Micro 1072: Turf Wars | Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:08 pm

Post by patchwork »

In post 447, Aureal wrote: drowning out more thoughtful conversation
this literally hasn't been happening in the first place... literally half the slots are barely active, lorne isn't contributing and there's nothing we can do about it because i've been poking them and they just don't respond, you don't really do much when you're here, hell, even drew doesn't do that much! kt and sky aren't doing much, kt feels more like they're IIoAing.... like if you're so mad at me for wanting activity that's fine ig, but there literally isn't "thoughtful conversation" going on. if there were, i wouldn't be poking people all the time about reads, contribution, etc
In post 446, Aureal wrote: This is not at all my style and you're frustrating me greatly with your expectations that I should be playing the way you do.
yeah we kind of got that but i'm going to be honest, i do expect you to follow through with your pushes or they're barely even pushes
now can you like...... push furtive or something
because that's kind of what i want to see here like can you explain Why you read them the way you do
lolhammer count: 3
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:08 pm

Post by patchwork »

yay pagetop
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:10 pm

Post by patchwork »

In post 446, Aureal wrote: I guess you expect me to have it solved already or something.
no, we just want you to contribute a little more? like when you're online it'd be nice if you could follow through on questions you've made, furthered pushes you've made on players... you've just generally not been doing much, you've obviously been There but there's nothing substantial about your play
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:10 pm

Post by patchwork »

In post 447, Aureal wrote: So can I just say "vibes" like furtive did to explain his scumread and you'll think that's fine and dandy now?
no because furtive is weird for not even evidencing his scumread
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:10 pm

Post by patchwork »

like it's fine if you say it's a viberead but at least point out the posts that pinged you a specific way or another, what felt weird to you, etc
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:11 pm

Post by patchwork »

In post 447, Aureal wrote: Kitty is obviously the non-presence in this game, not me.
this is true though
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:13 pm

Post by patchwork »

hey drew what's your opinion on furtive, aureal, and oclaxian?
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:22 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 456, patchwork wrote: hey drew what's your opinion on furtive, aureal, and oclaxian?
I literally have already said that Aureal and Oclax are my two main scum reads.

Furt I do lean town on, seems to be like he normally is from my experience.
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:23 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 449, Aureal wrote:
In post 448, Doctor Drew wrote:
Are you having an issue with two different people scum reading you for two different reasons?
When the reasons seem to be conflicting, yes. You guys are breaking my brain with this, like you're reading totally different games.

Are you not going to respond to my post for you earlier?
Well, if I am wrong about you.....there could be a reason why two people read you in two different ways. Like I just said, Oclax is my other real scum read.

And which post, I probably have missed a few lol.
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:29 pm

Post by Aureal »

and

Did you miss them because patchwork is drowning the thread in complaints about how other people need to Do Something? I'm starting to think that might be their scum game, but I need to eat some dinner and breathe before I try thinking about that too much.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:37 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

Lol, actually judging from the time stamps of those posts I had passed the fuck out......and yes they definitely got buried by Patch.

Yes I suppose it can happen, but I would think more times than not it would happen in their PT and not in public. Especially as blatant as that.

And I didn't ask for who people are hooded with, simply how you feel about your hood mate. Once we get a flip, and we have the info on if one side scum read the other or not, that is just another piece of info we can use. You saying it is rolefishing is another quick jump to conclusions by you.

And have you seen scumPatch? I get it is a bit annoying, but more than likely is just who they are.

Also you didn't link the post, but I reminded myself of it, 'kick the tires' is definitely a phrase I say a lot on here lol.
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:41 pm

Post by patchwork »

In post 457, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 456, patchwork wrote: hey drew what's your opinion on furtive, aureal, and oclaxian?
I literally have already said that Aureal and Oclax are my two main scum reads.

Furt I do lean town on, seems to be like he normally is from my experience.
what about kt?
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:42 pm

Post by patchwork »

In post 460, Doctor Drew wrote: yes they definitely got buried by Patch.
sorry
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:42 pm

Post by patchwork »

In post 460, Doctor Drew wrote: And have you seen scumPatch? I get it is a bit annoying, but more than likely is just who they are.
i have literally never had a scumgame on this site before
i fucking wish this were my scumgame i love being scum
Oclaxian Empire
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: they/them | it/its

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:43 pm

Post by Oclaxian Empire »

In post 446, Aureal wrote:
In post 444, Oclaxian Empire wrote: Drel: So instead of just accepting you’re being scumread, try to do something so people stop doing so?
Why do you think I'm sitting here throwing irritated spammy posts back and forth with you guys? This is not at all my style and you're frustrating me greatly with your expectations that I should be playing the way you do. It's been two freaking days since the game opened and I guess you expect me to have it solved already or something. Do you not have lives? I'm not an aggressive hyper poster and if you just scumread people for being more patient, deliberate, and thoughtful, you're going to end up being wrong an awful lot.
Drel: None of your posts really come off as irritated until this one and the next one. It's an eight-person game, with hoods. You can very easily be using your hood to sort your neighbor, unless your neighbor isn't posting in it, which is what seems to be the case with Patchwork too. At this point of the game, with one non-presence entirely in KT, Lorne just outright refusing to play for the most part, Furtive admitting that losing two newbies is rough for him, and Sky being around sometimes and not really saying a whole lot each time, there isn't a lot of room to play patient and deliberately, since that's half the playerlist not really doing anything. Factor in you, and that's now 5/8 players not doing anything meaningful in the game, and I'm willing to bet that's applying to the hoods too, which means the gamestate's not going anywhere. It doesn't matter we're barely into d1, the gamestate isn't going anywhere in a game where town should realistically be sorting people frequently and making reads often.
In post 447, Aureal wrote:
In post 445, Oclaxian Empire wrote: Drel: I mean, I’m barely reading the game compared to Kori and Grim, but the best I can tell from what I’ve read is you think Furtive scumslipped, and that’s about it. You gave reads when asked for them and that’s about it.

