Micro 1073: Purgatory - Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:04 am

Post by Alianna »

Votecount 1.04

Arko (3):
Vanderscamp, Oclaxian Empire, Bellaphant.
BloodB0t (1):
Ranger.

Not Voting (5):
KawaiiKame, AurorusVox, Aisa, Arko, BloodB0t.

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to condemn someone to the fiery pits of
hell

The phase deadline is in (expired on 2023-03-16 19:40:55).
Last edited by Alianna on Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I townread Alianna.

Post #1000s Collected: 25
Mini Normal 2337 is in signups with 8/13 slots remaining!
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:52 am

Post by Ranger »

In post 159, Aisa wrote:My read on Ranger is contingent on what Arko is at the moment, I think.
Bad approach tbh. My reads are fluid. Write a case on what makes Arko scum and I'll listen. You can convince me. I simply haven't been, because Arko's content is by far the towniest in the game imo.
In post 162, Oclaxian Empire wrote:"you and arko can't be scum, but even if you flip town, i don't think arko is scum still bc arko's the towniest slot in the game"
This is a very interesting way of wording it.
It's simultaneously stating I'm town (; "has determined", "won't reevaluate"; those aren't phrases used to describe a scum player, those are phrases describing a town player), while also taking the least-flattering reading of my .

I believe Arko-OE have interactions strongly indicating they're not scum-scum. Scum-town's possible. Town-scum's possible. Town-town's possible. Never scum-scum.
Separately, Arko is my strongest townread rn.
Separately, Oclaxian Empire's content has overall been suspect, enough to be a main scum candidate.
Arko isn't town because of OE being scum. The three points had no connection. Stating they did connect is somewhat disingenuous.
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:08 am

Post by Ranger »

In post 170, Bellaphant wrote: the convo with Ox again didn't vibe right: I ended up tr-ing the ox slot ans not feeling anything more about arko, which tends to be one of my red flags for scum: they end up feeling 'grey'.
The exact opposite was mine. I came out of that convo with more town on Arko and nothing more on Ox.
In post 173, BloodB0t wrote:Why is OE not scum with Arko? Anything more to your TR on Arko? He's been your top TR even before the the interaction with OE. So I guess that was just vibes?
is not a scum theater post. The "I'm done with you" is a genuine interaction. OE can be scum, OE can be town, but regardless OE isn't scum with Arko thanks to it.

Your interactions with OE were notably different than Arko's, mutually so. The treatment of Arko felt organic. The treatment with you felt artificial and forced.

As for Arko, I've vibed with them from the beginning. First page was just vibes of rvs + liking their mechtalk; the townread started in earnest from . Specifically,
In post 26, Arko wrote:Also- I'm betting now that one of the non-posters is a sinner. the other 2 are probably within this group of 7 though as you could probably obviously tell.
I loved this thought process.

I liked the engagement in .
I liked the sentiment of ///.
is an approach I feel comes from a town mindset.
The explanation of is an approach which is nai, but the context of sharing it makes me lean town. (Someone explaining their philosophy is nai in of itself. The context behind explaining the philosophy can be ai, in this case, +town.)
I felt was a good approach upon returning to the thread.
is not a scum post.

There's good reason Arko's my top townread.
Near as I can tell, there's no reason for Arko to be scum.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Oclaxian Empire
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: they/them | it/its

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:21 am

Post by Oclaxian Empire »

once again tho - activity this early in the game is meaningless. that’s the entire point. it was what, two pages in the game?

about 15hrs had passed at that point and game started at abt noon cst, meaning that it’s super possible that someone could’ve seen it, been at work and hasn’t had a chance to respond. or been asleep, got up for work, seen it and couldn’t respond.

the fact a post like that came 15 fucking hours after game start and is a basis of a tr is abysmal. i think either ur a partner with arko, or scum trying to pocket arko.
System of ~24. Main account is Korina. Assume pronouns are they/them unless someone specifies otherwise. Unsigned posts are from (maybe) Kori.

