Micro 1075: The Coalition of Imaginary Creatures (Game over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:31 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 199, Deltabreedy wrote: What is happening
William Hill fined record £19.2m for failing to protect customers

The betting group is penalised for lack of controls on new accounts and weak anti-money laundering procedures
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Deltabreedy
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:33 pm

Post by Deltabreedy »

Why are you posting headlines from the BBC News App

Is this literally your contribution to the game after 4 IRL days of it being live, are you doing a bit or is this just how it's going to be?
Refer to me as 'Delta' or 'Tom'. Cheers! |
'Black, if you're scum, I'll eat my shoe.'
Never forget

Regular V/LA Wednesday evenings and Thursday all day (UTC+1)
|
GTKAS
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:35 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 201, Deltabreedy wrote: Why are you posting headlines from the BBC News App
You asked broseph
In post 201, Deltabreedy wrote:Is this literally your contribution to the game after 4 IRL days of it being live, are you doing a bit or is this just how it's going to be?
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Deltabreedy
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:40 pm

Post by Deltabreedy »

This kind of play is just going to annoy me, I won't lie.

It's objectively anti-town - maybe not scummy, but it's objectively anti-town to not justify your viewpoints, and commit to a bit instead of any actual contribution.

There's no-one called river in the game.
Never forget

|
GTKAS
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:40 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

There is if you really think about it
Deltabreedy
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:54 pm

Post by Deltabreedy »

This got old quick.
Never forget

|
GTKAS
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:01 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 31, Deltabreedy wrote: I've been playing Mafia for around 10 years, I started in forum mafia, with a brief stint in a few forums elsewhere then I started hosting Mafia sessions IRL, I played EpicMafia and I host/mod a few for some friends on TTS every blue moon. I'm new to MS so I'm a bit green when it comes to how it's played.
In post 150, Deltabreedy wrote: It's ridiculous that you're complaining that I 'drag people out of RVS'. RVS is a useless stage that the scumteam will seek to prolong as long as possible.
Deltabreedy
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:19 am

Post by Deltabreedy »

Not-Mafia shouldn't be allowed to get anywhere near a coalition.
Never forget

|
GTKAS
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:20 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 207, Deltabreedy wrote: Not-Mafia
Deltabreedy
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:25 am

Post by Deltabreedy »

Can you even half-arse an effort to take this seriously. I get the sense that this is just trolling at this stage.
Never forget

|
GTKAS
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:26 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

I am taking this seriously, I've given reads and a co-alition
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:27 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

And I've nominated an excellent candidate for elimination
Deltabreedy
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:31 am

Post by Deltabreedy »

You haven't, you've been very deliberately obtuse, objectively anti-town and you've been trolling. There's no justifications for your coalition or for your reads and you're replying in sh*te memes and riddles in an effort to what, appear interesting? Aloof? Above it all?

It doesn't allow any commentary or critique of your reads, and the fact that you're evading rather than engaging with me is the worst part, because trying to look at your play and deciding whether it's scum or town-motivated is just an invitiation to fall into a WIFOM hole.
Never forget

|
GTKAS
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:33 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

How am I evading you? We're having a back and forth discussion
Deltabreedy
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:33 am

Post by Deltabreedy »

Honestly after the coalition phase, if you continue like this I'll advocate for a policy lim on the basis that this play is anti-town and unreadable. At least then I'll be able to focus without any noise and scumhunt.

Ninja'd: This isn't a discussion, don't be so deliberately obtuse.
Never forget

|
GTKAS
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:37 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 214, Deltabreedy wrote: Honestly after the coalition phase, if you continue like this I'll advocate for a policy lim on the basis that this play is anti-town and unreadable. At least then I'll be able to focus without any noise and scumhunt.

Ninja'd: This isn't a discussion, don't be so deliberately obtuse.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:37 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 214, Deltabreedy wrote: Honestly after the coalition phase, if you continue like this I'll advocate for a policy lim on the basis that this play is anti-town and unreadable. At least then I'll be able to focus without any noise and scumhunt.
You walked into the party, like you were walking onto a yacht
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:38 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

What about my scumhunting?
Deltabreedy
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:40 am

Post by Deltabreedy »

When you start I'll be able to pass comment.
Never forget

|
GTKAS
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:41 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 218, Deltabreedy wrote: When you start I'll be able to pass comment.
Your hat strategically dipped below one eye, your scarf it was apricot
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:36 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 208, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 207, Deltabreedy wrote: Not-Mafia
Hi Mary Jo Lisa.

I can’t help but notice your reads list is an inversion of mine. Have you been standing on your head again?
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:46 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 210, Not_Mafia wrote: I am taking this seriously, I've given reads and a co-alition
This is true, btw. NM is playing as NM plays. It is frustrating as hell and unhelpful sometimes, but he genuinely does play to win.

