fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2950 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:45 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

i don't really think it's furtive anymore. probably wouldn't recommend that lim. i think he had similar levels of confusing confidence in house of the dragon
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2951 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:46 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

so shirou can check that it out if he actually cares (guaranteed he doesn't)

town shirou from dance game probably would have though so eh maybe he is scum after all
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2952 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:52 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

I'm not feeling Shirou for scum.

Gimli scum from StD kill is just lol.

Klick has great equity for randomly hammering TGP considering they were practically a human centipede for a part of d2. StD was already saying they were going to move to TGP and Klick came in with that hammer.

Wagon enthusiasm
is something stressful for scum - you know? If you feel it in the wind, you want to get ahead of it. Otherwise it can feel like town can completely take over as they high five the next day.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2953 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:59 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

wdym by "is just lol"
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2954 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:03 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

for starters, it's WIFOM.
secondly, let's say Klick is scum here. quickhammering freezes StD in time and gives that extra oomf to the wine.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2955 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:05 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

VOTE: Klick

My heart's here for now, see ya'll in the morning
Toto
Toto
Mafia Scum
Toto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2956 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:11 pm

Post by Toto »

Fire I’m sorry if you are town. I’ve been trying to get a read on you today but I already mentioned why I’m not convinced. You have been ‘sorting’ ppl but in a somewhat passive aggressive way. The case for scum!you is you are throwing darts to see what sticks. I guess not following up on gimly is a counterexample to what I just said but I also felt that was somewhat odd. Like not trying to stick your neck too much until you see a wagon building.

I guess also honestly, I don’t want to lose to scum you if tgp fucked up the antinassociatives.

IDK man. If you are town what do you think we should do with you.
just because you get evil player role doesn't mean you are a evil person at HEART - KainTepes!!!
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2957 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:14 pm

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

In post 2853, Toto wrote: So csf are you townreading fire? Feel like he has been pretty focused on surviving.

I know thats not scummy in itself but there is a general lack of trying to “figure out who the motherfucking scumfucks that are trying to kill me are” attitude

Pardon the French.

And yeah there was some frustration in the last page but more like “im fucked no matter why I do” type of frustration
I've lowkey been trying to teamsolve, and the fire/Gimli worldview that I had makes less sense now.

I don't townread him - but I'm unsure who he's scum with atm unless I incorrectly townread someone. Rereading furtive & fire might help
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2958 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:15 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2958, Toto wrote: Fire I’m sorry if you are town. I’ve been trying to get a read on you today but I already mentioned why I’m not convinced. You have been ‘sorting’ ppl but in a somewhat passive aggressive way. The case for scum!you is you are throwing darts to see what sticks. I guess not following up on gimly is a counterexample to what I just said but I also felt that was somewhat odd. Like not trying to stick your neck too much until you see a wagon building.

I guess also honestly, I don’t want to lose to scum you if tgp fucked up the antinassociatives.

IDK man. If you are town what do you think we should do with you.
how do you think that would benefit me if i were scum? it's very easy to vote for people. im not dumb. it's very obvious that i would get townread more in this situation for being more confident and pushing in a specific direction. it would also be like infinitely more effective at ensuring whoever my partner is doesn't die. like, why would i need to throw darts to see what sticks? i could have just flipped someone by now if i wanted to

the reason im not doing it is because i don't want to end the day yet. i feel like the day so far has been useful for gaining information and i think im in a better and hopefully more accurate place with my reads than i was, like, a day or two ago. there's still threads that i think are unresolved. klick finally started really engaging with things this day phase and i wanted to see where he was going with it next, and he hasn't had a chance to do that yet

we have plenty of time and i think it benefits town not to rush here bc there's still a lot that i think we can learn. i do understand that there is benefit to having wagons and seeing how the game responds to them, and now that the replacement is here im more willing to do that, ill prob vote tomorrow, although i still don't think we should end day soon

i also have been doing a lot more than you have in the last 36 hours or so to push the game towards a more solvable state, and you haven't voted either. so... if you're town, what exactly is your case? you've been very much just sitting in the background here and not pushing any strong beliefs but just waiting things out to see what sticks. so why is that valid reasoning for me being scum?
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2959 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:17 pm

In post 2869, Lycanfire wrote:
In post 2868, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 2864, Lycanfire wrote: what's UP crew
Have you been reading
Just dropping my page 2 read on fire's pred

If there was a super cool moment that someone wants me to look at I can probably produce higher quality content that way than reading every single page
Thanks for replacing in

Opinions on the events quoted in and would be appreciated, since fireisredsir is the topic du jour.
Spoiler:
In post 2045, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 2041, TheGoldenParadox wrote:but also, ari was scum,
I get that you've been scumreading Ari, but the confidence level seems too high

If TGP flips scum, fire would be my top scumspect tomorrow. I don't think fire has done anything particularly townread worthy, they've been giving me crossbussing vibes, and TGP's bizarre confidence in fire flipping scum only reinforces that
In post 2729, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 2667, furtiveglance wrote: I think Shirou is actually town for the Norwee nonsense and the TGP/Lucian scumreads. There's a point around 842 onwards when Shirou votes Lucian and
then TGP votes Ari shortly afterwards...might be the key to the whole thing.

