Goon
Wednesday Addams
She/Her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:48 am

Post by Wednesday Addams »

In post 249, Gimli wrote:I'm trying to make the game move in any direction, wed. Your extreme overreaction may be a good sign anyway.

As for my bad reads, do you disagree with my stronger townleans in furtive, bianco and fuyuhiko? If so, why?

Why are you townreading kaito? You've already outed your alt p much, you don't have to do it with kaito as well so can you explain why you're townreading his safe stances so far apart from meta?

As for STD, I won't say much other than announcing a hard defense on page 2 was a joke. Are you townreading std?

Meh not “extreme” but I suppose could definitely have been worded nicer so sorry if a bit harsh and I do find your reasoning in general for your reads as surfacey.

I have no clue with STD. I’ll probably feel better about him if he were to push someone I agree with but for right now, he’s a null. Based on knowing who Kaito is, I don’t find his posting so far scum indicate for him. I also liked Kokichi

and of course furtive. I take a little longer to give reads on players I have very little to no meta with.

I honestly don’t know about you. That’s why I’m watching you. I just have seen you make much better analysis than I’ve seen from you so far. It’s less about agreeing or disagreeing with your reads than some of your reasoning for them.

@NM amirite is STD Washing Machine and I’ll bet furtive’s death stare. lol
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:53 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 250, Wednesday Addams wrote:and of course furtive. I take a little longer to give reads on players I have very little to no meta with.
I don't know your main then
Wednesday Addams
Wednesday Addams
She/Her
Goon
Wednesday Addams
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:54 am

I haven’t outed my alt not by a longshot and I’d greatly appreciate KEEPING it that way, tymia.
:)

I’m not townreading Kaito, I’m saying that based on my knowing who they are, this doesn’t look so far like what I’d expect from their scum meta. There’s certain things I’ve seen from them as scum and from what I’ve seen so far from them, doesn’t really look like their scumgame but I’m not locking that in yet.
Wednesday Addams
Wednesday Addams
She/Her
Goon
Wednesday Addams
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:56 am

In post 251, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 250, Wednesday Addams wrote:and of course furtive. I take a little longer to give reads on players I have very little to no meta with.
I don't know your main then
Really? I thought you did. Well good then because I really don’t want my main outed anyway. We have played together before.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:57 am

Post by furtiveglance »

It doesn't matter then
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:35 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

VOTE: fuyuhiko

kyoko still could be scum
Wednesday Addams
Wednesday Addams
She/Her
Goon
Wednesday Addams
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:55 am

In post 255, Save The Dragons wrote:VOTE: fuyuhiko

kyoko still could be scum
Can you explain both of these?
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:04 am

I feel like scum are more likely to double down on a weird read on me nut I could be wrong. I haven't seen him refute what I've been trying to say at all which could mean I caught him looking at me for fake reasons and he has no answer

I'm actually not really sure about Kyoko and just want more from the slot.
Wednesday Addams
Wednesday Addams
She/Her
Goon
Wednesday Addams
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:30 am

In post 172, Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu wrote:
In post 130, Gimli wrote:Which means you randomly guessed I was scum in temple and now you can't stop you won't stop

I should post less crap though, just happy to be playing is all
This might be Gimli's towniest post.
Was this supposed to be sarcastic?
Kaito Momota
Kaito Momota
Goon
Kaito Momota
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:06 pm

Post by Kaito Momota »

In post 208, biancospino wrote:Here's the wall. In nice spoiler so that it won't fill the screen.

Spoiler: Wednesday
I will ignore posts I don't find significant.
: I agree with Wednesday here that Gimli's sus on her is not really founded, in fact just posting some rvs placeholder and then disappearing is the sort of thing I'd do myself if a game were to begin while I had RL things to do -- frankly, I don't really care for the implication here that Wednesday was faking that.
That said, I'm unsure if that line of thinking is necessarily scum indicative, it is going for the easy fish though, so Wednesday's vote may be justified; it is however a somewhat agressive post (yes, I used that adjective myself this time).
As for the buddying comment, well I also saw it as already remarked, but people seem to think it was just a joke and I can get behind that, I just don't think it was a good joke.

