Mini 2286: Legends of the Hidden Temple IV (Explorers Win!)

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:30 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 548, MegAzumarill wrote:
In post 529, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 528, MegAzumarill wrote:First and foremost I don’t really like how TW hasn’t made efforts to engage in our PT. I know I wan’t active but it feels like TW isn’t interested in sorting my alignment because they made no effort for this since I last posted in there.

Rest of my thoughts are as I catch up. I’ll post a few pages at a time as I read.

Post 173: This post makes me feel like Nancy doesn’t really understand the situation or mechanics of the game and I don’t think Scum!nancy stands to gain much from faking this. A part of me thinks Scum!Nancy would get help from partners for understanding the setup.

Post 182: No it did not. I’ll probably drop that weirdness as it feels like genuine confusion which is probably slightly plus town for nancy and I don’t think more can be attributed to it at this point.

Post 187 Seems to be Furtive playing dumb and trying to OMGUS. +Scum

I like 196 from Flea, I feel like it makes sense but it’s mostly mechanical.

Post 202. This feels like Scum!Furtive. Actively sorting only scum reads isn’t critically evaluating the game. That’s trying to get a miselim through. If you are reading and focusing on the game you should be looking for towny and scummy things, you don’t just actively search one or the other. Like there’s not going to be more information on something just because you ignore other things. Doesn’t make sense.

Post 213 is interesting. I think Aisa/Furtive being both scums made some sense with furtive’s weirdness on the slot, but this post really blatantly seems to say why would furtive be weird
specifically with my slot.
The natural answer I feel is saying they are partners but I don’t think scum!Aisa is this blatant about it

252 Drives an interesting point by Cephir that I think leads more into the partnership of Furtive/Aisa. Due to the high density of scum I think these kind of associatives will be many between partners so I’m partial for it. I’m surprised nobody has suggested a furtive/aisa team to this point but I suppose I haven’t had any scummy points with Aisa on her own.

253 Makes me think Flea is town. Good analysis and I’m interested in seeing if they’ve got more reads.

271 +Town for Gamma. Fairly depth read but I don’t feel too strongly about the logic myself.

Will be back later for more,

Note to self: Start next on Page 12.
I don't think you've ever played with scum furtive. Besides, you're clearly taking 'valuing scumreads more than townreads' as 'only valuing scumreads' - misrep.
This is fairly clearly what you are implying with that post and were doing in the thread. You were not focusing on reading your partner because they weren't immediately a scumread.
Meg, when have you played with scum furtive?
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:25 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

Deputy Cultists, off the top of my head
Imprefection is the spice of life.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:25 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

I think one more but could be wrong on that
Imprefection is the spice of life.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:31 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Why are you okay with your team being challenged, Meg?
Also did you read the rest of the game or are you interacting in real time for now?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:33 pm

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

There are
no challenges
active today.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:48 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 553, Gamma Emerald wrote:Why are you okay with your team being challenged, Meg?
Also did you read the rest of the game or are you interacting in real time for now?
I’m going to guess, she doesn’t tr duckling and neither do I. Also thought his predecessor was a bit cagey. My guts wants some Peking Duck after that last catchup. :P
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:08 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 544, Aisa wrote:
In post 541, furtiveglance wrote:If mastina's team doesn't challenge Meg's team, then I will
See my friend this is the issue, you can't just
offer
to challenge the Snakes in the public thread, if you do then obviously everyone will want to take you up on the offer :P
Is everyone afraid of being an available vote target? I'm not sure that's accurate.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:16 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Curious that meg didn't seem to even consider issuing a challenge against a scumread themselves. I guess it could be the thing Nancy suggested but I'd like to hear it from them if so.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:02 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 557, Cephrir wrote:Curious that meg didn't seem to even consider issuing a challenge against a scumread themselves. I guess it could be the thing Nancy suggested but I'd like to hear it from them if so.
I don’t really understand it either but scum definitely doesn’t want to go up against jaguars because that’s auto-lose, so if either one of them is scum here and my money’s on the slippery duck > Mega, it’s possible, that they’re maybe hoping that they either don’t get challenged or haven’t decided on which team would be the easiest to beat. Rn, I’m voting snakes no matter who they’re up against and prefer duckling > Mega.

I really think Duckling’s scum here. Idk about Mega but I caught scum!duckling on d1 of Pokemon large theme game, so if duckling doesn’t do something to change my mind and soon, I feel very confident he’s scum here.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Yume
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/They

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:15 pm

Post by Yume »

Well, mastina will think this is a bad play, but I'll take it.

Challenge: Silver Snakes

So says me and my spirits.
Show
Whatever the chains placed upon me
Whatever the prison, my soul has the key
No money can buy, no power can still
No burden can break the unshakeable strength of my will

Mah best game

My alignment is what JJH says it is.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:17 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

VOTE: Snakes

Probably easiest vote of my entire mafia career. :lol:
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:22 am

Post by furtiveglance »

It's not a dance, you vote individual player
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:27 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 561, furtiveglance wrote:It's not a dance, you vote individual player
Doesn’t the challenge have to come first though?

