Mini 2286: Legends of the Hidden Temple IV (Explorers Win!)

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:00 am

Post by Flea The Magician »

In post 417, Aisa wrote:
In post 330, Ythan wrote:
In post 320, Aisa wrote:Flea, is this a fair summary of your thoughts of furtive?
What prompted this post?
I guess just trying to understand how Flea's mind works and whether they are Town given the whole situation with Flea saying I'm making assumptions.
In post 253, Flea The Magician wrote:
In post 241, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 237, Flea The Magician wrote:
In post 217, Aisa wrote: [...]
This is interesting, as this is a 18 minute later clarification and deflection on furtives behalf as well as a nice lil twist on what I've said so far.
Wow I wonder what you're really subtly implying here...oh no if I infer anything from this then it reveals my very sus defensive pov how smart of you
I haven't implied anything. I've said exactly what I've said. This is an afterthought and a chunky one at that, with enough time to step away and come back.
In post 237, Flea The Magician wrote:Now for the twist, you're stating that I believe furtive not prioritising sorting you is scum-indicative.
I haven't said that, at all - though I can see the skimmed milk off hand comment being seen as such.
My initial interpretation of the 18 minutes later comment was also that Flea wanted to imply that I was suspicious, and then there's furtive not prioritising sorting me, which we've been over.

My current guess is that Flea is Town, but imo making assumptions of the sort I have been making is a
completely reasonable
thing to do. Comments like "This is interesting, as this is a 18 minute later clarification and deflection on furtives behalf as well as a nice lil twist..." have a tone where, for most other players, you can safely assume means they scumread you.

And as I was turning over Flea's posts in my head I realised that after 253 I still wasn't sure if Flea SRed furtive for not wanting to sort me, that was one of my main concerns. Basically wondered if Flea was playing a big game of misdirection / pretending fae didn't mean what they actually meant.

To be clear I townlean Flea despite this, I think there are enough other indicators of a townie mindset and faer tone seems quite natural.
You're always welcome to ask where I stand on someone. For now, furtive is in no danger from me.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:02 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 415, Flea The Magician wrote:
In post 391, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 387, Flea The Magician wrote:So we have

Meg and worst - The Non-posters.
furtive and gamma - The Minimal Posters
me and StD - The Instigators
Aisa and Cephy - The Indirect Posters
Yume and Ythan - The Forgotten
Mastina and Nancy - Warming up. (Nancy's definitely got the cats butt wiggle vibe at the moment - you know its coming, just not when)
this makes very little sense to me
me and furtive are towards the top of the post count range, how are we "minimal posters"?
Because neither of you have posted anything beyond bare minimum in what you've posted.
then I don't think you're actually payin attention to our posts.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:02 am

In fact I stated as much in the post you said, there as no interesting in seeing either of you eliminated.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:03 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 420, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 405, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 367, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 365, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 362, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 357, Save The Dragons wrote:I think Meg is town
who do you think is scum?
I want to keep it under wraps so I'm going to use code but here's who I'm thinking

Ancy-nay
Orst-way
Maybe astina-may
Less sure of ephrir-cay and uritive-fay
why the first one
I'm a bit wary of her approach to me rn (specifically, seems she's trying to skirt around a definite read) but don't feel like she's pinged me notably
???

If this is about me, it’s because I don’t have one yet. Would you like me to pretend otherwise?

Not sure if I like this. How is not yet having a confident read on you skirting around jack?
you said you liked my posting earlier but haven't built on that at all
I’m still null on you. If I were to state otherwise I’d be lying. I don’t know why you even have an issue with that? I have good reasons for my reads. I’m still on the fence on you and idk maybe it has something to do with my tr furtive?
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:03 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

why do
you
suspect rn, Flea?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her, they/them

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:03 am

Post by Aisa »

Nancy I tr you, I also just reread Flea's and kinda feel the urge to take my townlean back lol
In post 331, Cephrir wrote:
In post 324, Aisa wrote:
In post 297, Aisa wrote:
In post 252, Cephrir wrote:
In post 222, Flea The Magician wrote:And with your team. It's possible for both members of the team to be scumbuddies and generally an early tactic is often to not bring any light onto your buddies. The absence of you from his ISO screams louder than anything else there, and it caught my attention.
i was going to say something like "surely there are other pairs who aren't focused on each other" but then i realized there actually aren't

aisa's defense comes off townie but it's curious that it was posted from a motivation standpoint. why not let furtive fight his own battles
Would love to hear what you think the motivation might be

I'll be back later with chunkier thoughts
Still curious. I contemplated letting this go but then realised I'd look like a fool if I asked a bunch of questions without others answering them and since my primary motivator in life is avoiding embarrassment at all costs, well
Presumably it means you either townread him strongly and are imo playing badly by not letting him defend himself on the off chance you're wrong, or are partners.
FWIW I hard TR furtive at this point, thought admittedly not when I started defending him. Thank you for you high praise hehe. FWIW I think that other considerations are that one person defending themselves is often not as persuasive as someone else also defending them, and also, fundamentally just gotta talk about something at some point.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:04 am

In post 426, Gamma Emerald wrote:

Mastina and Nancy - Warming up. (Nancy's definitely got the cats butt wiggle vibe at the moment - you know its coming, just not when)
me and furtive are towards the top of the post count range, how are we "minimal posters"?
Because neither of you have posted anything beyond bare minimum in what you've posted.
Thats the line you're taking? really?
I've just been sat on top of furtive and turning the heat up and you're saying I'm not paying attention?

