Open 873: PYP: Anime Music & Memes - Game Over!

Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #4650 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:51 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 4646, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 303, Lukewarm wrote: I have a problem... I have caught up, and I did not find a scum read :/

Trendy choices seem to be Notty and Taly.

I kinda think Notty is town? I liked that he appeared to stop and do some meta skims when he saw something that pinged him. It was well telegraphed too, like he voted in , made a comment about meta diving in , then largely disappeared from the thread for ~20 mins, before coming back with a new take on Taly in . That 20 min thread break would be an impressive touch if faked.

I am having a hard time sorting Taly, just because every post she makes seems to either misunderstand the post that is directed at her, or she is responding to posts directed at other people. I am not sure how to sort constant misunderstandings tbh.

I would request LLD and/or Peta to solve the game for me please.

@Peta, why are you voting Dunn?
i am not really convinced that luke is the breed of cheeky/brazen scum player who makes this post about 2 partners
Why not? He's pitching to Peta and I, taking heat on himself.. it all fits.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #4651 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:55 am

I recognize I'm like, 8 ways from fucked but Notty literally got to set this all up by just acting town and sitting behind.

He didn't have to look agentful we did it for him. it's.... ahh...

I can see how this ends. It'll be with a vote that says something like "if Notty fooled me he deserves to win" and yeah, maybe he does deserve this win but we have a chance right now to earn ourselves a win

ahhhh

i hate being up against it all. i don't know how to win this for us.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #4652 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:01 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 4650, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 4646, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 303, Lukewarm wrote: I have a problem... I have caught up, and I did not find a scum read :/

Trendy choices seem to be Notty and Taly.

I kinda think Notty is town? I liked that he appeared to stop and do some meta skims when he saw something that pinged him. It was well telegraphed too, like he voted in , made a comment about meta diving in , then largely disappeared from the thread for ~20 mins, before coming back with a new take on Taly in . That 20 min thread break would be an impressive touch if faked.

I am having a hard time sorting Taly, just because every post she makes seems to either misunderstand the post that is directed at her, or she is responding to posts directed at other people. I am not sure how to sort constant misunderstandings tbh.

I would request LLD and/or Peta to solve the game for me please.

@Peta, why are you voting Dunn?
i am not really convinced that luke is the breed of cheeky/brazen scum player who makes this post about 2 partners
Why not? He's pitching to Peta and I, taking heat on himself.. it all fits.
just from having seen luke play scum before i don't feel like he's that kind of player

this kind of thing isn't really playing to his strengths, and i think he would be too concerned about making his own long-term prospects good than to just straight out of the gate push back on reads on his two scum partners like this

like i think it's more likely he would be doing it for the future wifom of looking uninformed than for directly trying to influence the thread to not scumread them. and while that's possible, i don't really think he would go for that either
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #4653 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:03 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 4651, Lady Lambdadelta wrote: I recognize I'm like, 8 ways from fucked but Notty literally got to set this all up by just acting town and sitting behind.

I can see how this ends. It'll be with a vote that says something like "if Notty fooled me he deserves to win" and yeah, maybe he does deserve this win but we have a chance right now to earn ourselves a win

ahhhh

not exactly, id be more likely to say well played to ffery and luke for their approach to him

i don't think notscience's play on its own here is ever something i would be impressed by it fooling me
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #4654 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:14 am

In post 4653, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 4651, Lady Lambdadelta wrote: I recognize I'm like, 8 ways from fucked but Notty literally got to set this all up by just acting town and sitting behind.

ahhhh

not exactly, id be more likely to say well played to ffery and luke for their approach to him

i don't think notscience's play on its own here is ever something i would be impressed by it fooling me
I'm not sure that matters from my PoV. From my PoV Notty's convincing you to go the wrong way.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #4655 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:21 am

Post by fireisredsir »

i think the only person whose reads ive taken into account this game besides my own was peta. but that was mostly bc as i was reading i found he was pointing out the same things i was seeing and so i trusted his pov and also already agreed with like 80% of it

which is somewhat unusual for me tbh im generally more of a sheep

i guess a little bit of unwnd too since i know his alignment but idk if that counts

regardless, i don't really think notscience has convinced me of anything
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #4656 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:27 am

Post by fireisredsir »

what makes you so confident on ydra?
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #4657 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:11 pm

In post 4656, fireisredsir wrote: what makes you so confident on ydra?
Ffery's posting yesterday, my vibe on them through the whole game, their interaction with Unwnd's drunken bus on them not being scum/scum, their Luke/Taly interactions...

In order:

Ffery looked like she was setting up to push everything away from Notty and was looking at setting up on Ydra a bit too, as well as me.

I'm just gut town reading Ydra.

Unwnd's drunk push and Ydra's reaction to me joining it to make it a legitimate wagon felt like it was town or coached by unwnd as a plan but since it can't be the later...

Taly and Luke's stances on Ydra and Ydra's interactions with them don't smell like she's scum here.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4658 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:17 pm

Post by notscience »

Something something telling a story
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #4659 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:22 pm

In post 4658, notscience wrote: Something something telling a story
something something playing from behind

this argument you're making is its own undoing because if I were scum here I would have HAD A STORY TO TELL YESTERDAY.

The way I played yesterday being so poor and so flaccid in its approach shows that I did, infact, not come in here with a story or a plan. I have been trying to get a grasp on this game the whole way through.

