Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:49 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

@Dann you ended up asking VPB if I recall correctly for additional thoughts on why I’m Town, and that you weren’t sure about my alignment. Have you made up your mind about my slot?
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:52 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

I think Luke is Town. I’m trying to understand the SR from some players there because it’s coming from some players I’m having as Town, but I can’t say that I’m agreeing. Like the criticism of the comment they made about that Datisi post seemed a bit over the top to me.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:12 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 734, Datisi wrote:
In post 732, Dwlee99 wrote:You contradicted yourself on a townread on someone else by not townreading me
do you genuinely think that this actually makes me scum?

and unowen - i'm p sure baltar did say so in this game already, but you can ask them if you don't believe me
mildly yes
In post 735, Dannflor wrote:dwlee why do you feel focused on nitpicks
that's kinda nitpicky from you lol
I prefer they, thanks :)
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:13 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

Bajillion new pages, unlucky
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:15 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

VOTE: GuiltyLion
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:15 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

hey dwlee
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:16 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

Hi shea
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:16 pm

Post by mastina »

Btw since you're bringing that video up I should point out long-standing gripes I have with it:
Two of the games given involved games I replaced out of. (I was replaced out of the mollie hydra game so I was not a player at the time of my elimination; I never made a single post in the Metal Sonic hydra game.) Games I replaced out of should NOT count as games because no fucking duh. The site rules say as much these days.
And the Kingdom Hearts game actually
proved
my point, not disproving it, as I was the last scum on the day before lylo, demonstrating that what I was saying was actually true for that game. (If I recall correctly, the post said that I usually don't go down early as scum--and Kingdom Hearts was an example which proved that I did not go down early as scum.)

That having been said
, while the video has factual inaccuracies in it, the message which at the time wasn't very accurate, has since become almost always true.

At the time the video was made, scumastina almost never went down early. She was almost always around at or near endgame. In that era I had countless strong performances like XP Mafia, Star Wars Rogue One, Encore Mafia, and so on and so forth, where, yes, I did in fact go deep, and often win.

But hilariously enough, shortly after that video was made, scumastina began to go down early
every single game
. I went on something like a
three year streak
of being eliminated as scum early and often. I could not scum, at all. I legit couldn't survive. Warehouse 13, DEFCON 5, Animals UPick, and half a dozen other scumgames (Skyrim, that one Jingle micro, etc.), I died early, and it wasn't until this year that I had a scumgame where I didn't. So like. The video in spite of its factual inaccuracies is
more
accurate now than ever before.

Meaning, I can't really complain at its usage. It wasn't true at the time and has factual inaccuracies within, but it's true now so is more apt than ever before and I'll never argue otherwise.
In post 559, Enchant wrote:How you know she not mafia.
(I mean, Rhaenya said she knows I can contribute to the town wincon, that doesn't inherently mean I am town because as scum I bus and make pro-town mechanics choices so she is right regardless of my alignment; I am going to help the town wincon. :P)
In post 538, Thestatusquo wrote:I am pretty sure I can make it so mastina does not get elected king in this game pretty easily.
No need, I don't want the job! My reads are too shit to be trusted with a vig. :P
In post 525, Thestatusquo wrote:nah, Mastina aint getting within 10 feet of king.
The fact that the king effectively gets a vig is proof enough of that.

My strength is in pushing people, not in executing them; a vig is absolutely the absolute fucking worst role to give to me. :P
If I needed to use it to conftown myself, I would, but the vig this game doesn't do that (well, unless I shot scum obv), so like: I shouldn't be king.
In post 525, Thestatusquo wrote:I want a king that posts in the thread in real time for one thing, and not one who will fall behind and then make wall catchup posts talking about things that happened a week ago while refusing to interact with anything going on in the thread at the time.
That's been my experience with mastina the last 2 or 3 times I've played with her and so far its looking like this game is the same
Genuinely baffled by this btw because I legit don't do that in most of my games. I actually DO interact in real time most of the time.

I can't
right now
, but like...I've interacted in real time in literally every game I've had this year. Pokemon Large, CONTROL, Triplicate, Subreddit, UPick a Normal, Ginggie's UPick, NQN II, Datisi's Cafe...literally every single one of those, I was interacting in real time.

I will be this game, later this week, but like. It's genuinely baffling that you see that as the norm. It
used
to be. It WAS the norm. But it hasn't been the norm for literally over a year at least. In the last year if not longer, real time has been the norm. (The mastina philosophy of pushing hard is more effective if done in real time. Like, I get better results when I engage in real time, so...I do.)
In post 530, Rhaenyra wrote:That's her town trait. I thought we were looking for a town player to crown, not necessarily a likeable one.
I mean, I am in fact town, but like: anyone (outside of you) saying that I am town is probably lying their asses off. :P

I very much have
not
towned it up, yet.

