Micro 1068 | Normal Designer Mafia | Postgame

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:38 am

Post by Aureal »

VOTE: Doctor Drew for obvious fake claim. Not getting away with that so easily!
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (isolation #1) » Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:23 am

Post by Aureal »

Oh no, furtive is onto us! Quick, Hellhound, activate your death laser before anyone else catches on!
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (isolation #2) » Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:59 am

Post by Aureal »

I played regularly for about a year then got career and apparently had no more time for it. So I'm relatively recently back, don't let the join date fool you into thinking I'm any good at this. :wink:

Games definitely seem more active than they used to, probably a combination of deadlines being the default and it being much easier to put internet in your pocket and spit out a blurb from work like I'm doing now.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (isolation #3) » Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:49 pm

Post by Aureal »

Explain why you think sharing role picks helps town, please?
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (isolation #4) » Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:53 am

Post by Aureal »

I'm not really liking this. I don't see the wisdom in letting Mafia know any more about the possible setup, such as whether they could be blocked or such. And I don't really expect them to be truthful about what they submitted, so we could get bamboozled thinking we can't possibly have Mafia with certain abilities.

VOTE: Enchant
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (isolation #5) » Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:39 am

Post by Aureal »

Interesting response to an early game vote. Did I miss a rule saying you have to call someone Mafia before voting them?
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #42 (isolation #6) » Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:07 am

Post by Aureal »

Yes there's a rule saying you have to call someone Mafia before voting them? OK, I await mod intervention on that. Not holding my breath though. :lol:

Do you really think I'm supposed to be no more suspicious of you and your suggestion without explanation than I was of Drew? Particularly given how its form shifted, and you're being inconsistent about what sort of picks you had?
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (isolation #7) » Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:17 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 44, Enchant wrote:
In post 42, Aureal wrote: Do you really think I'm supposed to be no more suspicious of you and your suggestion without explanation than I was of Drew? Particularly given how its form shifted, and you're being inconsistent about what sort of picks you had?
Explain this
You didn't give any reasoning why you think sharing info will help town, you just gave your opinion. What scenarios do you envision possibly coming about because of shared info?

You first suggested sharing"PR" picks, implying town roles. After other people started talking about sharing Mafia instead you seem to be taking what you can get there. And of course you went from not really having Mafia picks to having some that could be Mafia.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (isolation #8) » Sat Jan 21, 2023 3:04 pm

Post by Aureal »

I'm just flat out confused by Enchant now. I think it's maybe the grammar?

I disagree that VT, goon etc. aren't roles. Everyone in a game has a role. Some just have more abilities than others.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (isolation #9) » Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:36 pm

Post by Aureal »

*waits to see who doesn't think Drew and furtive can be scum together*
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (isolation #10) » Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:32 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 92, Doctor Drew wrote:But.......Aureal was making a pretty clear jokey post about you, and you shoe horned your wiki in there to get your self meta out in the open. There was no reason for you to do that, and asking the about there experience was completely out of the blue as well. The whole thing seems so soooo contrived. You cannot it good conscience say that it felt like natural response.

Oh, so I can't bring up the thing you brought up, gotcha......that really progresses the game.
Okay, so I gotta ask... Just because something feels like an unnatural response, does that make it suspicious? As the person on the other side of this conversation, I agree, yeah it was unnatural. Self-promotion rarely is natural. Someone who goes to the effort to put together a wiki about themself, however that's done, probably wants people to pay attention to it.

Who here actually went to look at furtive's wiki because it was mentioned? I sure didn't.

And who is starting to feel like they might end up having to look if this continues? :?
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (isolation #11) » Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:36 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 111, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 100, Aureal wrote:*waits to see who doesn't think Drew and furtive can be scum together*
Is this a thought you have? What's the point of saying this?
That I thought the prior comment about me and Enchant not being a SvS argument was a bit silly and felt like lampshading it before every little tiff had people rushing to declare whether they thought it was SvS?