: I don't necessarily agree that switching votes rapidly during D1 is very scum indicative. If anything reveals some fluidity that I believe could more easily come from town. And I don't think that Gimli is "making votes for the sake of it", his votes are justified (even if, indeed, flimsily). I think this post is +scum actually.

: that's fine, but I think asking to motivate a sus read on oneself is more likely to come from groupscum (I have no data on this, this is just based on my forma mentis. If anyone has data to back off the converse, I'll gadly hear it). So half +scum.

: I actually like this interaction. The unvote seems to corroborate that Wednesday actually espouses the view in #133, as #142 does indeed alleviate the perception she had that Gimli's vote were just random. +town

: whatever. The explanation is sound, and I also agree to the distaste of Gimli's vote for her, but I won't give her town cred for this.

: see, this is a pretty inconsequential friendly banter. However, I point that out because post #127 is also inconsequential banter, and their both with STD. At this point I don't think it's consequential, but notice how STD was actually the only player Wednesday approached to in this manner (excluding quoting NM's read list, but then again lots of people, myself included, did that at some point).

total: 0.5+scum

Spoiler: STD
: you already know what I think of this. +scum.

: a bit defensive, idk if that was warranted. I'm gonna give this a 0.25+scum.

: this and the following are nulls. I don't know why exactly STD had to remark in #43 that #42 was stilted, I don't think it particularly was and I don't get the need to excuse oneself even if it was, but I don't want to read to much into it.

: idk, I don't agree with this vote. While I don't agree with Kyoko's criticism of me either, that seemed to me an honest attempt to scumhunt. Scumreading them over "being too nitpicky" with that (cfr #91, #92) seems a little forced. +0.5scum

: of this post I like how my TR is apparently, cfr , not set in stone. It was not actually challenged afterwards, hough one must assume that if #76 were genuine than the TR on me probably is too. The Kaito TR is also reasonable.

--, : I'm ignoring meta posts rn, at least possibly until I find the will to go read games.

: eh, the question is legitimate. +town

: eh, this one I like less, falls somewhere in the category of asking about own SRs. Though I'm giving STD some slack for it.

, : gut readings are fine, especially this early. Fuyuhiko apparently doesn't like that, and that may be reasonable, I just don't agree that's particularly AI at this point.

: I genuinely didn't understand this post. Does what? @STD, I'm not trying to be an ass or anything, I would just like a clarification. I'm guessing it is trivially linked to ?
Btw, seem like a genuine attempt to workshop, I'm giving it +0.25 town.

: while I also find #38 distasteful, this response to Kokichi is credible. I guess it could be construed as attempting to negate all further attempts at using meta to read him, which idk if I like. +0.25scum.

total: 0.75+scum

Spoiler: Penguin
: it's possible I'm just dumb, but this post doesn't make any sense to me? There were not two competing equivalent wagons, mine was already the largest and not tied with anyone. +0.25scum.
Also I resent the implication that my user is difficult >:(

: uhm. Noncommital, but idk how much to read into it.

: I mean, the wiki says that buzzword is a buzzword. Though I'm willing to actually give this and +0.5town, this is a gut feeling but it's just that it seems to me it is quite to brazen for a scum.

total: +0.25town
Spoiler: Penguin

Spoiler: furtive
: I actually read this as null. I guess it could be beneficial to town to start analysing mech early, though this one remark is pretty shallow and quite trivial, so a scum could have easily made it without really hurting anything.

: this I like... a bit less, since he was the one to start doing setup spec. I'm giving it +0.25scum for that, though the awkward thing is that I actually agree with the suggestion here.

: eh, that explanation does not actually completely alleviate the uneasiness.

: this is a bit brazen, I actually don't hate it. At the very least is not panicky. Let's say +0.25town.

: same thing as for #9; it's all well and good we know that, but the utility is so little that a scum could have easily made this observation without hurting anything. I'm not gonna give town cred for that.
About the Wednesday jokes, I do believe he just meant he didn't like those as jokes, at least as of , so whatever

: about PP, I don't like doing meta, maybe when I'll have the will I'll check the veracity, though I do appreciate the comment.
I'm not 100% sure I do like the Gimli comment though, in a way it's, somewhat ironically, a bit surface level. Now I like that furtive is sharing some early reads, and I'm giving some town cred for that, but that's not really enough effort for me to give much. +0.5town

--: meta, meta, meta. I don't know meta.