Like--I know me. I know my meta. I know how I look. And I know that to ME, I don't look town, yet. To ME, I know I'm not looking town, yet. And if I'm not looking town to ME, that means there's no way in hell I should be looking town to other people. I'll show my towniness off later this week when I can engage in real time, but I very much am not town
yet

That said, I'm also not scum so scumreads on me are also lying their asses of. If their read on me isn't "null", then they're probably bullshitting because ain't no way they actually think I'm an alignment from what I've given.
In post 529, Datisi wrote:
In post 520, Firebringer wrote:VOTE: Datisi
are you voting for me just because you know i'm gonna make you master of coin or whatever other title you want
Alright + this = more comfortable with Datisi town.
In post 553, Thestatusquo wrote:That's some of the most unhinged posting I've ever seen in almost 20 years on this site.
Maybe so, but it hard-spews Rhaenya as town, here. Now I actually
am
putting her on the same town tier as Andante and Andresvmp.

She's never scum here, ever.
In post 574, VP Baltar wrote:I think Rhaenyra is probably scum trying to burn through their posts so they don't have to participate later today. Prove me wrong by not posting.
You might be scum for this viewpoint tho.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:17 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

My partner and her roommates are watching house of the dragon rn and I saw a dragon in a building and I asked if the dragon was in a house and the TV was too loud so no one heard me
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:20 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1024, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:yo, mastina, you wanna talk game instead of catchuping forever, how about now?
I feel bad for saying no to this.

But I am going to have to say no to this.

I don't have the energy to do it right now.

I promise I will!

Just not tonight.

Catching up not in real time is better than doing nothing.

Real-time interactions is better than catching up, yeah, but like.
Real-time > catching up > nothing.

I can't handle real-time right now (maybe tomorrow, if not then then def Thursday), so the options are catching up or doing nothing.

I'd prefer not to do nothing, thankyouverymuch.

So I'm unfortunately gonna have to decline your offer.

(I will say tho that I'm seeing
some
of the new content. I'm responding to your post, for instance. Some, not all. About 40-80%, I'm seeing. I just don't have the energy to respond to it right now. I'll get to it tho.)
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:35 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

The fact that someone went so out of their way to bash your Scumplay @mastina, to the point that they made a video of it on YouTube is one of the weirdest things I have seen anywhere. Though you did sound like an arrogant prick in how you described your own Scum play to be fair hahaha
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:38 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 582, Rhaenyra wrote:Also, here is news for you. You'll have to put up with mastina's playstyle whether she is made King or not. Shocking, ain't it?
I mean, technically, whoever is made King can decide not to put up with my playstyle--it'd just be tremendously stupid of them to do so. :P
In post 580, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 579, Rhaenyra wrote:Thestatusquo has been stabbed in the back by JJaime Lannister for thinking he knows better than us peasants.
Don't you group us together. I have no fucking clue what you've been smoking these past 2 pages.
Okay back to thinking LLD-town. (I don't know why, this post shouldn't really do anything. But like. I just went "oh LLD town" to it, so...)
In post 643, JunkoChan wrote:VOTE: TSQ
I'll keep my vote here if You promise me to execute Rhae
I really, REALLY don't understand why people are seeing Junko as town.

This is gonna feel like karmic irony but I really feel like people are doing to Junko,
What I normally do to people.

That is to say, locking in an early read on them off of one thing, and then, never bothering to reassess.

I just don't see Junko town here, at all, and everyone seeing that is just...

...What are you seeing.
In post 589, GuiltyLion wrote:I've read up
Holy shit GuiltyLion really
is
scum.

It genuinely is Dannflor + GuiltyLion.
In post 627, Andante wrote:yall are like posting just to post at this rate… so anyways, 15 pages later… I think Dann would be a good king, I was loving his posts and he seems to be playing this game very logically/reasonably so yeah. DANN FOR KING!!!
VOTE: Dann
Andante no, please stay on target. <3
In post 632, Andante wrote:GL is coming for my head cause I called him maf
Think that through; who would be scum with GL?

It's literally Dann+GL.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:39 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

I would suggest you go read the game its from, but I can't in good conscience suggest anyone do that. Suffice it to say that I think we all have regrets about that particular game in that particular team mafia.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:41 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1035, Andresvmb wrote:Though you did sound like an arrogant prick in how you described your own Scum play to be fair hahaha
I mean at the time I genuinely had a lot to be proud of. I unironically didn't need to be arrogant, because my results backed it up.

