Mini Normal 2294: Monkey Business (Endgame)

Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:07 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

In post 471, Gimli wrote: elsa has tremendously sharp reads

almost a wolf TMIing but I'm sure it's just town playing good
I don't know if one of the guys on my voting list should be complimenting my reads but I'll take it since I get so few of them usually.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:11 am

Post by Gimli »

you should notice an ally when you see one
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:12 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 476, Gimli wrote: you should notice an ally when you see one
comus aint gonna like this post...
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:15 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

Will said ally be helpful then or sink me like a cinder block into a lake? I'd rather not drown helping you.

Edit; yeah, probably.

VOTE: Enchant
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
She/Her
Goon
Magical Girl
She/Her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:27 am

Post by Magical Girl »

In post 466, Kokichi Oma wrote:
In post 463, Magical Girl wrote: As I said, last 3 pages were garbage :^)
So you're saying Ausuka's defense saying that they thought I was just a newbie is not made up? When you think someone is a newbie you look at their posts or date they joined. But I have more posts than them
I thought I saw something like that but I can’t seem to find the post. Maybe because I’m on phone. Can you re-link?
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:33 am

Post by Ausuka »

It genuinely baffles me how anyone could read that post and think I was talking about Kokichi? Like what would the scum motivation for that even be
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:48 am

Post by Enchant »

In post 473, Gimli wrote: killing ausuka d1 will be too much drama

enchant will just yawn and let us have it
So you know that i don't have teammates to protect me huh
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
nepenthe
nepenthe
none
Townie
nepenthe
none
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: none

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:38 am

Post by nepenthe »

where's the frog person i permatownread and who is the single person they'd like me to not vote today
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:14 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

Replacing Salsabil Faria
Imprefection is the spice of life.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:22 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 482, nepenthe wrote: where's the frog person i permatownread and who is the single person they'd like me to not vote today
unfortunately frog person leaped over to the scummy side. might want to reconsider
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:40 am

Post by Ausuka »

ok the promised readslist

Comus - I have liked most of his pushes and content at least a little and have found nothing about him scummy. also I just generally lack townreads
Magical girl - I don't think anything she has posted is like that difficult for an experienced player to fake, but very little would be at this stage of the game and there isn't anything i find particularly suspicious, so shrug
Enchant - feels more like town enchant than scum enchant imo and probably isn't scum if Gimli is scum which I think is likely. Enchant will be Enchant
Elsa jay - Obviously I didn't like her early game very much but none of it is like smoking gun stuff. I think the way gimli interacted with her wagon is very rarely s/s (the blase read feels much much more like TMI than a read scum partner would make) and if gimli is town I think she is unlikely to keep putting me as a townread and *not* take advantage in some way of the situation. This read is admittedly pretty volatile rn but shrug
Geraintm - I mean most of his posts are just that he hates d1 and he isn't doing a lot at the moment frankly? Which like, I doubt it's something he's lying about but it's annoying to try and read
Kawaiikame - I was not particularly a fan of their early posts because they were mostly, like, extremely hedgey and weren't really committing to opoinions of things. Their posting has definitely improved in the sense that they have opinions, and feels not too agenda-y, but I'm still a little wary of stuff like which pushes kokichi and then in the same line goes "idek" - it could just be a stylistic thing I guess.
Kokichi - Kokichi's posts so far have been either empty or annoying. I think the 'gambit' stuff is nonsense, obviously (is pointing out that you're doing nothing supposed to change the fact you're doing nothing lmao) but sometimes town players are just like that I guess? It's the brand of obvious nonsense that I think scum is not particularly likely to be into as opposed to just like playing the game normally. I said he is deciding to scumread my posts before reading them and the main reason I think that is which shows a clear lack of any actual reading comprehension or interest in my posting.

This is what I said; "Or maybe it's the posting no actual content that is the roleplaying? Am I meant to think that's not scum indicative but some newbie who posted like one time and then dipped is definitely scum, and I should be voting for them and if I don't I'm scum"

Again, I am genuinely baffled at the conclusion that I am talking about Kokichi here. Obviously, Kokichi is not a newbie. He also did not post one time. I am also not being told by Gimli that I should be scumreading Kokichi here; this is, in fact, the total opposite of what is happening. The only possible way anyone could interpret this in the way he did in my eyes is that he wasn't really reading my posts and just wanted to class all my posts as scummy or 'WEAK DEFENSE' from the start, which also makes sense considering how many of my posts he called scummy in this timeframe. He actually brought this up *again* in as the best reason to scumread me to MG, but when I pointed out that I was not in fact talking about him here he actually just did not care at all.

Regardless of his alignment he is going to push me here because I fell for his gambit of doing nothing by saying he was doing nothing. Honestly, I think this behaviour is totally nonsensical from either town or scum so I'm not really sure what to make of it but honestly I will be happy to vote for him if that's something which is happening and if he flips town I think the game is still probably better off.

Gimli - I think I've been pretty clear about this but I'll repeat it. Throughout the early game Gimli gave townreads out really easily to anyone who was actually posting and eventually reached a stage where all his scumreads were just people who weren't posting at all. His response to the Elsa wagon was telling me to stop 'picking at things' because Elsa posted things which were game advancing, which I don't think makes any sense or, in hindsight, matches with the rest of his play in this game that well - look at post like he obviously just does not believe that. It seems fairly likely this was a TMI read and he felt maybe a little bit too comfortable about giving justification for townreading a town player. He was townreading me throughout the early game but eventually turned on me when I did not return the favour.

Obviously, I do not feel like this pivot makes sense at all. First of all, apparently it was disingenuous to say the day was very unlikely to end soon.
In post 388, KawaiiKame wrote: Intent to kill, Elsa's been pursued all game and I perceived Elsa's elimination being close, I didn't know it was E3 felt like the day was going to end soon
I think this post shows that my reading was actually just correct and Kawaii made this post *before* gimli made his push.

