Mini 2286: Legends of the Hidden Temple IV (Explorers Win!)

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:57 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

i want to root for the argument that is just a meme because it's awesome but i'm not sure i buy it
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:59 am

aisa announced a VLA for this time period so i don't really see it as a scummy pop in
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:59 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 813, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 811, furtiveglance wrote:This wagon on Aisa sucks. I'm not happy
I’m not happy with any of the options. I wanted to vote duckling but here we are. I’m happy to wait to hear what she says when she posts later today.

Could you possibly paraphrase yours and Aisa’s convos in your hood?

@Gamma, can you do that with Ythan as well or vice-versa?
Sure
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:04 am

Post by furtiveglance »

Associative = could be partnery

Anti-associative = makes partners less likely
In post 43, MegAzumarill wrote:Probably isn't ordered within the tiers

VOTE: Yume

Bad entrance
RVS vote but I'll take this as anti-associative and I already think Yume is town anyway
In post 58, MegAzumarill wrote:Not entirely sure how it works

Either way Nancy voting mastina is incredibly odd for that umm.... case
Ok, the vote in question is . I'm inclined to believe that Meg wouldn't want to hamstring Nancy if they were Mafia together by criticising her vote. It's a possible chainsaw for mastina though.
In post 104, MegAzumarill wrote:
In post 61, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 59, MegAzumarill wrote:Quoting makes it feel like trying to justify it with what is obviously RVS sillyness
???

Come again?

Exactly how are you getting “rvs silliness” from all of that? What part of it are you reading as that?
"Mastina put a heart emoji and they did that as scum before so they must be scum"

If Yume was seriously saying that it's frankly ridiculous but you seem to be taking it at face value.
Seems anti-associative to me.
In post 105, MegAzumarill wrote:StD town tbh
I don't think this is anti-associative, personal read of course. I think with 4 Mafia in 12, you'd probably want to townread at least 1 partner, though how you went about that might look different for each player.
In post 162, MegAzumarill wrote:
In post 157, mastina wrote:
In post 156, Aisa wrote:Woah I just realised this setup doesn’t have a fixed number of miselims before Town loses, isn’t maths crazy
Technically yes but if there's two all-town mislims without scum dead, town loses. So we only get two.
It's nightless so we get 4 mislims +1 for every scum eliminated.

Also this feels like town mastina
I do get more pockety vibes from this about mastina, more anti-associative than previous comment about her.

With this next post below, I'll type in
purple
In post 528, MegAzumarill wrote:First and foremost I don’t really like how TW hasn’t made efforts to engage in our PT. I know I wan’t active but it feels like TW isn’t interested in sorting my alignment because they made no effort for this since I last posted in there.

I don't think this is anti-associative, I can see Meg saying this about a partner.

Rest of my thoughts are as I catch up. I’ll post a few pages at a time as I read.

Post 173: This post makes me feel like Nancy doesn’t really understand the situation or mechanics of the game and I don’t think Scum!nancy stands to gain much from faking this. A part of me thinks Scum!Nancy would get help from partners for understanding the setup.

I think this is anti-associative.

Post 182: No it did not. I’ll probably drop that weirdness as it feels like genuine confusion which is probably slightly plus town for nancy and I don’t think more can be attributed to it at this point.

Post 187 Seems to be Furtive playing dumb and trying to OMGUS. +Scum

I like 196 from Flea, I feel like it makes sense but it’s mostly mechanical.

This one could go either way for me, I think sometimes scum like to talk about mechanics in reference to their partners, but then again outright saying 'I like this from Flea' is slightly anti-associative I think.

Post 202. This feels like Scum!Furtive. Actively sorting only scum reads isn’t critically evaluating the game. That’s trying to get a miselim through. If you are reading and focusing on the game you should be looking for towny and scummy things, you don’t just actively search one or the other. Like there’s not going to be more information on something just because you ignore other things. Doesn’t make sense.