That having been said
, I was scum in the game the video was made, and that meant I was deliberately exaggerating things. Which meant me being an arrogant prick was my attempt to play to my wincon. (Mind you, didn't work, but the tone/words/etc. were deliberately selected to be exactly that, an arrogant prick. I wasn't trying to be not one, I was trying to deliberately be one, and I succeeded. Didn't help, but I did what I set out to do.)
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:44 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Also this is substantively different from what you were doing in that game, where you were refusing to read current posts and using "catching up" as a deliberate tactic to avoid engaging with you being scum read.

Here you're actually engaging with posts in the last few hours too so I have much less of a problem with the catchups.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:45 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1038, mastina wrote:
In post 1035, Andresvmb wrote:Though you did sound like an arrogant prick in how you described your own Scum play to be fair hahaha
I mean at the time I genuinely had a lot to be proud of. I unironically didn't need to be arrogant, because my results backed it up.

That having been said
, I was scum in the game the video was made, and that meant I was deliberately exaggerating things. Which meant me being an arrogant prick was my attempt to play to my wincon. (Mind you, didn't work, but the tone/words/etc. were deliberately selected to be exactly that, an arrogant prick. I wasn't trying to be not one, I was trying to deliberately be one, and I succeeded. Didn't help, but I did what I set out to do.)
...I'M BEING BAITED INTO REAL-TIME INTERACTIONS BY PEOPLE SAYING THINGS THAT INVOKE MY NARCISSISTIC EGO INTO WANTING TO RESPOND.

I NEED TO FUCKING EAT GODDAMMIT I LITERALLY CAN'T DO THIS
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:49 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

VOTE: VPB
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:59 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1035, Andresvmb wrote:The fact that someone went so out of their way to bash your Scumplay @mastina, to the point that they made a video of it on YouTube is one of the weirdest things I have seen anywhere. Though you did sound like an arrogant prick in how you described your own Scum play to be fair hahaha
In post 1037, Thestatusquo wrote:I would suggest you go read the game its from, but I can't in good conscience suggest anyone do that. Suffice it to say that I think we all have regrets about that particular game in that particular team mafia.
lmfao I was scum with Mastina in that game and that video was legit game-winning for the town faction
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:00 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

I'm still going to do a big ole reads post later but let's do this

VOTE: VPB

I will also share that I townread Mastina now
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:09 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 688, Rhaenyra wrote:Because I genuinely think that mastina can lead us well if she is town.
I appreciate the vote (literally) of confidence in me, but I don't think I can do that. <3

My ability to be accurate is based off of a combination of {playerlist, real life, luck}. I have one of the worst playerlists for me to read, one of the worst rl situations right now to be accurate, and shit luck in general. :P

It'd be better in the hands of someone else.

I still intend to give my thoughts, but I literally cannot lead this game.

---

Genuine question btw; has Firebringer ever done anything like as scum?

No, seriously; I want to know.

It doesn't look faked, and if he's never done it before as scum, then he's probably town.

Improperly done, but current loose/rough readslist:

LOCKTOWN:
{Rhaenyra, Andresvmb, Andante}

TOWN:
{Lukewarm, Datisi}
{Dwlee99, Enchant}
{Firebringer}

MAYBE TOWN:
{Unowen, Charloux}
{ProfessorDrapion} (
might
deserve to be up with the other two?)

PLACING:
{Thestatusquo} (I honestly don't know, I kinda want to trust the townreads there but I'm having issues really getting a read of my own) {Lady LambdaDelta} (lean town right now)

???
{Titus, PenguinPower}

{Bellaphant}

LEAN SCUM:
{Junkochan}

PLACING BUT LEAN SCUM:
{VP Baltar}

SCUM:
{GuiltyLion}
{Dannflor}
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:16 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 748, Dannflor wrote:I kind of almost wonder if the sheer number of people calling adante obvious town does in fact mean she is just town and there are TMIers in the mix
Oh, certainly!

But I also think that the push against Andante comes from scum, too.

"but mastina, scumbuddies can talk to each other".

That doesn't mean they're gonna be uniform and share details about a specific player. You can argue that's optimal play, that don't mean they'll actually do it. Which is to say, no, I don't think the ideas of "there are scum who TMI defended Andante" is contradictory with the ideas of you and GL being scum who didn't know better than to push Andante. Scum don't have that perfect a communication link. And even if they
did
, there are tangible reasons to fake not having it.

So like, I agree with you that there's scum in the TMI defenders of Andante--but still think that you and GL pushing there is scum.
In post 741, GuiltyLion wrote:Can you (and any other Andante town readers who want to jump in) give me a summary of why this is specifically a town!Andante game? Or where the idea that she couldn't replicate this as scum comes from?
Yup, GuiltyLion is scum. (This whole post is scum tbh.)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:24 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 792, Titus wrote:I think she's scum using mastina as a shield.
I thought about that.