People who will post under this account include: Kori (they/them), Grim (it/its), Drel (they/fae/it), Alpha (they/them), Chy (they/he/it), Soluna (he/she/they)
#CultsArentBastard
Oclaxian Empire
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:24 am

In post 176, Ranger wrote: It's simultaneously stating I'm town (163; "has determined", "won't reevaluate"; those aren't phrases used to describe a scum player, those are phrases describing a town player), while also taking the least-flattering reading of my 149
this does not say ur town. this says ur scum bc you know what my alignment is.

VOTE: ranger

idc, i want u dead.
System of ~24. Main account is Korina. Assume pronouns are they/them unless someone specifies otherwise. Unsigned posts are from (maybe) Kori.

People who will post under this account include: Kori (they/them), Grim (it/its), Drel (they/fae/it), Alpha (they/them), Chy (they/he/it), Soluna (he/she/they)
#CultsArentBastard
Oclaxian Empire
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:24 am

the game is white flag. it's more than plausible for one member to just blatantly openwolf and do whatever the fuck they want, and i think that's what ur doing.

#CultsArentBastard
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:28 am

Post by AurorusVox »

In post 154, Arko wrote:
In post 152, AurorusVox wrote:
In post 118, Arko wrote: Morning.
UNVOTE:
Ok... 3 Votes on ox already is way too quick. It took you guys only like 12 hours past my original vote. plus, BB was against ox too so they might of voted/hammered also. That's way too quick for a game with 3 scum vs 6.
Not sure I buy this panic tbh

If scum orchestrated a quick hammer on someone at e-2 are they not just handing us the easy win since we only need to send 2 of them to hell?

Also it’s weird to me that you were focusing on ox making e-2 quickly when you were also at e-2 at the time and in fact still are?
Yes I'm E-2. I can't change that. It's bad. However, I could change ox being E-2. So I did. Found it too early when we have so much time left. If they end up acting scummier or they are on track to death, yes, I may revote them.
Like. What?

Of course you can change that, by defending the points levied against you or doing some scumhunting?

Ps I went back to iso you to see if your done these things, you offered some defence of “technically” and said you meant you were NAI for looking at “technical” reasons but that’s not how the word is used in context so this stinks of trying to cover up a mistake to me

Like how can “technically NAI” mean “NAI for technical speculation”???

Also I saw this
In post 55, Arko wrote: I think that might be E-2 By the way, let them breath for some time before voting them.
You put ox at e-2 or at least thought you did and now only later have you come back to say putting them at e-2 was shaky and too quick???

Ranger like wtf why do you townread this?

VOTE: arko

Pedit: E-2 again
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Oclaxian Empire
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:29 am

i’ll hammer arko, but i’d like ranger more tbh.

#CultsArentBastard
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2023 12:27 pm

Post by Ranger »

In post 178, Oclaxian Empire wrote:once again tho - activity this early in the game is meaningless. that’s the entire point. it was what, two pages in the game?
I made no reference to activity in my townread. Where are you getting the idea my townread on Arko has anything to do with activity? Certainly not from anything I've said!

My argument is off of the content within and believing the content is town. The thought process was the important part. The solving was the important part. Not the activity. The divide might seem a bit arbitrary, but I felt the divide came from a town mindset of trying to figure out where scum were. For a post that early, it's as town as town players can get.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2023 12:33 pm

Post by Ranger »

In post 178, Oclaxian Empire wrote: i think either ur a partner with arko, or scum trying to pocket arko.
Oh? How interesting you use this as an argument against me!
In post 162, Oclaxian Empire wrote:"you and arko can't be scum, but even if you flip town, i don't think arko is scum still bc arko's the towniest slot in the game"
You seemed quite opposed to this argument when
*I*
was the one you thought was making it against
you

You are saying I'm scum regardless of Arko's alignment (partner with Arko = I'm scum, scum trying to pocket Arko = I'm scum),
In the exact same way you
objected
to me saying Arko was town regardless of yours. ("Arko isn't scum with Oclaxian, Arko isn't scum when Oclaxian is town".)

