Mini 2286: Legends of the Hidden Temple IV (Explorers Win!)

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:35 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 171, Flea The Magician wrote:I think it's weak sauce. it's skimmed milk - dyed water.
Ironically comes labelled with red.

Considering our teammates are potentially scum, we need to get the feel on them asap as far as I'm bothered, I promise you Nancy and me will be constantly checking each other.

Treating this as some weird open-hydra thing sets bells off for me.
Is your PT active?
Who is doing this?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:41 am

Post by Flea The Magician »

furtive is giving me that vibe.

Each slot is still its own slot, the teams is an additional mechanic
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:47 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 108, MegAzumarill wrote:
In post 106, Yume wrote:
In post 104, MegAzumarill wrote:
In post 61, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 59, MegAzumarill wrote:Quoting makes it feel like trying to justify it with what is obviously RVS sillyness
???

Come again?

Exactly how are you getting “rvs silliness” from all of that? What part of it are you reading as that?
"Mastina put a heart emoji and they did that as scum before so they must be scum"

If Yume was seriously saying that it's frankly ridiculous but you seem to be taking it at face value.
And where did I say she MUST be scum because of it? Quote me where did I write the phrase 'she must be scum'.
I don't really find problem with how you handled it

I found a problem in Nancy's handling of it
Then why is your vote still on Yume?
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:49 am

Post by mastina »

<3 Flea
Why'd you have to break my heart by rolling scum tho?
(Hey you did say anything. :P)
In post 162, MegAzumarill wrote:Also this feels like town mastina
Bullshit.

While I AM town, I certainly haven't shown it yet, not enough for you to develop that opinion of me.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:49 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

There’s several posts about that, so at the very least, you should have unvoted Yume no?
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:50 am

In post 178, mastina wrote:
<3 Flea
Why'd you have to break my heart by rolling scum tho?
(Hey you did say anything. :P)
First game back for a while, I gotta do something to make an impact :P
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her, they/them

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:57 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 171, Flea The Magician wrote:I think it's weak sauce. it's skimmed milk - dyed water.

Considering our teammates are potentially scum, we need to get the feel on them asap as far as I'm bothered, I promise you Nancy and me will be constantly checking each other.

Treating this as some weird open-hydra thing sets bells off for me. Is your PT active?
In post 172, Flea The Magician wrote:My priority currently is working out Nancys alignment.
If I think she's red, I'll be open about it and encourage challenges on us for it.
If I think she's green, its hydra time.
I agree there's a mechanical reason to prioritise sorting your partner, since challenging a team also impacts your partner. I think having a good read on your partner is one resource and there are paths to winning that don't involve that.

Is your accusation that furtive is too chill about my alignment or something else?

The PT has 8 posts between me and furtive. I'd call it moderately active, we haven't solved string theory yet, but hey, maybe by the end of the game.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:06 am

Post by Aisa »

Meg, does the point in the following post factor into your Nancy read?
In post 112, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 74, Yume wrote:
In post 72, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 70, Ythan wrote:What does Yume have to do with Bell and Taly?
Bell and Taly were in a hood and Bell hard sr them but I didn’t listen and I think Yume seems really sincere so I’m trusting their gut on that for now.
I appreciate it, but do not use another player's meta as a reference. I tried doing that once, using two different players to justify my stance. It backfired.
I think her point is she's trying to listen to input people provide that comes from hood contents
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:09 am

In post 181, Aisa wrote:

Treating this as some weird open-hydra thing sets bells off for me. Is your PT active?
In post 172, Flea The Magician wrote:My priority currently is working out Nancys alignment.
If I think she's red, I'll be open about it and encourage challenges on us for it.
I agree there's a mechanical reason to prioritise sorting your partner, since challenging a team also impacts your partner. I think having a good read on your partner is one resource and there are paths to winning that don't involve that.

Is your accusation that furtive is too chill about my alignment or something else?

The PT has 8 posts between me and furtive. I'd call it moderately active, we haven't solved string theory yet, but hey, maybe by the end of the game.
My accusation is furtive already seems to want to avoid scrutiny and seems to want to avoid finding out your alignment. There's either a mechanical blunder here, or badly disguised intent. I remember him being a little stronger on both sides so I'm going to start throwing accusations and see what sticks for now. ftr The Blue Barracudas have 11 and we're already comparing reads. I've only been active today.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:28 am

Post by Aisa »

What makes you think he wants to avoid scrutiny?
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:34 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 181, Aisa wrote:

:lol: @ string theory. If you don’t find extraterrestrial life on Pluto and renaming it’s rightful planet status, we’re yeeting both of your asses.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:41 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 129, furtiveglance wrote:I think Meg, then Ythan, then Gamma, then Hu Tao replacement, then Cephrir for the sus ones
I don’t understand the Ythan read at all? Duckling’s opening was underwhelming so eh? Waiting and seeing on Gamma. I would probably tl Ceph if I wasn’t paranoid of the tr, since he couldn’t tell I was town in LOST.

Hey @duckling, got any reads so far?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:43 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 183, Flea The Magician wrote:
In post 181, Aisa wrote:

My accusation is furtive already seems to want to avoid scrutiny and seems to want to avoid finding out your alignment. There's either a mechanical blunder here, or badly disguised intent. I remember him being a little stronger on both sides so I'm going to start throwing accusations and see what sticks for now. ftr The Blue Barracudas have 11 and we're already comparing reads. I've only been active today.
I don't think I'd want to 'avoid finding out Aisa's alignment' even if I was mafia - really unsure of what you're accusing me of with that one.