I don’t think individual votes count until then or am I misunderstanding the setup?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:30 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

a challenge, post in bold Challenge: PINK PENGUINS.
11. Once a challenge has been issued, the pool of players who can be eliminated will expand to include up to four names: the team that was challenged and the team that issued that challenge. Remember, once a challenge has been issued the game will not move on until one of those players is eliminated.
Oh you’re right. Well anyone voting either jaguar is scumclaiming.

VOTE: the worst
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:53 am

Post by Flea The Magician »

Nothing like salt in a wound, pain flare starts easing and the pharmacy doesn't have my meds - I've ran out x.x
Yesterday was a spicy as predicted but hey I found a Base Set Ponyta for 10p so could've been worse :3
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 3:09 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 564, Flea The Magician wrote:Nothing like salt in a wound, pain flare starts easing and the pharmacy doesn't have my meds - I've ran out x.x
Yesterday was a spicy as predicted but hey I found a Base Set Ponyta for 10p so could've been worse :3
<3. Feel better Flea.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 3:12 am

Post by Flea The Magician »

In post 508, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Basically, Flea doesn’t want Iguanas challenged because fae’s afraid of furtive possibly being run up. So if furtive’s town like I think he is, why does scum!Flea make that particular post?
Yeah I'll confirm this. Was wanting to see what else spilled out from that pot before saying anything really.

Aisa still has my sus though and leaning scum there from what I remember, has been a foggy couple days.
In post 520, the worst wrote:
In post 449, Flea The Magician wrote:Why just meg and not worst? Neither are really here.
uh I think there is a marked difference between my activity and megazu's
Eeeeeeeh. Given I've called out two of the highest posters as having the lowest posts of actual value, what makes you think I'm going see a difference in at this particular moment 3 posts you've made?

That said this sounds promising and hopefully I stumble on meg while catching up.

welp disappointed. I like the challenge but wouldn't mind knowing the thought process behind it.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 3:43 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 525, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 524, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 517, the worst wrote:
In post 343, Cephrir wrote:Not especially, the part that puzzles me is that you'd be down to challenge nullreads right now
STD is playing this phase in a way that makes me think whatever alignment he is is more likely than random to win this game
How is that relevant
+1

Duckling, who do you think is scum?
In post 563, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
11. Once a challenge has been issued, the pool of players who can be eliminated will expand to include up to four names: the team that was challenged and the team that issued that challenge. Remember, once a challenge has been issued the game will not move on until one of those players is eliminated.

Why the worst specifically? I was thinking of voting Meg
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:19 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:27 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 335, the worst wrote:
In post 256, furtiveglance wrote:I'm going to bed now. I think the worst should challenge the Orange Iguanas, and that votepool would do me for D1.
i actually have no impression of either of the iguanas so far and would be down for this
In post 336, the worst wrote:
In post 258, Cephrir wrote:
In post 227, the worst wrote:interesting. I feel like I've not picked up the energy of any of megazu's takes and when I tried to sort in the hood megazu was like *claps* refer to the main thread
what have they done in the main thread that's supposed to be interesting to you
it's like you're inside my head
In post 263, mastina wrote:
In post 225, the worst wrote:
Spoiler: std only nobody else open
megazu is like, scum, right
Worstie are you okay with us dueling you+Meg?

I don't think you're scum with Meg but think Meg is scum.
i am less amenable to this plan simply because i think yume is town, suspect you are town, and have a low level of confidence on my ability to read megazu when megazu isn't really doing anything.

fine waiting for you to respond to this if you have ~reasons~ but i'd prefer firing on the iguanas then putting the squeeze on megazu aorn
If you have a nullread on both Mega and iguanas, why wouldn’t you want to look elsewhere? Like there’s pretty much no chance we’re voting out either Yume or Mastina, so don’t understand why you’d be advocating for a nullread > Mega.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:29 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 567, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 343, Cephrir wrote:Not especially, the part that puzzles me is that you'd be down to challenge nullreads right now
STD is playing this phase in a way that makes me think whatever alignment he is is more likely than random to win this game
How is that relevant
+1

I’m okay with switching to Mega, my sr on duckling is just stronger. Sell me on Mega and I’ll switch. I’m obviously not touching either jaguar.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:34 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 570, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 567, furtiveglance wrote:
How is that relevant
+1

I’m okay with switching to Mega, my sr on duckling is just stronger. Sell me on Mega and I’ll switch. I’m obviously not touching either jaguar.
I think Yume is town, mastina seems to have disappeared which is slightly concerning. As for the Snakes, I can see Haschel putting 1 scum/scum team in, and if there is one it's the Snakes. Both players quite sus. But I'd rather vote Meg.

VOTE: MegAzumarill
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:44 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

UNVOTE:

I’m going to think about this a bit, hopes both snakes will have posted more content. On reread, less confident than I was.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:00 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

alignments are randomized but S/S teams are possible
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 6:35 am

Post by Cephrir »

Shhh let them make the mistake firsttt
Bartleby the Scrivener

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”