Care to explain the discrepancy?
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2023 12:39 pm

Post by Ranger »

In post 179, Oclaxian Empire wrote:
In post 176, Ranger wrote:It's simultaneously stating I'm town (163; "has determined", "won't reevaluate"; those aren't phrases used to describe a scum player, those are phrases describing a town player), while also taking the least-flattering reading of my 149
this does not say ur town. this says ur scum bc you know what my alignment is.
Wording's important.

You didn't say "Ranger
knows
our alignment and has
decided
to not reevaluate".

You said,
In post 163, Oclaxian Empire wrote:it just makes me feel like ranger has very deterministically decided what alignment we are, and what arko is, and not gonna re-evaluate.
"Ranger
decided
our alignment, and
is not
going to reevaluate".

The difference between these is the difference between calling me scum and calling me town.

The former would have been calling me scum. If you stated you thought I KNEW your alignment, you'd be stating by implication I'm scum.

The latter is what you did, and is calling me town. You stated I DECIDED your alignment.

Scum don't decide the alignment of other players. (Town do.)
Scum know the alignment of other players.

Your reference to me
deciding
rather than
knowing
your alignment.

It's not semantics--it's a scumslip.

VOTE: Oclaxian Empire.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2023 12:47 pm

Post by Ranger »

In post 181, AurorusVox wrote:Ranger like wtf why do you townread this?
Happy scumday but perhaps try reading.

I've stated why I feel Arko isn't scum with Oclaxian Empire.
I've stated Oclaxian Empire is one of my stronger scumreads. (Admittedly, I need to explain this scumread.)

my .

I've also stated I don't see any reason for scumreading Arko. The reasons I've seen have all seemed trash.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Oclaxian Empire
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2023 12:48 pm

cool kill me and see i’m town. when i die, you get killed hell 2.

#CultsArentBastard
Oclaxian Empire
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2023 12:48 pm

here actually, lemme help u with that goal:

VOTE: oclax

#CultsArentBastard
Oclaxian Empire
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2023 12:51 pm

i’m not reading what u say anymore ranger bc ur posts make me irrationally angry for some godforsaken reason, so i’m gonna let kori interact w/ u and ignore u.

#CultsArentBastard
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2023 12:57 pm

Post by Ranger »

{Arko}
{Aisa, Vanderscamp}
{Bellaphant}
{AurorusVox}
{KawaiiKame}
{BloodB0t}
{Oclaxian Empire}

I still vibe with this, but + (backed by ) are huge.

I believe Oclaxian Empire demonstrated a lack of internal consistency in their thoughts. This is
maybe
explainable depending on the individuals who did the posts and their internal communication system. If they weren't talking to each other and if it was two different people in the system posting, it could come from town. So I'm not saying that alone makes a smoking gun.

The scumslip does though. It was possible Oclaxian Empire was simply stating "Yes, I think you're town, who determined my alignment and won't reevaluate".
Was
, but with Oclaxian Empire having , and insisting it meant the opposite, meant any benefit of the doubt was removed.

Oclaxian Empire didn't say I
knew
their alignment, accusing me of being scum.
Oclaxian Empire said I
determined
their alignment, which is a slip of the tongue revealing they know I am town.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Oclaxian Empire
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:00 pm

Ranger. Please look at how Vex Vience talks, and how Korina talks. Grim has been primarily posting, and I'm now posting.

We've had zero discussion around this game. I don't really care to reply to you currently because I'm about to be V/LA tomorrow.

VOTE: Arko

E-1, so my vote the next two days isn't useless.

#CultsArentBastard
Oclaxian Empire
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:01 pm

I don't care about this game currently, because Grim had the primary stake in playing the game.

I think you're scum. I don't like any of your posting, and I especially don't like how you're trying to defend Arko.

