He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3450 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:56 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 3363, ProfessorDrapion wrote:
In post 3281, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 3280, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:My spicy scumread is Andante because of the Dwlee town case they made in the disenter QT
Is that spicy?
Sorry but I really don’t like this post.

Did VP Balter ever indicate a town read on Andante?
Cause if they did this is a pretty damn clear wolf slip.
@Andres
VP’s reads you got?
What are you asking me?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #3451 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:57 am

Post by Titus »

I'm starting to consider the possibility that some of the stubborn people may be scum. Today should be quick and I feel like I might have to heard cats to get a real wagon.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3452 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:58 am

Post by Andresvmb »

VOTE: Johnny
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3453 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:11 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 3369, ProfessorDrapion wrote:I don’t think the wolves “hopped on” I think there was a wolf that started it.
Rather it be the original day 1 wagon or the reformed wagon on day 2.
Out of all of the bad takes in the game (and there are several), this one is right up there. The Scum started a wagon on their Partner because what? What makes you believe this was the case? The first vote for DW btw is this one: . DW had been pushed to the brink, and Rhaenyra (after voting for DW as the 4th voter) moves away from them to start a vanity wagon on VPB. The part that’s curious though is that I don’t know that if you absolutely think DW is going down there, that you move away, making you look so transparently bad (I was expressing skepticism and could have hammered, and there were several well explained reads going against DW there).
Andante’s is also Scummy looking there.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3454 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:11 am

Post by Andresvmb »

^
@Pooky can you fix my references?
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3455 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:19 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 3400, Enchant wrote:
Prince of Dragonstone: unwnd
Hand of the King: Datisi
Lord Commander of the Kingsguard: Andresvmb
Master of Coin: Firebringer
Master of Laws: Andante
Master of Whisperers/Grand Maester: Mathblade

There's only 4 council members alive. Every player can't hold more than two roles. So if you can:
Don't give Master of Whisperers to anyone
. At this point you forced to grant Grand Maester (too important). If you also grant Master of Whisperers, then there will be two players with two PRs. And they could't replace if someone else die.

Atleast i don't think you can revoke someone power without killing them. Tsk...
How does this make any sense? Don’t give PRs to players (regardless of read) because they might get shot? I can’t say I think there’s a lot of logic to this. I think the approach that favors Town is to let TSQ hand the roles to players we TR, and we do our best to take advantage of the PRs. Unless you’re arguing that there are only Scum in the Council so handing roles out is detrimental, I can’t say I’m tracking the logic here.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3456 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:24 am

Post by VP Baltar »

mod, I will be VLA Sat-Mon
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3457 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:27 am

Post by Enchant »

In post 3455, Andresvmb wrote:

There's only 4 council members alive. Every player can't hold more than two roles. So if you can:
. At this point you forced to grant Grand Maester (too important). If you also grant Master of Whisperers, then there will be two players with two PRs. And they could't replace if someone else die.

How does this make any sense? Don’t give PRs to players (regardless of read) because they might get shot? I can’t say I think there’s a lot of logic to this. I think the approach that favors Town is to let TSQ hand the roles to players we TR, and we do our best to take advantage of the PRs. Unless you’re arguing that there are only Scum in the Council so handing roles out is detrimental, I can’t say I’m tracking the logic here.
I refuse to talk with someone who can't read.
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3458 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:31 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 3425, ProfessorDrapion wrote:Another reason why those 3 voting Johnny contains at minimum 1 wolf cause the Kingsguard is definitely not all town and can contain more than 1 wolf.

@Andres
I don’t care how much you have fantasies thinking you’re the best and can pick all town, you didn’t. End of story.
I don’t know if you have access to any of the posts I put out there were I was convinced it was difficult to pick an all Town Kingsguard, or why certain actions are difficult to get through the Kingsguard since I didn’t have any confidence that the Kingsguard was all Town. But you can ask me. This is beyond annoying.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3459 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:33 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 3457, Enchant wrote:
In post 3455, Andresvmb wrote:

I refuse to talk with someone who can't read.
There aren’t enough people dead on the Council where you are forced not to allocate PRs. So again, unless you’re completely ignoring how the mechanics of the game work, why would you choose not to allocate a role now because it may not be possible to allocate them in the future? I could be wrong but don’t you have the same problem whether you allocate the PR or not if Town in the Council gets shot?
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3460 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:33 am

Post by Enchant »

if we give both roles and for example Cop gets shot: There will be only one replacement.

Why even give tracker if we not using them. This way we have atleast two potential candidates.
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #3461 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:47 am

Post by Firebringer »

Did andante do another datisi flip after saying she wouldn’t do that anymore
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3462 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:51 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 3461, Firebringer wrote:Did andante do another datisi flip after saying she wouldn’t do that anymore
huh?
YOUR AD HERE

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #3463 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:57 am

Post by Firebringer »

Andante keeps flip flopping datisi on her reads
Every five minutes
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3464 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:58 am

Post by VP Baltar »

ok, so what does that mean?
YOUR AD HERE

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #3465 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:59 am

Post by Firebringer »

It’s annoying
That’s it
Show

Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3466 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:02 am

Post by Andresvmb »

Why don’t we work through an example, because I’m not understanding your point @Enchant.