Post 213 is interesting. I think Aisa/Furtive being both scums made some sense with furtive’s weirdness on the slot, but this post really blatantly seems to say why would furtive be weird
specifically with my slot.
The natural answer I feel is saying they are partners but I don’t think scum!Aisa is this blatant about it

252 Drives an interesting point by Cephir that I think leads more into the partnership of Furtive/Aisa. Due to the high density of scum I think these kind of associatives will be many between partners so I’m partial for it. I’m surprised nobody has suggested a furtive/aisa team to this point but I suppose I haven’t had any scummy points with Aisa on her own.

This is making me slightly nervous about Aisa. It looks a bit like 'partner swapping' - in which you call your partner scum with a town to make your argument more convincing and muddy the waters. I have done this before and it's a good strat. The way Meg is suggesting us as Mafia together, but primarily pushing me, makes me consider this 'associative'. I also think that the character of Cephrir is suspiciously placed here. Meg is borrowing his read, but never bothers to express a read on Cephrir in this post (or any other). This looks 'associative' to me.

253 Makes me think Flea is town. Good analysis and I’m interested in seeing if they’ve got more reads.

This looks like quite a straightforward attempt at buddying. Anti-associative.

271 +Town for Gamma. Fairly depth read but I don’t feel too strongly about the logic myself.

The post in question () is Gamma calling me inauthentic. I think the way that Meg balances this comment of '+town for Gamma' with the caveat that they don't necessarily agree makes this 'associative', as I've often qualified reads/comments about partners in this way before.

Will be back later for more,

Note to self: Start next on Page 12.
In post 549, MegAzumarill wrote:Realistically I'm fine with the Snakes being challenged here but I would enjoy the ability to catch up and collect my thoughts.
It's funny, the way other people accused me of seeing myself and Aisa as a team is making me question the language here. I'm going to consider this 'associative' with the worst.

In conclusion then, I think Meg has anti-associatives with Nancy, Flea, Yume and (less so) mastina.

And I think Meg has possible associatives with Aisa, Cephrir, Gamma Emerald and the worst.

Just the one interaction with STD which in my view could go either way. And no mention at all of Ythan.

Having said all this, I do prefer to read players first and foremost on their own content. This sort of stuff just adds to how I view the game, and when my own reads seem to contradict with possible 'associatives' or 'anti-associatives', it gives me something to think about.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:04 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 823, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 813, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:I wanted to vote duckling but here we are.
i too am disappointed we're not powerwashing the worst out of the game

dude is clearly scum

what the heck
That’s exactly why I opted to do what I did, tw isn’t gonna change his fate much if he’s scum
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:05 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 826, Save The Dragons wrote:aisa announced a VLA for this time period so i don't really see it as a scummy pop in
idk why but I feel like busy scum are
more
likely to do what I described
<Embrace The Void>

Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:06 am

i guess

i guess i just want the shiny in front of my eyes rather than going back into the cave to hunt for another shiny
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:07 am

i want to see more from both ythan and aisa before i really make a move here
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:08 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 827, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 813, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 811, furtiveglance wrote:This wagon on Aisa sucks. I'm not happy
I’m not happy with any of the options. I wanted to vote duckling but here we are. I’m happy to wait to hear what she says when she posts later today.

Could you possibly paraphrase yours and Aisa’s convos in your hood?

@Gamma, can you do that with Ythan as well or vice-versa?
Sure
If you're online....I'm guessing it won't take too long to do this. More interested in what Ythan has said in there.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:10 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

That wasn’t an “I’ll do it now” per se but I’ll work on it
<Embrace The Void>

Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:16 am

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

The list of players eligible to be eliminated today consists of

Gamma Emerald
Ythan

furtiveglance
Aisa

Aisa: (3) Flea The Magician, Cephrir, Yume
furtiveglance: (1) mastina
Gamma Emerald:
Ythan:

Not Voting: Nancy Drew 39, Save The Dragons, the worst, Gamma Emerald, Ythan, furtiveglance, Aisa

With 11 players in the temple, it takes 6 to eliminate.
Yume
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/They

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:22 am

Post by Yume »