, : I don't care much for the assumption that Wednesday's vote would look particularly bad after town!Gimli flips; it is true that Wednesday was tunnelly and all, but to say that would implicate that Wednesday is probably not town if Gimli is is a lot of a stretch. I also don't care about the need to comment on the optics of what will happen when Gimli flips town, I of course get that it was just an argumentative hypothesis, it's just that sussing Wednesday on the fact that she would be sus assuming the veracity of a particular hypothesis sound off. +0.75scum, not a full +scum because I liked #151 in isolation.

: eh, may be a decent attempt to get some interactions. +0.25town

: That's bantery. May mean nothing though.

Spoiler: Gimli
: I though it could be buddying, but people seem to think it's just a joke and whatever, I can manage to see it being that.

, : that's well and good, but, like, why? +0.25scum
(also, I noted Gimli did call Fuyuhiko as huyuhiko a couple times. Is this just a typo or there is some lore reason to it, just curios)

: I am willing to concede this may just be a late RVS vote and go on.

: okay, but again, why exactly is that? Like, am I wrong in getting so upset about this? +0.5scum

: eh, I actually do like this post. It's attempting to call out furtive on backpedaling, though I'm not convinced he was in the first place. Still, +0.25town.

, : the TRs are fine. I'm unsure how I should thik about being defended like this though, I'm always a bit paranoid it may be buddying. Whatever, +0.25town.

, : inciting discussion; that's good. +0.5town

, : idk, lots of TRs. The STD things is probably a joke, but a bit distasteful to me, though I'll leave this at null.

: it's a bit of a stretch alright. She may have had RL issues or whatnot, I feel like discounting this may be the case is slightly rude, but more to the point is slightly going for the easy target. +0.25scum, but I'm not sure on this.

--: uh. What. +0.25scum

: the explanation makes sense. +0.25town

total: 0.75+scum

Spoiler: Kokichi
, : this to me seems a towny thing to do. I suppose it's possible for scum to do that to throw some easy shade, but also I don't think it would be effective at all. On the other hand, a Townie is either genuine, and so the vote is fine and also trying to see if someone else is of the same opinion to corroborate one's own is fine, or is attempting a reaction test which clearly has more utilty for town. +town.

: this is on the same page as me thinking #38 to be slightly defensive. Kokichi here seems to be genuine, +0.25town

: yeah, that line of reasoning is... flimsy at best. Though they're right that it would have taken us out of RVS, and doing so I believe is protown. I'm not giving extra town cred for this post in itself, since it was after the fact.

total: 1.25+town

Spoiler: Saihara
: this post I like. I don't think it seemed fabricated concern, and it was good to initiate the game proper. +town

--: It was not a good job at convincing, but wathever.

total: 1+town
In all manners, my previously stated TR on Saihara stands.

Spoiler: Kyoko
: I have already answered to the content of this post, and made clear my opinions on it. I want to say that, however, that some of the criticism in my original are clearly resolved by , which does clear a lot of the doubts I had on her. With that, #50 does seem actual effort to scumhunt, so +town.

: I'm not sure I understand the meaning of the embedded picture. Not reading anything wrong into it, I'm just genuinely unsure.

: eh, that's good. Well, I don't agree completely, though this is a pretty lucid explanation that I don't see scum making. +0.5town.

total: 1.5+town

Spoiler: Fuyuhiko
--: eh, a little quick to draw conclusions, but not completely unreasonable. +0.25town

: ok. Don't think it's an AI thing to say though.

(I also believe ties to this): since you're not the first to ask, I was under the impression that a FoS was just a way to signal willingness to vote a spot one find suspicious -- and so that a vote is no longer a FoS, since you already acted on that willingness. From what I'm understanding from here, I probably understood that wrong.

: that's actually a reasonable question, though my judgment of Kaito may be clouded, since most of the things they said tie to me. +0.25town

: why? It does come across as a bit brisky, I'll admit that.

: as I said, I don't think gut reads are necessarily scummy. And the tone here seems a bit sarcastic to me, which I would imagine could possibly be some sort of veiled accusation. +0.25scum (but I'm not the best at reading tone...)

: is this remark somewhat offhanded or what? I don't get if it sais that they're reading Gimli as town for that post, or sarcastically that they find all their other post so scummy that that one is the towniest.

