Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:41 pm

Post by Taly »

In post 123, Herta wrote: Those eyes.

I guess if Drew's town and you're town that would increase the chances of grouping scum.

But if one of you isn't town then that wincon is forfeited.

Are you that confident that Drew and I are town? Willing to take that leap?

I don't know that I am.
In post 124, Doctor Drew wrote: Like I said, put anyone you want in the dungeon with me.
When I posed the question, not really.

But I do like both of your replies to it, so the idea isn't off the table and I will pushback any hasty votes on
Dungeon
specifically, now.
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Farren
Farren
He/Him
Best Overall Mish Mash Player

Farren
He/Him

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:23 pm

Post by Farren »

In post 121, Herta wrote:
In post 120, Farren wrote:
In post 38, Herta wrote:
That's the problem with Drew jumping in. It's too easy now for mafia to just declare dungeon, and boom it's over.
Could you explain this a little further? I'm not quite getting what you mean here.
Town wins if all three scum are grouped into the same box. With someone (Drew) declaring a box, that leaves two spots in that box of course.

If Drew is Town, scum just needs one scum to declare the same box as Drew and there's no way we can group the scum together and hit the grand slam.

If Drew is scum, scum just needs to avoid placing another one of themselves into that box.

Either way scum has the advantage as far as the grand slam wincon goes. (grouping the 3 mafs in the same box)
My initial interpretation of this was that you were just saying the former (the Town|Drew scenario), without considering the latter possibility (scum|Drew).
Mish-Mash Janitor

Please PM me for any Mish-Mash maintenance needs!
Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:27 pm

Post by Farren »

I like what I've seen of Taly so far.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Please PM me for any Mish-Mash maintenance needs!
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:08 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 105, Taly wrote:
rat
reads, analysis, or observations: go
I don't like what Drew did, though I've already said that. Elements seems a little bit jumpy, slight concern there. Meg I think is probably Town, thoughts seem genuine. I think you're probably Town as well. Most everyone else is null.

I think if possible Court's where we should stick the scummiest people and hopefully we get all three, but if we don't then forcing one of the more suspicious slots to be confirmed would be nice.

Things do need to get moving though, so whoever hasn't said where they want to go yet, start saying that.
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:27 pm

Post by Elements »

In post 126, Farren wrote:
In post 121, Herta wrote:
In post 120, Farren wrote:
In post 38, Herta wrote:
That's the problem with Drew jumping in. It's too easy now for mafia to just declare dungeon, and boom it's over.
Could you explain this a little further? I'm not quite getting what you mean here.
Town wins if all three scum are grouped into the same box. With someone (Drew) declaring a box, that leaves two spots in that box of course.

If Drew is Town, scum just needs one scum to declare the same box as Drew and there's no way we can group the scum together and hit the grand slam.

If Drew is scum, scum just needs to avoid placing another one of themselves into that box.

Either way scum has the advantage as far as the grand slam wincon goes. (grouping the 3 mafs in the same box)
My initial interpretation of this was that you were just saying the former (the Town|Drew scenario), without considering the latter possibility (scum|Drew).
Which could've been a perspective slip
Just saying
I agree with everything Elements is posting - Papa Zito
It's scummy as fak tho - Gamma Emerald
All my completed games
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:29 pm

Post by Elements »

In post 128, Radical Rat wrote: Things do need to get moving though, so whoever hasn't said where they want to go yet, start saying that.
My order preference is:
Palace
Court
Dungeon
All my completed games
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:42 am

Post by Bellaphant »

I'm not feeling the herta town vibes really
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:06 am

Post by Elements »

In post 131, Bellaphant wrote: I'm not feeling the herta town vibes really
I agree with you, but why?
All my completed games
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:33 am

Post by Bellaphant »

It might be a language thing but everything they say feels hedgey? 'i think...' 'if...' 'im not sure...' 'i don't care...'
Just no conviction/progress mindset.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:33 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Like I think you, rr and maybe meg are town.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:35 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Tbf tho the scum are unlikely to just be in Darren, Dr drew and herta, i.e. the players I know less. So ....
Nona1510
Nona1510
Goon
Nona1510
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:49 am

Post by Nona1510 »

been filled.
If all 3 Insurrectionists are in the same location by the end of the day, the Devotees will win.
So, I just saw this and it really doesn’t matter where the three scum are as long as it’s in the same place, so does it really matter which place we choose so long as it’s coordinated?

If we can find those players and assign them to the same place we win. Taly, not disputing what you said but can you explain to me why Mega’s posts are town? Because I don’t understand what she said.
Nona1510
Nona1510
Goon
Nona1510
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:56 am

Post by Nona1510 »

In post 130, Elements wrote:
In post 128, Radical Rat wrote: Things do need to get moving though, so whoever hasn't said where they want to go yet, start saying that.
My order preference is:
Palace
Court
Dungeon
Okay but that works if Drew is scum but what if he isn’t? Fact is he’s already locked in and because of that I think we need to be flexible.

