Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4625 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:36 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

me being a lot busier than I expected during this game also has helped with the passivity. (is this a good time to mention I'll be out of town and busy Friday-Monday)
To be clear: quack
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4626 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:12 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 4481, GuiltyLion wrote: Bingle/LLD, are there any concerns about sharing all the budgetary info in the main thread?
Go for it.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4627 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:13 pm

Post by Bingle »

Can confirm I only have one remaining ability.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #4628 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:15 pm

Post by Alisae »

Hello user Bingle
who are the wolves if I am mafia
who are the wolves if GL is mafia
who are the wolves if we are both town
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4629 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:43 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 4331, Bingle wrote: That leaves me with 2-3 scum in a pool of sheep/Furtiveglance/GivingUpOnTheDragons/Unowen, which is at worst, even odds with limming in Ali/GL.
GTH, I think the individual scummiest player here is sheep. I'm probably willing to just sheep LLD on furtive atp. STD felt like town while he was active, which I guess would mean Uno would be scum if neither of Ali/GL is T/T and that's like... eh? Maybe?

The fact that I can't put together a coherent scumteam that I think is compelling in any of those situations is literally why I keep asking what people think scumteams look like. I'm not asking because I have this grand solve and I want someone to come along and then well akshually them, but because I actually want to know.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #4630 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:44 pm

Post by Alisae »

Did you see the team I put out?
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4631 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:46 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 4608, GuiltyLion wrote: ultimately the one liner would be I don't see what he's really doing to help town win
The one liner response would be doing my absolute best to make sure we don't autolose.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4632 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:49 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 4630, Alisae wrote: Did you see the team I put out?
GL sheep uno? I did. It jives with my thought that LLD is emotionally tunneled on Furtive for killing her wim D1, but I'm not sold on GL scum. There's too many question marks there for me to want to unwrap that right now. What did you make of my thought that GL definitely thought the slip thing on xof was going to go through despite there being a clear counter to it in the thread?
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #4633 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:52 pm

Post by Alisae »

I think the slip thing probably comes from GL as both alignments tbh
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #4634 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:53 pm

Post by Alisae »

Like obviously there's wolf motivation for wanting to push a slip like that but Gl would probably do it as town too tbh
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4635 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:54 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 4610, Lady Lambdadelta wrote: Why isn't Bingle a bigger presence this game...
I mean besides that I literally didn't play mafia for two years? RL. I've been putting in exactly as much effort as I can afford to give this game (actually I haven't but you don't get to eat into my 4k strategy game time). And I don't think saying I haven't made an impact on this game is fair at all, although it is 100% fair that my reads have been proscum. I crusaded both the xof and ircher lims. I was wrong on both of the xof and ircher lims, but they are definitely an impact I've had on this game.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4636 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:55 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 4633, Alisae wrote: I think the slip thing probably comes from GL as both alignments tbh
The thing is I don't think GL scum pushes it that gung ho. Like, GL pays way more attention and sees that furtive claimed the vig prenight if he's scum I think.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #4637 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:57 pm

Post by Alisae »

maaaaaaaaaybe
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #4638 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:57 pm

Post by Alisae »

I'll mull it over
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4639 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:12 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 4498, GuiltyLion wrote: 1) Andante being a cop with a result is valuable to town, and scum would be willing to gamble one of their own to kill her,
or
2) it's not that valuable, and the setup is roughly balanced without scum powers like RB or strongman
wot?

These two things aren't mutually exclusive at all?

FTC is a breaking strategy.
Scum don't want to trade 1 for 1 with a cop claim.

If the answer to FTC was to have scum cc the cop on D1 it wouldn't be a breaking strategy. The cop strategy we're using is significantly less powerful than FTC, but still puts the game in a state that is similar to nightless if scum have no counterplay, but also has additional town power. https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... ss_Vanilla
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #4640 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:13 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

Bingle what's your furtive read
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4641 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:16 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 4638, Alisae wrote: I'll mull it over
Like, if you/GL is a 1v1 like you're arguing, then we're in a decent position here. But what if you're wrong? Did you look at GL's linked game where he went ham on Titus for quick hammering? Both of us know there are town *cowbells*cough* who would absolutely have the thought their read was strong enough to quickhammer a docclaim D1 as town, but GL pulled basically the same thing he's pulling here there and got flipped for it. And that lost town the game.

I think it's definitely worth it to try and make sure this is actually a 1v1 before we stuff our eggs in this particular tube sock. Once we start swinging it, we can't really go back.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4642 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:23 pm

Post by Bingle »

Overall scummy. I think your early read on him was colored by the wimkilling interactions and is potentially compromised by rage blinders and I don't really have an answer to pooky's why does scumfurtive protect xof point, but there are just so many weird questions around his play that I find it hard to think he's town. Of course, I thought the same shit about Lorne/Ircher and that got me this far so....

