Micro 1070 | a micro normal | Endgame

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 4:55 pm

Post by Alisae »

I like Wavelength so far. I like his read on Aureal and I like he was the first one to mention it, I kind of thought that the post from Aureal seemed pretty disingenuous.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 5:51 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 45, Alisae wrote: That's not really why I went through that line of questioning?
Like yes, having been mafia recently does not have any bearing on the likelihood if them being mafia here. I'm trying to get a read on what alignment this excitement comes from and if it seems fake or not.
It seems pretty normal to be excited for the start of a game, so I'm not sure why it drew such scrutiny. I didn't really see the connection to the later posts without your explanation but I guess this is a thing you could do, in which case what did it tell you?
In post 49, Wavelength wrote: This does not read like someone who is actually trying to understand what Alisae is doing, and then asking if it is town or scum. It reads like someone who wanted to pick someone to call scum.
Like jumping around yelling that someone is scum for no real reason isn't half of what the early game is. :lol:
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:16 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 51, Aureal wrote: It seems pretty normal to be excited for the start of a game, so I'm not sure why it drew such scrutiny. I didn't really see the connection to the later posts without your explanation but I guess this is a thing you could do, in which case what did it tell you?
It's not so much as it drawing scrutiny as much as it is trying to find out why it happens. I find that players who don't like randing wolf probably aren't going to show any excitement about that. I think it would just be easier to show you what I was doing?
In post 18, Alisae wrote: Andante you seem really excited to play mafia!
I think this observation is fine. It's hard to attempt to get an alignment from said posting so far so I thought let's post this observation and see if they bite
In post 20, Andante wrote:
FACTS
They bite but this response doesn't really give me much to go off. In fact I feel like they were trying to answer me with as little as possible so I post this
In post 22, Alisae wrote:
FACTS
Why is that? Not this game seems to imply that you were recently mafia.
I was hoping for a bit more so I wanted to poke and dig into it a bit more. Maybe they're excited because they're a villager or they're trying a wolf trying to be excited as like a cover.
In post 25, Andante wrote:
FACTS
lmao yeah I was and had 2 original partners rep out, and that game was stressful, cause what do you really do in that situation? then green pm here? LETS FREAKING GOOOOOO
I empathize with this but I understand this likely isn't super alignment indicative. The excitement I want to say feels real. Either way I definitely empathize with this as I too find playing villager to be super relaxing, especially after a stressful wolf game, so I want to believe they're a villager but tbh I don't exactly have any good reason to have any read on them atm.

I think if they're a wolf they're likely partnered with someone who they think is likely to play the game?
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:54 pm

Post by Aureal »

Makes sense. That sequential questioning style is actually similar to how I tend to play, but I don't tend to get into the swing of a game early on; I either make people think I'm scummy for posting fluff too long or make people think I'm scummy for picking at something they think is silly. And probably even fuzzier on what people are doing right now since I've apparently come down with COVID somehow. Sigh.

Still don't know how you can call that a mediocre movie though. Or a kids movie. :o
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:01 pm

Post by Alisae »

If what I was doing is similar to your play how come you couldn't identify it? I don't think it should be that hard to pick up on.

I watched it recently and while I think there are things that are good about it, I think it's end was pretty bad and was a complete miss. It's probably isn't for me.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:07 pm

Post by Alisae »

also I'm pretty sure that movie is a kids movie
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:18 pm

Post by Klick »

VOTE: mykonian

Hello friend! I'm excited to meet again soon, if only for a short time.
In post 50, Alisae wrote: I like Wavelength so far. I like his read on Aureal and I like he was the first one to mention it, I kind of thought that the post from Aureal seemed pretty disingenuous.
I think Wavelength's read on Aureal comes from town almost every time, but I also think Aureal is town.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:19 pm

Post by Klick »

I'm going to attempt to play D1 slowly. I suspect I'll fail at that.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:20 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 56, Klick wrote: but I also think Aureal is town.
Why? I'm skeptical so far
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:22 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 57, Klick wrote: I'm going to attempt to play D1 slowly. I suspect I'll fail at that.
I feel like if I just lurked and did nothing nothing would get done so I feel like I have agency to post
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:22 pm

Post by Alisae »

I imagine this game is going to be most active during the times I'm asleep
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:34 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 49, Wavelength wrote:
In post 44, Aureal wrote:
FACTS
Does having recently been Mafia have any bearing on the likelihood of someone being Mafia here?

Answer: no, it does not.