In post 817, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 816, Yume wrote:
In post 812, furtiveglance wrote:Yume, do you always sheep mastina? I saw it in HotD a bit, mastina was scum in that. You said you suspected her earlier, but now voted with. How has your read developed on mastina?
Yes, I kinda do. I do ever since that game.
Are you townreading mastina currently?
Yes.
Show
Whatever the chains placed upon me
Whatever the prison, my soul has the key
No money can buy, no power can still
No burden can break the unshakeable strength of my will

Mah best game

My alignment is what JJH says it is.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:29 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 828, furtiveglance wrote:RVS vote but I'll take this as anti-associative
:neutral:
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:44 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 837, Cephrir wrote:
In post 828, furtiveglance wrote:RVS vote but I'll take this as anti-associative
I agree it’s an anti-associative but not really an rvs vote because rvs votes are generally silly like my vote on you. I was obviously joking when I made that vote but Mega’s vote on Yume was clearly not meant as a joke but she’s pretty much obvtown here anyway.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:02 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Just gonna try to cover the bits I feel are important

Our thread starts with me mentioning a Super Mario World romhack themed around LotHT since it’s relevant to me and Ythan’s interests and I was a bit rattled during gamestart so I opted to post an icebreaker.
We then talked about how to use the hood, where I talked about my antics in the last run a bit. We then talked about what we wanted to do regarding challenges.
Ythan mentions not having much to say in the hood since her thoughts are already in the main thread. We also talked a little about video games.
I then mention my concern about mastina calling me town when my recollection is she tends to read me inversely to what I am when she’s town. I also asked Ythan to poke into the thing furtive said regarding Ceph influencing his reads.
I post the read list that I built off of for my reads I posted in-thread. One thing that I haven’t really been explicit about yet is I had Aisa as a townlean there but hadn’t really said much about in thread for a time. This resulted in some paranoia of Ythan when Flea was mixed up about my read progression on furtive/Aisa.
Ythan asks if it’s okay to mention the question I requested she asked furtive, and I give the okay. She also looks over me and furtive and comes out of it kinda suspicious of me.
I then make a comment about it feeling like multiple players are playing passive (those being tw/Meg/furtive/Flea) which was frustrating because I was considering challenging Meg+tw for the logic Cephrir stated despite him meaning the parrots. Soon after I express a desire for Flea to challenge me because I felt like fae was playing weakly.
I ask Ythan for input on my readlist in the main thread but there was some confusion on that front. This was also around the time I thought Flea and Ythan could be paired based on Flea mentioning an Aisa TR which I’d only been explicit about in the hood for a while. In addition I mention doubt about SRing mastina since she also went after Flea who was pretty UTR. Eventually Ythan reaches my readlist and says my townreads look okay and she wants to look into my SRs.
I call out as weird, albeit potentially towny. I also express interest in a jaguars/parrots challenge as a “clear some of the fog around these slots” idea.
I ask Ythan about the Jaguars/Snakes challenge which prompts her to mention being behind. I also noted I felt like furtive was reading into my as an associative with Meg+tw which I found inane. That’s also why I asked furtive’s thought on that post in here.
I posted *popcorn gif* in the hood when Flea got jumpy at the E-1 and voted Yume
After the first challenge finished, I posted a greeting when Ythan popped into the thread and then a sorta taunting “showtime” message when I issued my challenge. She then said that reading the current challenge would be easier than the last one since she had thoughts on the group already, to which I asked her to give thoughts on some of the still alive members of the last challenge.
<Embrace The Void>

furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:11 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 837, Cephrir wrote:
Is that all you want to comment on from that post?
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:12 am

Post by Cephrir »

Seems that way doesn't it
Bartleby the Scrivener
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:15 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 839, Gamma Emerald wrote:Just gonna try to cover the bits I feel are important

