She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:21 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 4, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
The Great Council

King Jaehaerys I has passed away unexpectedly in his sleep. The line of succession is unclear - as great lords and ladies, you have been summoned to Kings Landing to restore order to the Realm....

The Iron Throne can not stay empty for long, you have seven days to select the next King of Westeros.

Game Conditions:

Vote for the player you wish to crown King. With twenty one players alive, eleven votes will select a monarch - plurality rules will apply at the deadline.

The King shall have the following abilities;

King of the Andals, the Rhoynar, and the First Men

You may execute a player during the day - this will end the day and replace the normal voting mechanism - this ability can not be used on consecutive days.

Lord of the Seven Kingdoms

You must select players to join your small council which will aid you in ruling the realm. Players may not refuse appointments to the small council.

Protector of the Realm

All abilities except for killing abilities will not work on you. Killing abilities will not work on you if the Kingsguard are loyal to you
The bolded is the relevant phrase. The King is Ascetic to all abilities, and killing abilities will be prevented if the Kingsguard they appoint are loyal to you, which I believe means "share your alignment" but Pooky probably should have phrased it more accurately given it's rules text.

Says nothing about vote to eliminate, though obviously the King may overrule one of those.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:24 am

Are we all on the same page now? Does everyone understand how this is going to work?

We'll vote for a King, the King will appoint their 7 small council seats, which includes their Successor and 6 others with power, who will also appoint Kingsguard who if loyal to the king means the king cannot be executed by killing abilities and the king is normally immune to all other abilities.

So, in general... the math of the game is hung on a knife's edge and people should be far more concerned with finding and backing their most townie candidate, even if they think that player would be a "bad king", so long as they are town and they're willing to listen and allow the game to progress... we're in a better spot than the alternative which is one bad vote away from death.

Addmittedly, the unknown roles are possibly available to prevent that world? Maybe one of the small council has a govern ability they may use to stop a king's execution? But agian, if the king appoints their Small Council, then it's important the first king is town or we might see those abilities as scum controlled anyway

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:26 am

Post by Dannflor »

Lady Lambdadelta what are your reads

also who is actually disagreeing that finding a town for King is important
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:28 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 229, Datisi wrote:
In post 220, Dannflor wrote:I like want to townread Datisi but if I'm honest with myself his posts make me feel nothing
then why do you *want* to townread me?
I think surface level skimming your posts my heart says town but when I drill down deeper I don't really see anything that I think is unlikely to be faked from you

also I just like you and if you rolled scum I would be a little bit heart broken
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:28 am

Speaking of

Vote: UNOwen

This is my most confident pick for town at the moment, though I suspect they would struggle to be king.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:30 am

In post 277, Dannflor wrote:Lady Lambdadelta what are your reads

also who is actually disagreeing that finding a town for King is important
The people who seem to be more concerned with someone's quality for king over their actual status? and the people who seem content to lurk through this phase and solve it in the next one.

On face everyone will agree a townie needs to be king, but actions aren't lining up with intent. We're on path to select a king from the most active most friendly face, I think, which is likely to be a recipe for disaster.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:31 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 269, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 261, Andresvmb wrote:Like what an annoying and horrific argument from someone who could just ask questions. I wasn’t arguing for mechanics and obviously a King that’s empowered to lead the Town astray very quickly becomes decisive. It’s actually why I think this vote is very important. And what does it have anything to do with math?
You're suggesting we attempt to force a king to select a successor by popular vote, or we will eliminate that king.

The king can simply execute dissidents, and has no need to obey such requirements.

You're pushing what is effectively a losing strategy by trying to leash a King, when in reality this first vote for king is the most important.

So why are you looking forward towards something that won't work instead of sorting players from who you think are town or not?
Right, the King can just eliminate an entire majority of the game if the majority strongly feels a player should be the Successor with no consequences, and we will all just acquiesce and nothing can be done.

I’m not pushing any strategy. You’re completely misrepresenting my point and it’s annoying. I argued for what optimally I feel a Town King should do. I was expressing an ideal. I think a King or Queen should try ideally to listen to his or her subjects. I think a King or Queen that goes their own way, crushes dissent and fails to listen, and starts just executing people that disagree, is highly likely to be Scum and should be executed. You’re almost implying that I’m arguing that the choice of King or Queen doesn’t matter because we can leash them. Which is absolutely not what I’m saying and idiotic. You’re fighting an argument I’m not making because you’re trying to paint me as dense for reasons I totally do not understand.