VOTE: Alisae, defend the honor of Roger Rabbit!
VOTE: Aureal

This does not read like someone who is actually trying to understand what Alisae is doing, and then asking if it is town or scum. It reads like someone who wanted to pick someone to call scum.
In contrast to this interpretation, I didn't read Aureal's post as legitimate solving OR as a serious attempt to take a position on Alisae. I read Aureal's post as mostly a continuation of RVS with a slight push to create *content* out of it. That interpretation then got backed up by post 51:
In post 51, Aureal wrote:
In post 49, Wavelength wrote: This does not read like someone who is actually trying to understand what Alisae is doing, and then asking if it is town or scum. It reads like someone who wanted to pick someone to call scum.
Like jumping around yelling that someone is scum for no real reason isn't half of what the early game is. :lol:
And I feel like scum struggles to hold that perspective.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:43 pm

Post by Alisae »

I did not consider that perspective. I saw their vote on me and I wanted to poke it. My first initial impression of it being disingenuous is because I saw the first 2 lines, saw the vote, and thought they must be related. Didn't seem like they were trying to figure out my motivation.
Wavelength
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He / They

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:09 pm

Post by Wavelength »

@Aureal

Did you vote Alisae because you found thier questioning of Andante scummy, or would you say it was just an RVS vote?

Do you have even a read on her, even a weak one?
Wavelength
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:24 pm

Post by Wavelength »

I think klick is very unlikely to be mafia.

Only real town read so far.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:44 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 64, Wavelength wrote: I think klick is very unlikely to be mafia.

Only real town read so far.
why?
Wavelength
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 9:02 pm

Post by Wavelength »

I don't think that 61 comes from his as scum, for either possible alignment for Aureal.

There is also an attention to detail in his reading of Aureal's posts that reveals intent to sort.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 9:13 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 66, Wavelength wrote: I don't think that 61 comes from his as scum, for either possible alignment for Aureal.

There is also an attention to detail in his reading of Aureal's posts that reveals intent to sort.
Can you paint me a better picture here. I'm missing how you got this conclusion.

I feel like if Klick is a wolf that could be pretty easy to fake, I imagine the process is just him pointing out what he sees.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 9:16 pm

Post by Alisae »

This isn't me saying Klick is a wolf, I think Klick is a read best read when they've developed a body of work and comparing that body of work to the context that is the game.
It's pretty easy for them to be townie pretty early on and I imagine if they're wolf they're able to fake that.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 10:31 pm

Post by mykonian »

In post 56, Klick wrote: VOTE: mykonian

It is always really nice to see you, for however long you can manage.

We had these grand plans of playing more online and I don't think that worked (maybe with some others?) , maybe we should still try that by playing warm up boardgames before the meet?

As for the game, I don't think andantes excitement is alignment indicative. It seems pretty common. Outside that, I would lean town here for now on the content of her posts, not the tone.

Lisa asked whether I played with Dat and I played one mini last year where he was scum (Andante was in it as well). Of the others, if I played with you it's been ages ago, I don't remember how you play.

Wavelength has got a point about Aureal, that's the A I should have gone for.
vote: Aureal
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
compulsive complex Inventor
biancospino
he/she
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:37 am

Post by biancospino »

Votecount
VC 1-I

Aureal (3 = E-2):
, ,
Mykonian (3 = E-2):
, ,
Alisae (2):
Wavelength (1):

Whit 9 alive, it takes 5 for an execution.

Deadline:
(expired on 2023-02-26 00:51:00)

Mod notes:
  • I'm counting by hand, let me know if there is anything wrong.
  • The combined mod ISO is here.
Last edited by Alianna on Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:56 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 69, mykonian wrote:

We had these grand plans of playing more online and I don't think that worked (maybe with some others?) , maybe we should still try that by playing warm up boardgames before the meet?

As for the game, I don't think andantes excitement is alignment indicative. It seems pretty common. Outside that, I would lean town here for now on the content of her posts, not the tone.

Lisa asked whether I played with Dat and I played one mini last year where he was scum (Andante was in it as well). Of the others, if I played with you it's been ages ago, I don't remember how you play.

What content of Andante's are you townleaning her for and why?
You are always gonna be my love
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:24 am

Post by Klick »

In post 69, mykonian wrote:

I'd love to play some games leading up to the meet! Any evening after 9 GMT works for Bella and I, though one of us might have to duck out to get the little one back to sleep. Outside of that, I'll keep an eye on Discord in the coming evenings and see if anything fun is happening.

Like Ari, I'm also interested in hearing more about what Andante has posted that you think is towny.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 3:55 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 71, Aristeia wrote: What content of Andante's are you townleaning her for and why?
Not sure I'm helping anyone if I answer this. For one, it's 3 pages in and Andante is probably the person I feel most confident I can read anyway, so I might as well wait till I'm not leaning one way or another from a handful of posts. There's no pressing need to answer, Andante isn't even being voted so I imagine you all agree she's pretty town. I also don't have to tell the scum who's the obvious town.

That's a lot of words to say that I don't like you and Klick asking about a townread 3 pages in. Go find some baddies. May I suggest Aureal?
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 3:58 am

Post by Aristeia »

well it might help me figure out your alignment by letting me know what your thought process is for "Andante content townie"
You are always gonna be my love

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”