Micro 1075: The Coalition of Imaginary Creatures (Game over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:13 am

Post by Keychain »

Is that the main source of your scumread on me north?

Also sorry Delta, she's right in that you absolutely would be
the
buddy mark for me this game for sure if I were scum here, as you do seem to push things that feel "antitown" like being confusing and you respond well to explanations. regardless of if you're new or not
You're under no obligation to be the same person you were 5 minutes ago.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:15 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

If I were scum I'd be buddying River right now, like Bingle is
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:17 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 188, Keychain wrote: Though I understand you didn't actually use the heuristic, being put in the "more inactive" half of the game because I try to condense my thoughts instead of bloating pages with one thought per post rankles a bit :igmeou:
ha, i've felt the exact same way before :lol:

why do you specifically want bingle excluded?
In post 237, Keychain wrote: did you just spontaneously remember or were you prodded?

Also I passed my first aid course!
In post 238, Not_Mafia wrote: I remembered
to angleshoot this a little bit, assuming that NM is telling the truth about just randomly remembering, i imagine that if he had posted in the mafia PT before the game started he probably would have realized the game had started earlier. something to think about. (hopefully site rules haven't been updated to the point where i can't say this)

also, congrats on passing keychain!
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
Deltabreedy
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:18 am

Post by Deltabreedy »

No the point is that I already had stopped scumreading you, but by reaching out with advice, whilst I get it, it now is going to be a convenient thing to just say 'oh they're newbtown' whenever I make a case and because that's been the read from more than one person, it's going to be a compelling stick with which to beat my argument.

Honestly it's more disheartening than anything because I've got years of playing Mafia under my belt, so to have the things I said read as Newbtown and potentially summararily dismissed is really annoying tbh. NAI I think, but annoying.

Ninja'd: My god stop calling me River it's very literally not my name. You can't even back up your scumread with a vote because you haven't voted me yet!
Refer to me as 'Delta' or 'Tom'. Cheers! |
'Black, if you're scum, I'll eat my shoe.'
Never forget

Regular V/LA Wednesday evenings and Thursday all day (UTC+1)
|
GTKAS
Deltabreedy
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:19 am

Post by Deltabreedy »

Nah this is ridiculous tbh
Never forget

|
GTKAS
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:19 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 250, Keychain wrote: Is that the main source of your scumread on me north?
the main source of my scumread on you at this point is that this is the first time that you've even acknowledged that i have been scumreading you, even though i've brought it up in some way about every third post of mine.

things fall apart
Deltabreedy
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:22 am

Post by Deltabreedy »

That's three people now who are pretty committed to newb-reading anything I say. Any argument I make can now quite easily be countered because a third of the playerbase now holding that narrative. There scarcely seems a point to me playing, there's now a ready-made argument against anything I say from now to game end.
Never forget

|
GTKAS
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:23 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 253, Deltabreedy wrote: No the point is that I already had stopped scumreading you, but by reaching out with advice, whilst I get it, it now is going to be a convenient thing to just say 'oh they're newbtown' whenever I make a case and because that's been the read from more than one person, it's going to be a compelling stick with which to beat my argument.

Honestly it's more disheartening than anything because I've got years of playing Mafia under my belt, so to have the things I said read as Newbtown and potentially summararily dismissed is really annoying tbh. NAI I think, but annoying.

Ninja'd: My god stop calling me River it's very literally not my name. You can't even back up your scumread with a vote because you haven't voted me yet!
You're new to this site though and the play here and you're reacting to the play here in a very newbtown manner
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Deltabreedy
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:26 am

Post by Deltabreedy »

In post 257, Not_Mafia wrote: *snip*
You're new to this site though and the play here and you're reacting to the play here
in a very newbtown manner
I'm your biggest scumread according to your 'vote'.
Never forget

|
GTKAS
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:26 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 256, Deltabreedy wrote: That's three people now who are pretty committed to newb-reading anything I say. Any argument I make can now quite easily be countered because a third of the playerbase now holding that narrative. There scarcely seems a point to me playing, there's now a ready-made argument against anything I say from now to game end.
That's the game, deal with it and make better arguments next time
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:26 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 258, Deltabreedy wrote:
In post 257, Not_Mafia wrote: *snip*
You're new to this site though and the play here and you're reacting to the play here
in a very newbtown manner
I'm your biggest scumread according to your 'vote'.
Just because I'm voting you doesn't mean I'm scumreading you
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:29 am

Post by northsidegal »

{nsg}
{delta}
{bingle}
{patchwork, NM}
{dunnstral}
{kame, keychain, umlaut}

things fall apart
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:32 am

Post by Keychain »