To be clear. The choice of King or Queen is important. I think the Scum have an important incentive to take control of the role. I think a King or Queen playing optimally should want to devolve power to more players, layered with their own personal views, experience, and concerns. I don’t think Scum is likely to listen, particularly if the majority is lead by Strong Town, but I personally don’t think that the Scum as King or Queen would absolutely just start executing people and ignoring everything because then they would out themselves and I’m not as convinced that a trade 1 for 1 here makes sense all the time. I do understand your point that someone elected King or Queen is probably going to have an outsized voice and is likely to be able to drive a mis execution as Scum. So again, we don’t disagree. You’re just arguing points I’m not making and insulting me, and then doubling down on the insults.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:32 am

Well, Dann, let me just say that if your name starts with D, I Don't Trust You currently.

Actually let me stretch that to A as well, wow that works cleanly.

I'm not sure who in that group of 5 names is actually scum but I don't trust the way any of you have approached the past 10 pages.

I also dislike Shea and Ti- Oh, hey, I'm not trustful of T's either.

Mastina is being a wildcard, which is standard.

I like Rhae, UNOwen, Luke and Junko for town, currently.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:34 am

Post by Dannflor »

Why aren't you explaining and trying to convince others of your UNOwen read
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:36 am

In post 281, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 269, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 261, Andresvmb wrote:Like what an annoying and horrific argument from someone who could just ask questions. I wasn’t arguing for mechanics and obviously a King that’s empowered to lead the Town astray very quickly becomes decisive. It’s actually why I think this vote is very important. And what does it have anything to do with math?
You're suggesting we attempt to force a king to select a successor by popular vote, or we will eliminate that king.

The king can simply execute dissidents, and has no need to obey such requirements.

You're pushing what is effectively a losing strategy by trying to leash a King, when in reality this first vote for king is the most important.

So why are you looking forward towards something that won't work instead of sorting players from who you think are town or not?
Right, the King can just eliminate an entire majority of the game if the majority strongly feels a player should be the Successor with no consequences, and we will all just acquiesce and nothing can be done.

I’m not pushing any strategy. You’re completely misrepresenting my point and it’s annoying. I argued for what optimally I feel a Town King should do. I was expressing an ideal. I think a King or Queen should try ideally to listen to his or her subjects. I think a King or Queen that goes their own way, crushes dissent and fails to listen, and starts just executing people that disagree, is highly likely to be Scum and should be executed. You’re almost implying that I’m arguing that the choice of King or Queen doesn’t matter because we can leash them. Which is absolutely not what I’m saying and idiotic. You’re fighting an argument I’m not making because you’re trying to paint me as dense for reasons I totally do not understand.

To be clear. The choice of King or Queen is important. I think the Scum have an important incentive to take control of the role. I think a King or Queen playing optimally should want to devolve power to more players, layered with their own personal views, experience, and concerns. I don’t think Scum is likely to listen, particularly if the majority is lead by Strong Town, but I personally don’t think that the Scum as King or Queen would absolutely just start executing people and ignoring everything because then they would out themselves and I’m not as convinced that a trade 1 for 1 here makes sense all the time. I do understand your point that someone elected King or Queen is probably going to have an outsized voice and is likely to be able to drive a mis execution as Scum. So again, we don’t disagree. You’re just arguing points I’m not making and insulting me, and then doubling down on the insults.
I'm not insulting you, I'm saying you have a bad plan and I'm asking if you're being purposefully dense for the sake of dodging something, the answer being "no" it seems.

Ideal is the exact word I would use for what you're trying to do here. You're suggesting that Kings democratically function and leashing them and that's just not going to Lapin.

You've spent more coherent words on me poking at you than you have spent trying to form a townblock of players who should form a small council to begin with. You are so focused on the ideal and taking your time getting anywhere you may as well be twiddling your thumbs.

Instead of trying to make arguments about how you want the kingship to work, how about you try finding me... I dunno, 5 people you think are town and one of those you think is the most town to make king.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:39 am

In post 283, Dannflor wrote:Why aren't you explaining and trying to convince others of your UNOwen read
I am.

Why are you asking looping rhetorical questions that are specifically worded in ways to try and lead assumptions to players who read them?

