight into the town roles--and I saw that it was a jailkeeper, a jailkeeper claim that people were doubting...because it was unlikely for a vig to be in the game.

Something I knew was in fact in the game.

And that got me hyper-focused on trying to save Clarke.

I
did
leave some brief notes on what I did catch up on, mind you, but they were shit notes.
MacReady~
MacReady~
Goon
MacReady~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:32 pm

Post by MacReady~ »

In post 552, Clark~ wrote:
In post 544, Childs~ wrote:Clark, are you an ungated Jailkeeper?

As in, can act N1?
Yes, I can act N1
Also I'm baffled how an ungated jailkeeper claim made you think Clarke was town. How did this fit in with your novice 1shot vig claim, and you also lied yesterday when you sais you were ungated other than novice
Childs~
Childs~
Goon
Childs~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:32 pm

Post by Childs~ »

In post 846, MacReady~ wrote:
In post 822, Childs~ wrote:
In post 812, Fuchs~ wrote:But I am not confident that you are you, and therefore, think I would prefer we kill Palmer first.
Yeah fuck that.

If you push Palmer through I'm gunning for you (haha*) after the fact.
I can't literally shoot you since my shot is hard-locked to Windows then
, but I ain't gonna let that stand.

(*technically, my vig flavor is a flamethrower, not a gun, but...)
To be clear, if you target anyone outside of the other half of the 50-50 tonight in the event of a townflip I will do my best to lim you tomorrow
See bolded.
Childs~
Childs~
Goon
Childs~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:38 pm

Post by Childs~ »

In post 848, Fuchs~ wrote:How did your clark plan work if you were one shot?
To be honest?

I was bluffing.

My plan was to have Clarke be parked on me, and then for me to not actually
immediately
shoot, but pretend I had, relying on scum not actually knowing I was lying. I was planning to continuously look at Clarke to see if I felt a Thing had absorbed them, and as long as I felt Clarke was still Clarke, I was gonna holster--and then the first night I felt Clarke was not Clarke (or if Clarke was killed), I'd use my vig.

I claimed mostly to save Clarke yesterday. I left out that I was oneshot to bait scum.

My full stated plan wouldn't have worked since I couldn't take a shot every night. My
actual
plan, if Clarke was a town jailkeeper, would have.
In post 848, Fuchs~ wrote:this immediately stops working after night 2 if you really are 1 shot...
I mean, I only have one shot, but I wasn't planning to blow it N2. But if Clarke was a town jailkeeper, the scum wouldn't
know
I hadn't blown a shot N2.
Childs~
Childs~
Goon
Childs~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:39 pm

Post by Childs~ »

(Yes I get it, in hindsight Clarke being scum meant that my plan was much much much worse for the town than I thought with me being one-shot. But like, I didn't know, okay?)
MacReady~
MacReady~
Goon
MacReady~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:42 pm

Post by MacReady~ »

You realize this looks quite a lot like partner-you trying to save buddy-Clarke, right?
MacReady~
MacReady~
Goon
MacReady~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:43 pm

Post by MacReady~ »

I'm still somewhat puzzled by the fact that scum chose to kill Lars (unless, I suppose, scum assimilated into someone other than the obvious Childs. Not sure we'd have a great way to detect that though)
Childs~
Childs~
Goon
Childs~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:43 pm

Post by Childs~ »

In post 849, Fuchs~ wrote:
In post 694, Childs~ wrote:
In post 632, MacReady~ wrote:On a different note: Childs, if Clark is scum, how/when do you propose taking care of the slot?
The day my shot succeeds, obviously. Or if Clark shows up dead N1
Like, you were asked point blank when your plan reveals a clark assimilation, and your answer does not make any sense if you are 1 shot
It does if you keep in mind that I was exaggerating in a bit of a lie that was a big bluff.

I am one-shot but I had a plan to shoot the first night I felt like I needed to
actually
test Clarke--not N2, but on every night after that, ask, "is this the night I test?", by reviewing the prior day. Maybe N3, but probably not. And probably N4 regardless.

I was planning on claiming the truth after I took the real shot, and explaining that, no, I didn't actually shoot the other nights.

Me pretending to shoot when I didn't
actually
shoot, after all, could catch scum in a fakeclaim, after all. If they claimed a result expecting it to be true thanks to my shot, but I didn't actually shoot, then I'd have outted a scum because the scum lacked the critical information to know.

I get that the plan had multiple failure conditions, but with Clarke as town, it wasn't a bad plan and I stand by it having been a good idea in theory.
Childs~
Childs~
Goon
Childs~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:45 pm

Post by Childs~ »

In post 850, Windows~ wrote:Scum!you can lie about flavour and who's going to disprove it?
Sure, but scum-me doesn't have a shot to take!
In post 852, MacReady~ wrote:I only half believe the 1shot claim regardless of their alignment
Scum have no PRs, so if the 1-shot is real, the claim is real.
Childs~
Childs~
Goon
Childs~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:47 pm

Post by Childs~ »

In post 853, MacReady~ wrote:Childs should absolutely not hero shoot
I mean, I made it quite clear that my accuracy with a vig is shit and I don't want to hero-vig a shot.

But like.