And I get that you don't have to actually do anything. given the two people I need to convince are both already on your side you can just take these pot shots and say nothing until you win but I'm going to do everyhting I can to play to the 5% chance that they see these interactions and go "ah, wait shit. LLD's actually town here isn't she".

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4660 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:23 pm

Post by notscience »

You can grandstand all you want, you’re trying to paint a picture that my erraticism was planned

I’m here for the show my dude
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #4661 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:28 pm

In post 4660, notscience wrote: You can grandstand all you want, you’re trying to paint a picture that my erraticism was planned

I’m here for the show my dude
I'm really glad we're both being respectful in this final day of mafia we are playing and both respect each other and players and neither of us are being pointlessly cruel for no real gain but our own ego.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #4662 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:29 pm

Like if you win, either way, I was going to congratulate you and your team for winning.

But this is excessive and frustrating.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4663 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:30 pm

Post by notscience »

I’ll chill.

Bottom line is, your strengths are writing stories. My strengths are being transparent. You don’t try to 1v1 a Jax in sidelane.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #4664 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:32 pm

In post 4663, notscience wrote: I’ll chill.

Bottom line is, your strengths are writing stories. My strengths are being transparent. You don’t try to 1v1 a Jax in sidelane.
see this I'll respect more. This is a fine level of cheeky. we're good.

I mean, you're scum and this is definitely you trying to play to a certain angle to make them believe you more, but at least I'm not feeling like shit now ahaha

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4665 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:33 pm

Post by notscience »

I don’t really think I need anything other than my body of work

Honorary scum does not mean scum lol
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #4666 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:35 pm

In post 4665, notscience wrote: I don’t really think I need anything other than my body of work

Honorary scum does not mean scum lol
so what, this is an argument that you and I find ourselves in this position statistically more frequently with me as scum and you as town?

I mean, you're not wrong but you're also scum this time so

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4667 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:40 pm

Post by notscience »

It is an argument that this is not the gamestate I would choose to put myself in as scum, which if I am as conniving and methodical as you claim, would include someone a) significantly more familiar with my body of work in other games and can corroborate things I’m saying b) is significantly nore likely to vote the vote you proposed me to vote c) I make some ??? Hero play yesterday despite the entire gamestate making it easier to go ffery>firesir or ffery>lld when I don’t need to fucking get involved

I dunno dude, I make some ??? Decisions and of anyone I would be the cheeky one who would double up on a number, but I feel like I’ve been transparently fucking clueless
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #4668 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:49 pm

In post 4667, notscience wrote: It is an argument that this is not the gamestate I would choose to put myself in as scum, which if I am as conniving and methodical as you claim, would include someone a) significantly more familiar with my body of work in other games and can corroborate things I’m saying b) is significantly nore likely to vote the vote you proposed me to vote c) I make some ??? Hero play yesterday despite the entire gamestate making it easier to go ffery>firesir or ffery>lld when I don’t need to fucking get involved

I dunno dude, I make some ??? Decisions and of anyone I would be the cheeky one who would double up on a number, but I feel like I’ve been transparently fucking clueless
okay turn that logic back to me

there is no one that scumreads me harder right now than Firered. if I'm scum, why don't I just shoot Fire? There's more than enough cover there to explain it, it puts me in the best possible scenario to win this game by convincing Bell and Ydra over tyring to convince Fire.

Where's my win path, Notty? Why am I making such reckless and unwise moves that lower my win % so drastically if I'm scum here? Why come after you intstead of FireRed if I am going to shoot bell, because Firered will never change his mind and you and Ydra might.

None of this makes sense for LLD scum. I'm going at you because you're all that makes sense as scum to me right now.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #4669 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:59 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

i agree with that on the whole fwiw

i thought i was p likely to die if you were scum
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #4670 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:02 pm

In post 4669, fireisredsir wrote: i agree with that on the whole fwiw

i thought i was p likely to die if you were scum
At minimum the only reason I wouldn't shoot you is if I was planning to come into today to 1v1 you.

But 1) That's not what happened obviously and 2) even if that were my plan I'd shoot Ydra in that world to sell it WAY harder.

I just... I don't have a win path that involves not shooting you and not pushing you if I'm scum, lol.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #4671 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:07 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

im not really sure if it was conclusively evident that i was scumreading you more than notscience was though

i get the impression he's probably more stubborn than i am anyway
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #4672 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:11 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

mmm
i think the difference would be in perception because of the like... back and forth that you had with lld that took up a few pages
while notsci may be more stubborn about it you demonstrated that you had the like. idk the word, capacity? to engage
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #4673 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:11 pm

In post 4671, fireisredsir wrote: im not really sure if it was conclusively evident that i was scumreading you more than notscience was though

i get the impression he's probably more stubborn than i am anyway
eh?

My dude you argued with me last day phase to the point in which we both had to quit several times, you called me scum at literally every turn, you put up the Ffery/LLD as the team mulitple times in MULTIPLE posts including the ones near the end of the day to the point where I went "well you're trying to kill me is why I'm being defensive" and you said "no I wanna kill Ffery first".

Everything you said indicated I was your top scum read. The fact I'm sitting here and saying it should indicate I knew this was the score.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #4674 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:12 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

i guess maybe you wouldn't know this but i don't think anyone would really characterize me as someone who would never change their mind

Return to “Completed Open Games”