Copper~
Copper~
Townie
Copper~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:02 pm

Post by Copper~ »

In post 723, Palmer~ wrote:I'm a 1-shot Cop, and I have a guilty.

VOTE: Windows

For anyone wondering, that is partly why I was playing kind of quietly on Day 1. I didn't wanna risk being widely townread and getting assimilated.
Voting when I finish my catchup.
Windows~
Windows~
Townie
Windows~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:30 pm

Post by Windows~ »

In post 763, petapan wrote:
Assimilation does not grant a thing access to the previous player's role information or night actions. Any private messages sent to or from the previous occupant would be wiped.
Palmer seems so sure, yet is so wrong. It makes no sense to me.

Honestly I feel like petapan might have slipped an unreliable cop in here. It would only barely be bastard given this theme and setup. I want to believe Childs and Palmer are scumbuddies but I just don't.

VOTE: Copper who's dipped out of the whole of today and was my scumread yesterday.
Windows~
Windows~
Townie
Windows~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:32 pm

Post by Windows~ »

Not sure why that post got quoted there but hey ho.
MacReady~
MacReady~
Goon
MacReady~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:39 pm

Post by MacReady~ »

It's wild to me that you're going with 'unreliable town cop' Palmer over 'scum Palmer'
Fuchs~
Fuchs~
Goon
Fuchs~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:44 pm

Post by Fuchs~ »

In post 899, Blair~ wrote:
Journal Entry#2Image

November 11th 2022: McMurdo Station, Antarctica

I'll never forget his eyes as he stared at me. The tears, the begging, the pleading.

After we locked him in the cage he banged on it piteously screaming that he was human. that we were
wrong
. that he had a wife and kids waiting for him in Canada.

The decision had already been made - to falter now would be to plunge into the darkness and surrender to
them
. At least that's what we told ourselves as we began spraying him with the flamethrowers.

The smell of burning flesh. His screaming reaching new heights as his skin began to burn under the heat. I had to force myself to keep looking. To
see
if I had condemned an innocent man.

As his body withered away under the flames,
it
rushed out at us; faster than the eye could see it slammed into bars with force that bent them in a dozen places. Too late..

It screamed at us as it thrashed against the cage, the last death struggles of a dying monster. I could see murderous intent in its eyes. It hated us so much.

We burned it for another hour after it stopped moving just to make sure. Exhausted - we cleaned up the ashes and made our way back to our bunks.

None of us would sleep well that night.
HEAL: Blair
Fuchs~
Fuchs~
Goon
Fuchs~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:45 pm

Post by Fuchs~ »

In post 903, MacReady~ wrote:It's wild to me that you're going with 'unreliable town cop' Palmer over 'scum Palmer'
Agreed
Windows~
Windows~
Townie
Windows~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:54 pm

Post by Windows~ »

In post 903, MacReady~ wrote:It's wild to me that you're going with 'unreliable town cop' Palmer over 'scum Palmer'
To be fair it's a choice between "unreliable town cop Palmer" and "scum Palmer plus scum Childs". And aside from Palmer's claim on me I see them both as town.
Palmer~
Palmer~
Townie
Palmer~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:50 pm

Post by Palmer~ »

In post 879, MacReady~ wrote:Palmer, maybe you answered this, but why did you target Windows?
My thought process was as follows:

First,
innocent results are completely useless in this setup
. Roles don't flip, and my alignment potentially doesn't either - I cannot leave crumbs and softs that people will pick up on after I'm dead. So the only way of making my result known is either outright claiming it, or very VERY strongly hinting at it.

Except, if I do that, then the innocent result is only valid on Day 2. Even if we assume that scum didn't already assimilate into the scummy town slot I checked... they have eyes. They can see that I'd be hinting at a clear. And the possibility of them having assimilated into the slot I checked as town, means that the slot is no longer actually checked as town.

So the goal was to get a guilty, and pray that scum doesn't end up assimilating away from it.

My first assumption was that there is going to be scum on Clark's wagon. The way she was playing, and my own feelings on the gamestate made me think that. Scum loves bussing. So I narrowed my cop shot pool to [Garry, Blair, Lars, Fuchs, Bennings, Windows, Nauls].

My second assumption was that scum wasn't going to push Clark right out the gate and continuously through to the elimination. So I ended up removing Garry and Blair. Fuchs I thought was town for his push on me and the vote in , Lars I thought was town for the EoD discussion with me, Nauls I was continuously townreading, and upon skimming his ISO again, I didn't feel like I was wrong on that.