If I were to shoot without being leashed after a Windows-scum elimination it'd be Fuchs because Fuchs looks like he's trying to save Windows.

(And this is why I said that if we want me to shoot after a scum elimination today, I should be leashed.)
MacReady~
MacReady~
Goon
MacReady~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:49 pm

Post by MacReady~ »

I mean that I have no particular reason to believe that the gate is 1shot, you already lied about the existence of said gate.

I believe that if you're town you're some sort of vig. I dont know what the gate is, and I don't trust whatever you claim the gate to be

And wrt your plan. Yes, great plan if Clarke was town. But they weren't, and your plan didn't account for that possibility, and in fact would have obfuscated matters greatly if we had gone through with it since you lied

Pedit
You should be leashed, yes. Do not shoot Fuchs
Childs~
Childs~
Goon
Childs~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:57 pm

Post by Childs~ »

In post 859, MacReady~ wrote:
In post 552, Clark~ wrote:
In post 544, Childs~ wrote:Clark, are you an ungated Jailkeeper?
As in, can act N1?
Yes, I can act N1
Also I'm baffled how an ungated jailkeeper claim made you think Clarke was town. How did this fit in with your novice 1shot vig claim, and you also lied yesterday when you said you were ungated other than novice
It was specifically
because
of my double gates (Novice + 1x) that I thought the Jailkeeper
needed
to be true.

A Novice 1x Vig gets the game on even numbers. Even numbers doesn't actually give the town an extra elimination.
The vig conftowns themselves with a shot, but their target is still left unflipped.

Without the jailkeeper to give a way to get back onto odds, I thought that the setup wouldn't fit.
I was wrong.

And, I said on D1 at the end I had lied about no gate other than novice, so this isn't a new-to-D2 thing:
In post 700, Childs~ wrote:WHEN Clark flips town jailkeeper and I die immediately after that, I suppose I should tell you for the future that I lied about having my only gate be Novice, there's another gate beyond that.
A quite severe one actually but I wasn't gonna out that without reason
. (It's just that now that I'm a guaranteed N1 death I have no choice but to since it won't flip when I die.)
Admittedly, me having said that means it's not hard for scum to
guess
it was 1x with the other TPRs claiming oneshot.

Buuuuuuuuuuuut, you can't have your cake and eat it, too.
It's possible for scum to guess I am oneshot after Palmer claims oneshot if Palmer is town and with Blair claiming oneshot and being town.

...But if Palmer isn't town, then instead of two town PR claims, you've only got one.

And it's much much harder for scum to guess I'm oneshot with only one TPR claimed.

Basically, your options are,
Either
: scum could guess I am oneshot because Palmer is oneshot and Blair is oneshot,
OR
: Scum could not guess I am oneshot because Palmer is scum and Blair is the only TPR fullclaimed.

You can't push the idea that scum could guess I was oneshot and that Palmer is scum claiming oneshot.

The scum wouldn't know what the composition of the town PRs was--if they did, then they'd probably have claimed a gate on the jailkeeper.
So basically, while scum knew I was heavily gated, they couldn't have known I was oneshot.
Fuchs~
Fuchs~
Goon
Fuchs~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:02 pm

Post by Fuchs~ »

This page has both somewhat alleviated my concern that childs is not childs, while simultaneously making me very frustrated with childs for their plan yesterday. Like, the attempt to force the town into a game plan, based on a lie, that only actually works if you read is right, and fucks the town over if it is wrong...

While leaving the possibility of misinformation for the town, because if they did die their pm does not flip to clear up where they lied...

But also, this page is the first page that actually reads in a way that makes me fairly confident that they are the same person.
MacReady~
MacReady~
Goon
MacReady~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:03 pm

Post by MacReady~ »

Yeah it's them
I just get .... super annoyed when town lies about their role for no good reason

And I'm still a little paranoid of scum-Childs world
Childs~
Childs~
Goon
Childs~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:05 pm

Post by Childs~ »

In post 863, MacReady~ wrote:You realize this looks quite a lot like partner-you trying to save buddy-Clarke, right?
Oh from the moment Clarke flipped scum, yeah!

But I am town.

I thought Clarke was town.

Also just so y'all know, the narratives that I am scum with Clarke (and apparently Palmer) and that Lars absorbed me (and is scum with Palmer) are kinda sorta--y'know. Polar opposites.

If I was scum enough to look like scum with Clarke, then it's pretty damn unlikely Lars would absorb me, now, isn't it?
Fuchs~
Fuchs~
Goon
Fuchs~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:14 pm

Post by Fuchs~ »

In post 820, Childs~ wrote:If I used it as much D1 as I would normally be inclined to, then on D2 someone would use it as much as I am.

It was specifically me holding back that made it easier for me to identify me as me today.
Just gotta say, this is a dumb plan.

If you make your self different, on purpose, day 1. And then don't do it day 2, the end result is not to make it EASIER to identify you on day 2.

Instead, that purposeful difference just... makes the days look different...
Fuchs~
Fuchs~
Goon
Fuchs~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:23 pm

Post by Fuchs~ »

* Purposefully changes typing pattern from day 1 -> day 2

* Sees someone spot the difference and thinks its indicative of an assimilation

Spoiler: *

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”