I don't think interrogating someone in a PT is conducive to reading them for alignment, nor do I have enough of a read on Aisa yet to declare and evidence it for the whole group. I'd say a townlean so far based on them feeling similar to previous games. If that read was more negative then I'd be more worried about my teammate, which seems fairly obvious to me.

If I had to guess, Flea, I'd say you're deliberately making quite dubious statements about me that you don't even believe, in order to try and sort me by my response. I recently read the endgame of Chromavalon, you seemed to think I was obvious by virtue of passivity (and your role). I think you're town for this, but I don't have confidence that you'll read me correctly, since I called you town when I was scum in that game.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:45 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 176, Flea The Magician wrote:furtive is giving me that vibe.

Don't know what you want from me wrt this
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:49 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 187, furtiveglance wrote:[...]

If I had to guess, Flea, I'd say you're deliberately making quite dubious statements about me that you don't even believe, in order to try and sort me by my response. I recently read the endgame of Chromavalon, you seemed to think I was obvious by virtue of passivity (and your role). I think you're town for this, but I don't have confidence that you'll read me correctly, since I called you town when I was scum in that game.
Did Flea think you were obvious town or obvious scum in that game?
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:53 am

Post by furtiveglance »

Fae knew I was Mafia, in a hydra with Nancy Drew 39
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:16 am

Post by Ythan »

In post 83, furtiveglance wrote:But maybe you (Cephrir) made me think that way.
What did you mean by this?
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:18 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 191, Ythan wrote:
In post 83, furtiveglance wrote:But maybe you (Cephrir) made me think that way.
What did you mean by this?
When Cephrir said that the Yume/Nancy exchange about the emoji was towny, that could have influenced my similar thinking
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:19 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 190, furtiveglance wrote:Fae knew I was Mafia, in a hydra with Nancy Drew 39
You were also extremely obvious scum in that as well, so probably would have sr you even without that. Only one that I wasn’t confident on was Umlaut slot.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:22 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 193, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 190, furtiveglance wrote:Fae knew I was Mafia, in a hydra with Nancy Drew 39
You were also extremely obvious scum in that as well, so probably would have sr you even without that. Only one that I wasn’t confident on was Umlaut slot.
If we're bragging, then I had the right Muses solve
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:35 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 176, Flea The Magician wrote:furtive is giving me that vibe.

I see.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:37 am

In post 187, furtiveglance wrote:I don't think I'd want to 'avoid finding out Aisa's alignment' even if I was mafia - really unsure of what you're accusing me of with that one.

I don't think interrogating someone in a PT is conducive to reading them for alignment, nor do I have enough of a read on Aisa yet to declare and evidence it for the whole group. I'd say a townlean so far based on them feeling similar to previous games. If that read was more negative then I'd be more worried about my teammate, which seems fairly obvious to me.

You know I love a good game of screw around and find out.
Thing here is, you don't mention your partner at all. Nothing, nada, ziltch. But you're happy throwing out reads on most others.
Also this.
In post 166, furtiveglance wrote:I think focusing on elimination is the most important thing in any game, we can't leave like in a dance game so I don't see why it's particularly important to read your teammate correctly
I think the opposite. I think it's vital to sort your teammate. Thats the person you either need to defend or push hard because of how eliminations work in this setup. PTs I think are vital to helping learn to read a person, guards are usually a little further down, especially given you've entered this as a team.

Chromavalon was a while ago, and how my brain works has changed a lot since. For one thing that I can have a Bionic Text thing on this makes reading it a hell of a lot easier for me.

Curious how you twist that I don't believe what i'm saying, one of my things for mafia is I do my best to remain as truthful as possible and I mean what I say.
Unsure how you're not seeing the conviction here.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:39 am

Post by Aisa »

Gamma is channeling her inner RH9!! :D
In post 184, Aisa wrote:What makes you think he wants to avoid scrutiny?
Still looking for a response to this if poss, Flea
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:45 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 196, Flea The Magician wrote:
In post 187, furtiveglance wrote:I don't think I'd want to 'avoid finding out Aisa's alignment' even if I was mafia - really unsure of what you're accusing me of with that one.

You know I love a good game of screw around and find out.
Thing here is, you don't mention your partner at all. Nothing, nada, ziltch. But you're happy throwing out reads on most others.
Also this.
In post 166, furtiveglance wrote:I think focusing on elimination is the most important thing in any game, we can't leave like in a dance game so I don't see why it's particularly important to read your teammate correctly
I think the opposite. I think it's vital to sort your teammate. Thats the person you either need to defend or push hard because of how eliminations work in this setup. PTs I think are vital to helping learn to read a person, guards are usually a little further down, especially given you've entered this as a team.

Chromavalon was a while ago, and how my brain works has changed a lot since. For one thing that I can have a Bionic Text thing on this makes reading it a hell of a lot easier for me.

Curious how you twist that I don't believe what i'm saying, one of my things for mafia is I do my best to remain as truthful as possible and I mean what I say.
Unsure how you're not seeing the conviction here.
+1

I 100% agree. Reading your teammate is the most important thing because if you trust your teammate than your hood can be like a masonry but if you don’t, then you’d want to be very careful, like I don’t see how that’s not obvious?

Also, only each teammate has info available to only them because they’re the only ones who can see the pt. Like had I had access to Taly/Bell pt in LOST, I would have 100% wanted Taly to eat rope because they were very scummy in the pt but not really so much in the main thread.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:45 am

In post 187, furtiveglance wrote:I don't have confidence that you'll read me correctly, since I called you town when I was scum in that game.
Also what is this BS.
Scum do this all the time, town do this all the time, it makes no difference on how I'm going to read you.

tbf that you've gone for meta is interesting. Time will tell on if this is AI or not though

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”