Post Post #275 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:51 am

Post by Elements »

In post 271, Nona1510 wrote:
In post 269, Taly wrote: If
{Meg/Taly/Nona}
is the Palace and we MIRACULOUSLY don't auto-win OR have any of us swapped out

Who are you voting for the Devotee?

I need this shit in writing now.
Any one of the three of us but I’ll go with what you and Meg decide. I wasn’t confident on Rat and I wanted one of us to be voted over them.

But I’m fine with any of the three. You and Meg want Meg, I’ll vote Meg, you both want you, I’ll vote you. If you both want me, that’s cool too.
Excuse me what?
If none of you are swapped that means one of you is scum so you're happy to vote whoever is scum in this hypothetical?!
I agree with everything Elements is posting - Papa Zito
It's scummy as fak tho - Gamma Emerald
All my completed games
Nona1510
Nona1510
Goon
Nona1510
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:51 am

Post by Nona1510 »

In post 274, MegAzumarill wrote: Well that's... less than ideal.
I wouldn't be too opposed to me and taly going there as is should be still winning, though I do hope nona realizes any chance she had of being voted there has gone down the drain.

If i had had to choose between rat or taly it would have been taly over rat anyway which I kept quiet for obvious reasons for the swap.

The other option is the same pairing as before but with court/palace swapped but im not nearly confident enough on that to really want to switch.
I’m fine with that so long as it’s understood, I’m voting one of you, Taly or myself, so if neither of you join me, all bets are off because I know I’m town and I’m also fine with either of you but no one else.

So iow, I’m fine voting you, I’m fine voting Taly and I’m fine voting myself, so if at least one of you, preferably both need to join me so that we can lock in which one of the three of us gets to be the vote.

So both of you are potentially risking possible scum joining me and if neither of you join me, I will self-vote,
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:53 am

Post by Elements »

my town read of Nona has just defenestrated itself
All my completed games
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:54 am

Post by Elements »

Meg, you get to be town now
All my completed games
Nona1510
Nona1510
Goon
Nona1510
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:55 am

Post by Nona1510 »

In post 275, Elements wrote:
{Meg/Taly/Nona}

Who are you voting for the Devotee?

I need this shit in writing now.
Any one of the three of us but I’ll go with what you and Meg decide. I wasn’t confident on Rat and I wanted one of us to be voted over them.

But I’m fine with any of the three. You and Meg want Meg, I’ll vote Meg, you both want you, I’ll vote you. If you both want me, that’s cool too.
Excuse me what?
If none of you are swapped that means one of you is scum so you're happy to vote whoever is scum in this hypothetical?!
Well what do you think I should do? I know I’m town and we will be successful if I get voted but it takes a majority of the three, doesn’t it? Or is it unanimous?

I’m town and Meg and Taly are my most confident townreads, so I don’t understand what you want me to do here?
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:57 am

Post by Elements »

In that scenario from a town POV you
know
one of the other 2 is scum. So maybe re-evaluate your reads or something
All my completed games
Nona1510
Nona1510
Goon
Nona1510
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:01 am

Post by Nona1510 »

In post 277, Elements wrote: my town read of Nona has just defenestrated itself
In post 278, Elements wrote: Meg, you get to be town now
You think I have a problem with this or something? Well you’d be wrong. I wanted to be in the Palace with both Meg and Taly because I know I’m town, that’s information only I and obviously the scumteam have and they are my top two townreads, so I ask you Elements, what exactly is your problem here?
Nona1510
Nona1510
Goon
Nona1510
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:03 am

Post by Nona1510 »

In post 280, Elements wrote: In that scenario from a town POV you
know
I know I’m town and think they probably are too, so that’s what we want no? Three likely townies in the Palace?
Nona1510
Nona1510
Goon
Nona1510
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:06 am

Post by Nona1510 »

In post 280, Elements wrote: In that scenario from a town POV you
know
You’re not making sense. I would more than happily self-vote because I know that’s optimal for town but I only get one vote, so doesn’t one of Meg or Taly - assuming they join me - have to agree?

Make no mistake, if neither joins me, I’m 100% self-voting in that case.
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:09 am

Post by Elements »

{Meg/Taly/Nona}
In this scenario there are 2 town and 1 scum in {Meg/Taly/Nona}
You say you'll vote any of the three of you

therefore you are okay voting for scum.
All my completed games
Nona1510
Nona1510
Goon
Nona1510
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:21 am

Post by Nona1510 »

In post 284, Elements wrote:
{Meg/Taly/Nona}
In this scenario there are 2 town and 1 scum in {Meg/Taly/Nona}
You say you'll vote any of the three of you

therefore you are okay voting for scum.
Why can’t all three of us be town? I know I’m town and think both of them are likely town as well. I don’t understand why you think I ought to be scumreading either of them? Why?
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:21 am

Post by Radical Rat »

Okay so. Palace should be super easy now, dependent on switching. Drew looks a good deal better after this too.

Really can't even be angry about it if scum just want to out themselves like that.

We should just switch Court and Palace lineups here I think. Prioritize keeping the pairings the same. Does that work for you Meg/Taly?
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
Nona1510
Nona1510
Goon
Nona1510
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:23 am

Post by Nona1510 »

I’m seriously confused right now. Both Meg and Taly don’t want me to self-vote but you do? I don’t get it.
Nona1510
Nona1510
Goon
Nona1510
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:23 am

Post by Nona1510 »

In post 287, Nona1510 wrote: I’m seriously confused right now. Both Meg and Taly don’t want me to self-vote but you do? I don’t get it.
That was directed to Elements.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:24 am

Post by Taly »

In post 276, Nona1510 wrote:
I wouldn't be too opposed to me and taly going there as is should be still winning, though I do hope nona realizes any chance she had of being voted there has gone down the drain.