River is almost certainly deltabreedy, as a river delta is formed when a river deposits silt at the outlet.
Deltabreedy
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:53 am

Post by Deltabreedy »

If I have to do a riddle every time they make a point or cast a vote, then I'm going to policy lim them purely for being unreadable. I can't scumhunt with this utterly opaque anti-town shitposting in my face.

VOTE: Not_Mafia
Never forget

|
GTKAS
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:17 am

Post by Umlaut »

Spoiler: Long catchup
In post 126, Deltabreedy wrote: I think it's NAI, but dropping the 'Newbtown' as a qualified when discussing my play will only serve to delegitimise reads and arguments that I develop further down the line. I'd appreciate you recanting and reconsidering the wording.
UNVOTE: Delta
Town response to a townread (this is one of my pet tells)
In post 143, Bingle wrote:Representative careful posts [by patchwork]. Overall, you seem hesitant to commit to anything. There's a lot of questioning and not a lot of actual explanation. There's a lot of emphasis on trying to figure things out and not a lot on sharing your conclusions.

The thing is that scum who aren't immediately confident in their scumgame (either because they're playing with new people or because they've never played before) are slightly more likely to play this way. The longer someone has been in a meta, the less this tell matters.
I can buy this as a legit read but I think this is a very weak tell at best. Low confidence and hesitance to give conclusions can come from town just as easily. Or, like, nearly as easily anyway.
In post 144, Bingle wrote:
In post 103, Dunnstral wrote: HURT: Keychain

I am a bit concerned that I don't like some of your posts and I feel better about patchwork and KawaiiKame than I do about you right now. I am reading KawaiiKame's posts differently than you are (they should explain what they are doing though)
^chainsaw post.
This on the other hand is a bad read
In post 150, Deltabreedy wrote: It's ridiculous that you're complaining that I 'drag people out of RVS'. RVS is a useless stage that the scumteam will seek to prolong as long as possible.

The post I SR'd you for intimates that I oughtn't be trying to game-solve early in the game which is absolute tosh.
I agree about RVS but I disagree that that's what patch was doing.
In post 162, northsidegal wrote: for me personally it always puts me in an uncomfortable position when i'm playing with players for whom i have no expectations of their ability to play scum (i.e. alts or newer players).

i also find it helpful to think about this game in terms of whom to exclude, rather than to include. to repeat myself, outrageous things don't immediately make someone scum, but i do genuinely think that kame's behavior so far gives a decent argument for exclusion. in , kame claims to have read the entire game up to that point, come to townread the people they healed, and already have decided that they're not going to get in the coalition that eventually passes. bluntly, even if this is true, i find it strange that kame would have done all that and not actually commented on anything while reading through
I like this post, kind of how I was feeling about them too though I was waiting to see more from them first.
In post 172, Bingle wrote:Overall, Dunn doesn't seem like he's pushing a narrative or playing with an agenda, and while he's certainly capable of faking this as scum (or used to be) I think this is page 3 town.
I like how Bingle is not taking a one-sided position on Dunn, I may have misread the above "chainsaw post" as a more serious scumread than it actually was.
In post 176, Bingle wrote: If I were to make a coalition right now it'd be me, delta, dunn, nsg, umlaut. Yes, I'm aware that this is not the 5 people I think are towniest.
Don't really understand this... I can think of reasons why you would pick a coalition other than the five towniest people but I don't know if they're the reasons you have.
In post 181, patchwork wrote:
In post 175, Bingle wrote:
In post 167, patchwork wrote: i took what you said as criticism lol not like "omg this is what people want me to do so i am doing it now"
As an aside, trying to change your playstyle to satisfy the expectations of others is likely to cripple your scumhunting effectiveness and not worth the time. Do what you need to do to find scum.
it's not supposed to satisfy you, you pointed out i was being conservative (no, not in the republican way) when i was unaware of that so i went ahead and tried to chaneg that, idk how youre reading it that way
This feels genuine to me.
In post 186, northsidegal wrote: @umlaut, what is your read on kame?

I was going to say "I don't have much read on Kame, could be scum but need to see more" but after looking closer at what's there I actually think they're looking kind of scummy to me. and are both unpleasantly conciliatory and the other posts are really saying nothing about the game state... in particular seems to be responding to a question about their coalition picks by justifying
why they are playing this way
instead of explaining why those people are town.
In post 188, Keychain wrote: HURT: Umlaut
More because I'm feeling an absence atm than anything else.
Rude!

(I get it but it's annoying to take one night off Mafia and see people react this way)
I'm always happy to policy N_M but realistically we are probably limming out from the coalition if it fails.

(Also the wording here is funny but I'll worry about that later)

“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:18 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 222, Deltabreedy wrote: If I have to do a riddle every time they make a point or cast a vote, then I'm going to policy lim them purely for being unreadable. I can't scumhunt with this utterly opaque anti-town shitposting in my face.

VOTE: Not_Mafia
Believe it or not, you get used to it.

This is a big improvement over the "posting only to quickhammer" N_M of a few years ago.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”