So it was down to Bennings and Windows. I searched their ISOs for "Clark" and "vote:" to see if there's anything interesting I missed. Bennings' ISO barely mentions Clark, but there is this odd jump onto Clark in and . This looked too on the nose for scum that's bussing. Windows' ISO has a lot more mentions of Clark, but they're not actually talking with her, they're weirdly... explaining around her slot - , , , . None of this gave me an honest impression of Windows trying to sort the slot, it mostly seemed like busywork and trying to appear like he's solving. And compare Windows' jump onto Clark in with Bennings' in and tell me which one looks more like scum trying to give fake confidence and towncred for their vote.

And I guess there was still the things I was scumreading Windows on Day 1, the ISO reminded me of that too. So I decided to trust myself and cop Windows.
Palmer~
Palmer~
Townie
Palmer~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:58 pm

Post by Palmer~ »

In post 901, Windows~ wrote:
In post 763, petapan wrote:
Assimilation does not grant a thing access to the previous player's role information or night actions. Any private messages sent to or from the previous occupant would be wiped.
Palmer seems so sure, yet is so wrong. It makes no sense to me.

Honestly I feel like petapan might have slipped an unreliable cop in here. It would only barely be bastard given this theme and setup. I want to believe Childs and Palmer are scumbuddies but I just don't.

VOTE: Copper who's dipped out of the whole of today and was my scumread yesterday.
To quote myself from the movie:

"You gotta be fucking kidding."
Palmer~
Palmer~
Townie
Palmer~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:02 am

Post by Palmer~ »

In case anyone is wondering: my role PM, paraphrasing, states that I can target a player and learn whether they're a human or a thing. From what I understand, the only way Windows can be town here is if he's a miller who is not aware of the fact that he's a miller. Which, well, if that ends up being the case... Pray for petapan, because he's gonna need it.
Palmer~
Palmer~
Townie
Palmer~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:07 am

Post by Palmer~ »

Anyway, my thoughts on Day 1, with the knowledge that Windows is scum: all of Garry, Blair, MacReady, Fuchs, Nauls, Norris, Copper, Childs are town. Which, hm, now that I typed it out. Either the scumteam is exactly Bennings/Windows, or I'm misreading someone.

And this is purposefully not talking about assimilations, because I don't currently feel like anyone is significantly different, which is a blow to my confidence about determining assimilations. Or they actually did kill town-Lars to make us paranoia townie slots. I don't know.
Windows~
Windows~
Townie
Windows~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:11 am

Post by Windows~ »

Miller seems even more bastardly than unreliable cop?

But having a full sane cop in this game seems hard to balance though.

Anyhow no point dragging the day out now that we're pretty sure Childs wasn't assimilated.

Childs if you're town please vig Palmer tonight, my townflip will prove Palmer's scum.
Palmer~
Palmer~
Townie
Palmer~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:15 am

Post by Palmer~ »

Also, it's kind of funny to see Windows arguing that it's "objectively" correct to burn me first because of "mechanics"... When what are the assumptions for me being scum?

- The team is exactly Clark/Palmer/Childs. (I think it's fair to assume neither of me and Childs got newly assimilated, due to Childs being Childs, and me pointing out a D1 soft.)

- Once Clark claimed, I tried to shut down any other potential claims, focus on dayplay, and get Clark eliminated. WHILE Childs jumped in and claimed a confirmable town power role.

- On Day 2, we decided to fakeclaim a guilty on an already somewhat scummy slot. And Childs decided to confirm they can still shoot tonight. Which means that, even if Palmer wins the 1v1, Palmer has to assimilate away, and Childs has to claim the shot, and claim that scum no-killed or the kill got saved. You know how that ends?

Whereas the assumptions needed for Windows to be scum it: Windows got redchecked by a cop.
Windows~
Windows~
Townie
Windows~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:42 am

Post by Windows~ »

This day has been super interesting as a reaction test but it is now time for me to reveal the proof that Palmer's claim to have a guilty is a lie. I was hoping not to have to out my role but,

I am a
0.5-shot rolecop

The flavour gist of my power role is that, as my character is a radio operator I can send and receive information so I can find out about other players, but because our reception is so poor I can only make out every second letter of the message I receive.

