fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #5000 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 6:47 am

Post by fireisredsir »

i think if we're in the datisi town world we win and this doesn't really hurt us that much

i think the datisi scum world potentially becomes a concern sooner than i originally thought

the biggest point for me is that none of the checks have died. i think scum would have to basically be throwing in a town datisi world for that to happen
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #5001 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 6:49 am

Post by Titus »

In post 4994, GuiltyLion wrote:I'm starting to think we fucked up bad by putting Titus as LC

Imagine the world where Datisi/Titus/mastina are scum. They are close to a scum king, a fake guilty tomorrow may be game winning already
Posts like this make me not want to follow you LLD.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #5002 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 6:49 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 5000, fireisredsir wrote:i think if we're in the datisi town world we win and this doesn't really hurt us that much

i think the datisi scum world potentially becomes a concern sooner than i originally thought

the biggest point for me is that none of the checks have died. i think scum would have to basically be throwing in a town datisi world for that to happen
This is precisely my world view. I am not the best at... Being concise so this helps. This is where I am.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #5003 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 6:50 am

Post by Titus »

In post 5000, fireisredsir wrote:i think if we're in the datisi town world we win and this doesn't really hurt us that much

That's the rub though, I don't have a good response to what scum are doing beyond raging.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #5004 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 6:53 am

In post 5001, Titus wrote:
In post 4994, GuiltyLion wrote:I'm starting to think we fucked up bad by putting Titus as LC

Imagine the world where Datisi/Titus/mastina are scum. They are close to a scum king, a fake guilty tomorrow may be game winning already
Posts like this make me not want to follow you LLD.

What am I meant to do about it? If Datisi flips town as you predict this take won't matter. And if they flip scum... Its reasonable to suspect people who were checked.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #5005 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 6:57 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 5003, Titus wrote:That's the rub though, I don't have a good response to what scum are doing beyond raging.
When you don't have a reasonable guess at what scum is doing, it's wise to hedge your bets in case someone you have been trusting has actually deceived you
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5006 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 6:58 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 5003, Titus wrote:

That's the rub though, I don't have a good response to what scum are doing beyond raging.
Man's not raging, man's legit baffled as to why certain man are scumreading man
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #5007 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 6:59 am

In post 5003, Titus wrote:

Okay but I'm not scum, I'm not raging and more importantly I am the one accepting both worlds (Datisi town, Datisi scum)

As far as I can tell your plan for If Datisi Scum is "dont worry about it" but I'm pretty worried about it.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #5008 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 7:06 am

Post by fireisredsir »

sometimes i want games to be easy so much that i start believing that they are

they almost never are

im a little too willing to handwave away valid concerns and push and suppress them down to the back of my mind and hope i don't have to worry about them

it's a weakness i think, and it's lost town several games. i hope im not being dumb here and overcorrecting in trying to counter that tendency
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5009 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 7:10 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

if Datisi is town we might feel a lil dumb but then we'd have a
confirmed
town cop, there's no way scum could push to get rid of Titus in that world and it'd be likely she'd hit on a red pretty much immediately if the POE is accurate

mastina wants to hand wave away all the valid worries about "what if Datisi is scum" with this idea that scum could not have possibly intentionally no-killed last night because of the advantage of an extra lim. extra lim doesn't matter because of duels. and I've now become paranoid that if
both
mastina and Titus are scum (not the most likely world, but certainly possible), then scum have a strong foothold into the King position that is almost unreversible with a few fewer players and certainly a better mech advantage than one fewer lim. So it's far safer to be playing around the Datisi scum world right now, than later.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #5010 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 7:12 am

In post 5008, fireisredsir wrote:sometimes i want games to be easy so much that i start believing that they are

they almost never are

im a little too willing to handwave away valid concerns and push and suppress them down to the back of my mind and hope i don't have to worry about them

it's a weakness i think, and it's lost town several games. i hope im not being dumb here and overcorrecting in trying to counter that tendency

My opinion is that we are hedging against a bad world but giving up very little to do so. I don't think this would be considered overcorrecting, I mean... The math is all sort of there.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #5011 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 7:13 am

Post by Titus »

In post 5005, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 5003, Titus wrote:That's the rub though, I don't have a good response to what scum are doing beyond raging.
When you don't have a reasonable guess at what scum is doing, it's wise to hedge your bets in case someone you have been trusting has actually deceived you
Which is why the lim the cop at elo plus one day exists...

I don't see what limming Datisi gets us.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #5012 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 7:18 am

In post 5011, Titus wrote:

Titus can you really not see how having 1 elimination left when cop flips scum is worse than having 3, and how if we will have to test Datisi at some point regarsless it is better to do it now?

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5013 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 7:18 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 5011, Titus wrote:

I'm confused you don't see, because this has been walked through several times over the past few pages

if Datisi is scum, "what we get" is very very obvious, yes?

if Datisi is town, we lose Datisi, but we replace him with you as the new 100% indisputably conftown cop-confirmed cop, so mechanically we've lost nothing. We also
gain
conftown status on Mastina and LLD. Mastina wants to pretend y'all are
already
conftown, but the fact is objectively you are not.

