Micro 1070 | a micro normal | Endgame

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:26 am

Post by Aristeia »

i dont think you are thinking critically because your responses when i ask you to elaborate are:

"solving"
"body of work"

which says literally nothing
You are always gonna be my love
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:26 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 544, Klick wrote: Gimli fwiw out of Ari/Andante I have a slightly stronger opinion on Andante being a potential wolf
I'm fine with being on Aristeia regardless but if you're feeling similarly about both of them then Andante's my personal preference
I'm a scumsiding potato who's horrible at mafia, of course I'll sheep you on andante. I have no preference between andante and aristeia, my ari read is just louder because I'm interacting with her and we're 1v1ing. I think the way you caught andante on page 5-6 and their subsequent AtE are >>rand scum and I'm inclined to go there.

VOTE: andante
Wavelength
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He / They

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:27 am

Post by Wavelength »

In post 532, Gimli wrote: but wave I want you to express clearly why you think I'm scummy. I don't think you did that yet, even though you seem so sure about it.
I also hate your approach to the idea that I scum read you vs the idea that Ari scum reads you.

Your earlier response that you just glanced over my scum read of your slot because it came without reason, compared to Ari's which came with a vocalized argument that you were able to fight against, feels like scum to me.

You have since then left me as one of your strongest town reads, while trying to get me to make an argument that you can fight against. Which also feels like scum to me. You seem more focused on fighting to make people think that you are town, then actually just... being town.

(And also, I agree that Herta's lack of content / pop in not addressing the wagon they were on / repping out, all seem more likely to come from scum)
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:27 am

Post by Klick »

In post 550, Aristeia wrote: i dont think you are thinking critically because your responses when i ask you to elaborate are:

"solving"
"body of work"

which says literally nothing
That's fine
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:27 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 545, Wavelength wrote: I asked the question because you asked me why I thought you were scummy, and one of the reasons was that your method of catching up: the spoiler tags for a page by page catch up, where you grabbed lots and lots of quotes - seemed performative in nature especially given the size of the game at this point. I wanted to double check that it was not just a play style thing.

Because I had the time, and did not to actually wait for your response, I went and scanned through your rep in games already. I did not see that style of catch up in any game actually, although to be fair most of them were repping in much later, I did find one where you came in on page 10 of day 1 (compared to page 16 of Day 1 this game), and you responded to an average of less then 1 post per page

Spoiler:
1 quote on page 1

0 quotes on page 2

1 quote on page 3

2 quotes on page 4

0 quotes on page 5

0 quotes on page 6

1 quote on page 7

0 quotes on page 8

0 quotes on page 9

Compared to this game, where during your catch up, you grabbed an average of 9 posts per page

So yeah, your catch up looked very performative. Designed to look like a townie with lots of thoughts about the game vs the things that town you would have actually gravitated toward.
see, you metadived me and went nowhere with it like I said you would.

what's your andante read?
Wavelength
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:28 am

Post by Wavelength »

@ Ali, you asked me earlier what I wanted, and the answer is now definitively a Gimli elimination.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:28 am

Post by Aristeia »

its not critical thought

it in fact demonstrates nothing to me about your thought process
Wavelength
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:32 am

Post by Wavelength »

In post 554, Gimli wrote: see, you metadived me and went nowhere with it like I said you would.
If you actually read the post that I made, you would see that I found the exact answer to the question that I had.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:33 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 549, Klick wrote: I know I'm thinking critically and I can show that in my own time
I don't trust your motives for wanting me to expand so I'm deliberately being a bit cagey about it
I know that's frustrating to deal with but I think I'll get something out of it!
?

i was pushing gimli as mafia

i asked you what your thought process for gimli town was

what could my motives possibly be!?!?!?

could it not simply be that i just want to reach gimli town as well if he is town?

like what scum motivation could i have for asking you to explain why you townread gimli ?
Wavelength
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:34 am

Post by Wavelength »

Ari left the wagon...
In post 499, Wavelength wrote: I don't actually think that I need to work very hard for it.

Seems likely with my vote there now, I can just go afk for a couple days and he will be dead.
Damn, am I actually going to have to work for it

Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:34 am

Post by Klick »

In post 551, Gimli wrote:
In post 544, Klick wrote: Gimli fwiw out of Ari/Andante I have a slightly stronger opinion on Andante being a potential wolf
I'm fine with being on Aristeia regardless but if you're feeling similarly about both of them then Andante's my personal preference
I'm a scumsiding potato who's horrible at mafia, of course I'll sheep you on andante. I have no preference between andante and aristeia, my ari read is just louder because I'm interacting with her and we're 1v1ing. I think the way you caught andante on page 5-6 and their subsequent AtE are >>rand scum and I'm inclined to go there.