We need to first I think try to solve Drew and decided after that. It’s possible Drew did what he did as town or could be scum replicating that, we don’t know but if we decide he’s more likely town than wouldn’t that need to change?
Nona1510
Nona1510
Goon
Nona1510
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:58 am

Post by Nona1510 »

Oh never mind, it still might because you have palace first. I thought you were basing this off of Drew being scum. If it’s not, then probably forget what I just said.
Nona1510
Nona1510
Goon
Nona1510
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:01 am

Post by Nona1510 »

In post 135, Bellaphant wrote: Tbf tho the scum are unlikely to just be in Darren, Dr drew and herta, i.e. the players I know less. So ....
We don’t know where they are. I wish we could win by grouping three townies, I think that would probably be easier.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:24 am

Post by Taly »

In post 128, Radical Rat wrote:
In post 105, Taly wrote:
rat
I don't like what Drew did, though I've already said that. Elements seems a little bit jumpy, slight concern there. Meg I think is probably Town, thoughts seem genuine. I think you're probably Town as well. Most everyone else is null.

I think if possible Court's where we should stick the scummiest people and hopefully we get all three, but if we don't then forcing one of the more suspicious slots to be confirmed would be nice.

Things do need to get moving though, so whoever hasn't said where they want to go yet, start saying that.
Who would you group with, and where would you like to be?
In post 136, Nona1510 wrote:
been filled.
If all 3 Insurrectionists are in the same location by the end of the day, the Devotees will win.
So, I just saw this and it really doesn’t matter where the three scum are as long as it’s in the same place, so does it really matter which place we choose so long as it’s coordinated?

If we can find those players and assign them to the same place we win. Taly, not disputing what you said but can you explain to me why Mega’s posts are town? Because I don’t understand what she said.
I just agree with his perspective on approaching this game more than I did anyone else.

prioritized gamesolving, which is inevitably what
does
prevent scum grouping, rather than assigning variables to specific locations that give informed scum a blueprint to coordinating their interactions.

and acknowledged the Day 2 scenario, I wrote this pre-emptively in my TL;DR.

TL;DR, it's good to try and group the scumteam, but who catches the scumteam D1 - or it is the consensus among town? It's unrealistic to focus on that ahead of this being a typical mafia game where townies can pick the players
they feel confident in solving

I feel like this argument can also come from scum, but considering I nodded a lot in a short period of time, it feels likelier town.
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:27 am

Post by Taly »

I'll add more context here
In post 131, Bellaphant wrote: I'm not feeling the herta town vibes really
Herta
is the person I am most familiar with on this list, both in playing as the same alignment and different alignment - alongside hydra'ing.

So even if I don't have a concrete read on them, my bias skews toward being able to determine their alignment.

Is there something else I should consider?
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:38 am

Post by Bellaphant »

No, another, more town sided (maybe) strategy is to pair people who actually think they can read each other. Like, rats has played with me a fair bunch recently, for example
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:38 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Do you think they are town tho.
Nona1510
Nona1510
Goon
Nona1510
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:40 am

Post by Nona1510 »

In post 140, Taly wrote:
In post 128, Radical Rat wrote:
In post 105, Taly wrote:
rat

Who would you group with, and where would you like to be?
In post 136, Nona1510 wrote:
been filled.

I just agree with his perspective on approaching this game more than I did anyone else.

prioritized gamesolving, which is inevitably what
does
prevent scum grouping, rather than assigning variables to specific locations that give informed scum a blueprint to coordinating their interactions.

and acknowledged the Day 2 scenario, I wrote this pre-emptively in my TL;DR.

TL;DR, it's good to try and group the scumteam, but who catches the scumteam D1 - or it is the consensus among town? It's unrealistic to focus on that ahead of this being a typical mafia game where townies can pick the players
they feel confident in solving

I feel like this argument can also come from scum, but considering I nodded a lot in a short period of time, it feels likelier town.
Okay fair, I’m not completely sure how to play this setup and I really wasn’t clear on what stances were protown or not, other than of course consensus is the most optimal.

I think maybe if we try to townblock we can figure out the three scummiest slots who we’re least confident on but of course that’s bearing on their being no deep wolves and I’m not yet extremely confident on anyone but so far not being pinged by RR, you, Meg. I’m tempted to like Elements’ townreading me though.
Nona1510
Nona1510
Goon
Nona1510
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:46 am

Post by Nona1510 »

In post 142, Bellaphant wrote: No, another, more town sided (maybe) strategy is to pair people who actually think they can read each other. Like, rats has played with me a fair bunch recently, for example
Also liking Bella. So if all of Rat, Taly, Meg, Bella and I are town, that leaves Elements, Herta, Drew. So unless I’m wrong somewhere. Hmmm . . . that would be right if I’m right but also seems to easy and I’m kind of wary of easy, so I don’t think we should rush into any unalterable decisions yet. But Elements’ townreading me also gave me good vibes.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:57 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

Taly is probably town.

Don't really have a preferance for where I go but if I had to pick an order itd probably be (Vote for town one, dungeon, other one)
Imprefection is the spice of life.
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:31 am

Post by Radical Rat »

I said earlier that I'd like Palace. I feel pretty comfortable on Meg being Town so far, so fine with them joining. You (Taly) would be my other main townread so far, but you've expressed a desire for Dungeon with Herta, which works for me assuming Drew is Town. Then Bella's right we have played a lot recently, though I don't think I've ever seen her scumgame.

I would prefer NOT to be paired with Nona, Drew, or Farren. Mainly just since I haven't played with them before,so not confident on readability.

I guess final preference then would be Palace with Meg and Bella?
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:24 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

Id feel better with Taly than Bella in palace probably
Imprefection is the spice of life.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:33 am

Post by Taly »

Hmmm, a lot of nice posts to dissect this page.

Return to “Completed Open Games”