Why are you voting NK15?
bugspray wrote:i think this setup will mechanically heavily favor town when there is only one remaining scum alive
What do you mean by that?
Lycanfire wrote:VOTE: enchant
Any reason for this?
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (isolation #12) » Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:31 pm

Post by Aureal »

Hey, I asked both of you a question earlier. You could try answering if you're so keen for something to post about except each other? :lol:
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (isolation #13) » Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:39 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 108, Aureal wrote:
In post 92, Doctor Drew wrote:But.......Aureal was making a pretty clear jokey post about you, and you shoe horned your wiki in there to get your self meta out in the open. There was no reason for you to do that, and asking the about there experience was completely out of the blue as well. The whole thing seems so soooo contrived. You cannot it good conscience say that it felt like natural response.

Oh, so I can't bring up the thing you brought up, gotcha......that really progresses the game.
Okay, so I gotta ask... Just because something feels like an unnatural response, does that make it suspicious? As the person on the other side of this conversation, I agree, yeah it was unnatural. Self-promotion rarely is natural. Someone who goes to the effort to put together a wiki about themself, however that's done, probably wants people to pay attention to it.

Who here actually went to look at furtive's wiki because it was mentioned? I sure didn't.

And who is starting to feel like they might end up having to look if this continues? :?
I guess the question got a little buried, but I would like some feedback on it!
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (isolation #14) » Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:46 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 152, furtiveglance wrote:
Vote and reasoning on Enchant sucks
Howso?

Refusal to comment on/'rank' me and Drew sucks more
Are you calling that response a refusal to comment because the meaning is unclear?
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (isolation #15) » Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:49 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 159, Doctor Drew wrote: Imo, yes if something seems unnatural and forced, it does seem suspicious to me, especially when under the guise of acting like they are scum hunting.

And then on top of that the unnatural post was about promoting their wiki, hence why I made the post about Furtive already trying to put their self meta out there. If they made a somewhat jokey or tongue and cheek reference to it, I probably would not have had as much of an issue with it all.
Do you think his mentioning the wiki makes people more likely to actually look into him? Surely if people want to look into how the other people in the game play they can just view their other games. I'm not sure what the wiki is really supposed to do.

You've been all about this wiki thing- what do you think of Enchant and those voting there?
Lycanfire wrote:furtive blowing a vein because people don't want to read him probably irl wolfy bad vibe
That... almost made sense.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (isolation #16) » Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:57 pm

Post by Aureal »

Reads, in order of towniness:

biancospino - May be the only sane person in the game, good insight into setup, not a lot of scum hunting yet though.
bugspray - Some decent insights mixed with strange ones like which seems so backwards that it seems like a joke?
Not Known 15 - Splits hairs about which roles to give info on without giving any real reasoning. Decent though little attempt to scum-hunt.
Doctor Drew - While I get the dislike for random advertisements, the vendetta against furtive might be a bit much, it's a weird thing to be pressing on.
furtiveglance - So many posts, so little insight into his thought process which seems to be all over the place- could be a red flag. Also one of the people to immediately offer info on mafia picks- possibly working with Enchant to try to get info on picks out there?
Enchant- Fishing for role info and easily distressed by a vote- possibly upset that it derailed an attempt at some info-seeking scheme?
Lycanfire - Basically nothing here, needed prompting to even give a reason for their vote which is basically just reiterating mine and NK15's.
Hellhound1 - WHERE ARE THE DEATH LASERS?!?

In conclusion, are you all scum? :neutral:
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (isolation #17) » Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:47 am

Post by Aureal »

furtiveglance wrote:
In post 167, biancospino wrote:@furtive, can you sell me on Aureal? It's strictly because of the convo with Enchant?
No, I'm getting the sense that Aureal is nervous about how she's perceived. I mean that readslist for instance. Completely unprompted, and there's nothing to go off anyway so why even do one. I think she feels the need to have stances
OK, well that's at least something. You were really starting to worry me with the way you go around ignoring questions and arbitrarily declaring people scum. :lol:

Would still be nice if you'd respond to my questions though.