: this actually shows coerency with #156 and #164, so I'm gonna put it down as a bit townie-looking. +0.25town

total: 0.5+town

Spoiler: others
  • Kaito is mostly talking about me and others' interactions with me, so it would be difficult for me to comment on them. I don't have actual reasons to scumread them at the moment, and in fact I do like the fact they're not hard TRing me and are in fact willing to entertain Kyoko's points, like in #108.
  • Not_Mafia is just null. I don't think that the fact they put themself on the bottom does necessarily mean the list is trash, I think it's just memey. I also don't think the list is of much value, looks like is there mostly as joke anyway.
There is a lot of thought put into this post, and it seems genuine
Kaito Momota
Kaito Momota
Goon
Kaito Momota
Goon
Goon

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:07 pm

Post by Kaito Momota »

In post 227, Saihara Shuichi wrote:Furtive/Gimli post way too much idk how to say that nicely without seeming like a jerk. I think there's a possibility of them to be scum, but this wouldn't be the day to figure it out. I dunno Furtive's deductive reasoning is half-baked and even penguinpower called out his misuse of chainsawing earlier lol
In post 228, Saihara Shuichi wrote:Lot of players itg I feel ambivalent about either because they have no thread presence or because they haven't really given me much

Example off the top of my head is that Fuyu has a vote on StD since first page and hasn't developed it and has done the equivalent of just poking him of just poking him in the ribs

I'd like to see more just than pokes
This also feels genuine
Wednesday Addams
Wednesday Addams
She/Her
Goon
Wednesday Addams
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:14 pm

Kaito is very clearly town hunting and I also like his takes. Just makes me feel better about both Kaito and STD.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:34 pm

wednesday maybe town

maybe

something feels weird about people being like "Kaito's not really giving hard takes" and then he comes into the thread and doesn't give hard takes but i feel like if i were scum!kaito i would have given a controversial take in response
Wednesday Addams
Wednesday Addams
She/Her
Goon
Wednesday Addams
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:13 pm

In post 262, Save The Dragons wrote:wednesday maybe town

maybe

something feels weird about people being like "Kaito's not really giving hard takes" and then he comes into the thread and doesn't give hard takes but i feel like if i were scum!kaito i would have given a controversial take in response
I’d be a lot more suspicious of Kaito if I didn’t know who they are but this isn’t how they typically play as scum, so currently townleaning kaito.

If you had any idea exactly how much I absolutely loathe fake solving, there would be no “maybe” about it.
Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu
Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu
Goon
Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:23 pm

Post by Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu »

In post 257, Save The Dragons wrote:I feel like scum are more likely to double down on a weird read on me nut I could be wrong. I haven't seen him refute what I've been trying to say at all which could mean I caught him looking at me for fake reasons and he has no answer

I'm actually not really sure about Kyoko and just want more from the slot.
I really don’t think anything you’ve said takes refuting
Your stuff about “why’d I press you and not Shuichi” just comes off as scum that’s pissed at what you presumed to be an imbalanced sorting process, when other factors also were in play.
In post 258, Wednesday Addams wrote:
In post 172, Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu wrote:
In post 130, Gimli wrote:Which means you randomly guessed I was scum in temple and now you can't stop you won't stop

I should post less crap though, just happy to be playing is all
This might be Gimli's towniest post.
Was this supposed to be sarcastic?
To a degree yes but the line about “so you randomly guessed” feels like town frustration.
"I'm used to being mistrusted... Do what you will..."
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:28 pm

Maybe I'm just confused as to why you're scumreading me.

Because I point out where shuicho does the same thing and crickets

Like you don't even say I'm wrong which is what I would expect a townie believing in their conviction to do
Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu
Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu
Goon
Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:32 pm

In post 265, Save The Dragons wrote:Maybe I'm just confused as to why you're scumreading me.