I think you should always die before ELO, and I think we should always die before ELO.

#CultsArentBastard
Oclaxian Empire
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:02 pm

I'm leaving now.

#CultsArentBastard
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:47 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 157, Aisa wrote: Maybe I’ll regret saying this in 2 hours’ time, but Vanders can have a townread for now…
*trembles like a leaf*

I like the lemon too but I haven’t thought about it as hard. (The lemon is AurorusVox.)
Why is giving me a townread terrifying?
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:50 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 176, Ranger wrote:
In post 159, Aisa wrote:My read on Ranger is contingent on what Arko is at the moment, I think.
Bad approach tbh. My reads are fluid. Write a case on what makes Arko scum and I'll listen. You can convince me. I simply haven't been, because Arko's content is by far the towniest in the game imo.
This is a very interesting way of wording it.
It's simultaneously stating I'm town (; "has determined", "won't reevaluate"; those aren't phrases used to describe a scum player, those are phrases describing a town player), while also taking the least-flattering reading of my .

I believe Arko-OE have interactions strongly indicating they're not scum-scum. Scum-town's possible. Town-scum's possible. Town-town's possible. Never scum-scum.
Separately, Arko is my strongest townread rn.
Separately, Oclaxian Empire's content has overall been suspect, enough to be a main scum candidate.
Arko isn't town because of OE being scum. The three points had no connection. Stating they did connect is somewhat disingenuous.
Can you explain why Arko's stuff is by far the towniest of everyone?
Because it's not obvious to me what he's done that's been super towny.
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:54 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

Oh, I see you've just explained it.

From your explanation I feel like your townread is TMI.
I don't believe that you have individual townreads on all of those Arko posts.
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:55 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 181, AurorusVox wrote:
In post 154, Arko wrote:
In post 152, AurorusVox wrote:
In post 118, Arko wrote: Morning.
UNVOTE:
Ok... 3 Votes on ox already is way too quick. It took you guys only like 12 hours past my original vote. plus, BB was against ox too so they might of voted/hammered also. That's way too quick for a game with 3 scum vs 6.
Not sure I buy this panic tbh

If scum orchestrated a quick hammer on someone at e-2 are they not just handing us the easy win since we only need to send 2 of them to hell?

Also it’s weird to me that you were focusing on ox making e-2 quickly when you were also at e-2 at the time and in fact still are?
Yes I'm E-2. I can't change that. It's bad. However, I could change ox being E-2. So I did. Found it too early when we have so much time left. If they end up acting scummier or they are on track to death, yes, I may revote them.
Like. What?

Of course you can change that, by defending the points levied against you or doing some scumhunting?

Ps I went back to iso you to see if your done these things, you offered some defence of “technically” and said you meant you were NAI for looking at “technical” reasons but that’s not how the word is used in context so this stinks of trying to cover up a mistake to me

Like how can “technically NAI” mean “NAI for technical speculation”???

Also I saw this
In post 55, Arko wrote: I think that might be E-2 By the way, let them breath for some time before voting them.
You put ox at e-2 or at least thought you did and now only later have you come back to say putting them at e-2 was shaky and too quick???

Ranger like wtf why do you townread this?

VOTE: arko

Pedit: E-2 again
I'm interested in this too.
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:57 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 188, Oclaxian Empire wrote: here actually, lemme help u with that goal:

VOTE: oclax
Stop
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:21 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 192, Oclaxian Empire wrote: I don't care about this game currently, because Grim had the primary stake in playing the game.

I think you're scum. I don't like any of your posting, and I especially don't like how you're trying to defend Arko.

I think you should always die before ELO, and I think we should always die before ELO.
I don't want you to die before ELO, I think your posts this page have been very towny.

I agree with you about that post of Ranger's being scummy, but for a different reason.

I think if Ranger had a super strong townread on Arko where they townread basically every post Arko has made this game, I think they would open with that and not the associative read of you two not being together.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”