In post 252, northsidegal wrote: to angleshoot this a little bit, assuming that NM is telling the truth about just randomly remembering, i imagine that if he had posted in the mafia PT before the game started he probably would have realized the game had started earlier. something to think about. (hopefully site rules haven't been updated to the point where i can't say this)
Yeah that's what I was thinkingish and decided
probably
not in but still... it's pretty compelling

re Bingle, I'm a hypocrite but it's because I'm getting too many coaching/helpfulness vibes from him
In post 255, northsidegal wrote:
In post 250, Keychain wrote: Is that the main source of your scumread on me north?
the main source of my scumread on you at this point is that this is the first time that you've even acknowledged that i have been scumreading you, even though i've brought it up in some way about every third post of mine.
why would I address it? I think you generally have good reads. If you're town I think you'll probably correct yourself over time without me needing to try and convince you. If you're scum you're scum. what else is there to say except it would be hilarious if you were town and eliminated me D1? That's what I've mostly been thinking about your read which isn't game productive
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:42 am

Post by Keychain »

In post 256, Deltabreedy wrote: That's three people now who are pretty committed to newb-reading anything I say. Any argument I make can now quite easily be countered because a third of the playerbase now holding that narrative. There scarcely seems a point to me playing, there's now a ready-made argument against anything I say from now to game end.
Patchwork and kawaii joined last month (though I don't know their prev mafia experience), do you regard their reads as less important than your own or anyone else's on that basis? I think you bring clarity to the game in any case even if I don't agree with the reason for your reads/votes, by the way you react and the way people react to you, which I find really helpful
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:43 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

n
o
r
t
h
s
i
d
e
g
a
l

D
e
l
t
a
b
r
e
e
d
y

p
a
t
c
h
w
o
r
k

K
e
y
c
h
a
i
n

U
m
l
a
u
t

K
a
w
a
i
i
K
a
m
e

D
u
n
n
s
t
r
a
l

B
i
n
g
l
e

N
o
t
_
M
a
f
i
a
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:46 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 262, Keychain wrote: why would I address it? I think you generally have good reads. If you're town I think you'll probably correct yourself over time without me needing to try and convince you. If you're scum you're scum. what else is there to say except it would be hilarious if you were town and eliminated me D1? That's what I've mostly been thinking about your read which isn't game productive
i have serious doubts that this would be your true opinion / behavior if you were town.
maybe
in another setup where there was just a d1 elimination and you assumed that i wouldn't push super hard for you to be it, sure. but in this setup particularly, if you are town, it is actually fairly important for other townies to recognize as such. i do not think that this is a fact which escapes you. i even went so far as to say that "i will never be okay with a coalition passing which includes keychain".

maybe i just have some complex, but if someone said that about me, i would at least
ask them
about it. it seems like the kind of thing that at least needs to be addressed, because i
know for a fact
that i'm town, and someone that i know being town being included in the coalition makes the game a lot easier for me. what i wouldn't do is just do nothing, expecting them to eventually change their mind. i
especially
wouldn't do that if i had a large amount of faith in their reads. if that were the case, i think that i would be even more likely to say something, because someone who should be getting something right is making a mistake.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:52 am

Post by northsidegal »

HEAL: delta

things fall apart
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:57 am

Post by Keychain »

This might be a you thing, because for me it's backwards. I find getting tangled in arguments whether I'm town with someone is a waste of my time since addressing it directly often entrenches them further in their read without improving my own - it doesn't personally help me read them. As scum I'm a lot more antsy about being scumread because I know they're right so I squirm more.

Also, you're not pushing except to not have me in the coalition. Sure I'd like to be in it because maths, but chances of the coalition passing aren't high so I doubt the game is going to end there anyway.

But if you'd like me to explicitly defend myself so you can correct your read - the most obvious point to me that I'm posting off the cuff far more than I'd normally be comfortable with in a game with players I'm familiar with. Bingle commented on frantic energy early on, which is true, but it would be less visible as scum because I'd channel it into the scum pt. I'd post much more slowly and carefully because I'm an anxious mess as scum who hides it with carefully constructed cases.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:58 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

If we choose a mafia coalition, is everyone outside the coalition eliminated?
KawaiiKame
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:01 am

Post by KawaiiKame »

In post 267, Keychain wrote: - the most obvious point to me that I'm posting off the cuff far more than I'd normally be comfortable with in a game with players I'm familiar with
I'm getting this flow of consciousness feel with you which is why I'm town reading you I feel
KawaiiKame
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:02 am

Post by KawaiiKame »

In post 268, Not_Mafia wrote: If we choose a mafia coalition, is everyone outside the coalition eliminated?
No it becomes a game of mafia, you eliminate scum b4 scum eliminates town, game continues as usual
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:02 am

Post by Keychain »

... What is a mafia coalition
KawaiiKame
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:03 am

Post by KawaiiKame »

In post 271, Keychain wrote: ... What is a mafia coalition
A coalition with mafia in it I'm assuming
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:04 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

So we just get a list of 5 players that has at least one scum in it?
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:05 am

Post by Keychain »

Ah I was thinking a coalition with all mafia, that makes more sense. Yeah but 1 in 5 is not improved odds from 2 in 9... unless I can't do maths
In post 269, KawaiiKame wrote:
In post 267, Keychain wrote: - the most obvious point to me that I'm posting off the cuff far more than I'd normally be comfortable with in a game with players I'm familiar with
I'm getting this flow of consciousness feel with you which is why I'm town reading you I feel
Thanks! the lack of it from you is why I'm scumreading you :wink:

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”