You haven't asked me a single question yet about why I believe what I believe, instead you asked me two questions to try to pin me down to something and then followed up with a trap of "well if you believe that, why aren't you pushing it?"

This is why I don't trust you.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:43 am

To restate for those who go and read this later, in a way that is much more direct.

Why do you think Dann asked me what my reads were and then why I wasn't pushing them, skipping over asking me the intermediary step of "why do you think X is town?"

An exercise left to the reader, I think.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:44 am

Post by Andresvmb »

Fuck me. I tried clarifying what I meant and you’re insisting on stupid.

Did I ever make the point that King’s function democratically? Did I ever as much as imply that? Anyone? What makes you think I’m not reading to try and figure out alignment? I mean it’s almost like I haven’t expressed any views even though… I have. I’m starting to think you’re Scum only because you’re dismissing what I’m saying in a way that makes no sense. So why don’t I ask you - is your position that the King or Queen should ignore its subjects (or even more narrowly, it’s Council), when selecting a Successor? Will you, as Queen, make decisions while ignoring everyone else’s opinions? How do you intend to use the power of day execution, if picked to be Queen?

It’s way too early for me to have a Town block of 7 players that I would fully trust as a Small Council if I were picked King. Like way too early. I was sharing what I had, and also debating with VPB about why I didn’t want to be King. It was a response to a question, and not a proposal for a strategy.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:44 am

Post by Dannflor »

I don't like the way you're approaching this conversation

It feels like you're focusing on mech over substance but it's dressed up by an experienced player to make it seem like you're doing the Most Pro Town Thing Ever

I don't trust how you're presenting this pick as Very Important as if it is revelatory information and everyone else is just game throwing when I don't think that's a very genuine perspective on the game. It feels like theatrics. and I'm trying to get you to explain your reads first because I feel like if you genuinely believe what you're saying that's where your priority should lie?

can you explain your Rhae and UNOwen reads in particular
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:45 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 286, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:To restate for those who go and read this later, in a way that is much more direct.

Why do you think Dann asked me what my reads were and then why I wasn't pushing them, skipping over asking me the intermediary step of "why do you think X is town?"

I don't think I should have to ask you to explain a read that seems very unpopular given what you've posted about the game so far
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:46 am

In post 287, Andresvmb wrote:Fuck me. I tried clarifying what I meant and you’re insisting on stupid.

Did I ever make the point that King’s function democratically? Did I ever as much as imply that? Anyone? What makes you think I’m not reading to try and figure out alignment? I mean it’s almost like I haven’t expressed any views even though… I have. I’m starting to think you’re Scum only because you’re dismissing what I’m saying in a way that makes no sense. So why don’t I ask you - is your position that the King or Queen should ignore its subjects (or even more narrowly, it’s Council), when selecting a Successor? Will you, as Queen, make decisions while ignoring everyone else’s opinions? How do you intend to use the power of day execution, if picked to be Queen?

It’s way too early for me to have a Town block of 7 players that I would fully trust as a Small Council if I were picked King. Like way too early. I was sharing what I had, and also debating with VPB about why I didn’t want to be King. It was a response to a question, and not a proposal for a strategy.
I didn't ask for 7, I asked for 5 people you have good vibes about and one who you support to be king.

Am I asking for too much? Are you assuming I want you to marry yourself to these choices?

You're a human, you have the prerogative to change your mind, fuck me. Hell it's fine to say "I don't have that right now"

what's not okay is not then seeking it out as a response to that. Like if you can't name 5 people you think are likely to be town at this point, you should probably be looking much harder.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:46 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 285, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 283, Dannflor wrote:Why aren't you explaining and trying to convince others of your UNOwen read
I am.

Why are you asking looping rhetorical questions that are specifically worded in ways to try and lead assumptions to players who read them?

You haven't asked me a single question yet about why I believe what I believe, instead you asked me two questions to try to pin me down to something and then followed up with a trap of "well if you believe that, why aren't you pushing it?"

You've done the same to me. You asked me a rhetorical question to make it look like I’m not Scum hunting without asking me for my views, all because you misread what I wrote and felt the need to insult my intelligence.
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:46 am

Post by JunkoChan »

In post 273, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 262, JunkoChan wrote:nvm I see what you mean
I am going to assume this means you understood the math that was processed (including nightkill math). I also understand the king may not execute twice in a row, but the math accounts for that, and even assumed we kill the bad king every chance we get.

