Mini 2293: Death Note. Postgame!

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2325 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:47 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 2322, Black wrote: but as soon as me, Kawaii, and Meg all agreed StD could be Kira, he claimed. 4 people was too much and he threw out his last attempt to make us vote elsewhere. It worked on you
Yet the only person that voted was StD
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2326 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:48 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 2324, Gimli wrote: why would he prove himself as not kira if he is a follower, koki? the follower doesn't want to take himself out of potential kira candidates!

also you must realise that the power that removed std's hammer, if it came from scum, came from kira's follower. kira would never trigger it! that's one less person that can be kira!
I would do this as follower, it seems fun
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
KawaiiKame
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2327 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:49 am

Post by KawaiiKame »

In post 2324, Gimli wrote: why would he prove himself as not kira if he is a follower, koki? the follower doesn't want to take himself out of potential kira candidates!

also you must realise that the power that removed std's hammer, if it came from scum, came from kira's follower. kira would never trigger it! that's one less person that can be kira!
Do we know who used the skill?
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2328 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:49 am

Post by Black »

In post 2325, Kokichi Oma wrote:
In post 2322, Black wrote: but as soon as me, Kawaii, and Meg all agreed StD could be Kira, he claimed. 4 people was too much and he threw out his last attempt to make us vote elsewhere. It worked on you
Yet the only person that voted was StD
Look at the timestamps in my timeline post. StD claimed immediately after I cased him. He didn't give the others time to look into it. He had to get the claim out immediately so they would question voting for him

I think you should answer kawaii's question. Why do you think it's HPE?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #2329 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:49 am

Post by Black »

@Kawaii - you still think it's StD? End this madness
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2330 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:51 am

Post by Gimli »

I can maybe see it potentially being hpe? but like, let's end this madness. no one else is getting flipped today.

do it kawaii take us to postgame
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2331 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:53 am

Post by Gimli »

if its hpe, and std thought he had an ability that literally meant he is not kira as a literal follower of hpe, why the absofuckinghell would he use it?
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #2332 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:55 am

Post by Black »

In post 2331, Gimli wrote: if its hpe, and std thought he had an ability that literally meant he is not kira as a literal follower of hpe, why the absofuckinghell would he use it?
Because he was BORED lol
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2333 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:58 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

Because it took the attention off HPE and it worked
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2334 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:59 am

Post by Gimli »

IF HE THOUGHT HIS ABILITY ACTUALLY MEANT HIM NOT BEING KIRA

THEN HE'D BE OUT OF CONTENTION FOR BEING ELIMINATED

WHICH WOULD MEAN WE KILL HPE NO????
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2335 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:59 am

Post by Gimli »

you think std thought his ability meant an inno from him being kira, but if he thought that why would he use it as a follower? wouldn't we just kill hpe if that was the case? or something?
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #2336 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:00 am

Post by Black »

In post 2333, Kokichi Oma wrote: Because it took the attention off HPE and it worked
You mentioned our responsibility to find Kira. Why don't you case why HPE is Kira? "I just think it's him" isn't really doing it for me...
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #2337 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:02 am

Post by Black »

I've cased StD and explained my position fully. My responsibility is over
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
KawaiiKame
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2338 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:02 am

Post by KawaiiKame »

In post 1892, Save The Dragons wrote: i think in my mind as a follower, i would attempt to distance but do it lightly, i wouldn't try to signal because it's too risky, especially if i knew i'd likely have to fall on my sword for kira at some point. i think that makes HPE more likely than Gimli, with HPE hoping the anonymous note would stir the pot and push us towards gimli.

i think that's where my head's at atm but i want to think it through some more.
In post 1896, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 1889, KawaiiKame wrote: Vander had systematic logic the whole game, coming to the most reasonable conclusions, so I see Vander accepting HPE's explanation as is at face value since it makes sense logically, I feel Vand may have let off HPE too easily since he pursued everyone else but it's hard to say he didn't back off HPE with logic alone
oh wait a minute