As for unprompted, you were just complaining about how there's not enough going on but Drew goading you and you're doing all the work here; so it feels pretty weird that you find it suspicious when someone tries to offer something else to talk about. I had some time to review the game last night so I made some notes on what I thought so far, and didn't see much reason not to share.
biancospino wrote:Mhm. The list was indeed unprompted and quite arbitrary. Now, she responds to a comment you did on NK, about how Enchant was a bad vote, and she asks about opinion on Enchant's voters out of the blue while the rest of the post is about something else -- I am catching that you believe Auriel came out as being exceedingly preoccupied with the optics of her vote?
Just pretty sick of hearing about furtive's wiki and wanting to prod people to get thoughts about other things. That's like, all Drew has talked about. Branch out a little, will ya?
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (isolation #18) » Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:44 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 175, furtiveglance wrote: 1) Which questions are unanswered?
2) Yeah but when I do a readslist like that I usually emerge with a scumread or two, and you just sort of went 'meh'. Your vote remains on Enchant, apparently for bad strategy
I think that's pretty much how I roll, I note what's scummy about people. Or on more rare occasion, what's towny? Might be why I don't much post reads. Don't get used to it. :lol:

I did put it in an order though, and the two below Enchant are there for lurking, which doesn't seem like the most useful place to focus at the moment. And that's not even a good representation of my Enchant read. :P
Doctor Drew wrote:I don't actually constantly bring up the wiki, other people say that is the reason I am voting Furtive when I have said it was his reactions to my prodding of him.

I need to kick the tires on Aureal here.
Ah, had to review your ISO but that's fair. The wiki stuff really kind of drowns out other things in the memory. I just threw the question out to you specifically because I was already talking to you and asking someone in specific gets better results than just a generalized prompt.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (isolation #19) » Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:40 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 163, biancospino wrote: This is a thing that Aureal also did, and it does sit a bit uneasy with me, I'm not convinced that it's fair to say that Enchant was backtracking. They said that neither of their picks were Mafia, and then revealed a set of pick descriptions that were not of Mafia picks. Aureal did at some point imply that this there was a contradiction there because some of those picks
could
be assigned to Mafia, but... I don't see it?
I also don't see what sort of backtracting could Drew possibly have seen here exactly? I would like clarifications, I'm open to admit having misunderstood someone along the way.
At this point I'm thinking some of it might just be a problem I have with understanding what Enchant is trying to say, since the grammar is quite lacking in clarity there. As for this... I dunno, it just sort of felt like the initial "I don't really have mafia picks" might have been an attempt to brush off the idea of just doing mafia ones? It just doesn't sit quite right with me.

For the record, I am open to the idea of sharing info, but I expect reasoned discussion about why it's expected to be beneficial to the town. This clearly seems to be beyond this group, so I'm fine with how we've moved past it.
furtiveglance wrote: 1) Because it's based on Enchant's bad mech argument. Why would Mafia enter the game and suggest something that's bound to get scumread?
So that's a "too scummy to be scum" argument? If it's so obviously scummy, why did so many people shrug it off?
2) No, they did comment on our argument and called both/all arguments 'weak'. They refused to pick who was townier between us, which I think is +scum.
You've got a weird way of thinking.
furtiveglance wrote:
In post 178, Aureal wrote:And that's not even a good representation of my Enchant read.
It is literally why you voted them, I read that post. Please disabuse me of this notion if you can.
You were talking about my vote remaining there, not why I voted in the first place. Vote has remained there for the reasons given in my post earlier, none of which was "bad strategy". I could also further add things like "self-voting/threatening to", "posting little but random useless comments that just seem to want to stir the pot" or "suggesting a lim for no discernable reason."
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (isolation #20) » Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:00 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 182, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 181, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 178, Aureal wrote:Ah, had to review your ISO but that's fair.
No, it's not fair, and Drew's play hasn't been reasonable or pro-town.