If you need a more indepth explination I'll write it in word form but as it stands, I am assuming you pieced it together?
ya I got it, without something like a town vigilante hitting mafia or a doctor saving a target there's a tight space for mislim if the first king is mafia
For how to play with JunkoChan, click on my wiki!

I will inflict you with the pain of a thousand slapping anime girls ~thenewearth
you do know if you kill me that's a one way ticket to execution-ville ~Iprobablysuck
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:46 am

Post by Dannflor »

like I think if it's true that you believe it's dire that we promote the absolute towniest candidate for town

and you also have a strong town read that so far no one else has seemed to agree on

your posts should be focused more on that than convincing everyone of something that I don't think anyone actually needs to be convinced of
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:48 am

In post 288, Dannflor wrote:I don't like the way you're approaching this conversation

It feels like you're focusing on mech over substance but it's dressed up by an experienced player to make it seem like you're doing the Most Pro Town Thing Ever

I don't trust how you're presenting this pick as Very Important as if it is revelatory information and everyone else is just game throwing when I don't think that's a very genuine perspective on the game. It feels like theatrics. and I'm trying to get you to explain your reads first because I feel like if you genuinely believe what you're saying that's where your priority should lie?

can you explain your Rhae and UNOwen reads in particular
In post 289, Dannflor wrote:
In post 286, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:To restate for those who go and read this later, in a way that is much more direct.

I don't think I should have to ask you to explain a read that seems very unpopular given what you've posted about the game so far
No? You don't?

But only after I brought it up, right?

No, I think it's important that you sought out to try and solve me and then decided in your process you would skip over any actual attempts to read me and jump directly to questioning my methods instead.

I think it belays that you don't actually give a shit why I believe what I believe, only that it's unpopular by comparison to YOUR reads.

Now, why would you be worried about that?

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:51 am

In post 291, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 285, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
I am.

You've done the same to me. You asked me a rhetorical question to make it look like I’m not Scum hunting without asking me for my views, all because you misread what I wrote and felt the need to insult my intelligence.
I'm done arguing with you. Find your townies. I'm not insulting your intelligence by asking if you were playing dense to try and avoid something.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:51 am

Post by Dannflor »

that feels like a misrepresentation of what I said

I don't think I've seen anyone state a town read of UNOwen, and I seem to remember at least a couple people state scum reads on him

I don't actually have a read on him but I feel like if you're town and saw that that would be a higher priority for you or you would engage with that discussion without prompting?
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:52 am

Post by Andresvmb »

I have positive feelings for {GuiltyLion, Andante, JunkoChan} and to a lesser extent {VPB, Dannflor, Lukewarm}.

I wouldn’t have Datisi in my Small Council, or you LLD, or Enchant, and I don’t trust mastina just yet.

I think there’s enough AI content by a few other players I need to spend more time on. Like I feel like I should have a more fleshed out opinion on DW, firebringer, or Rhaenyra, but I don’t just yet.

Oh and I like the Professor - they can stay.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:53 am

In post 296, Dannflor wrote:that feels like a misrepresentation of what I said

I don't think I've seen anyone state a town read of UNOwen, and I seem to remember at least a couple people state scum reads on him

I don't actually have a read on him but I feel like if you're town and saw that that would be a higher priority for you or you would engage with that discussion without prompting?
Well given I gave my read in the literal same second as you started making this argument, I wonder about it's motivations.

Further, you don't get to tell me I'm misrepresenting you without saying which parts I'm misrepresenting. I'll be awaiting your interpretations on that end..

You don't have a read on him, and you "remember people scum reading him".

Gee, Dannflor, maybe my stance might motivate you to get a read on that player? Do you think?

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:54 am

In post 297, Andresvmb wrote:I have positive feelings for {GuiltyLion, Andante, JunkoChan} and to a lesser extent {VPB, Dannflor, Lukewarm}.

I wouldn’t have Datisi in my Small Council, or you LLD, or Enchant, and I don’t trust mastina just yet.

I think there’s enough AI content by a few other players I need to spend more time on. Like I feel like I should have a more fleshed out opinion on DW, firebringer, or Rhaenyra, but I don’t just yet.

Oh and I like the Professor - they can stay.
See, I like this!

Can you tell me more about GL and Andante?

and... also about Professor and VPB?

Merci

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”