GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4650 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:39 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

I am remembering how much I disliked Bingle's early game

the AD townread in feels really contrived especially now that I read this knowing ActionDan was in fact town

it just so strongly gives me the vibe of when scum gets caught making a pockety townread and so they try really hard to justify it with stuff that sounds plausible and complicated to demonstrate a solvey mind

I think my posts come off that way sometimes in how I write them so I'm sympathetic it to it but the underlying arguments here are a real stretch. the first paragraph assumes scum!AD would feel compelled to nightkill LD on N1 (wot) and also ignores that LLD declared treasurer on page 1 almost immediately so ActionDan couldn't make much noise about it anyways
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4651 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:42 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

sorry I realize my sentence is unclear

> the first paragraph assumes scum!AD would feel compelled to nightkill LD on N1 (wot)

here I'm not saying that LLD isn't worthy of an N1 kill or that it would be a bad choice for scum to make, rather I'm questioning the fact that Bingle basically treats it as a given that scum!AD would
definitely
want to kill LLD on N1. there's no way to know what AD's priorities when deciding the NK on N1 will be, maybe he'll be in really good standing with LLD and someone else will be a threat, maybe he'd just always kill cop or JOAT on N1 but definitely not trying to force somebody to be there. it's just such a weirdly specific reason to say AD is probably not scum with LLD
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4652 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:50 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

I wonder if Bingle's push on Nono which was the first thing I liked from him was actually a bus, and he was able to write truth into it and that was why I liked it

I wonder if the team is like furtive+Bingle+STD cause I still kinda don't think sheep is all that scummy other than his prolonged absences

running for sheriff against Alisae felt like a really protown move to do regardless of Alisae's alignment - if he's scum and wins sheriff he has to explain why he didn't die and come up with a result that narrows the limpool or goes for a 1-1

maybe a good move if he wants to fake a guilty at ELO but I don't know if scum!sheep has enough bravery or town standing to really do that?

gonna keep thinking on this
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4653 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:09 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 458, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 457, BloodB0t wrote:
In post 450, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 448, BloodB0t wrote: k no prob.

btw are you reluctant to townread me for meta reasons?
me?

We've played 1 game together before and you were quite an easy townread for me. I haven't seen that yet from you this game
Yeah I thought so. I think it's because I was super tryharding and wordy but I've decided to not play like that anymore because it was burning me out. Consider that my wordcount became much lower halfway through that game. Right now I'm trying to survive longer. I guess that's selfish, but meh... I haven't survived super long yet so it's an attractive challenge. Also I felt like I was confusing people when I was being super detailed with my reasoning.
Understandable. Have a nice day
this is really weird how easily furtive just accepts this response from Bl00db0t lol

also I forgot Bingle's initial take on Nono was "it's either awkward or scum but I can't tell" (SleepyKrew also I feel looks a lot townier to me now in how he calls this out) and that type of waffling but scumreading feels very in line with how scum may treat a buddy
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4654 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:12 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

also in hindsight the way Pooky/LLD so naturally bond and vibe with each other in the early game further resolves paranoia about LLD and I think it provides good context to why Pooky basically just let her shoot wherever

damn I really should actually clear my mind and reread games more often
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4655 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:15 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 506, meowth wrote: the phase is about to end and we don't have declarations from:
- furtiveglance
- bingle
- nono

i think it would be good if one of you ran against cakez
on the other hand, is this really scum calling out all three buddies for not declaring in one post

very audacious move if so but I recently lost to scum!Ausuka pulling the same thing in a game where she simultaneously called out both buddies as mandatory flips in a super casual non-agenda-y way
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #4656 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:17 pm

Post by Alisae »

GL you wanna know a trick to help you with your catch-up?

Add &ppp=200 to the end of the url
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4657 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:19 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

oh my gosh I have not ever done this before, excellent suggestion thank you :D
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #4658 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:20 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 4657, GuiltyLion wrote: oh my gosh I have not ever done this before, excellent suggestion thank you :D
If you quote something and post you'll have to redo it
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #4659 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:21 pm

Post by Alisae »

I saw Kison post about it it's a neat trick
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4660 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:21 pm

Post by Bingle »

It works better if you use &ppp=209
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #4661 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:22 pm

Post by Alisae »

it should be capped to 200 posts per page, no?
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4662 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:31 pm

Post by Bingle »

But 209 is prime.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #4663 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:31 pm

Post by Alisae »

42 better
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4664 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:32 pm

Post by Bingle »

&ppp=42069
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #4665 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:33 pm

Post by Alisae »

GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4666 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:50 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

lol fun fact I forgot I had 200ppp on and had a thought I wanted to post and started turbo scrolling for a solid 10 seconds before I realized my mistake

I realized I never shared treasury info - we had a decent windfall from taxes last night, we brought in $125. So even with paying back a $60 loan we could have $65 to play with and maybe take out another small loan. my thinking is we just fund the cop tonight and no one else, if sheep is town he's useful to flip and get out of the POE without wasting a lim if scum kills him, and if he lives he can investigate Bingle or whoever we're least sure of in the limpool
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #4667 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:55 pm

Post by Alisae »

If tonight is the last night we can act there isn't any reason not to slam the all in button
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #4668 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:57 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

i'm drunkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #4669 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:57 pm

Post by Alisae »

hi lld
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #4670 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:57 pm

Post by Alisae »

how is drunk
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #4671 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:59 pm

drunk is good i did pubquiz for hebi birthday with Haschel

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #4672 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:59 pm

i'm a good girl, or at leaast that's what i'm told

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #4673 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:01 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 4672, Lady Lambdadelta wrote: i'm a good girl, or at leaast that's what i'm told
you are!
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4674 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:01 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

ok my stamina to post Catchup Takes is fading but rest assured I am continuing to read and think about the game

I am progressively liking a furtive+Bingle+STD solve more and more though I have yet to find a single thing that doesn't feel like it fits

I am least sure about STD it's possible it could be sheep still but I'm remembering how awkward Nono was early game and furtive/Bingle feel like they're maneuvering around it a lot more than bloodb0t, and I also think furtive locking blood town feels more likely WK or pocket than defending a buddy

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”