Micro 1075: The Coalition of Imaginary Creatures (Game over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:55 am

Post by Bingle »

^I don't mean to imply that patchwerk is scum with that post, and think the caution is NAI. I actually like that patch seems to be starting with familiar faces given the coalition mechanic.
Deltabreedy
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:27 am

Post by Deltabreedy »

I think it's NAI, but dropping the 'Newbtown' as a qualified when discussing my play will only serve to delegitimise reads and arguments that I develop further down the line. I'd appreciate you recanting and reconsidering the wording.
Refer to me as 'Delta' or 'Tom'. Cheers! |
'Black, if you're scum, I'll eat my shoe.'
Never forget

Regular V/LA Wednesday evenings and Thursday all day (UTC+1)
|
GTKAS
Deltabreedy
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:28 am

Post by Deltabreedy »

EBWOP: as a qualifier*

Cheers autocorrect.
Never forget

|
GTKAS
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:40 am

Post by Keychain »

In post 126, Deltabreedy wrote: I think it's NAI, but dropping the 'Newbtown' as a qualified when discussing my play will only serve to delegitimise reads and arguments that I develop further down the line. I'd appreciate you recanting and reconsidering the wording.
big fan of this response :lol: feels like a very town thing to be concerned about, not sure scum would immediately identify that as an issue. plus generally agreeing with the Bingle analysis on Delta there HEAL: Deltabreedy
You're under no obligation to be the same person you were 5 minutes ago.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:48 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 126, Deltabreedy wrote: I think it's NAI, but dropping the 'Newbtown' as a qualified when discussing my play will only serve to delegitimise reads and arguments that I develop further down the line. I'd appreciate you recanting and reconsidering the wording.
Disagree strongly. Newbtown frequently have better reads than established players. The only real change is how they're likely to react to certain situations, like injokes between fogeys.
Deltabreedy
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:50 am

Post by Deltabreedy »

Whilst that may be your interpretation - my fear is that to others it'll potentially be a useful stick with which to parry me later in the game.

Naturally you can't go back and take it back but yeah.
Never forget

|
GTKAS
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:52 am

Post by patchwork »

wait mod what happens if we reach a lim before we vote on a coalition
lolhammer count: 3
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:52 am

Post by patchwork »

In post 99, Keychain wrote: I guess I don't find this particularly AI personally - it could also be that Delta is one of the players patch is familiar with here so it's easier to engage with him over his arguments but separately from whatever read they end up with.
yeah i'm familiar with his play but i can't really talk about it because. yk. oot
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:53 am

Post by patchwork »

In post 124, Bingle wrote: There explicitly is a decent town motivation for not being in your proposed coalition. I very much doubt Kame knows what it is or believes it.
but if you're town and your coalition doesn't that mean you only have to hunt for four towns?
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:54 am

Post by patchwork »

In post 124, Bingle wrote: Dunn's chainsaw of Key feels off. I don't think it's damning of Dunn, but I do think it's a strong reason to believe Dunn/Kame is not a S/S pair. For this reason, I would like 0-1 of them in the coalition. Dunn, what specifically about Key's reasoning on Kame do you think is scum indicative. I get not agreeing, but why is it scummy?
wait someone's chainsawing?
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:55 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 133, patchwork wrote: but if you're town and your coalition doesn't that mean you only have to hunt for four towns?
That is the reason to include yourself in the coalition, yes. I'm explicitly not interested in talking about the reason for not including yourself in your coalition at this time.

Note: I am in fact including myself in my coalition.
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:55 am

Post by patchwork »

In post 124, Bingle wrote: I'm fairly certain on my Delta townread at this point. His play has all the hallmarks of newbtown dropped into an established lobby. Yes, I understand the previous experience, but I think that would, if anything, increase the amount of trepidation about being this open and gung ho with reads when there's clearly a lot of baggage in the thread. Contrast patchwerk, who's posting seems very careful. I think either Delta is very confident in his scumgame or just town here, and I'm just not feeling big ego energy.
he's not newbtown lol though i can agree on this townread, to me delta's vibes feels very organic
huh wait out of curiosity how do i seem careful
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:56 am

Post by Keychain »

In post 129, Bingle wrote:
Disagree strongly. Newbtown frequently have better reads than established players. The only real change is how they're likely to react to certain situations, like injokes between fogeys.
sometimes new players are also vulnerable to townreading explanations more than they should, but being new (to the site or mafia) shouldn't in itself a reason for people to doubt you yeah
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:56 am

Post by patchwork »

In post 135, Bingle wrote:
In post 133, patchwork wrote: but if you're town and your coalition doesn't that mean you only have to hunt for four towns?
That is the reason to include yourself in the coalition, yes. I'm explicitly not interested in talking about the reason for not including yourself in your coalition at this time.