The only expense is we've spent a lim (fortunately we have an extra, as mastina has already graciously pointed out!) on town. But I think that's fairly likely to happen if we lim furtive anyways, so better to give us additional conftowns and resolve the possibility of the world where we're most likely to lose the game.

what here doesn't make sense? please explain
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5014 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 7:20 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

lim the cop is supposed to be followed in open setups where the cop is un-CC'd and effectively conftown.

Datisi has cop
abilities
but is not conftown at all. You can't just blindly trust him here and it's dangerous to do so.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5015 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 7:24 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

wait, sorry, I derped, in an open setup you don't need to paranoia lim the cop, so my point is invalid

still tho, we have additional mech at play here (King, Prince, Kingsguard, council, etc) that makes it dangerous to assume town will have traditional numbers/counterplay. if Datisi is scum it's almost a certainty that one of his checks in Mastina/Titus is scum as well on the council
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #5016 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:00 am

Post by Firebringer »

still zero scum case on datisi.
Is this such a big ask for someone to provide me a look at datisi posts and tell me the scum motivation going on that i haven't seen.
I want someone to tell me this isn't just a paranoia/mechanic push.

No one is willing to do it. Its just 'this is optimal play'. That aint cutting it for me right now. Can someone scum case datisi
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #5017 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:05 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 4988, GuiltyLion wrote:So its a simple follow the cop world with a town cop, and scum have been leaving the cop and all of his checks alive, instead trying to shoot FB or fireisred last night
we have been protecting the cop until yesterday.
for all scum knew one of datisi checks has also been protected (they weren't, but for all we know they don't know that).
To go and say 'its weird that dats and all the cop clears are alive' is like....That is the point of us having the JK/Doc guard them? What even is this argument.

Its just paranoia. Thats all there is to all of this. And we know scum have made what we all thought were questionable kills.

Ugh. Why do i bother.
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #5018 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:08 am

Post by Firebringer »

i want to go back to basics.
Who is genuinely scumhunting and who isn't.
Whose reads thought processes make sense from town pov. Whose doesn't.
I am not engaging in hypothetical situations for remainder of this game day. SOMEONE HOLD ME TO THIS.
I am just going to analyze posts and thoughts and see if they are genuine or make sense.
Show

Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #5019 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:09 am

In post 5016, Firebringer wrote:still zero scum case on datisi.
Is this such a big ask for someone to provide me a look at datisi posts and tell me the scum motivation going on that i haven't seen.
I want someone to tell me this isn't just a paranoia/mechanic push.

No one is willing to do it. Its just 'this is optimal play'. That aint cutting it for me right now. Can someone scum case datisi
What are the chances that even if I provide you possible scum motivation in Datisi's play and choices this game so far you change your vote?

Have you considered that maybe it's not "no one cases Datisi so I don't change my mind" but rather "no one believes FB will ever be swayed so no one will do this for you"?

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #5020 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:10 am

In post 5018, Firebringer wrote:i want to go back to basics.
Who is genuinely scumhunting and who isn't.
Whose reads thought processes make sense from town pov. Whose doesn't.
I am not engaging in hypothetical situations for remainder of this game day. SOMEONE HOLD ME TO THIS.
I am just going to analyze posts and thoughts and see if they are genuine or make sense.
Why is it after a game of playing insider baseball with your team over there you are only NOW deciding not to do mechanical play?

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #5021 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:11 am

Is it because for once you aren't in control? For once you have to consider following someone else's plan?

Show me you give enough of a shit to even consider if my plan makes mathematical sense and I'll consider believeing that you have any chance of changing your vote.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #5022 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:11 am

Post by Firebringer »

I apologize. I should make it clear when im saying i want a scum datisi case. I want people to proclaim it so i can analyze if they believe it or not.

No, I don't think i will be swayed. I am not asking someone to sway me right now.
My purpose of asking this is two fold:
1) I want to see how much people actually believe datisi is scum because that will help me further read them better post datisi scum flip
2) I want to see where there COULD be gaps in my townread datisi that im blind to.

Do i think im going to be swayed? No. But right now this proposal of wagon has gotten people to jump on that is unreadable for the lot of them. I don't think i can figure out a motivation for this datisi push based on how its presented.
Show

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #5023 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:13 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 5021, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Is it because for once you aren't in control?
i dont know where this is coming from.
i haven't been in control of this game at all.
the only 'control' i think ive ever felt in this game was the ability to help council organize night actions last night.
Show

Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #5024 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:13 am

Do you really think it would be hard for me to create this case for you?

But if your goal was never to br convinced but to rail against the move the whole time that case would bog things down wouldnt it?

You would have all kinds of things to argue about that arent solid mechanical play.

Town or scum I don't trust that this isn't a trap to stop this movement in a tar of redtape. I don't trust you actually want to engage FB. That's my issue.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”