If i had had to choose between rat or taly it would have been taly over rat anyway which I kept quiet for obvious reasons for the swap.

The other option is the same pairing as before but with court/palace swapped but im not nearly confident enough on that to really want to switch.
I’m fine with that so long as it’s understood, I’m voting one of you, Taly or myself, so if neither of you join me, all bets are off because I know I’m town and I’m also fine with either of you but no one else.

So iow, I’m fine voting you, I’m fine voting Taly and I’m fine voting myself, so if at least one of you, preferably both need to join me so that we can lock in which one of the three of us gets to be the vote.

So both of you are potentially risking possible scum joining me and if neither of you join me, I will self-vote,
Nona
, strong-arming your top two townreads isn't going to eliminate scum.
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:24 am

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 233, Elements wrote: Rat, have we played together before?
I'm pretty sure. I don't remember a specific game, but I recognized your name.

Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:26 am

Post by Radical Rat »

If scum join you, and you're Town, and you self-vote, then... Why is this a threat? Someone's going to have to self-vote anyway?

Nona1510
Nona1510
Goon
Nona1510
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:27 am

Post by Nona1510 »

In post 286, Radical Rat wrote: Okay so. Palace should be super easy now, dependent on switching. Drew looks a good deal better after this too.

Really can't even be angry about it if scum just want to out themselves like that.

We should just switch Court and Palace lineups here I think. Prioritize keeping the pairings the same. Does that work for you Meg/Taly?
I’m not scum and it’s good for town if I get voted but I’m not insisting on that but I’m not voting anyone outside of Meg/Taly/me and if you’re actually town here, then you need to wise up and soon but if you’re determined to ignore all evidence pointing to my being town, then I no longer care what you think.

You’re wrong or scum.
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:31 am

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 242, Nona1510 wrote:
In post 231, Radical Rat wrote:
In post 209, Nona1510 wrote: If Elements is town, if Drew is scum, then it could be a possible chaining of mislims with that theory. I think it would probably be townier to actually say SvS but I know that’s dead wrong but I also know that Drew isn’t the most logical player on MS so bad bs takes could come from him irrespective of alignment.
This is an incredibly weird post.

What do you mean it's "townier" to say SvS? Why are you so certain that's "dead wrong?"
Rat’s engaging with me but there not commenting on posts where I’m clearly trying to solve. So, I guess that’s somewhat frustrating. I guess it just annoys me when my efforts get ignored but to be fair, I don’t just feel that’s from Rat so maybe nothing and I’m being silly.
If you're referring to your argument with Drew, sorry, I'm not touching that. I thought this was a potential TMI tell, so I pushed on it, but I have no interest in digging into personal arguments

Nona1510
Nona1510
Goon
Nona1510
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:31 am

Post by Nona1510 »

In post 289, Taly wrote:

Nona
, strong-arming your top two townreads isn't going to eliminate scum.
I promised Taly and Meg I would vote with the majority if they’re the ones joining me but I’m not voting outside of that. I’m voting one of Meg/Taly/myself, so I figure autowin, if I’m right about both of them but otherwise, it might be game throwing for me not to self-viote. Like I’m not going to vote Farren who’s currently my strongest scumread.

I’m not even sure what to make of the contradictory responses I’m getting now.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:32 am

Post by Taly »

I don't think anything I've said has been a contradiction but I do think your POV around joining the
Palace
has shifted in the last page.
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Nona1510
Nona1510
Goon
Nona1510
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:34 am

Post by Nona1510 »

In post 293, Radical Rat wrote:
In post 242, Nona1510 wrote:
In post 231, Radical Rat wrote:
In post 209, Nona1510 wrote: If Elements is town, if Drew is scum, then it could be a possible chaining of mislims with that theory. I think it would probably be townier to actually say SvS but I know that’s dead wrong but I also know that Drew isn’t the most logical player on MS so bad bs takes could come from him irrespective of alignment.
This is an incredibly weird post.

What do you mean it's "townier" to say SvS? Why are you so certain that's "dead wrong?"
Rat’s engaging with me but there not commenting on posts where I’m clearly trying to solve. So, I guess that’s somewhat frustrating. I guess it just annoys me when my efforts get ignored but to be fair, I don’t just feel that’s from Rat so maybe nothing and I’m being silly.
If you're referring to your argument with Drew, sorry, I'm not touching that. I thought this was a potential TMI tell, so I pushed on it, but I have no interest in digging into personal arguments
Drew scumread me for ridiculous reasons and I don’t want to re-incite the wrath of Drew but that’s unfortunately not ai for him was my point. If I’m scum here, why tf would I even bring that up? People aren’t thinking and it’s super annoying.
Nona1510
Nona1510
Goon
Nona1510
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:36 am

Post by Nona1510 »

In post 295, Taly wrote: I don't think anything I've said has been a contradiction but I do think your POV around joining the
Palace
has shifted in the last page.
I never said that you or anyone was specifically contradicting THEMSELVES, I said I’m getting contradictory responses from DIFFERENT people. I don’t understand how that isn’t clear?
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:37 am

Post by Radical Rat »

See, the only way you're Town here is if you didn't read the setup, AND didn't read the thread. You weren't even set to be paired with Drew like you professed. But I don't think that's true because it seemed like you understood how this was working at first, and even now you say things about Meg/Taly joining you or not while threatening to self-vote, while simultaneously acting like you had no idea that voting Palace would cause any problems. I just don't buy it.

Nona1510
Nona1510
Goon
Nona1510
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:37 am

Post by Nona1510 »

I thought the right thing to do if you and Meg join me is to do what the majority wants but Elements I think wants me to self-vote, so now I’m really confused.

Return to “Completed Open Games”