The current Council is this:
King: TSQ (as they make selections, I presume they cannot be picked for a PR, but I don’t remember reading that anywhere, though I would also think that logically that makes sense)
Prince: Johnny
Hand: Datisi
LORD COMMANDER: Andrés
Master of Whisperers / Grand Maester: [Empty]

Scenario 1: You allocate Grand Maester to say me (since you do not want to allocate Cop + Doctor to the same person), you do not allocate Master of Whisperers. I get shot holding two PRs including Doctor (since I cannot protect myself), but force the Scum to not shoot Datisi as the Hand (since we care that they get a result again tomorrow). Okay, then Lord of the Kingsguard is up for grabs, and so is Master of Whisperers + Grand Maester. You’re left with 4 other players on the Council (outside the King), and 3 roles to distribute which can all be handed out since no one is holding two PRs then.

Scenario 2: You allocate Grand Maester (to me again), but you allocate Master of Whisperers to Datisi as the Hand. Okay, I get shot. So Lord Commander + Grand Maester up for grabs, and one player (Datisi) holds two PRs. You now have 2 roles to distribute, and everyone in the Council but Datisi can get an additional PR (3 players). How is this not strictly better than the situation above?

Note, this is NOT me advocating to get Grand Maester. If anything, I don’t want it because it’ll get me NK’ed, but I’ll accept it if strictly necessary. But I don’t see how you don’t end up in a better place if you distribute the two PRs that remain instead of just one.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3467 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:04 am

Post by Andresvmb »

Does anybody think I’m missing anything?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3468 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:18 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 3465, Firebringer wrote:It’s annoying
That’s it
I don't understand why you're bringing it up unless you think andante is scummy.

In post 3466, Andresvmb wrote:Why don’t we work through an example, because I’m not understanding your point @Enchant.

King: TSQ (as they make selections, I presume they cannot be picked for a PR, but I don’t remember reading that anywhere, though I would also think that logically that makes sense)

Scenario 1: You allocate Grand Maester to say me (since you do not want to allocate Cop + Doctor to the same person), you do not allocate Master of Whisperers. I get shot holding two PRs including Doctor (since I cannot protect myself), but force the Scum to not shoot Datisi as the Hand (since we care that they get a result again tomorrow). Okay, then Lord of the Kingsguard is up for grabs, and so is Master of Whisperers + Grand Maester. You’re left with 4 other players on the Council (outside the King), and 3 roles to distribute which can all be handed out since no one is holding two PRs then.

Scenario 2: You allocate Grand Maester (to me again), but you allocate Master of Whisperers to Datisi as the Hand. Okay, I get shot. So Lord Commander + Grand Maester up for grabs, and one player (Datisi) holds two PRs. You now have 2 roles to distribute, and everyone in the Council but Datisi can get an additional PR (3 players). How is this not strictly better than the situation above?

Note, this is NOT me advocating to get Grand Maester. If anything, I don’t want it because it’ll get me NK’ed, but I’ll accept it if strictly necessary. But I don’t see how you don’t end up in a better place if you distribute the two PRs that remain instead of just one.
I do think Shea should check if he can grant powers to himself. That does seem to change planning potentially. Overall though, I think your argument reads correct to me.
YOUR AD HERE

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #3469 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:23 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

Execution Vote Day ThreeWith seventeen players alive - it will require nine votes to eliminate a player.

JohnnyFarrar [4]:
VP Baltar, GuiltyLion, Unowen, Andresvmb
Roden [1]:
Datisi,
Unowen [1]:
Andante
Dannflor [1]:
mastina,
Lady Lambdadelta [1]:
Dannflor
GuiltyLion [1]:
ProfessorDrapion

not voting [8]:
JohnnyFarrar, Lady Lambdadelta, Titus, furtiveglance, Firebringer, Roden, Enchant

Execution Deadline: (expired on 2022-12-08 14:58:35)

mod noteVP Baltar is VLA Sat-Mon
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3470 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:28 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 3466, Andresvmb wrote:Why don’t we work through an example, because I’m not understanding your point @Enchant.

Why don't we make Johnny the Grand Maester, tell them who to give potions to. If they're Town they become a likely nightkill target which solves their slot, and if they're Mafia they have to help us with the potions or we vote them.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3471 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:29 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 3470, furtiveglance wrote:

Why don't we make Johnny the Grand Maester, tell them who to give potions to. If they're Town they become a likely nightkill target which solves their slot, and if they're Mafia they have to help us with the potions or we vote them.
@furtive I don’t agree. I thought about the strategic point of giving the role of Doctor to the Scummiest person on the Council, but if you scrutinize the logic, it fails I think.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3472 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:30 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Can anyone make a Johnny town case that isn't entirely reliant on "Rhaenyra posted a lot of nonsense quickly"?

That's utterly unconvincing to me and there is almost certainly scum benefit to burning post counts quickly. Some people have mentioned Rhae's posting about dwlee in the nonsupporters thread, but can someone other than Mastina look at that and give some actual analysis?

What is the evidence that outweighs unwnd's partnery looking interactions with dwlee and johnny's general anti-spew play all game?
YOUR AD HERE

furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3473 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:31 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 3471, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 3470, furtiveglance wrote:

@furtive I don’t agree. I thought about the strategic point of giving the role of Doctor to the Scummiest person on the Council, but if you scrutinize the logic, it fails I think.
Scrutinise it then
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3474 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:31 am

Post by furtiveglance »