Because I point out where shuicho does the same thing and crickets

Like you don't even say I'm wrong which is what I would expect a townie believing in their conviction to do
My point is I have other reasons to think Shuichi is town. Don’t really have that with you so you look worse in that interaction. I recall when I first read it I was like “this is the stiffest shit I’ve read like ever”.
Maki Harukawa
Maki Harukawa
Mafia Scum
Maki Harukawa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:32 pm

Post by Maki Harukawa »

Sorry for the late entrance, I'll get to reading up.
Kids are...weird. They come to me on their own. I'm not that good at taking care of them... I'm not that friendly either."
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:33 pm

Is stiff shit a scumtell
Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu
Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu
Goon
Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:36 pm

Maybe
It feels like my best lead so far, at least.
Being blunt, this game feels much too quiet. Feel like it should be twice as long by now.
Maki Harukawa
Maki Harukawa
Mafia Scum
Maki Harukawa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:44 pm

Post by Maki Harukawa »

Spoiler: 1-3
Now, I don’t really put in much thought into RVS style posts, but the entire first page by Gimli feels like it’s coming from a villager. The want to townread people feels real. Plus, if you’re drunk at a party I doubt you wanna post as a wolf, come on now.

Small town points to furtiveglance for the blunt style of the post makes me like it and I want to assume they just, wouldn’t make it as a wolf.

Curious as to why Save was so defensive to Kokichi’s wolfread with: it’s like making the assumption that Kokichi is a villager already but, I’m sure the answer to this will be carried on.

Bianco’s post is a lot of nothing to basically say a rvs vote is “I don’t know” /very unsure. Could be a playstyle choice but it reads wolfy. I see Saihara agrees with me on this, so + town points to them.

Oddly enough, I dislike Kirigiri’s response. It feels quite overblown for a post that quite frankly, isn’t as bad as they’re making it out to be. A weak post with holes in it? Yes, that much is obvious but the hard pressure here is quite strange.

Read if you like, this is mostly just for me.
Kids are...weird. They come to me on their own. I'm not that good at taking care of them... I'm not that friendly either."
Maki Harukawa
Maki Harukawa
Mafia Scum
Maki Harukawa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:58 pm

Post by Maki Harukawa »

Spoiler: Page 4-7
Not much really happens on page four besides countless bickering that can really be solved in just one big post, throwing my own two cents in the mix would mostly be saying being "incorrect" is never really Ai unless it's an extreme case, but how you got to your answer. Considering the back and fourth given, Kyoko is being nitpicky, yes but is that wolfy in and of itself? No, they're sticking to the wolfread despite clear pushback. I'm curious why Save called Kaito town for post I assume, it's a peacekeeper kind of post that I see mostly come from wolves. Now, I'm not saying that's what he did but the post is Null to wolfy at best to me.

Even on page five this conversation has dragged on too long, it feels like more trying to prove points/build a case for yourself vs trying to find mafia. I do like Gimli's random vote, probably putting too much stock into it but it breaks the thread a little.

Wednesday's response is bad, not pretty bad, just bad. The level of confidence doesn't match the vote and seems pretty much like an overreaction to something that, to be honest wasn't even that good of an outlook. If I was to vote right now, it would be on this slot. Reading on, it does seem more like the confidence is a personality thing judging by but the kneejerk reaction still makes me want to vote here.

by Kuzu is meh, an orange lean they're just not bringing anything impressive to the table and I would expect something more, an also decent place to be voting. is doing something, this is progress hopefully it gets better. Kuzu/Kaito aren't W/W.

The pressure on Save is weird, but I don't see reasons behind it so I'd love some.

Talk about busywork.
VOTE: Wednesday
Saihara Shuichi
Saihara Shuichi
Townie
Saihara Shuichi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:00 pm

Post by Saihara Shuichi »

Fuyu who else is a candidate to be scum or is StD just lone wolfing and his team is mostly afk
Saihara Shuichi
Saihara Shuichi
Townie
Saihara Shuichi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:01 pm

Post by Saihara Shuichi »

Different maki energy from last game

Shoe on other foot? Wedsnesday vote not bad though
Maki Harukawa
Maki Harukawa
Mafia Scum
Maki Harukawa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:05 pm

Post by Maki Harukawa »

all strike me as a huffy villager, I don't really care much for the content (or lack of) from Save but from a pure toneread he seems like a villager to me.

Probably changing my vote to Kuzuryu for since I can see both their main pushes being a villager. I want to see where this goes for my own curiosity reasons.

Kokichi is being...Kokichi. How annoying, whatever. I don't need to read that right now anyway.

I can already tell who Wed is and it doesn't really change my outlook on them, much.

VOTE: Kuzu

Return to “Completed Open Games”