It was possible at the beginning of the game!

Not anymore. This is her as town, period. End of discussion.

You on the other hand, are just *static*. Which is in of itself alarming.
In post 752, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 748, Dannflor wrote:I kind of almost wonder if the sheer number of people calling adante obvious town does in fact mean she is just town and there are TMIers in the mix
I had this thought with Bellaphant specifically
And you didn't decide to push it...why?
In post 767, Bellaphant wrote:Tbh kinda looks like you just saw my name and decided to pick it out of a hat.
Also true, but I kinda think it means you're scum with GL tbh.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:37 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

After reading in some detail and thinking about it, I think Datisi’s thoughts on VPB are actually quite interesting. I’m not sure if it’s a tell that’s very reliable, but I can (i) see how that’s a connection Town!Datisi would make, and (ii) given how I’m perceiving VPB now, I think this is Town indicative for Datisi. I don’t think Datisi is Scum from re-reading the ISO up to here, even if I don’t think my observations were completely ridiculous.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:40 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 917, GuiltyLion wrote:I can't wait for 3 days and 20 pages from now when we'll get to read Mastina's reaction to Rhaenyra's campaign on her behalf :P
(On that note I legit am proud of myself, 40 pages in one day is a lot more than I normally can do.)
In post 920, Andante wrote: she seems like someone who'd really think out the people she nominates
Nooooooooo. I don't think, I just do. If I thought I'd be a smarter player than I am. :P
In post 908, Dannflor wrote:I'm talking about not being able to talk to her in real time
Tomorrow! (I hope.)

If you say things I feel are worth engaging in. :P
In post 921, Rhaenyra wrote:Spoiler alert: She'll think it towny. Chaotically towny, to be sure, but still towny.
Yup! :P
In post 924, Dannflor wrote:I don't currently really believe her read on me but I didn't really believe some of her pushes in Datisi's Cafe until later either
Almost had a visceral reaction to this before I realized it was Dannflor trying to bait exactly that out of me. Suffice to say: Dannflor knows I am town here and that my read on him is right.
In post 897, Dannflor wrote:
In post 890, mastina wrote:Oh wow Dann your scumgame is really damn obvious.
I have hard time believing you truly scum read me based off that post
It was that entire series of posts.

Your RVS post looked like scum, and then you made an entire series of posts that hit every alarm bell I had.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:48 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 938, GuiltyLion wrote:even assuming town!Andante, giving a townread on her there is super boring and safe, how does that one read in particular lead to town!Lukewarm with any confidence?
It didn't, I cut out a lot of the context and don't include it when writing my conclusions. Instead of quoting five posts and the entirety of them, I quote one snippet of one post to cut down on the total length of what I am quoting.

It was everything Lukewarm was saying there that was town.
In post 945, Andante wrote:Mastina, when you are caught up, I wanna discuss reads with you, cause thus far no one has really cared for any of my reads except what I think of them, this is gonna get dangerous though... so dangerous.. cause some of these reads I make all rely on certain connections I see between people, so like, me sitting here now, seeing that you definitely agree with that pool of 4 being sus... has me thinking back...(cause that pool has shifted a bit now...) and I'm just sitting here like, Well, UNO did go silent after I started pushing there.... UNO was one of the first to call me town/vote me king, but now won't mention my name with king lol ahhhh ok, soo you're catching up, I need to calm down, I'm busy tomorrow, I'll aim for Thursday-ish with my list of reads/reasons and I'd LOVE your feedback on them! cause the only feedback I'll get from the rest of these guys is "your read on me makes no sense!!"
I def can't do it now but Thursdayish is perfect for me!
In post 936, Rhaenyra wrote:'Everyone, my word is Gospel and anyone who disagrees with my opinions even slightly is scum or stupid!'
- 90% of players in this game
In their defense: I would be among them normally. :P

Like, that's legit the ideal of mastina. Literally my brand is built on absolute conviction that I am right.

It's just that I don't have the energy to be mastina right now and am trying to move away from that.

I still wanna say my word is gospel on Dannflor being scum and anyone who disagrees is stupid tho. :P
In post 946, Dannflor wrote:and I feel like you already witnessed that in Datisi's Cafe a fair bit
I sure did, and this ain't nothing like Datisi's Cafe.
In post 946, Dannflor wrote:also like, your read seems a little more believable now, but it seems to have come about based on posts after your initial scum read on me
I mean, explicitly so, yes!

Your RVS post reeked of scum, but like--it was an RVS post. It could've been wrong. I thought it scum, but it wasn't guaranteed to be right.

...And then you made non-RVS posts and the "holy shit he actually
is
scum!" hit.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”