(This is in contrast to the television aerials who got married - their wedding was nice enough, but their reception was fantastic!
(Apparently for their honeymoon they went across the Channel.
(Married life didn't suit them though, they got into a fight in a bar, about whether VHF or UHF is better. They were both band.
(Now they've split up - she's kept the house, he's gone to live with his Aunt Anna.
(She makes him his favourite sandwiches - tuner.
(I heard he's now dating a satellite receiver. He says she's quite a dish.))))))

Anyhow, last night I investigated Palmer and got back the following result:

*h*n*

This proves that Palmer is either a Thing, or a Phony, or a river (either the Rhone or the Rhine). Possibly even a Thong. But definitely not a one shot cop, or I would have received *n*s*o*c*p. Or o*e*h*t*o* depending which ear I was listening with at the time.

So, time to vote out Palmer.

VOTE: Palmer
MacReady~
MacReady~
Goon
MacReady~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:59 am

Post by MacReady~ »

While that post is hilarious, I think it's pretty clear Windows is lolcatting.

I'm fine ending the day here with a lim on Windows, with the understanding that if they somehow flip town, Childs is shooting Palmer, and otherwise holstering
Palmer~
Palmer~
Townie
Palmer~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:04 am

Post by Palmer~ »

Should we make Childs shoot to confirm themselves when Windows flips scum, though? We know they shot town if the game doesn't end, and it's probably a good idea to confirm the slot as town?
Blair~
Blair~
Townie
Blair~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:08 am

Post by Blair~ »

In post 914, MacReady~ wrote:I'm fine ending the day here with a lim on Windows, with the understanding that if they somehow flip town, Childs is shooting Palmer, and otherwise holstering
we can discuss who Childs should shoot after Windows flips scum and not waste the day
Blair~
Blair~
Townie
Blair~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:09 am

Post by Blair~ »

In post 913, Windows~ wrote:This day has been super interesting as a reaction test but it is now time for me to reveal the proof that Palmer's claim to have a guilty is a lie. I was hoping not to have to out my role but,

I am a
0.5-shot rolecop

The flavour gist of my power role is that, as my character is a radio operator I can send and receive information so I can find out about other players, but because our reception is so poor I can only make out every second letter of the message I receive.

(This is in contrast to the television aerials who got married - their wedding was nice enough, but their reception was fantastic!
(Apparently for their honeymoon they went across the Channel.
(Married life didn't suit them though, they got into a fight in a bar, about whether VHF or UHF is better. They were both band.
(Now they've split up - she's kept the house, he's gone to live with his Aunt Anna.
(She makes him his favourite sandwiches - tuner.
(I heard he's now dating a satellite receiver. He says she's quite a dish.))))))

*h*n*

This proves that Palmer is either a Thing, or a Phony, or a river (either the Rhone or the Rhine). Possibly even a Thong. But definitely not a one shot cop, or I would have received *n*s*o*c*p. Or o*e*h*t*o* depending which ear I was listening with at the time.

10/10
MacReady~
MacReady~
Goon
MacReady~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:20 am

Post by MacReady~ »

In post 915, Palmer~ wrote:Should we make Childs shoot to confirm themselves when Windows flips scum, though? We know they shot town if the game doesn't end, and it's probably a good idea to confirm the slot as town?
In post 916, Blair~ wrote:
In post 914, MacReady~ wrote:I'm fine ending the day here with a lim on Windows, with the understanding that if they somehow flip town, Childs is shooting Palmer, and otherwise holstering
we can discuss who Childs should shoot after Windows flips scum and not waste the day
Fair enuf. I think I would want Childs to shoot Bennings or Copper
Palmer~
Palmer~
Townie
Palmer~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:28 am

Post by Palmer~ »

You think Windows/Copper can be S/S? Windows' insistence on D1 that Copper made a contradiction didn't seem like it to me... Not to mention that Clark and Windows were voting Copper as a CW to Clark for quite a bit of D1.
MacReady~
MacReady~
Goon
MacReady~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:32 am

Post by MacReady~ »

Honestly, I don't know who the third is. I feel like I found two, and now I'm just going up from the bottom of my reads.