C'mon gamma you're better than this.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:04 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 428, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
I want to keep it under wraps so I'm going to use code but here's who I'm thinking

Ancy-nay
Orst-way
Maybe astina-may
why the first one
I'm a bit wary of her approach to me rn (specifically, seems she's trying to skirt around a definite read) but don't feel like she's pinged me notably
???

If this is about me, it’s because I don’t have one yet. Would you like me to pretend otherwise?

Not sure if I like this. How is not yet having a confident read on you skirting around jack?
I’m still null on you. If I were to state otherwise I’d be lying. I don’t know why you even have an issue with that? I have good reasons for my reads. I’m still on the fence on you and idk maybe it has something to do with my tr furtive?
Do you have any plans to work on forming a read on me? That's my issue rn is that I haven't seen that from you yet
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:05 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 431, Flea The Magician wrote:
In post 426, Gamma Emerald wrote:

Thats the line you're taking? really?
I've just been sat on top of furtive and turning the heat up and you're saying I'm not paying attention?

C'mon gamma you're better than this.
there are probably shortcomings in my content thus far but I wouldn't call "bare minimum" an accurate one
<Embrace The Void>

Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:05 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 422, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 416, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:My reads haven’t changed much since the last time I gave reads but want a response from Gamma to my question and slight scumlean on STD. InHDP where he also read me wrong, he was constantly vacillating on that. He sounds way too confident in general and not in the right way. He’s sr slots I tr and is confidently without explanation tr what rn for me is a nullread and that response to furtive was hella scummy.

I don’t have a confident read on Gamma yet, one way or another and I don’t understand why she thinks I should have one yet.

My confident reads are the same as they were: Still like Yume, furtive, Mastina, Flea, Ythan and if anyone has any issue with that, then change my goddamned mind.
I didn't say you should have a read on me, I said you seem averse to having a defined read on me
I’m not “averse”, I just don’t have one yet. I don’t like what you’re implying with this? It reads a lot like shading when it makes no fucking sense.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:08 am

In post 429, Gamma Emerald wrote:why do
you
suspect rn, Flea?
Right now I'm wanting Silver Snakes and Green Monkeys to face off. I feel it could be an interesting situation.

You definitely need some poking at some point, MegA needs to show face and follow through on what they were doing - as does Quaxley. Mastina needs to show up and do what she does.

If it was a free elimination I'd be sat on Aisa right now.

An annoyingly large pool of sus, admittedly, but we have time.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:09 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 435, Flea The Magician wrote:
you
suspect rn, Flea?
Right now I'm wanting Silver Snakes and Green Monkeys to face off. I feel it could be an interesting situation.

You definitely need some poking at some point, MegA needs to show face and follow through on what they were doing - as does Quaxley. Mastina needs to show up and do what she does.

why the Monkeys?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:10 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Gold Dragons
, pardon.
<Embrace The Void>

Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:10 am

In post 433, Gamma Emerald wrote: there are probably shortcomings in my content thus far but I wouldn't call "bare minimum" an accurate one
Anything you're particularly happy about that you've posted that should be standing out to me?

Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 435, Flea The Magician wrote:
you
suspect rn, Flea?

why the Monkeys?
Ceph and StD are always fun to put under a bit of extra pressure, makes them a little easier to read ime.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:11 am

Post by Cephrir »

I hate that you have figured that out
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her, they/them

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:12 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 401, Cephrir wrote:I currently suspect both of you enough to want more information, yes
Piques my curiosity as I don't recall you asking me anything and I don't know how to sort you, so please do ask anything you want
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:13 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 271, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 245, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 244, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 242, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 239, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 229, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 228, furtiveglance wrote:Yes I agree with you, so does mastina
Are you bussing?
This seems odd, what drove this?
My myriad scumreads, of which you are one
riiiight
I think I am right, that's the thing
It just seems like your trajectory is way off here
You bounce from saying “I think you’re right” to “I think you’re bussing”, which gives the impression you are worried about consistency. And when pressed on the matter you go out of your way to re-affirm another states scumread. You feel inauthentic.
In post 246, the worst wrote:i feel like other people are having more valuable interactions than i can really have rn but i'll bbl
Why is this?
In post 287, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 277, Ythan wrote:
In post 262, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:@Ythan, what is your Gamma read?

It would be really cool if everyone could state a read on their hood partner with reasons.
She asked me to ask the question in my last post for her because she felt that Furtive was associating her with Cephrir and I find that suspicious. Sorry Em. <3
why you booing me I'm right
like, I was correct in my intuition that furtive was sussing me in connection to cephrir. How is it suspect that I correctly figured out how someone was reading me and opted to have someone else inquire into that topic?