Note: I am in fact including myself in my coalition.
why not?
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:57 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 134, patchwork wrote: wait someone's chainsawing?
Dunn attacked Key for questioning the Kame. I don't think it makes Dunn scum, but I do think it makes Dunn and Kame not S/S.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:58 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 138, patchwork wrote:why not?
Because I intend to use the information that makes it reasonable later in the game and don't want scum to play around it and also because if Kame starts arguing it it's slightly town indicative.
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:00 pm

Post by patchwork »

In post 140, Bingle wrote:
In post 138, patchwork wrote:why not?
Because I intend to use the information that makes it reasonable later in the game and don't want scum to play around it and also because if Kame starts arguing it it's slightly town indicative.
ok , but bring it up when it's relevant because it doesn't really make sense to me atm. maybe i'll figure it out sometime but i don't see how including yourself in your coalition or not is specifically alignment-indicative
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:01 pm

Post by patchwork »

In post 139, Bingle wrote:
In post 134, patchwork wrote: wait someone's chainsawing?
Dunn attacked Key for questioning the Kame. I don't think it makes Dunn scum, but I do think it makes Dunn and Kame not S/S.
i need to reread rq i think i missed that
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:03 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 70, patchwork wrote: i dont really like this aggressive coalition building but tbh there’s no harm in it
don’t really have time to think about the game run but ill get back soon
In post 71, patchwork wrote:
In post 68, Deltabreedy wrote: As an addendum, I don't see a single original thought from any of this post. Umlaut's #63 is a lot of words that broadly say 'I agree' or 'I disagree'. No attempt at game-solving.

Post #65 above has a question for (I think) Northside, wherein they agree that the post is bad, but are looking more towards me than the person that posted it? Odd.

--

Ninja'd:
One thing that I also don't particularly like is the quotation out of context by Bingle. The quote should read
The fact that I think it was a prepared post gives me bad vibes
not
it was a prepared post
Delta it is page 3 why do you expect people to be gamesolving at like
60 posts
Representative careful posts. Overall, you seem hesitant to commit to anything. There's a lot of questioning and not a lot of actual explanation. There's a lot of emphasis on trying to figure things out and not a lot on sharing your conclusions.

The thing is that scum who aren't immediately confident in their scumgame (either because they're playing with new people or because they've never played before) are slightly more likely to play this way. The longer someone has been in a meta, the less this tell matters.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:03 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 103, Dunnstral wrote: HURT: Keychain

I am a bit concerned that I don't like some of your posts and I feel better about patchwork and KawaiiKame than I do about you right now. I am reading KawaiiKame's posts differently than you are (they should explain what they are doing though)
^chainsaw post.
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:07 pm

Post by Keychain »

Also before I go to bed:
In post 131, patchwork wrote: wait mod what happens if we reach a lim before we vote on a coalition
Not the mod but coalition has to happen first. From Coalition section of game rules
In post 1, lilith2013 wrote: During the Coalition phase, elimination votes will still be counted but no elimination can occur until a coalition has been locked in.
I do wonder if that means if we're at elimination majority then we lock in a coalition that fails, does the elimination immediately happen? We should probably avoid that
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:12 pm

Post by patchwork »

In post 143, Bingle wrote: Representative careful posts. Overall, you seem hesitant to commit to anything. There's a lot of questioning and not a lot of actual explanation. There's a lot of emphasis on trying to figure things out and not a lot on sharing your conclusions.

The thing is that scum who aren't immediately confident in their scumgame (either because they're playing with new people or because they've never played before) are slightly more likely to play this way. The longer someone has been in a meta, the less this tell matters.

oh, that's fair. i try to share how i feel, usually, but at the moment i don't have many large conclusions, i'm mostly just chillin here and trying to figure out what's going on with the players because it's still earlygame and i'm unsure quite what i should be talking about. like discussion = good but it's a litlte hard to contribute when you have no idea what to talk about. maybe i'll flip a coin sometime to determine who to case sometime.
on the meta thing, sadly i have to say i like playing as scum more than town and often tend to be fairly confident in my scumgames
In post 144, Bingle wrote: ^chainsaw post.
thanks
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:12 pm

Post by patchwork »

In post 145, Keychain wrote: Also before I go to bed:
In post 131, patchwork wrote: wait mod what happens if we reach a lim before we vote on a coalition
Not the mod but coalition has to happen first. From Coalition section of game rules
In post 1, lilith2013 wrote: During the Coalition phase, elimination votes will still be counted but no elimination can occur until a coalition has been locked in.
I do wonder if that means if we're at elimination majority then we lock in a coalition that fails, does the elimination immediately happen? We should probably avoid that
oh so voting is dumb
well that reminds me hold up
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:15 pm

Post by patchwork »

almost forgot about this! thanks
delta why did you vote me? you didn't really provide a reason as to why and i don't want to jump to assumptions about why. but to me it seems like you voted me because i was pointing out the flaws in your sr on nsg (even though you invited people to criticize it). or was it because i thought it was a little silly for you to try and scumread people for minimal activity at page three? it's page three, obviously players are still going to be messing around in rvs or fluffing. maybe it's a difference in site culture but idk i cant help but notice that in like literally every game you're in you drag everyone out of rvs real early and idk why you do that
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:34 pm

Post by Bingle »

Mild scumread of patchwork at this point, btw.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”