Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:19 am

Post by Natirasha »

Vote: SC

You better not be bringing the town down.
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:28 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Thank you. And with that, I congratulate the town with a good job.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:18 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

StrangerCoug wrote:Thank you. And with that, I congratulate the town with a good job.
Good job? Man, town was lucky as hell..

Hell, I still suspect Natirasha of being scum and the game is over. Plus it looks like you could have convinced him that you were still the Seer on Day 3.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:51 am

Post by popsofctown »

I'm friggin pissed off. StrangerCoug, your teammate was dead but you still had a responsibility. You play to your win condition until the game is OVER. I'm pretty sure i told you that in nighttalk. If the game was over, Tinvision would have said so.

It'd be one thing to quit if you didn't have a teammate, but you quit on yourself and you quit on me, without my consultation. I spent lots of energy in this game, and i don't appreciate you playing to lose at the end.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:09 pm

Post by Natirasha »

Can you tell us why StrangerCoug decided to claim seer, and implicate you? That seems like a horrible, horrible gambit.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:37 pm

Post by popsofctown »

It was a brilliant gambit, the town actually failed into success. If KK was anything like a normal player, he would have counterclaimed, making the choice of lynch KK or SC rather than popsofctown or not. I thought SC would lose the seerclaim battle (he would have. If there was a seerclaim battle) and have been lynched. Then, upon realizing that he's actually goon, the town would be less likely to lynch me because that would have been such an extreme gambit.

I'm definitely sure I'm pissed at my teammate quitting at the end of the game.

I'm not sure how i feel about the town failing to get all it's claiming done before D2 was over, then winning because of that. I probably need to dig down and find some sportsmanship about that, there must be some explanation of how "may the best man win" was fulfilled, or so i would hope.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:16 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

I agree, it was a great gambit. But I thought that SC's seerclaim was so bad that I could hold off counter-claiming for a few days while some discussion got started by everyone else on the second scum. I did still have you in mind as a poss. suspect, but much, much lesser so than Nat. But by the time I got home from work, Crazy & Nat already voted.

If when SC was lynched for his false claim and turned up mafia (which he would have), then nat would have had to have a golden defence to not be 2nd mafia.

I don't think you can be too mad at SC. There's no way he could have won on Day 3 unless Nat is really dense. So yeah, the town won because we played worse than a scum team could possibly except. A pretty hollow victory.

BTW - why did you target ortolan on Night 1? I expected that if Nat & ortolan were town, they would be kept alive as good lynch bait for Day 2.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:16 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

ortolan was killed because popsofctown thought he was scummier than me, and for the gambit to work, I had to be the scummiest player and my claim could not have been believable.

In case you're curious, I actually asked the mod if I could kill myself last night. (I couldn't.)

Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:18 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

StrangerCoug wrote:ortolan was killed because popsofctown thought he was scummier than me, and for the gambit to work, I had to be the scummiest player and my claim could not have been believable.
Scummier than Nat....?
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:19 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Nat is Nat. End of discussion.

Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:01 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

F'ed up, man...
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:03 pm

Post by Natirasha »

Kublai Khan wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:ortolan was killed because popsofctown thought he was scummier than me, and for the gambit to work, I had to be the scummiest player and my claim could not have been believable.
Scummier than Nat....?
I have a history of lurking-as-town-then-popping-out-to-hammer, though. Also, Cream147 decided to explain my thought process in a sentence. Read my sig.
-TinVision-
-TinVision-
Goon
-TinVision-
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:02 pm

Post by -TinVision- »

First and Last Vote Count of Day 3

StrangerCoug (2) -- StrangerCoug, Natirasha
Not voting (1) -- Crazy

StrangerCoug, Mafia Goon,
is dead. Town wins!
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:21 pm

Post by ortolan »

ortolan was killed because popsofctown thought he was scummier than me, and for the gambit to work, I had to be the scummiest player and my claim could not have been believable.
lol, damnit. Was a pretty wierd and short game, seems it was defined mainly by its screw-ups.
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:24 pm

Post by ortolan »

I had also wondered why I got nightkilled considering how bad I looked
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:52 am

Post by Xtoxm »

ortolan wrote:
lol, damnit. Was a pretty wierd and short game, seems it was defined mainly by its screw-ups.
Yeh..Lol..