VOTE: andante
Sounds good
VOTE: Andante
Don't discredit yourself though!
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:35 am

Post by Klick »

In post 556, Aristeia wrote: its not critical thought

it in fact demonstrates nothing to me about your thought process
That's why it's critical thought instead of performative scumposting
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:36 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 552, Wavelength wrote:
In post 532, Gimli wrote: but wave I want you to express clearly why you think I'm scummy. I don't think you did that yet, even though you seem so sure about it.
I also hate your approach to the idea that I scum read you vs the idea that Ari scum reads you.

Your earlier response that you just glanced over my scum read of your slot because it came without reason, compared to Ari's which came with a vocalized argument that you were able to fight against, feels like scum to me.

You have since then left me as one of your strongest town reads, while trying to get me to make an argument that you can fight against. Which also feels like scum to me. You seem more focused on fighting to make people think that you are town, then actually just... being town.

(And also, I agree that Herta's lack of content / pop in not addressing the wagon they were on / repping out, all seem more likely to come from scum)
okay, all I can say is your read is potatoes, you're not paying close attention to my posts and how I'm solving your slot as opposed to ari's slot. instead of counting how many things I'm quoting in my last game or whatever, you should be looking at my reads progressions here.

I asked you to expand on your read so I can understand where you're coming from and talk things through. turns out you're just not paying attention and there isn't a lot to talk through. you're making comparisons that don't work and assuming I operate at a complete potato NPC level that I should be either scumreading you or townreading aristeia for sharing one scumread. that's not how mafia works and you're not catching scum with this logic.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:36 am

Post by Aristeia »

@wave i have a lot of issues with klick deciding to defend gimli as hardtown and refusing to provide the reasoning why while claiming its both body of work and refusing to elaborate

it feels like scum deciding to take advantage of a 1v1 to escalate and not really a good faith read on his part.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:37 am

Post by Klick »

Wavelength Gimli is like super town
Why do you think otherwise in like 2 sentences
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:37 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 557, Wavelength wrote:
In post 554, Gimli wrote: see, you metadived me and went nowhere with it like I said you would.
If you actually read the post that I made, you would see that I found the exact answer to the question that I had.
you found a wrong answer lol

but okay wave good talk
Wavelength
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:37 am

Post by Wavelength »

I read every bit of your catch up, it just did not make me think that you were town.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:38 am

Post by Aristeia »

also like klicks read on gimli literally has nothing to do with voting for me
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:39 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 565, Gimli wrote:

but okay wave good talk
gimli lets just say you are town

if wave and i are both town and both found the wrong answer, why do you think Klick found the right answer but wont tell us how he got there?

could it be because klick has a little cheat sheet with the right answers to start with?
Wavelength
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:41 am

Post by Wavelength »

In post 564, Klick wrote: Wavelength Gimli is like super town
Why do you think otherwise in like 2 sentences
Herta.

Performative catch up.

Overly focused on Winning Arguments
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:43 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 568, Aristeia wrote:

but okay wave good talk
gimli lets just say you are town

if wave and i are both town and both found the wrong answer, why do you think Klick found the right answer but wont tell us how he got there?

could it be because klick has a little cheat sheet with the right answers to start with?
klick is my top townread though.

yes if klick was scummy - and I have a tendency to be townread by scum - then I could be suspecting it. but klick is towny, I played with scum klick a partner and I feel this is the towngame instead, and I'm townreading much of their posts and I think the strong townread on me is organic because I'm oozing townyness. wave can't feel it and that doesn't make him scum, but not feeling it doesn't mean I'll give you townpoints either.
Wavelength
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:44 am

Post by Wavelength »

but okay wave good talk
You seem to misunderstand the question that I was seeking the answer to.

I was not asking "is this how he does this as scum?" or "is this how he does this as town?" I was asking "is the thing that I am seeing as scummy explained by a playstyle difference?" -- and I found that answer to be no.

That does not inherently make you scum, but it lets me default back to reading this game the way I see it without needing to compensate for a play style difference.

You wanted me to read you off of this game, and the answer I got form the meta dive is that I can read you off of this game. But reading you off of this game I think that you are scum.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:46 am

Post by Gimli »

more important than your bad tunnel: what's your read on andante? what's your read on aristeia?

I'm taking a bit from the thread brb
Wavelength
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:52 am

Post by Wavelength »