Open 873: PYP: Anime Music & Memes - Game Over!

Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #4625 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:35 am

Post by Ydrasse »

it was more like moments of interaction with taly/luke that weren't game related that i thought for a while probably wouldn't be s/s but i tend to put a lot of weight on those sort of more sentimental moments

what was notty's like... trajectory this game for you then, or what's the gameplan outside of yesterday's eod? his draft number and like... what feels like him not knowing what the hell is going on for this game feels townier to me atm than it did yesterday
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #4626 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:36 am

Post by Ydrasse »

ik wolves don't always need a gameplan but that's different to what i think rn (clearly lol) and i wanna understand why youre there
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #4627 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:36 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

Like, look.

If Fire was the scum with Ffery, Fire just grabs Notty on board and pushes me earlier.

Notty TRIED to vote me yesterday as a buffer to Ffery and no one else jumped on, and was forced to unvote or enter a weird spot.

If Fire was scum, Fire uses that scenario to his advantage there, a stated scumread on me, constantly frustrating fights with me.

It's not Fire.

And you, Ydra, you were the only one left as a result who could be partnered with Ffery, but the connections there don't add up. You also had a chance to kill me yesterday. All you had to do was flip and say you really liked Fire's world view.

there was enough pressure yesterday to kill me, easily. I felt my death coming, that's why I was struggling so much. I was a townie feeling on the death block in ELO.

But only ONE person actually pulled that trigger in an attempt to try and save their floundering (not Ffery's fault, but alas) scum partner.

It was Notty. It IS Notty.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #4628 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:40 am

In post 4625, Ydrasse wrote: it was more like moments of interaction with taly/luke that weren't game related that i thought for a while probably wouldn't be s/s but i tend to put a lot of weight on those sort of more sentimental moments

what was notty's like... trajectory this game for you then, or what's the gameplan outside of yesterday's eod? his draft number and like... what feels like him not knowing what the hell is going on for this game feels townier to me atm than it did yesterday
The game plan was they picked double numbers to ride it out.

One of Taly or Notty would always die, they play without powers as shown here, the other one would be super towny and protect the last one.

But the last one dropped the fucking Ball, Ydra. WE LOST YESTERDAY. Straight up. I'm willing to just admit that. I'd have died yesterday and we were done as a town.

It was a stroke of bad luck for Notty but I'm not one who will look those gifts in the eye.

This was planned, orchastrated. The pushes to a claim, the quick hammers, ALL of it.

Imagine, why did FB need to quick hammer STD? Wasn't necessary, STD probably dies anyway.

No, but it guarantees that no STD claim saves him, like if he was a COP. AND it kills the most suspicious scum player for the next day putting Notty in a GREAT drafting spot.

Notty looks hyper clear, they find the cop by process of elimination and now Notty gets to set up his tradjectory. Kill Marci over Ffery when it's Marci/Ffery team. Then deflect off Ffery, say you'll never kill Ffery on the next day and push at a townie.

It was a WON GAME if Ffery is even remotely conscious.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #4629 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:45 am

Like you can see that tradjectory right?

Pick up the Gambit, play a clean day 1, end day 1 with a bad elimination, shoot for cop in top 3. Day 2, probably just let Dunn die, but then Luke replaces out and Taly replaces out and RH9 tanks the Taly slot when Peta bonks him, and FB is brought in. FB's dead man walking, but has a bit of a chance on my STD pressure. Fortunate timing this time for them, given STD just flipped scum and looked similar, to me. Use Ffery to set the votes to e-1, FB hammers, clears notty by all accounts.

Get a kill at night, shoot GreyICE (this is the only part that doesn't make sense but I did read back the other day and I found something for this. Dunnstral immediately after the FB hammer went all "you know he might have been the cop!" and I wonder if FB wasn't fooled by that into thinking Dunn can't be the cop so they shot GreyICE as the cop. And it's why Notty was so against that as a possible outcome. It was the truth.

So then FB dies for free next day. they figure out oh it's just Dunn because of bad hypos(me, Bell) and Marci results (Fire). they shoot dunn.

A lot of us push Marci/Ffery but suspiciously it's Marci who dies first. I still think Peta was the main proponent of this selection, but it works out for Notty here. Kill Marci, shoot Peta as conf town.

come into next day, push LLD. Been alive too long. Paranoia built all game.

They've shot nothing but confirmed townies and PRS all game because they HAD to. Because they locked themselves into a strategy wherein they get no roles.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #4630 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:49 am

So when you consider late game pushing choices, who will you push?

Bell? Never happening.
Fire? Tracked to nothing twice, already on a super townie Unwnd slot.
Ydra? Townread universally the whole game. He DOES try, at the BEGINNING of the day to go after you Ydra. Remember that? He starts positing "hey why does everyone think Ydra is town when she's done nothing?" and I go "hmm" and then go "AH BUT YDRA SO TOWN THOUGH".

That was the moment he changed his strategy, Ydra. You weren't touchable, I would lean into my gut and save you. Fire was too hard as well, Bell wasn't happening, and Ffery was scum so it's easy right?

Trajectory leads itself. I'm the final miselimination. and I played into his hands by being as paranoid as I was. I really genuinely fucked up the last game day. It's a miracle I lived out of it, but now I see, my eyes are clear and I SEE.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #4631 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:53 am

Post by Ydrasse »

(i will read and respond later not ignoring just cannot Think!)
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #4632 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:55 am

Even when you look at the Luke/Notty and Ffery/Notty interactions, it's there. The weird awkward stilted "posting at each other in spoilers" thing they did. The way Notty tried to onboard Ffery into a 3 man boat with Bell to get a voting block to kill me.