And Pops, stop going on at SC, he was confirmed scum when real Seer died.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:52 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Natirasha wrote:
Kublai Khan wrote:
Scummier than Nat....?
I have a history of lurking-as-town-then-popping-out-to-hammer, though. Also, Cream147 decided to explain my thought process in a sentence. Read my sig.
You are an idiot.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:34 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

And it's official. I now have a losing record as scum.
Xtoxm wrote:And Pops, stop going on at SC, he was confirmed scum when real Seer died.
I was actually confirmed scum when popsofctown flipped Mafia instead of werewolf.

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:39 am

Post by farside22 »

Any thoughts on the balance of the game. Does everyone feel it was fair. Was the mafia hurt or town hurt by anything?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:55 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

I don't think there were any major problems with the setup, but I think our Day 2 gambit was pretty interesting (too bad it ended up being epic fail), and I want some thoughts on it. What do you think would have happened if Kublai Khan counterclaimed before popsofctown was hammered and I was lynched in his place?

Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:21 pm

Post by Adel »

I hope y'all don't mind if I throw in my unsolicited two cents:
StrangerCoug wrote:Thank you. And with that, I congratulate the town with a good job.
This is a pretty bad post to be in the habit of making. As a general rule, never reveal your alignment as scum until after the mod posts an end of day post revealing your alignment.

There is always the chance of a mistake in voting protocol or even mod error that could go in your favor.

... of course, self voting yourself is usually an even worse thing to do. I think it would've been more sporting if you had at least tried to spin some incredible line of bullshit, even if it only had a prayer of working if the town was full of idiots. I think it is better to go down swinging.
popsofctown wrote:It was a brilliant gambit, the town actually failed into success.
I love it when people win for the wrong reasons. It is part of the chaos that keeps the game interesting for me.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:31 pm

Post by farside22 »

StrangerCoug wrote:I don't think there were any major problems with the setup, but I think our Day 2 gambit was pretty interesting (too bad it ended up being epic fail), and I want some thoughts on it. What do you think would have happened if Kublai Khan counterclaimed before popsofctown was hammered and I was lynched in his place?
I just can't believe you claimed. Never mind killed the person you claimed you were. Brilliant. :lol:
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:16 pm

Post by Adel »

StrangerCoug wrote:You know, I did a reread of this game over the course of the night, and Kublai Khan is actually not as scummy as I thought. A couple of posts by popsofctown, however, stuck out to me:
popsofctown wrote:I can't really FoS or vote him yet, i don't know what's going on with him and that seems unfair, since there's a totally legit explanation for his actions. I'm very concerned though.
This is a reference to Xtoxm, which we know flipped cop. You express suspicions of him later, but you left your vote on me, which reeks of distancing from a mislynch as you never voted him.

Another one:
popsofctown wrote:Xtoxm and KK both look pretty bad. At this point, by my reckoning, one or both of them is a scum.
It's Day 1 and you're already this certain about scum? This is tunnel vision, and you were voting for neither player when you made that statement. In fact, other than your random vote on ortolan, I'm the only person you've voted all day.

Let's get down to business here, pops: I am the seer, I investigated you for the above posts, and you came up werewolf. Therefore,

Vote: popsofctown
following the lynch of pop and the death of the real seer, is there any possible way SC could've recovered from this?
"I'm really a townie, but I was really really sure that pops was scum, and we were in lynch or lose, and so I had to do something that would get him lynched" or something...
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:16 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Adel wrote:This is a pretty bad post to be in the habit of making. As a general rule, never reveal your alignment as scum until after the mod posts an end of day post revealing your alignment.

There is always the chance of a mistake in voting protocol or even mod error that could go in your favor.
So you were in favor of letting scum have a cheap win? OK...
Adel wrote:... of course, self voting yourself is usually an even worse thing to do. I think it would've been more sporting if you had at least tried to spin some incredible line of bullshit, even if it only had a prayer of working if the town was full of idiots. I think it is better to go down swinging.
I was screwed since Night 2.

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:18 pm

Post by farside22 »

StrangerCoug wrote:
Adel wrote:This is a pretty bad post to be in the habit of making. As a general rule, never reveal your alignment as scum until after the mod posts an end of day post revealing your alignment.

So you were in favor of letting scum have a cheap win? OK...
Adel wrote:... of course, self voting yourself is usually an even worse thing to do. I think it would've been more sporting if you had at least tried to spin some incredible line of bullshit, even if it only had a prayer of working if the town was full of idiots. I think it is better to go down swinging.
I was screwed since Night 2.
Reading it you were pretty suspicious day 1. Lack of activity was a bear.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”