Mini 2295 | Star Trek uPick - Fin!

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Rogue
Rogue
Mafia Scum
Rogue
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:29 pm

Post by Rogue »

Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:32 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 534, xyzzy wrote: fwiw, in response to GreyICE a post or two later, if someone asked me to coordinate RVS like that as scum, I'd probably be like "sure, whatever, let's do it," but I would never originate a plan like that on my own
Uhhhhhhh. That post. I came back here to muse about what Grey's "I'm probably a miller" claim meant in context of there being a 3P which LLD suspects he belongs to. And now you remind us of this post where he comments about the borg. My head is spinning.
for the record, I wasn't dodging the question so much as being dismissive of it. that being said, to me the function of RVS is to create tension that can be shaped into reads. voting in a way that creates tension pushes the game in the direction of having things actually happen. jumping on the hebichan wagon turns that wagon into a Thing The Game Is About, which in turn lets people generate reads.
So you just grab a random wagon, try to drive it up really high really fast, and hope nothing bad happens? Is this your normal playstyle?
don't love this! reads very youth pastor trying to be cool with the teens in a scummy way

Hey now! Scumread me if you want, but I draw the line at calling me a "youth pastor"! :evil:
I don't care for the "that was pocketing?" comment. on the one hand I'd be willing to believe that Aureal genuinely isn't sure whether daytalk is a default thing or how PTs work. on the other hand I still get such bad vibes from 359, and this doesn't really mitigate those.

Is it on the site somewhere that it's a default thing??? I'm not even sure where to look for that! It seems extremely common but my experience could be misdirecting me. Many games explicitly state that mafia can communicate at all times- it's required to be stated for Normal games according to the Encryptor wiki page, and I've only played Normals and Opens.

Why are we even arguing about this??
changed my mind from 406. this is town LLD
Are you saying that because you think she's right or wrong or just the way she says it?
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:33 pm

Post by Black »

So if I am understanding this correctly... if hebi's faction wins, town does not lose? I do not know if hebi is being 100% truthful about the claim and I think it would be in her best interest to leave some stuff out. I think this is a good lim option but I do not think we rush it

@hebi is gaining your dead faction members abilities unique to your role or do the other people in your faction have that power too?

Also maybe you said this and I missed it but does your neighborization thingy recruit them to the faction and count toward the numerical parity?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
hebichan
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her/Hisss

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:35 pm

Post by hebichan »

In post 552, Black wrote: So if I am understanding this correctly... if hebi's faction wins, town does not lose? I do not know if hebi is being 100% truthful about the claim and I think it would be in her best interest to leave some stuff out. I think this is a good lim option but I do not think we rush it

@hebi is gaining your dead faction members abilities unique to your role or do the other people in your faction have that power too?

Also maybe you said this and I missed it but does your neighborization thingy recruit them to the faction and count toward the numerical parity?
It doesn't recruit them to the faction, no idea if it counts to my win con.

My ability to gain my dead members powers only counts to the other borg in my faction, no other borg. It specifically names the player and not the role.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:36 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 541, Rogue wrote: Aureal have you played recent games? Iirc you said you’ve been on site for a while

I played regularly for a year in 2005-2006 and came back in December. So yes, played some recent games and still struggling in some ways with the new meta.
hebichan
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:36 pm

Post by hebichan »

And yes its unique to me. Doesn't work for them if I die.
Rogue
Rogue
Mafia Scum
Rogue
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:36 pm

Post by Rogue »

I wonder if it’s just a “only hebi leaves the game” situation
hebichan
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:38 pm

Post by hebichan »

In post 546, GreyICE wrote: So a non-town claim.

Vote: Hebi

I will not go into a long explanation of why this is always, always, always, always the correct move. A brief summary:

- The moderator has not confirmed the existence of a non-hostile, non-town faction. There's no evidence it exists. There's a known non-town faction - it's Mafia. Occam's Razor.
- Fferyllt likes fairly vanilla roles. For instance their design document for Tarot Mafia, despite having an incredibly complicated picking procedure, has mostly "modified vanilla" roles: viewtopic.php?p=12857475#p12857475
- It's a mini normal, 13 players doesn't give much room for a non-town, non-hostile faction.
-
It's day 1, we're guaranteed not to eliminate town by doing this

The last one should be the only one that matters.
Also as someone who doesn't regularly play fferey upicks I can tell you this does not fit the experience of my role at all. Nothing semi vanilla about it.
Rogue
Rogue
Mafia Scum
Rogue
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:41 pm

Post by Rogue »

I kinda wanna dig into that part of his claim myself bc I feel like last tarot everyone had fucking nuts roles
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:43 pm

Post by Black »

Not a fan of LLD's doc leading in but other than this I TR this slot for the most part and I like their posts during the hebi reveal in particular

Frogs echoing the doc lead in feels bad. The case on me feels weak and forced, like someone put red glasses on and read my iso