do you think tossing a softball and having HPE knock it down for Vander to be like "you're right daddy kira" could have been a signal to HPE that Vander was a follower or is that too big brain
If HPE is Kira and STD is a follower why is STD soft implicating HPE as Kira?
Does STD lightly distance anyone? HPE is barely mentioned at all by STD
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2339 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:02 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 2004, HighPrincessErinys wrote:
In post 1981, Gimli wrote: hpe is playing like a follower would, trying 1v1s, being loud, acting obtusely. I don't think that's how kira would behave.
This one is trying to 1v1 you because it firmly and staunchly believes you to be Kira you meatball. The way you keep trying to wrap everything around your finger, spinning StD as Kira and this one as their follower... It's an admittedly good play, Black's said as much, but the way you're going about it, your tone, and what you were doing BEFORE settling on that possibility, give the impression of absolutely zero good faith. You're very much trying to muddy the waters rather than simply go for the throat on an easy elimination (Not that you didn't try) because it gives everyone else the impression that you're some kind of town paragon making the biggest brained solve of all time or whatever the fuck, which of course seems to be helping your odds the way you're shaking up Black.
this is a post I'm townreading hpe strongly off of and I'll note that it's a bad position to take if hpe is kira. it could just consider std as a possibility instead of staying in its tunnels.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #2340 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:03 am

Post by Black »

In post 2335, Gimli wrote: you think std thought his ability meant an inno from him being kira, but if he thought that why would he use it as a follower? wouldn't we just kill hpe if that was the case? or something?
He could use it as a follower if we really want to believe he was bored with winning the game. I don't buy it though
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
KawaiiKame
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2341 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:14 am

Post by KawaiiKame »

I'm failing to see any evidence that HPE is Kira,
In post 1796, Enchant wrote:
We interrupting night news, because there's important message for us to show:

Spoiler: Public Announcement
"Hello, everyone. Person who rolled Public Announcement here. I just wanted to take the time to use it to give my thoughts here and now, in the event I die tonight for any reason. After reviewing Vanderscamp and Lorne's ISOs, I just want to say that I'm about 99% confident Gimli is Kira. Vanderscamp's odds of being a Follower are extremely high as I greatly doubt he would've counterclaimed Assistant like that as a Taskforce Member, and he physically could not be the actual Assistant as he would have known it was the Detective making the claim. So going off of that, it's clear to see that he very much was a 'yes man' to Gimli. Looking at his ISO, Gimli is mentioned 113 times in Ctrl+F, though some are of course from Gimli's actual posts, but either way most of these mentions are Vanderscamp gassing up Gimli: Sheeping or agreeing with his reads, vouching for his towniness, speaking of how he's not Kira/Scum or is a bad choice for elimination. In general, he was an extremely adamant defender of Gimli, and it surprises me that no one seems to particularly notice this when multiple slots raised eyebrows when StD came to Malakitten's defense, or when people came to KawaiiKame's defense. The same goes for Lorne Malvo, who despite being a mostly joking around not-so-serious slot, was unusually supportive of Gimli. Again, in a kind of shitposter way, but still it's there. As far as I'm aware, very few people have been as much of hardline supporters of Gimli as these two, let alone so consistently. Both have had minor disagreements with him, but the majority of their interactions with him are support and defense. Gimli has seemingly picked up on this, as he prominently defended Vanderscamp and tried to refute/discredit Malakittens during twilight after the Condemn. Lorne is the one out of place, as Gimli doesn't seem to do a lot in his favor, though obviously Kira is under no true obligation to protect his followers, and propping up Lorne as an elimination on a future day could be beneficial if he comes under pressure, a compromise vote or some such, or maybe an excuse to flip a switch and start townreading/towncasing him. Regardless, Vanderscamp's likelihood of being a Follower to Gimli is extremely high, and if you dislike the odds on the Malvo slot being one, then I offer an alternative: MegAzumarill. MegAzumarill, honestly on a second blush, is perhaps an even sturdier case for Follower, as they don't particularly say anything ill against Gimli, and similarly Gimli townreads them for a large percentage of the game outside of a single incident of suddenly doing a heel-face turn and wanting to eliminate MegAzumarill for a very short period of time (which he later said wasn't really a good play as is, and that he was just frustrated at the time) and some very minor incidents that can happen to even the best of genuine mutual townreads in any game. I have to personally admit that MegAzumarill is a townread of mine, but at the same time this analysis has given me a very good reason to also believe she is a deepwolfing Kira!Gimli follower. Anyway, I think I've rambled in hilarious and longwinded fashion enough now, so I will bid you all a good rest of the Night Phase now. And please do consider this carefully, too."
Feels genuinely solvey, same with the 1 v 1 with Gimli, HPE feels town
KawaiiKame
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2342 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:17 am

