Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she

Post Post #2225 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:46 pm

Post by absinthe »

You're not going to badger me into cross voting atp.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2226 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:47 pm

Post by MathBlade »

And why won’t you vote conf scum to you?

What’s your reads on the other games?
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2227 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:48 pm

Post by absinthe »

are you actually asking me for input that you haven't provided, yourself?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2228 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:52 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2227, absinthe wrote:are you actually asking me for input that you haven't provided, yourself?
Sure am.

I already think you’re scum and Coral is town (as evidenced by the interactions we’ve had even if I haven’t outright said it)

It’s between Chara and the replace for the scum in the other game I think but that ones the harder one to solve. Chara is a hard read.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2229 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:58 pm

Post by absinthe »

I believe catboi is town in the keep. I haven't been able to figure out the wall.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2230 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:02 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Interesting why?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2231 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:08 pm

Post by absinthe »

His energy dip resonates. And so do his thoughts about the game.

I could say some things that I think are indicative of his scum game that aren't present and vice versa, but I think the less he learns about how I read him the better.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2232 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:33 pm

Post by MathBlade »

See this is what I don’t like. I feel everyone is really closed off this game and it makes it hard.

I could say “I townread Ydrasse because her energy dip resonates. I could say some things but then that might spoil how I read people”

But two problems a) she’s the mod and B) I could substitute anything there.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #2233 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:00 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 2228, MathBlade wrote:
In post 2227, absinthe wrote:are you actually asking me for input that you haven't provided, yourself?
Sure am.

I already think you’re scum and Coral is town (as evidenced by the interactions we’ve had even if I haven’t outright said it)

It’s between Chara and the replace for the scum in the other game I think but that ones the harder one to solve. Chara is a hard read.
do you townread Isis?
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2234 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:04 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2233, Chara wrote:
Sure am.

do you townread Isis?
It’s not so much a townread per se more a I don’t see Isis scum so de facto town.

I don’t see Isis making that swap. Isis likes games like Pokémon and Magic and other strategy things.

I don’t see scum Isis making a move where she puts absinthe/ffery against Coral unless she thought she wins that battle.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2235 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:06 pm

Post by MathBlade »

And given one sided this battle seems between the two I just don’t see scum Isis doing that unless it’s scum Coral and if it’s scum Coral we are in a world of hurt because then almost no one else has posted any reads of note
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2236 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:06 pm

Post by MathBlade »

And I really don’t see scum Coral so de facto Isis town.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2237 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:57 pm

Post by Coral »

In post 2224, MathBlade wrote:
In post 2221, Coral wrote:There's always more I could say if delayed forever (for example, seeing how Aisa engages with the game), but I think a flip is more valuable given the time remaining. I'll probably keep talking as long as I'm alive but there's nothing I need to say before the flip, so go ahead whenever you're ready.
What’s your solve for the two games you’re not in?

Kind of a last reads.

You too absinthe?

Don’t think I didn’t notice you not cross voting.
I still think catboi is scum and should be the voter. If he's town, he can solve between the remaining two, I'm conflicted. I think my reasons for Math being town are more solid but that's my own opinion.

On Wall I have a really hard time with it. I had a gut scumread on Chara for how it played day 1, but I don't think it's scum with catboi. I didn't really try hard to sort demona and hoped she would be made IC, but leaned town without much rigor. Herta made the slot extremely scummy for me and that is hard to ignore. Isis I leaned town on day 1 but I think she's been the only one day 2 to really feel like she's pushing different angles to potentially try to prevent what seems to me like it could be heading towards a town victory. I probably would have Aisa > Isis > Chara as my solve if catboi is scum, but if catboi is scum, then maybe it doesn't matter.

I guess that's my main worry. This all feels too easy. Everyone was pretty on board with absinthe being scum, and I don't really know how scum expect to win here? I guess hope that people come to that same fear and start to doubt? absinthe being basically in antispew for almost all of day 2 has me thinking that scum could be set up well off her flip. But with the other two games not really having a strong consensus and still being fairly up in the air, even from my perspective, maybe they're just hoping they can fight hard to win both of those.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #2238 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:02 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 2235, MathBlade wrote: and if it’s scum Coral we are in a world of hurt because then almost no one else has posted any reads of note
I lold
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #2239 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:13 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 2237, Coral wrote:maybe they're just hoping they can fight hard to win both of those.
The scumteam can be
all people who repped out and are now politely finishing the game, or sometimes not doing so. If so then appreciation to math for sportsmanship and tia to Aisa for playing out.
More likely though trying to model the entire scumteam's WIM or the outs they're playing is perilous and a lot harder than solving one more time and winning.

If that whole post is a Jacobellis trick to invite us to reevaluate you and flex if we don't then epicc

I can't take the invitation when absinthe is just complaining about a slump
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #2240 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:14 pm

Post by Isis »

If absinthe is town I dont have the snow shovels or the familiarity with her style to ever
"Well, I..."
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her, they/them

Post Post #2241 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:39 pm

Post by Aisa »

Morning all.

Isis, were you actually Una in Treestump Express? Just want to know if I've experienced (one version of) your town game before.

I skimmed some Isis and Chara posts and I am in a mini panicc about how I'm going to be able to sort them. Then again maybe that'll make the game fun. I haven't read much of the rest of the game yet. Please be patient if I start asking about things that have already been talked about.
In post 2201, Chara wrote:i think if we haven't flipped a minigame in two days (deadline is in 5 days) i'm going to vote demonaslot and let Isis do as she wishes.
D: nonono!