He literally voiced his own theory that I mentioned my wiki as some kind of evil scum plan, and then twisted everything I said to try and make it fit his narrative.
I was trying to quit you, but then you say this.

You literally haven't voiced a defense outside of name calling and buzz words.
This is getting pretty nuts. There was a big freaking obvious problem with that post of furtive's right there, and you ignore it to rag on him some more about "name calling". Why do you keep on about the dumbest things you can think of instead of actual issues? After seeing this post I really started wondering whether this is a scum v. scum fight, even before seeing later that you apparently have decided to start sheeping him?
Enchant wrote:
In post 190, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 188, Not Known 15 wrote:
In post 185, Enchant wrote:I dislike this gamestate

Probably having 3 votes helps

VOTE: Hellhound1
And where is this now coming from?

Explain yourself.
I missed this, why a vote on a dead spot? You aren't at E-1, why start freaking out?

Idk

Imagine you say how exciting you are and then disappear

I know it's like "nuuu attacks lurkers" or maybe something happened irl but eh, i can always unvote i am
I don't know, I feel like if someone's game plan was to make a post and then disappear, they'd make a more interesting/believable excuse. Like "hi people, looks like the storm might hit us, hopefully we won't lose power" or "hey everyone gonna vote just gotta check on this noise outside quick" :lol:
Lycanfire wrote:Aureal is kinda like plain bread this game. I don't have a problem with their play so far. It's pretty sound and doesn't bother me at this stage of the game.
Yeah, and I'm afraid to ask what the rest of these crazies are. :?

And you totally sound like someone who wants me to keep my vote where it is. :wink:
Lycanfire wrote:If this game gets too exciting remember we can all just come together and lim enchant
Not sure "exciting" is going to be a word I'd use for this game. "Nutty," or "obnoxious," maybe...
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (isolation #21) » Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:25 pm

Post by Aureal »

Wow, okay.

Watch out for an Ascetic Gunsmith, then. Was hoping to maybe catch scum off guard with that since I did specify alignment in my picks, but too late now.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (isolation #22) » Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:42 pm

Post by Aureal »

You're lucky I'm just a VT.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (isolation #23) » Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:24 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 245, Menalque wrote:
In post 240, Aureal wrote:....

Wow, okay.

Watch out for an Ascetic Gunsmith, then. Was hoping to maybe catch scum off guard with that since I did specify alignment in my picks, but too late now.
In post 242, Aureal wrote:You're lucky I'm just a VT.
Ah, sorry then

My vibes reader was off

Who do you want killed tomorrow?
You say that like you're really hoping I say someone other than you. :?

For a moment there I was ready to go for Lycan with you. Because if you were scum, you'd probably just join the wagon on me. Minutes later, I look back... :roll: Enchant even had me thinking they were town there for a moment, trying to make a valid defense.

Needs one of those "not gonna lie, they had me in the first half" memes.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (isolation #24) » Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:33 pm

Post by Aureal »

I don't think I can give any useful feedback here, my approach clearly has a major disconnect with the way most of you operate. Could be anyone still.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #425 (isolation #25) » Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:50 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 420, Menalque wrote: Anyway, uh, sorry for getting this one wrong, town! Aureal, I hope you don’t mind too much about the way you got limmed, I’ll try to do a better job reading you in future

Thanks RH for modding
You called me boring. I can never forgive or forget this. I am an immensely interesting person with a fabulous social life, which is why I am spending my Friday night laying on the couch with a heated blanket watching YouTube and checking a forum-based Mafia site. :shifty:
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (isolation #26) » Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:48 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 426, furtiveglance wrote: Aureal I am sorry

This game weighs heavy on my conscience

I am bad at mafia
Okay, I am now spending my Friday night sitting at a computer drinking a milkshake, so I forgive you. :lol:
-furtiveglance

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”