Agree with Aureal in for pointing out the doc lead

Strong townread on xyzzy's . I like the tone here

@Rogue I also have a recent game with Aureal. I mentioned earlier she seems different but I cannot tell if it is AI

I like Grey's stance on hebi in . A hebi elim is not a town elim, and in the chance that hebi is lying about winning the game and leaving then we should probably think about reducing the Borg's numbers
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:44 pm

Post by Black »

In post 555, hebichan wrote: And yes its unique to me. Doesn't work for them if I die.
So you are the leader then?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
hebichan
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:45 pm

Post by hebichan »

In post 559, Black wrote: Not a fan of LLD's doc leading in but other than this I TR this slot for the most part and I like their posts during the hebi reveal in particular

Frogs echoing the doc lead in feels bad. The case on me feels weak and forced, like someone put red glasses on and read my iso

Agree with Aureal in for pointing out the doc lead

Strong townread on xyzzy's . I like the tone here

@Rogue I also have a recent game with Aureal. I mentioned earlier she seems different but I cannot tell if it is AI

I like Grey's stance on hebi in . A hebi elim is not a town elim, and in the chance that hebi is lying about winning the game and leaving then we should probably think about reducing the Borg's numbers
Again...not in a borg faction. My ability specifically targets borg flavor.
KawaiiKame
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:46 pm

Post by KawaiiKame »

In post 546, GreyICE wrote: So a non-town claim.

Vote: Hebi

I will not go into a long explanation of why this is always, always, always, always the correct move. A brief summary:

- The moderator has not confirmed the existence of a non-hostile, non-town faction. There's no evidence it exists. There's a known non-town faction - it's Mafia. Occam's Razor.
- Fferyllt likes fairly vanilla roles. For instance their design document for Tarot Mafia, despite having an incredibly complicated picking procedure, has mostly "modified vanilla" roles: viewtopic.php?p=12857475#p12857475
- It's a mini normal, 13 players doesn't give much room for a non-town, non-hostile faction.
-
It's day 1, we're guaranteed not to eliminate town by doing this

The last one should be the only one that matters.
I want to leave hebichi alive so she can confirm to me in the night since I'm borg but you right, this is the best move, non-town is non-town
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:46 pm

Post by Black »

Sorry hebi...this is all pretty confusing to me so I may be getting stuff wrong here
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
hebichan
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:46 pm

Post by hebichan »

In post 560, Black wrote:
In post 555, hebichan wrote: And yes its unique to me. Doesn't work for them if I die.
So you are the leader then?
I'm the liason, as I said before
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:47 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

People who are questioning my request to be doctored: Why is that so bothersome to you?

I'm very likely to be shot, I'm very strongly townread and I've found and outed a whole unknown faction by day 1. Living to day 2 gives me a chance to aide the town even further.

Yet no one has given counter reasons why I shouldn't be protected or this shouldn't be done. Just generally claims of "not liking it"

so money where your mouth is time
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Rogue
Rogue
Mafia Scum
Rogue
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:48 pm

Post by Rogue »

I don’t think I’ve had this flavor of Mountain Dew before
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:49 pm

In post 566, Rogue wrote: I don’t think I’ve had this flavor of Mountain Dew before
ahahahhahahahahhahah

<3

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Rogue
Rogue
Mafia Scum
Rogue
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:50 pm

Post by Rogue »

Just lemme know when you need our vote

Don’t tell Mala tho
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:51 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 565, Lady Lambdadelta wrote: People who are questioning my request to be doctored: Why is that so bothersome to you?

I'm very likely to be shot, I'm very strongly townread and I've found and outed a whole unknown faction by day 1. Living to day 2 gives me a chance to aide the town even further.

Yet no one has given counter reasons why I shouldn't be protected or this shouldn't be done. Just generally claims of "not liking it"

Hell why not, I'll doctor you if I have one. Seems like a good move to me.

If the mafia want to shoot me night 1 after the only thing they know about my role being a miller claim, they can have at it.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:51 pm

In post 568, Rogue wrote: Just lemme know when you need our vote

Don’t tell Mala tho
aight bet

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:52 pm

In post 569, GreyICE wrote:
In post 565, Lady Lambdadelta wrote: People who are questioning my request to be doctored: Why is that so bothersome to you?

Hell why not, I'll doctor you if I have one. Seems like a good move to me.

If the mafia want to shoot me night 1 after the only thing they know about my role being a miller claim, they can have at it.
yeah I feel this way about you 100%

if Mafia wanna resolve your miller shit for us they're welcome to do it

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Frogs
Frogs
Goon
Frogs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:53 pm

Post by Frogs »

I mean I think Black is just a wolf
I basically say ya voting Hebi is the optimal play earlier.
Anyone could like Grey for saying that a Hebi elim is not a town elim. I don't think this is a particularly alignment indicative statement for Grey.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:53 pm

Post by Black »

I do not necessarily disagree that you are the best doc option, it just pings me when people ask for protection so bluntly
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:54 pm