Just in case you are very literal about the two days, I'm serous though. At a glance I don't see anything in Isis's ISO that should be impossible to fake as scum or any massive towntelling, though I'm curious about the change of heart on Isis I found in your ISO and will make sure to check out the conversation that seemingly led to it. I will give the game content, and I think I should be findable as Town. Well. I guess this boils down to "give me a chance no quickhammer pls".
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2242 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:51 pm

Post by Aisa »

In post 2240, Isis wrote:If absinthe is town I dont have the snow shovels or the familiarity with her style to ever
I guess I vibe with this. At a glance Coral is more stereotypically towny than Absinthe, so, without yet having tried very hard to discern alignment, I think that even trying quite hard I may not be able to conclude anything other than Coral-town, absinthe-scum. Which I get totally sucks for absinthe and I'm sorry.

Under regular circumstances I'd wait to have actually read 10 pages end to end rather than self-fulfilling-prophecy-ing myself, but people seem deflated about no one stating any reads, so. Figured why not just state a random thought that came to mind.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2243 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:28 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 2234, MathBlade wrote:
In post 2233, Chara wrote:
Sure am.

do you townread Isis?
It’s not so much a townread per se more a I don’t see Isis scum so de facto town.

I don’t see Isis making that swap. Isis likes games like Pokémon and Magic and other strategy things.

I don’t see scum Isis making a move where she puts absinthe/ffery against Coral unless she thought she wins that battle.
This caught my eye. What do you think of the following possibilities?
1. absinthe is scum, scum thought they were making a good or ok swap at the time
2. absinthe is scum, scum thought swapping absinthe into the Gate would not be favourable, but were trying to maximise their chances of winning the other two games
3. absinthe is not scum, scum know exactly what they're doing because scum are about to win a minigame
In post 2235, MathBlade wrote:And given one sided this battle seems between the two I just don’t see scum Isis doing that unless it’s scum Coral and if it’s scum Coral we are in a world of hurt because then almost no one else has posted any reads of note
Do you tr Coral? Are you content with absinthe getting voted out in the Gate?

I'll be back later~
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2244 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2022 4:55 am

Post by MathBlade »

1) I really don’t think so.
-> Game 1 is about voting out the scum. Subbing in a relatively inactive player versus an active player like Coral seems really -EV.

The next two options assume absinthe scum.

Assume Skitter is town -> This means a two scum world in the bottom game. Surely with how inactive absinthe has been they’d have a better position of arguing absinthe town by swapping Catboi or me up. But instead they took skitter away from the game and brought her down in a scenario that was joked about in the beginning. I don’t see a scum Isis doing that

Assume Skitter is scum -> So scum Isis swaps out a decent chance at winning the 1v1 with absinthe? For a scenario that no one seemed to want? Again this doesn’t seem like

2) Again I don’t think Isis is the type of player to do that.

Assume absinthe is scum for these options

Skitter is town -> then one of Faker aka Prism (my slot) or Catboi would be scum. I don’t see how that swap helps scum win game three.
Skitter is scum -> Then scum did a reverse where even if absinthe was mod confirmed scum ffery could drag out the loss. Instead they put the timing of games in mod confirmed hands? Again doesn’t seem Isis.

3) Assume Absinthe is not scum. It’s always possible that Coral is scum here but I just don’t find it likely. And yes I tr Coral and yes I am okay with the top game resolving. If Coral is scum she earned it. Congrats to her.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2245 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2022 6:58 am

Post by catboi »

this is the scenario I feared, things are taking too long. I wanted to be polite and accomodate people but it's really not leading anywhere. I'm going to vote in the next few hours, if anyone's around and has something to ask, speak up now.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2246 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:06 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 2244, MathBlade wrote:[...]
2) Again I don’t think Isis is the type of player to do that.

Assume absinthe is scum for these options

Skitter is town -> then one of Faker aka Prism (my slot) or Catboi would be scum. I don’t see how that swap helps scum win game three.
Skitter is scum -> Then scum did a reverse where
even if absinthe was mod confirmed scum ffery could drag out the loss
. Instead they put the timing of games in mod confirmed hands? Again doesn’t seem Isis.
[...]
Mhmm I don't quite understand the bolded. Thanks for the reply otherwise. I guess I don't yet know enough about who wanted to be swapped where to be able to judge. I guess this all sounds vaguely reasonable but I'm still skeptical that this strongly indicates Isis is not scum.

Random thought, if I were scum and the initial split was one scum in each group I'd want to swap two townies
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2247 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:14 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 2245, catboi wrote:this is the scenario I feared, things are taking too long. I wanted to be polite and accomodate people but it's really not leading anywhere. I'm going to vote in the next few hours, if anyone's around and has something to ask, speak up now.
Hi I guess that seems fair enough, fmpov ideally you wouldn't vote for a couple days, but I kinda agree that from the rest of the game's pov a flip is useful, necessary even. I'm personally not going to support or oppose, do what you want.

I guess it would be nice to hear your Wall solve before you disappear.

I'm going to read the game and catch up for realz starting now.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2248 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:28 am

Post by catboi »

In post 2247, Aisa wrote:
In post 2245, catboi wrote:this is the scenario I feared, things are taking too long. I wanted to be polite and accomodate people but it's really not leading anywhere. I'm going to vote in the next few hours, if anyone's around and has something to ask, speak up now.
Hi I guess that seems fair enough, fmpov ideally you wouldn't vote for a couple days, but I kinda agree that from the rest of the game's pov a flip is useful, necessary even. I'm personally not going to support or oppose, do what you want.

I guess it would be nice to hear your Wall solve before you disappear.

I'm going to read the game and catch up for realz starting now.
the deadline is in less than 4 days, if you are town I am sorry but I absolutely cannot wait for you
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2249 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:29 am

Post by Aisa »

No worries.