Honestly if anyone saved this game it's Bell. Bell agreeing to vote with us on ffery even as he thought he was losing the game while doing it.

Bell was beginning to sour on Notty, and so Notty shot him last night.

I have a MUCH MUCH better shot last night if I'm scum. I shoot Fire and it frames Bell, it frames Notty. It frames you, Ydra.

Everything goes to chaos if I'm scum, because I shoot Fire.

But notty needed the person who was suspicious of me alive, Bell's a near confirmed townie so it looks like a basic shot, but it also kills Bell before he can fully flip on Notty and leaves his last will as essentially "i don't know" which is good for Notty.

Everything adds up, it all literally flows from check to check to check. This is the answer, and I recognize that it's going to be hard to get you both to see it past the way I played yesterday but that's my goal for today. To win, as a town, I have to show you why Notty is more likely to be scum here than I am. Why notty is the last scum.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #4633 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:56 am

In post 4631, Ydrasse wrote: (i will read and respond later not ignoring just cannot Think!)
it's fine, we have time.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #4634 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:03 am

I'm just going to be doing my best to do what I should have done yesterday now that I am set and my mind is clear and I know who my enemy is.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4635 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:04 am

Post by notscience »

Fact check: I’d argue bells read on me was improving because he’s been scumreading me the entire game before yesterday

Anyways I’m not home from vacation
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #4636 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:08 am

In post 4635, notscience wrote: Fact check: I’d argue bells read on me was improving because he’s been scumreading me the entire game before yesterday

Anyways I’m not home from vacation
He was pretty clearly on a town you stance all yesterday except for the end when he returned to neutral.

Also, it's weird that someone who scumread you all game never really applied any pressure to you.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #4637 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:08 am

Anyway I'm not getting bogged down in minutia again today.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4638 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:39 am

Post by notscience »

You can handwave it as minutia all you want but all it takes is a quick ISO peruse to see bells interactions with me yesterday we’re way more on the town side of things than any day before

A bell kill here is a game throw from me but notty doesn’t know how to play scum soooooo I suppose I’ll let you spin whatever story you want
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #4639 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:48 am

In post 4638, notscience wrote: You can handwave it as minutia all you want but all it takes is a quick ISO peruse to see bells interactions with me yesterday we’re way more on the town side of things than any day before

A bell kill here is a game throw from me but notty doesn’t know how to play scum soooooo I suppose I’ll let you spin whatever story you want
You can't just say things that aren't true while putting on the act of how disrespected you are as a cover to it and expect people to believe you.

Bell is 100% your best kill here, and moreover, you have been getting your dues and respects from me. I literally said you won yesterday if Ffery wasn't sick.

I get that you're pissy that you didn't get your win and you were looking forward to being able to use this to deal with whatever internalized lack of respect stigma you're dealing with, but that's not on me. I view you as a strong scum player, I'm not going about this with disrespect.

It is because I respect you I have to kill you and take advantage of the hole you've left for me, however unfortunate and small it was.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4640 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:53 am

Post by notscience »

I’m not pissy, I’m snarky

Like I’ve been all game

It’s kinda hard to start painting someone in MELO lld
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #4641 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:56 am

In post 4640, notscience wrote: I’m not pissy, I’m snarky

Like I’ve been all game

It’s kinda hard to start painting someone in MELO lld
I'm aware it is. That's why you're still likely to win today.

But you're still being upset about how yesterday went. It reads fully through your tone.

It's my job to show them what has been hidden this whole game by you so well.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4642 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:05 am

Post by notscience »

I mean, have fun

Bell kill still makes no sense from me when there’s a player alive I’m already stanced to push and he is also scumreading, as well as having the comfortable familiarity with him to not have to worry about two people I’m super unfamiliar with (not /as/ unfamiliar with ydra but I digress)
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #4643 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:30 am

Post by fireisredsir »

i still have a hard time seeing ffery's interactions with notscience as anything other than intended to be pockety
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #4644 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:32 am

Post by fireisredsir »

reread luke overnight and also didn't feel like it was notscience here
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #4645 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:36 am

Post by fireisredsir »

imo pages like 22-27 or so are recommended reading

not related to previous points i just think they're significant to the game
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #4646 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:38 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 303, Lukewarm wrote: I have a problem... I have caught up, and I did not find a scum read :/

Trendy choices seem to be Notty and Taly.

I kinda think Notty is town? I liked that he appeared to stop and do some meta skims when he saw something that pinged him. It was well telegraphed too, like he voted in , made a comment about meta diving in , then largely disappeared from the thread for ~20 mins, before coming back with a new take on Taly in . That 20 min thread break would be an impressive touch if faked.

I am having a hard time sorting Taly, just because every post she makes seems to either misunderstand the post that is directed at her, or she is responding to posts directed at other people. I am not sure how to sort constant misunderstandings tbh.

I would request LLD and/or Peta to solve the game for me please.

@Peta, why are you voting Dunn?
i am not really convinced that luke is the breed of cheeky/brazen scum player who makes this post about 2 partners
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #4647 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:41 am

Post by fireisredsir »

the whole way he went about the point about notscience doing meta on taly feels very assured and there's no hint of awkward theatre vibes that I think do show up when he is talking with taly

it feels like there's undertones of him knowing his point is correct
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #4648 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:41 am

Post by fireisredsir »

not just in the quoted post but the way he argued the point throughout as people questioned him on it
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #4649 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:49 am

Post by fireisredsir »

i agree with ydra's point as well that notscience has felt uninformed and without a plan all game

Return to “Completed Open Games”