Shirou, I'm choosing integrity over pride. If you played me and win then fair play. All I can do is say what I think and hope I'm right.
About the bolded, I've read that TGP post at least ten times now

The Ari vote was also the post that TGP quoted out of order... Like TGP went back and added the quoted post to vote Ari. Idk if that's a bus or scum trying to push through a vote on town!Ari

Really interested in what others think. The TGP post is
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2960 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:19 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

also if i were just focused on surviving i would have voted gimli lol

but it is somewhat true, i don't really trust y'all to win this if you lim me today honestly, so yes im more survival focused than i often would be in a similar situation

and i think the poe in my eyes is too wide for us to afford a lim on me that imo isn't really justified or necessary
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2961 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:22 pm

Who is still in your PoE?
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2962 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:26 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

gimli klick shirou

worried about toto moreso now than before

less worried about norwee and furtive

probably the main losing scenario is like if it's shirou/klick and lims are me > furtive > gimli
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2963 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:35 pm

I still think Toto is town. I get what they meant earlier by you feeling survivalistic - it does feel like you always have a wide PoE. Once you moved furtive up in your readslists, someone else (gimli or toto) gets slotted in a lower tier, even though there are only 2 scum left. Maybe that's just how you play, idk but it does feel survivalistic in one sense of the word
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2964 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:41 pm

In post 2964, fireisredsir wrote: probably the main losing scenario is like if it's shirou/klick and lims are me > furtive > gimli
That's probably a lot of people's PoE or close to it, but I think it's better to teamsolve to avoid situations like the worst case scenario that you outlined here where people are just chainlimming the scummiest people left and right.

like you/furtive feels viable pending a reread
but furtive/gimli doesn't and neither does gimli/you
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2965 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:31 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2965, Cat Scratch Fever wrote: I still think Toto is town. I get what they meant earlier by you feeling survivalistic - it does feel like you always have a wide PoE. Once you moved furtive up in your readslists, someone else (gimli or toto) gets slotted in a lower tier, even though there are only 2 scum left. Maybe that's just how you play, idk but it does feel survivalistic in one sense of the word
maybe he is yea

reading his entrance to this day i think it looks townier than he has been lately so dunno maybe its just recency bias

and yea i think that is generally how i play. i rarely am confident that i have the whole game solved and i like to play with backup plans in mind for if im wrong

and when things start to feel too easy is usually exactly when I start to try to challenge any assumptions i was making that might have had a weak foundation. because almost always i am missing something and games aren't actually that easy
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2966 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:33 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

luckily in this setup its ok to let one maf slip through the cracks as long as you don't let two

so maybe I don't need to be so worried but i am anyway, i think this is probably pretty possible to lose in a lot of worlds and i think it should be solvable
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2967 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:40 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2962, fireisredsir wrote: but it is somewhat true, i don't really trust y'all to win this if you lim me today honestly, so yes im more survival focused than i often would be in a similar situation

and i think the poe in my eyes is too wide for us to afford a lim on me that imo isn't really justified or necessary
idk this is maybe an overreaction

i do think that if shirou is scum and you lim me, town loses like 90% of the time

but it's probably only shirou scum worlds that are an issue. if shirou is town then you'll prob hit scum in the consensus poe and be fine
Toto
Toto
Mafia Scum
Toto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2968 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:45 pm

Post by Toto »

Man losing to scum Shurro is probably worst than losing to scum you ill give you that.
just because you get evil player role doesn't mean you are a evil person at HEART - KainTepes!!!
Lazy Shirou
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2969 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:17 pm

Post by Lazy Shirou »

i think there's close to no way fire wouldn't have voted gimli already if he was town, almost everyone other than maybe toto has voted

i'm happy people finally are seeing my issue with him, he's always on the fence, loves to shade but not to stick his neck for it
The Deathtunnel Archon Shirou without any of his aggro or hyperposting powers.

Legend says that one day he may reclaim his Gnosis and show his effortful form once again, but until that fated day comes...
Lazy Shirou
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2970 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:19 pm

Post by Lazy Shirou »

he said he was voting tgp since the start/super confident on it but it always felt as he was talking about *other* slots rather than pushing TGP himself

i think the most he often would mention tgp was to call him scum with me

Legend says that one day he may reclaim his Gnosis and show his effortful form once again, but until that fated day comes...
Lazy Shirou
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2971 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:19 pm

Post by Lazy Shirou »

i'm starting to get less confident on scum!furtive, but i think at least fire needs death here please

Lazy Shirou
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2972 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:25 pm

Post by Lazy Shirou »

fire doesn't seem too eager to actually *kill* the scum, he seems more interested on positioning himself well.

Lazy Shirou
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2973 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:26 pm

Post by Lazy Shirou »

he always seem to have 3 lim options or so, exactly the amount necessary to win

sigh

Lazy Shirou
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2974 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:26 pm

Post by Lazy Shirou »

and i wouldn't have cared in the dance game either, i didn't care about reading MariaR games at all

Return to “Completed Open Games”