Now, you have been talking with us and Patchwork, and that’s great, but do something *more*. Sell us on your reads. Do something.
So can I just say "vibes" like furtive did to explain his scumread and you'll think that's fine and dandy now? Like, what? I think I've been plenty more substantive than a good few people. Kitty is obviously the non-presence in this game, not me. Sky also seems pretty wishy-washy. Drew hasn't done anything but eye Lorne's townreading of patch, decide that I'm on some Grand Crusade against furtive while you think I'm not even pushing him, and give other reads when requested. furtive has, like I said, not been much of a presence, and even he acknowledged it when he talked about losing two newbie games getting to him. Lorne is obviously playing I Don't Care What You Think style and giving nothing and people seem reasonably accepting of that. Heck, I don't really even know that patch has been very substantive- sure they post a lot but it feels like it's basically all yelling at other people to Do Something and drowning out more thoughtful conversation.
Drel (+Kori): I never said anything about liking Furtive's "vibes" read - and quite frankly, it's a shit read. I don't think reading someone solely because of vibes is good. I'm not playing the game enough to actively decide something like that. We don't care about Lorne because Lorne has admitted a point where they'll start playing: a dead mafia. Which, if that doesn't happen by the start of d2, we can do something about it. It's called killing Lorne.

I'm willing to admit that some stuff can pass for today, because there are vigilante shots in play, but I think realistically, we should be saving some for later nights, unless people are certain they're hitting scum. In a game where at least half of the playerbase isn't doing anything in the main thread, that's kinda abysmal. I get hoods detract attention away from the main thread, but that implies to me that everyone is realistically thinking their hood partner is town, which is most likely incorrect.

I also don't see what "thoughtful" conversation Patchwork is drowning out, when once again,
half the fucking town isn't doing jack fucking shit.
As for you being substantive, it's not very hard when once again - people aren't talking. Most of your ISO has been shitposting, plain and simple.
System of ~24. Main account is Korina. Assume pronouns are they/them unless someone specifies otherwise. Unsigned posts are from (maybe) Kori.

People who will post under this account include: Kori (they/them), Grim (it/its), Drel (they/fae/it), Alpha (they/them), Chy (they/he/it), Soluna (he/she/they)
#CultsArentBastard
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:44 pm

Post by patchwork »

In post 298, patchwork wrote:
In post 292, skitter30 wrote: I liked getting their unfiltered thoughts, it felt v real and raw. The frustration seems townie to me
also on this im always very raw with my thoughts regardless of alignment, as maf i tend to respond with frustration when scumread or voted and its usually very genuine because im just good at slipping into the townie role
(believe it or not) one game i won as scum because i kept forgetting i was mafia-aligned. and yeah that Happened! i was a non-meeting mafia tho
so you really can't townread me for that really, it's nai at most
though i guess you don't know my meta so can't really blame you for thinking that of me
i found a quote from 2113 that sums up my meta pretty good, mods am i allowed to post this
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:45 pm

Post by patchwork »

In post 464, Oclaxian Empire wrote: I also don't see what "thoughtful" conversation Patchwork is drowning out, when once again, half the fucking town isn't doing jack fucking shit.
thanks guys o7
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:46 pm

Post by patchwork »

In post 464, Oclaxian Empire wrote: which is what seems to be the case with Patchwork too.
wait are you saying my neighbor isn't posting? maybe they are, but if they aren't how do you know that
Oclaxian Empire
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:47 pm

In post 467, patchwork wrote:
In post 464, Oclaxian Empire wrote: which is what seems to be the case with Patchwork too.
wait are you saying my neighbor isn't posting? maybe they are, but if they aren't how do you know that
Drel: You strike me as the same exact type of player Kori is, who would be hyperposting in the hood if your partner was actually replying in there.
System of ~24. Main account is Korina. Assume pronouns are they/them unless someone specifies otherwise. Unsigned posts are from (maybe) Kori.

People who will post under this account include: Kori (they/them), Grim (it/its), Drel (they/fae/it), Alpha (they/them), Chy (they/he/it), Soluna (he/she/they)
#CultsArentBastard
Oclaxian Empire
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:53 pm

Drel: The more I think about it, the more I realize there's a second possibility, but it's functionally equivalent to the first, which is you think your hood partner is scum.

#CultsArentBastard
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:58 pm

Post by patchwork »

In post 468, Oclaxian Empire wrote:
In post 467, patchwork wrote:
Drel: You strike me as the same exact type of player Kori is, who would be hyperposting in the hood if your partner was actually replying in there.
um
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:58 pm

Post by patchwork »

you're wrong
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:58 pm

Post by patchwork »

look here buddy can we like... not talk about hoods because it kinda would suck if one of us got targeted and then i lost my night action
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:08 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 472, patchwork wrote: look here buddy can we like... not talk about hoods because it kinda would suck if one of us got targeted and then i lost my night action
What night action are you afraid of losing?
Marashu
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:12 pm

Post by Marashu »

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”