His other point was that saying Kokichi was scummier than other lurkers is somehow scummy and his *only justification* for this was just trying to justify Kokichi not being scummy rather than actually focusing on me and why it is unbelievable for me to believe that. It's an incredibly disingenuous route for him to take. He makes exactly one point by saying I am scum because I said roleplaying is scummy. When I point out this is literally just false, he IMMEDIATELY pivots without any hesitation to saying it's actually scummy because him not doing anything is roleplaying and therefore I can't scumread him for it which is just ???? lmao

I have played quite a few games with enchant and this is also not really his scum meta and Gimli acting like it is is probably just hunting for a free elim

Salsabil - replacing out apparently! she has not posted a lot and i don't have a strong opinion on the stuff she has posted frankly
Nono - ditto except she might not replace out yet
Nepenthe - I looked at their iso is a good post but like they have made basically no impact on the game so far so shrug hopefully they do something
Dionysus - Probably has +partner equity with gimli because gimli acting in disbelief that he could not be the most suspicious lurker could be tmi but other than that I have very little to say here too.
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
nepenthe
nepenthe
none
Townie
nepenthe
none
Townie
Townie

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:04 pm

Post by nepenthe »

In post 484, Kokichi Oma wrote:
In post 482, nepenthe wrote: where's the frog person i permatownread and who is the single person they'd like me to not vote today
unfortunately frog person leaped over to the scummy side. might want to reconsider
unless they're verified scum/someone has a report which i think is mechanically impossible unless i missed more than i realized hehe, u need to back this statement up because i already emphasized that i will stick beside them.
nepenthe
nepenthe
none
Townie
nepenthe
none
Townie
Townie

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:05 pm

Post by nepenthe »

In post 361, Gimli wrote: All the people picking on me for calling all the posters towny are interesting. I think the first ones doing that were ok cause there wasn't much to talk about but nepenthe doing that stinks
you only think it stinks because you don't like being called lazy but if you don't want to be called lazy then my expert advice is: don't be lazy.
nepenthe
nepenthe
none
Townie
nepenthe
none
Townie
Townie

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:07 pm

Post by nepenthe »

like if you had said something even fractionally more substantial i would've been like "wow they're just like me fr" because i also used to end up with too many trs on d1 of games but u basically put in no effort to explain a blanket read on a day where u *have not* earned the trust or clout in the game to do that, and that's what i don't like about the read/post.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:08 pm

Post by Gimli »

Okay but is lazy scummy? It's a shit push to just call something lazy as if it meant anything
nepenthe
nepenthe
none
Townie
nepenthe
none
Townie
Townie

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:13 pm

Post by nepenthe »

i don't think it's a shit push, i think you're being surprisingly defensive over something you could've easily responded to by simply expanding on the blanket read you threw out. the fact that you have had time (like, 12 hours plus of time) to respond to my original callout with something like "well, i think it leans towny because x or y or z" to lend it even a little bit of substance or weight (expand on those nuances u claim are driving the read!) and have yet to do that as far as i've seen is troubling to me personally.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:15 pm

Post by Gimli »

I've explained my reads though
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:18 pm

Post by Gimli »

I've explained a good number of things to a reasonable extent already, you wanted me to write a lot about like p1-2 reads? It's not conducive to anything, and it's not like I can't make big well reasoned posts as scum
nepenthe
nepenthe
none
Townie
nepenthe
none
Townie
Townie

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:22 pm

Post by nepenthe »

after having iso'd you, i don't feel like u really explained anything. because after , specifically after i prodded you for it, this is what i could find from you as far as reads go:
In post 208, Gimli wrote: I have been wrong about enchant 0 times
unverifiable meta =/= explaining your reads.
In post 298, Gimli wrote: this is cute and over the top read from elsa. idk if she says that about a townie when she is mafia? and idk if she interacts like this with a partner. so maybe elsa is town after all.
where's the logic in this?
In post 324, Gimli wrote: I ISO'd elsa and think she is very town.
again, a read with no real substance or explanation to it just feels like a pocketing attempt.

the only post you had that came even close to feeling substantial was and even that wasn't really saying anything, it genuinely feels to me like a continued pocket attempt.

anyway
if you would do me the honor of explaining these nuances which is literally the thing i have locked on and the only thing i've asked/hoped/wanted from you, maybe we could get somewhere but right now, everything i read from u comes across as filler w/ no tangible foundation.
nepenthe
nepenthe
none
Townie
nepenthe
none
Townie
Townie

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:24 pm

Post by nepenthe »

like just say u want elsa to tr you, because that's what these posts are giving. if i'm
really
reading into it, i think that you think elsa has some ability that will either fuck you over if she uses it on you (hence, getting that tr on you early so she uses it on someone else) or you're setting up to keep her in the game longterm to vote with you. but idk!!!!
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:26 pm

Post by Gimli »

You're not in my head to know what I want Elsa to do, idk why you'd write these things to me

I did think she phrased my behaviour in a way that could be conducive to a townread on me anyway
nepenthe
nepenthe
none
Townie
nepenthe
none
Townie
Townie

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:29 pm

Post by nepenthe »

"you're not in my head" i'm a water sign bro why won't you just answer the one question i've asked u to answer
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:32 pm

Post by Gimli »

We just play differently

I'll write when I think it's gonna advance the game in any way

Kinda like your tone to me though
nepenthe
nepenthe
none
Townie
nepenthe
none
Townie
Townie

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:35 pm

Post by nepenthe »

it's unsustainable to play a text based game without text but i digress, i think the danganronpa gimmick account is town
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:36 pm

Post by Gimli »

We're talking it out, just not the way you want it to I guess