Speaking of which,
In post 192, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 191, Ythan wrote:
In post 83, furtiveglance wrote:But maybe you (Cephrir) made me think that way.
What did you mean by this?
When Cephrir said that the Yume/Nancy exchange about the emoji was towny, that could have influenced my similar thinking
this is a total nothingburger response. I'll home in on my critique here: why and how does your scumread impacting your reads matter?
I think these posts go somewhat above and beyond
I think I see what you mean by "bare minimum" tho, I wouldn't call it that, I'd call it "short and sweet"
<Embrace The Void>

Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:13 am

Post by Cephrir »

That said flea I think you shouldn't give up on Aisa happening quite yet although granted this day is probably ending in a Meg elim if she doesn't start doing stuff
Bartleby the Scrivener
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:14 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 432, Gamma Emerald wrote:

Ancy-nay
Orst-way
Maybe astina-may
why the first one
???

Do you have any plans to work on forming a read on me? That's my issue rn is that I haven't seen that from you yet
What makes you think I’m not honestly trying? I don’t know why you’re trying to force this because it’s not helping me at all. Why don’t you do something to help me to have a more confident read on you rather than togive one out of thin air?

You haven’t done enough one way or the other for me to have a read either way. How you’re suspicious of that when in imho, you haven’t done enough to alignment tell - one way or the other - is seriously bonkers.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:14 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 440, Aisa wrote:
In post 401, Cephrir wrote:I currently suspect both of you enough to want more information, yes
Piques my curiosity as I don't recall you asking me anything and I don't know how to sort you, so please do ask anything you want
I've been agreeing with some of flea's posts but it's fair to say I have been more observing you from a distance than interacting which is pretty typical of me I think
Bartleby the Scrivener
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:15 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 443, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:

Ancy-nay
Orst-way
Maybe astina-may
why the first one
???

What makes you think I’m not honestly trying? I don’t know why you’re trying to force this because it’s not helping me at all. Why don’t you do something to help me to have a more confident read on you rather than togive one out of thin air?

You haven’t done enough one way or the other for me to have a read either way. How you’re suspicious of that when in imho, you haven’t done enough to alignment tell - one way or the other - is seriously bonkers.
well, what do you look for when trying to read me?
<Embrace The Void>

Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:16 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 444, Cephrir wrote:
In post 440, Aisa wrote:
I've been agreeing with some of flea's posts but it's fair to say I have been more observing you from a distance than interacting which is pretty typical of me I think
Like a dragon, if you will
Bartleby the Scrivener
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:21 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

I apologize for the pig Latin it was meant to be a joke
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:23 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 445, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 443, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:

Ancy-nay
Orst-way
Maybe astina-may
why the first one
???

well, what do you look for when trying to read me?
It’s not really something I can put my finger on but when I see a confident tell either way, I promise to let you know. I see things in your iso I like and things I don’t but I don’t know if any of it is ai or not. I’m sorry if this isn’t the response you were hoping for but I don’t see how pulling a confident read out of my ass when I don’t have one yet is going to help anyone and you pressuring me to do that is definitely not helping.

Idk, maybe give a readslist and explain it? I liked your earlier posts but I didn’t like your push on furtive but like I said, I can’t tell if that’s ai or not.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:26 am

In post 441, Gamma Emerald wrote:I think these posts go somewhat above and beyond
I think I see what you mean by "bare minimum" tho, I wouldn't call it that, I'd call it "short and sweet"
I'll stick with minimal. You've made little of anything, and bear minimum of questioning which is at best intrigue over serious questioning.
Cephrir wrote:<span style="font-weight: bolder;">Th</span>at <span style="font-weight: bolder;">sa</span>id <span style="font-weight: bolder;">fl</span>ea I <span style="font-weight: bolder;">th</span>ink <span style="font-weight: bolder;">yo</span>u <span style="font-weight: bolder;">sho</span>uldn't <span style="font-weight: bolder;">gi</span>ve up on <span style="font-weight: bolder;">Ai</span>sa <span style="font-weight: bolder;">happ</span>ening <span style="font-weight: bolder;">qu</span>ite <span style="font-weight: bolder;">ye</span>t <span style="font-weight: bolder;">alth</span>ough <span style="font-weight: bolder;">gra</span>nted <span style="font-weight: bolder;">th</span>is <span style="font-weight: bolder;">da</span>y is <span style="font-weight: bolder;">prob</span>ably <span style="font-weight: bolder;">end</span>ing in a <span style="font-weight: bolder;">Me</span>g <span style="font-weight: bolder;">el</span>im if <span style="font-weight: bolder;">sh</span>e <span style="font-weight: bolder;">do</span>esn't <span style="font-weight: bolder;">st</span>art <span style="font-weight: bolder;">do</span>ing <span style="font-weight: bolder;">st</span>uff
my gods this could be atrocious....
anyway.
Why just meg and not worst? Neither are really here.

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”