Our thread starts with me mentioning a Super Mario World romhack themed around LotHT since it’s relevant to me and Ythan’s interests and I was a bit rattled during gamestart so I opted to post an icebreaker.
We then talked about how to use the hood, where I talked about my antics in the last run a bit. We then talked about what we wanted to do regarding challenges.
Ythan mentions not having much to say in the hood since her thoughts are already in the main thread. We also talked a little about video games.
I then mention my concern about mastina calling me town when my recollection is she tends to read me inversely to what I am when she’s town. I also asked Ythan to poke into the thing furtive said regarding Ceph influencing his reads.
I post the read list that I built off of for my reads I posted in-thread. One thing that I haven’t really been explicit about yet is I had Aisa as a townlean there but hadn’t really said much about in thread for a time. This resulted in some paranoia of Ythan when Flea was mixed up about my read progression on furtive/Aisa.
Ythan asks if it’s okay to mention the question I requested she asked furtive, and I give the okay. She also looks over me and furtive and comes out of it kinda suspicious of me.
I then make a comment about it feeling like multiple players are playing passive (those being tw/Meg/furtive/Flea) which was frustrating because I was considering challenging Meg+tw for the logic Cephrir stated despite him meaning the parrots. Soon after I express a desire for Flea to challenge me because I felt like fae was playing weakly.
I ask Ythan for input on my readlist in the main thread but there was some confusion on that front. This was also around the time I thought Flea and Ythan could be paired based on Flea mentioning an Aisa TR which I’d only been explicit about in the hood for a while. In addition I mention doubt about SRing mastina since she also went after Flea who was pretty UTR. Eventually Ythan reaches my readlist and says my townreads look okay and she wants to look into my SRs.
I call out as weird, albeit potentially towny. I also express interest in a jaguars/parrots challenge as a “clear some of the fog around these slots” idea.
I ask Ythan about the Jaguars/Snakes challenge which prompts her to mention being behind. I also noted I felt like furtive was reading into my as an associative with Meg+tw which I found inane. That’s also why I asked furtive’s thought on that post in here.
I posted *popcorn gif* in the hood when Flea got jumpy at the E-1 and voted Yume
After the first challenge finished, I posted a greeting when Ythan popped into the thread and then a sorta taunting “showtime” message when I issued my challenge. She then said that reading the current challenge would be easier than the last one since she had thoughts on the group already, to which I asked her to give thoughts on some of the still alive members of the last challenge.
I'm seeing a lot of 'I' here and not too much 'Ythan'. That's all I really wanted to know (Ythan's activity level) because so far her main thread ISO looks light on reads.

It's interesting you thought that I was seeing you on a team with the worst and Meg, I was but not for 573. I'll explain later
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:18 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 839, Gamma Emerald wrote:Just gonna try to cover the bits I feel are important

Our thread starts with me mentioning a Super Mario World romhack
I just thought this was funny
Bartleby the Scrivener
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:20 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Our activity is similar in the hood it’s just I’m more involved in the game rn
I also cut some fluff out that was wedged in with the content
<Embrace The Void>

Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:20 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 839, Gamma Emerald wrote:I posted *popcorn gif* in the hood when Flea got jumpy at the E-1 and voted Yume
Hmm
Bartleby the Scrivener
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:21 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 843, Cephrir wrote:

Our thread starts with me mentioning a Super Mario World romhack
I just thought this was funny
I can’t just gloss over the opening tho?
<Embrace The Void>

furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:36 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 394, Cephrir wrote:I'm at a point where I would be interested to see an iguanas vs snakes challenge. I think all four have scum equity and I'd like to see them under pressure & commit the whole game to sorting them all
Do you still scumread both me and Aisa?
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:38 am

Post by furtiveglance »

Later on I will look at other people talking to/about Meg. Let me know if you have any formatting preferences, I think my recent big post was a bit hard to read
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:41 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 847, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 394, Cephrir wrote:I'm at a point where I would be interested to see an iguanas vs snakes challenge. I think all four have scum equity and I'd like to see them under pressure & commit the whole game to sorting them all
Do you still scumread both me and Aisa?
I'm not sure about you right now, I have found myself interacting with you and pushing on things quite a bit but I suspect her more for reasons that perhaps aren't fully clear to me right now
Bartleby the Scrivener

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”