I'd be willing to flip furtive today.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4643 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:31 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 4642, Bingle wrote: Overall scummy. I think your early read on him was colored by the wimkilling interactions and is potentially compromised by rage blinders and I don't really have an answer to pooky's why does scumfurtive protect xof point, but there are just so many weird questions around his play that I find it hard to think he's town. Of course, I thought the same shit about Lorne/Ircher and that got me this far so....

I'd be willing to flip furtive today.
Can I take issue with your characterisation of 'wimkilling'? That wasn't something deliberate by me, I just thought that LLD had caused Ausuka to rep out in a way by pushing her so aggressively, and my posts in the same time period were a result of that.

What are your weird questions around my play? I'll see if I can answer them
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4644 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:35 pm

Post by Bingle »

I don't mean wimkilling as in a direct desire from you to kill LLD's WIM, or I would be 100% on youscum.

I mean that you were integral in the interactions that did in fact kill LLD's WIM. I would also say that Ausuka and Cakez were integral in that situation, but I do think that LLD is more likely to scumread you for it regardless of your play since.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4645 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:37 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 4644, Bingle wrote: I don't mean wimkilling as in a direct desire from you to kill LLD's WIM, or I would be 100% on youscum.

I mean that you were integral in the interactions that did in fact kill LLD's WIM. I would also say that Ausuka and Cakez were integral in that situation, but I do think that LLD is more likely to scumread you for it regardless of your play since.
ok...

My weird play?
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4646 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:45 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 4643, furtiveglance wrote: What are your weird questions around my play? I'll see if I can answer them
There was the whole pooky is scum because he convinced LLD to tell him to kill town thing, which you admitted to being contingent on xofelf town but which didn't disappear when you started scumreading xof. There was the weird defense of xofelf's slot and misunderstanding of the core of the slip argument. There was the "people said vig before xof did" comment to discount the slip without then pointing out that you'd said it prior to night start when it was clarified. I dunno, that's what comes to mind off the top of my head, but there were probably other things as well. I've basically just been lumping it under the general label of "WTF is furtive doing over there".
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4647 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:53 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 4646, Bingle wrote:
In post 4643, furtiveglance wrote: What are your weird questions around my play? I'll see if I can answer them
There was the whole pooky is scum because he convinced LLD to tell him to kill town thing, which you admitted to being contingent on xofelf town but which didn't disappear when you started scumreading xof. There was the weird defense of xofelf's slot and misunderstanding of the core of the slip argument. There was the "people said vig before xof did" comment to discount the slip without then pointing out that you'd said it prior to night start when it was clarified. I dunno, that's what comes to mind off the top of my head, but there were probably other things as well. I've basically just been lumping it under the general label of "WTF is furtive doing over there".
1) I townread SirCakez, and thought his killing was dumb. At the time the main reason for my Pooky scumread was his treatment of meowth (initial defence based on meta which turned out to be a different user), and I was townreading LLD quite strongly. Pooky literally offered to do whatever she wanted on N1, which seemed incongruent with what I'd seen of town!Pooky previously as quite a decisive player. So I thought there could have been some manipulation going on yeah. Turns out that was wrong.

2) I townread Ausuka, and maintained that into xofelf's tenure of the slot for a bit (naturally), but I thought based on xofelf's lack of content (in the main) that the slot was probably scum, especially as I was one of few initial nay-sayers to the push if you remember. I thought it was probable that people were seeing something I wasn't, and I'm not really used to town slots flaking like that, or at least in my experience it's more often scum that do it. No offence to xofelf and I understand people get busy.

3) I forgot that I myself raised concern about the use of a vig shot before N1, and I simply remembered that people had mentioned it, which I'm pretty sure they had, so I knew xofelf wasn't the first to bring it up.

Hopefully this helps you see things more clearly if you're Town, or expose yourself as Mafia if you try and push me further.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4648 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:42 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

ugh every time Bingle comes back and posts posts like I'm like no he can't be scum

I totally forgot about when furtive initially didn't understand the slip argument

anyway I got home and ate dinner, gonna do a tiny bit of house cleaning and smoke a j and then I plan to spend the next 2-3 hours rereading and trying to do a full reset. I am probably not gonna live tweet it but I'll be around to talk and I'll highlight whatever I find that stands out strongly
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4649 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:22 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 130, Datisi wrote: 114 gives me the vibe of trying to look smart in the early game but just not really succeeding. i also found it really weird to be asking so much about why someone would run for cop (not necessarily scummy in itself because the explanation for that is plausible), and i think there's obvious value in asking why someone is stuck on something seemingly unimportant or unproductive. so i do empathize with what she's asking.
ok I know I said I wasn't going to live tweet it I will try to resist the urge but this post actually makes me think town!Datisi, I don't know if scum!Datisi thinks to shade me so hard with the "look smart and not really succeeding" like that'd be too cold if he knew for a fact I am town lol
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”