I haven't looked at any slots in relation to Clarke/Windows, or how likely they seem to be partners with them though

I can take a closer look at both a little later ^
Fuchs~
Fuchs~
Goon
Fuchs~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:09 am

Post by Fuchs~ »

In post 913, Windows~ wrote:This day has been super interesting as a reaction test but it is now time for me to reveal the proof that Palmer's claim to have a guilty is a lie. I was hoping not to have to out my role but,

I am a
0.5-shot rolecop

--

*h*n*

It is pretty funny how bad this is. It really helps when scum just out themselves.

*has this result [*h*n*g]*
*makes post 901*
In post 901, Windows~ wrote:I feel like petapan might have slipped an unreliable cop in here.
Also the implication that a rolecop in this game would get the result "thing" for a thing, when role cops are pretty explicitly designed to tell you a role but not an alignment.
Fuchs~
Fuchs~
Goon
Fuchs~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:14 am

Post by Fuchs~ »

Walking into the night with a hard cleared Palmer and a hard cleared Blair feels good.

Childs shooting also clears Childs. So, Childs should probably shoot now that we are going down to 1 scum.
Fuchs~
Fuchs~
Goon
Fuchs~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:18 am

Post by Fuchs~ »

Blair~
Palmer~
MacReady~

Copper~
Norris~

Garry~
Nauls~
Bennings~

Not looking back at all yet, just vaguely looking at the player list on where I would plant the shot.

Gonna look back over the bottom three for partner-y things
Fuchs~
Fuchs~
Goon
Fuchs~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:42 am

Post by Fuchs~ »

Garry

Very consistently pushed Clark from the start

Windows: Declines to vote windows with no read in 93
Has windows as one of his top town read in 221, still going in 537

The weirdest thing to me, is seeing the strength of his Windows town read, and the level of his Palmer town read
In post 667, Garry~ wrote:I'm slightly tring palmer for latest posts.
It feels genuine and they seem to be trying to solve.
And then immediately trusting the Palmer result, and even voting. There is no hesitancy - and multiplied with 818 where he agrees with my comments about Childs, but then lands on "even if childs has been assimilated, I think that Palmer is town." Which I guess means he was landing on the Windows+Childs possibility, which feels off given his prior relative reads on Windows and Palmer.

I can see this being a scum reaction to a partner being guiltied.

All in all, I got the impression: does not look very partnered with Clark, maybe partnered with windows

Nauls
I was worried about Nauls, because I was seeing a lots of fencesitting about Clark, but then I hit this post
In post 404, Nauls~ wrote:
Clark is on E-2. Do not vote vote him.

With scum being able to jump accounts, putting someone on E-1 means scum could safely hammer and then jump away.

Also the fact the moment where the current wagons get questioned and momentum towards a Windows wagon actually starts to form, 2 players randomly show up to reawaken the Clark wagon, which they’ve been quiet on for a while. Veeeery iffy on that.

Fuchs in particular looks bad.
Windows only mentioned Fuchs once ever and it wasn’t even when talking about their alignment. Fuchs has been quiet on Windows’ alignment and suddenly decided they liked a single post from Windows, then following that up with the vote on Clark saying they think all other wagons are on town.
May I remind you that Fuchs very briefly calling a single one of Windows’ post townie is his entire stance there.
Doesn’t help that every Fuchs post since 83 has varied from meh to bad and the Palmer push still looks terrible.

Pedit: kind of looks more like scum defending a townie than scum/scum actually, which is interesting. Though it could just be Fuchs trying to justify a read that has no actual justification because he just made it up, regardless of Windows’ alignment.
Ppedit: disagree. Scum can find things they assume to be gotchas and cling onto them, it’s not a purely town thing.
Pppedit: Timing! :lol:
And the freak out to save partner 1, while moving your vote to partner 2, seems like an unlikely course of action.

I am going to actually say its just not Nauls lol.

Bennings does not do much talking about clark at all until 522, which is after he has claimed. Here he is calling their play around claiming bad, but it comes after both myself, macready, and Palmer have all said the same analysis of his play. He then starts getting more on board with the Clark wagon, but not until after it seemed pretty inevitable

Bennings make 0 statements on Window's alignment during the whole game. This is the closest it ever gets
In post 521, Bennings~ wrote:
In post 512, Windows~ wrote:If they were stupid enough to try they aren't going to be stupid enough to try now you've pointed it out... I don't see the town motivation for posting this now rather than say sometime in D2.
also to follow up on this, why would scum even write this in the thread, then? feels nitpicky to say it's not town motivated but not see that it's also very difficult for it to be scum motivated?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”