Post by KawaiiKame »

In post 2310, Kokichi Oma wrote: VOTE: HPE

I'll vote who I think it is, that way if we lose it's not on me
Please make the case that HPE is Kira, I'm failing to see the evidence since the HPE case was built on association/emotion
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2343 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:18 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 2341, KawaiiKame wrote: I'm failing to see any evidence that HPE is Kira,
In post 1796, Enchant wrote:
We interrupting night news, because there's important message for us to show:

Spoiler: Public Announcement
"Hello, everyone. Person who rolled Public Announcement here. I just wanted to take the time to use it to give my thoughts here and now, in the event I die tonight for any reason. After reviewing Vanderscamp and Lorne's ISOs, I just want to say that I'm about 99% confident Gimli is Kira. Vanderscamp's odds of being a Follower are extremely high as I greatly doubt he would've counterclaimed Assistant like that as a Taskforce Member, and he physically could not be the actual Assistant as he would have known it was the Detective making the claim. So going off of that, it's clear to see that he very much was a 'yes man' to Gimli. Looking at his ISO, Gimli is mentioned 113 times in Ctrl+F, though some are of course from Gimli's actual posts, but either way most of these mentions are Vanderscamp gassing up Gimli: Sheeping or agreeing with his reads, vouching for his towniness, speaking of how he's not Kira/Scum or is a bad choice for elimination. In general, he was an extremely adamant defender of Gimli, and it surprises me that no one seems to particularly notice this when multiple slots raised eyebrows when StD came to Malakitten's defense, or when people came to KawaiiKame's defense. The same goes for Lorne Malvo, who despite being a mostly joking around not-so-serious slot, was unusually supportive of Gimli. Again, in a kind of shitposter way, but still it's there. As far as I'm aware, very few people have been as much of hardline supporters of Gimli as these two, let alone so consistently. Both have had minor disagreements with him, but the majority of their interactions with him are support and defense. Gimli has seemingly picked up on this, as he prominently defended Vanderscamp and tried to refute/discredit Malakittens during twilight after the Condemn. Lorne is the one out of place, as Gimli doesn't seem to do a lot in his favor, though obviously Kira is under no true obligation to protect his followers, and propping up Lorne as an elimination on a future day could be beneficial if he comes under pressure, a compromise vote or some such, or maybe an excuse to flip a switch and start townreading/towncasing him. Regardless, Vanderscamp's likelihood of being a Follower to Gimli is extremely high, and if you dislike the odds on the Malvo slot being one, then I offer an alternative: MegAzumarill. MegAzumarill, honestly on a second blush, is perhaps an even sturdier case for Follower, as they don't particularly say anything ill against Gimli, and similarly Gimli townreads them for a large percentage of the game outside of a single incident of suddenly doing a heel-face turn and wanting to eliminate MegAzumarill for a very short period of time (which he later said wasn't really a good play as is, and that he was just frustrated at the time) and some very minor incidents that can happen to even the best of genuine mutual townreads in any game. I have to personally admit that MegAzumarill is a townread of mine, but at the same time this analysis has given me a very good reason to also believe she is a deepwolfing Kira!Gimli follower. Anyway, I think I've rambled in hilarious and longwinded fashion enough now, so I will bid you all a good rest of the Night Phase now. And please do consider this carefully, too."
Feels genuinely solvey, same with the 1 v 1 with Gimli, HPE feels town
yeah I agree
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #2344 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:20 am

Post by Black »

Hopefully Kokichi has disappeared to go make his case. I find it disingenuous that he's accusing me of not trying to find Kira when I was part of the push against StD that made him crack
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2345 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:22 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

gimli i already explained that
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #2346 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:24 am

Post by Black »

Also keep in mind that StD's original reason for claiming was that he was bored and didn't want to win right away. If we assume this to be true then why would StD then vote himself to try and win faster? It's all theatre. StD is Kira playing mind games with you
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2347 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:26 am